poeple and thier coffee

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    i have to say, norm was quite excited about drive thru espresso stands (they are in Montana too). I cannot believe they don't have them in Lala Land.

We even have lingere and bikini espresso stands here....sometimes the cops even have to come and shut them down for 'crude and indecent exposure and acts'.

(I was gonna post a pic of an espresso stand, but it seems, there are only pics of the bikini ones... :think:)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    i have to say, norm was quite excited about drive thru espresso stands (they are in Montana too). I cannot believe they don't have them in Lala Land.

We even have lingere and bikini espresso stands here....sometimes the cops even have to come and shut them down for 'crude and indecent exposure and acts'.

(I was gonna post a pic of an espresso stand, but it seems, there are only pics of the bikini ones... :think:)

those places are ALL over anchorage. like every street corner. we went to the sugar shack by the jail. then drove by the jail because the woman has this weird infatuation with them. if memory serves, the bails bond place next to the jail had a coffee shop in it as well. :lol:

all had cute girls working them, duh, but did not see bikini's. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:

kinda pricey :problem:
    RKCNDY wrote:

well it just makes so much sense! i wish they had them here (bikini or non-bikini is fine)...beats the hell out of going into a starbucks and watching people make inane orders for fucking coffee
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    oh and how about correcting the spelling in the title...yeah, i'm being that guy :wave: :P

true...a search for 'teh' brings up all your posts :P
    having known misspellllings makes it easier to search my posts. ;)
    81 wrote:
    lazy comes with a price....i'm going to keep looking. i'd be happy with one that sits on teh counter that has a water line.

the smaller version would work for me. 200 bucks...yeah..bit pricey, but the lazy factor is cool. downside is it would involve effort to install and does the extra cost and work outweigh the savings and pouring of water :lol:

and i'm sure even with the water feed, you still have to clean it...sometimes it's easier to go down the block to the starbucks...obnoxious poeple and all :P :lol:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    lazy comes with a price....i'm going to keep looking. i'd be happy with one that sits on teh counter that has a water line.

the smaller version would work for me. 200 bucks...yeah..bit pricey, but the lazy factor is cool. downside is it would involve effort to install and does the extra cost and work outweigh the savings and pouring of water :lol:

and i'm sure even with the water feed, you still have to clean it...sometimes it's easier to go down the block to the starbucks...obnoxious poeple and all :P :lol:

living with a woman has it's benifits. :lol:

pay back on it would be about a year on it.

of course, anouther option would be to purchase shares in SBUX. they pay a quartery dividiend of 21 cents per share. based on my coffee drinking, i'd need 250 or so shares to cover my coffee cost. that'd almost $13,000. :lol:

that $20 french press is looking better by the day. now if only it came with a french maid. :think:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I don't know about those, but every coffee maker I've bought in the past couple of years says that for proper use you have to use mineral water, likely as a way of getting out of warranty I would imagine. I bought one of those 1 cup coffee makers about a year ago, where you put the little cups in. It was nice, but after about 9 months it had calcium build up (even though I cleaned with vinegar regularly per the directions) and by the time a year had passed it was just a piece of trash sitting on my counter. And this thing is made to be hooked up to your water supply and auto fill, yet at the same time they say to use mineral water. Like I have mineral water running through my pipes.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    I don't know about those, but every coffee maker I've bought in the past couple of years says that for proper use you have to use mineral water, likely as a way of getting out of warranty I would imagine. I bought one of those 1 cup coffee makers about a year ago, where you put the little cups in. It was nice, but after about 9 months it had calcium build up (even though I cleaned with vinegar regularly per the directions) and by the time a year had passed it was just a piece of trash sitting on my counter. And this thing is made to be hooked up to your water supply and auto fill, yet at the same time they say to use mineral water. Like I have mineral water running through my pipes.

depending on your water, just vinegar may not work. You can use CLR too.
    most likely it asked you to use distilled water, or hook up a water softner if there is a direct line...minerals build up in the coffee maker, that hard water mineral stuff.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    RKCNDY wrote:

depending on your water, just vinegar may not work. You can use CLR too.
    most likely it asked you to use distilled water, or hook up a water softner if there is a direct line...minerals build up in the coffee maker, that hard water mineral stuff.

Does that stuff actually work? I've always been wary about "as seen on TV" stuff, especially when guys like Billy Mays (RIP) are the pitch man. He always made everything sound so good, that I thought it had to be too good to be true.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,821
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    oh and how about correcting the spelling in the title...yeah, i'm being that guy :wave: :P

Hey smoking baby, you know POEPLE hate it when you misspell words. Get a farkin dictionary.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

Hey smoking baby, you know POEPLE hate it when you misspell words. Get a farkin dictionary.

:think:

in tell bill gates to fix IE. :lol:

i do fix the issues when i use firefox...since it will underline them for me. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

Does that stuff actually work? I've always been wary about "as seen on TV" stuff, especially when guys like Billy Mays (RIP) are the pitch man. He always made everything sound so good, that I thought it had to be too good to be true.

oh yeah, CLR is awesome. When the vinegar didn't work I bought a bottle, and it worked. It was like "damn, now the coffee maker works like brand spanking new!"

Though, you do want to run about 5 cycles of clean water after the CLR treatment. It's basically the same stuff they sell at Bed Bath and Beyond labeled 'special coffee maker cleaner'.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

oh yeah, CLR is awesome. When the vinegar didn't work I bought a bottle, and it worked. It was like "damn, now the coffee maker works like brand spanking new!"

Though, you do want to run about 5 cycles of clean water after the CLR treatment. It's basically the same stuff they sell at Bed Bath and Beyond labeled 'special coffee maker cleaner'.

do you use full strength or do you cut it with water?
    norm wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

do you use full strength or do you cut it with water?

first time thru (if it's really bad) I use it full strength. otherwise, I use a 50/50. Sometimes, I shut it off mid-cycle, so it can sit in the tubes for 5 minutes.

vinegar I always use full strength

- Christopher McCandless
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    this little thing would be perfect for the office

http://gizmodo.com/5962094/french-press ... =pulsenews
    LloydXmas wrote:
    this little thing would be perfect for the office

http://gizmodo.com/5962094/french-press ... =pulsenews

hmm...i'm always skeptical when they create a two in one product.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Horos wrote:
    French Press people!

bought one today, as well as a nice grinder....and some coffee beans

tommorrow......we press
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    ground and pressed my first pot....not too bad
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    need to make another pot now :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    My dad had knee surgery this morning. When he came out of it, first thing he asked for was coffee. :fp: :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    black coffee, please. I'll get my fat and calories elsewhere
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    kw18 wrote:
    My dad had knee surgery this morning. When he came out of it, first thing he asked for was coffee. :fp: :lol:

:lol: :thumbup:

I got another three pounds of Jacobs Krönung off amazon on Friday. Cheaper than DD's medium roast and it tastes just the same :mrgreen:

Time to make another couple of cups ...
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    my son needed a metal coffee can for his school science project (he has to figure out how to protect an egg in the can so that it survives a drop off the roof of the school). The only brand of coffee I could find in a metal can was Chock Full O Nuts, I got the French Roast. So I made it yesterday, its kind of strong, but not my favorite. I hope the egg survives.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    my son needed a metal coffee can for his school science project (he has to figure out how to protect an egg in the can so that it survives a drop off the roof of the school). The only brand of coffee I could find in a metal can was Chock Full O Nuts, I got the French Roast. So I made it yesterday, its kind of strong, but not my favorite. I hope the egg survives.

Shouldn't it be "Chock Full O Grinds?"

JonnyPistaschio, you are the nut expert - help us out here.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

an update: worried that his project was due Monday, my son completed his completed the project by packing the can full of socks and bubble wrap and the egg, took it to school only to find out it is due Friday. I asked him where it is, he says at home on the shelf. I asked him where the egg is and of course it's still in the can. Imagine the shock of the teachers when they drop this thing off the roof, and they breath in the stench of the shattered rotten egg. :lol:
    I could use a cup
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

We need to discuss fees first. I do not come cheap.
    Actually yes I do. But I cannot focus, I saw "French Roast," and now I'm thinking French Maids, and I cant remember what I was thinking otherwise... Oh nuts, thats right. Yes, do it.. or something. :?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

We need to discuss fees first. I do not come cheap.
    Actually yes I do. But I cannot focus, I saw "French Roast," and now I'm thinking French Maids, and I cant remember what I was thinking otherwise... Oh nuts, thats right. Yes, do it.. or something. :?

I remember my first cup of coffee
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I remember my first cup of coffee

:lol: Yeah, I dont really drink coffee.
    Kinda like how you might crave a huge frozen icee in mid february.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i started drinking coffee when i was 5, might explain a few things