poeple and thier coffee

Comments

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    French Press people!
    #FHP
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Bialetti Moka Express Espresso Maker, 6 Cup by La Cafetiere is the only way to go people :D

I never ever go to Starbucks,McDonalds etc for coffee,their coffee is putrid.I always go to an indie store where they roast and grind on the premises.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Horos wrote:
    French Press people!
    I've been using this for the last year. Beats any coffee I've ever had. Ive been brewing the Pike Place roast from Starbucks.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    when i go to starbucks i get a venti bold and i cringe when i have to order it with that lingo.

but just the other day, i ask for it, and the guy is like... "oh, you mean a dark roast, not a bold. yeah, we changed the name from bold to dark roast, our customers were getting confused."

WELL MAYBE IF YOU FUCKWADS DIDN'T MAKE ORDERING A COFFEE SO FUCKING CRYPTIC! :lol:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I will give anything up but not coffee

I am just a one cup a day lady done just black and it makes my day :D
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rival. wrote:
    when i go to starbucks i get a venti bold and i cringe when i have to order it with that lingo.

but just the other day, i ask for it, and the guy is like... "oh, you mean a dark roast, not a bold. yeah, we changed the name from bold to dark roast, our customers were getting confused."

WELL MAYBE IF YOU FUCKWADS DIDN'T MAKE ORDERING A COFFEE SO FUCKING CRYPTIC! :lol:
    I just say medium coffee....seems to work
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    I bought myself one of the Keurig Machines (one cup system) and I officially could not live without it! The coffee is so yummy and I can get so many different varieties. Strongly suggest getting one of these machines!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
    Horos wrote:
    French Press people!

a) where is the best place to get one

b) anybody know where i can get a coffee maker that i can hook up to a water line? yes, i am that lazy.

c) if you were going to buy a traditional coffee maker, which one would you buy?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    I'm 36 and have never had a sip of coffee in my life. I plan to make it to 86 being the same way. Coffee, blah!!!
  • After having tried several brands, I settled with the Dunkin Donuts Medium Roast for my home brew. It comes closest to what I am used to from Germany. Who would have thought ...
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    81 wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    French Press people!

a) where is the best place to get one

b) anybody know where i can get a coffee maker that i can hook up to a water line? yes, i am that lazy.

c) if you were going to buy a traditional coffee maker, which one would you buy?
    My daughter bought me mine when she worked at Starbucks 4-5 years ago. Still works great.
    #FHP
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i couldn't get past the "sitting in starbucks " line
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

it's relaxing. have a coffee and read the paper. [will shrug]
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    French Press at target is 20-25 dollars. Same one that Starbucks and Williams and Sanoma sells. Get the one with the chrome top.

My wife got me one 3 years ago and I use it all the time. It's a process, but 10000% worth it
  • Horos wrote:
    French Press people!
    I wasn't a fan of this to start with but now I love it. You really get the full bodied flavor. :D
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
    81 wrote:

too many jackoffs with their coffee orders (as you mentioned)

grande this, mocha that

bitch give me a large light and sweet....simple
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    81 wrote:

grande this, mocha that

i don't pay too much attention to them...unless they have a nice ass :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Large coffee w/ a little bit of milk. Done.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

grande this, mocha that

i don't pay too much attention to them...unless they have a nice ass :lol:

touche
    in all honesty..im getting bored w/ coffee

after a few zips/// i toss it
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    There is a coffee shop around here that has a machine that is advertised, "as powerful as a Ferrari engine". Haven't been there yet, but I will be sure to report on it when I go there.

I like my Stumptown coffee, and they have a new one called 'Cold Brew'. Served on tap, ice cold, black. Pretty hard core...but delicious!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I like my coffee the way I like my women - strong, black, and bitter
    RKCNDY wrote:
    There is a coffee shop around here that has a machine that is advertised, "as powerful as a Ferrari engine". Haven't been there yet, but I will be sure to report on it when I go there.

I like my Stumptown coffee, and they have a new one called 'Cold Brew'. Served on tap, ice cold, black. Pretty hard core...but delicious!

i saw on some show, there was this one coffee brewing machine that goes for $20K. it allows you to control the water temp, pressure, etc, which in turns impacts the taste of the coffee
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:

i would love to have this! i am just as, if not more so, lazy

oh and how about correcting the spelling in the title...yeah, i'm being that guy :wave: :P
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

i saw on some show, there was this one coffee brewing machine that goes for $20K. it allows you to control the water temp, pressure, etc, which in turns impacts the taste of the coffee

yeah, basically that's the premise, the faster the water is shot thru the grounds, it can extract more flavor. I'll see if I can find the website...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

i would love to have this! i am just as, if not more so, lazy

oh and how about correcting the spelling in the title...yeah, i'm being that guy :wave: :P

http://www.lowes.com/SearchCatalogDispl ... reId=10151
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    ok, so the LONGER it takes to go thru the coffee, the better, just build up the pressure...

http://www.slayerespresso.com/

they make those machines in the same area where 10c HQ is...wonder if they have one there...

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

yeah, basically that's the premise, the faster the water is shot thru the grounds, it can extract more flavor. I'll see if I can find the website...

quick google found this

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2008/0 ... index.html

not quite how i remember it looking on tv. i forget the nickname of the one i saw.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:
    ok, so the LONGER it takes to go thru the coffee, the better, just build up the pressure...

http://www.slayerespresso.com/

they make those machines in the same area where 10c HQ is...wonder if they have one there...

that looks like it.

i need to visit someplace with one of these things.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    norm wrote:

having known misspellllings makes it easier to search my posts. ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg