Aaron Rodgers....Really?

13»

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Is this the first time the Pro Bowl crowd booed the players for lack of effort? I know sometimes fans of one team or another will boo specific players/team, but I've never heard of them just booing the Pro Bowl.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    RiotZact wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Maybe if Jay Cutler was as competitive as Rodgers the Bears would actually make the playoffs.

If Jay Cutler was the one who said it then the OP never would have started this thread :roll: I get hating a team and it's players because of the rivalry but hating everything that comes out of their mouth just because it's them that says it is just dumb......for example if Rodgers would have said the exact opposite, that the players shouldn't try so hard in case they get injured, we would still have this thread with the same exact title just because Rodgers said it.......................My opinion on the topic is that he should have kept his mouth shut, honestly, he's right for the most part but that doesn't mean it was a smart thing to say. Odds are that he thought the same thing 2 years ago when he started but he didn't say anything like that probably because he was more humble then, now that he's one of the top dogs he thinks he can say whatever he wants. Hopefully watching someone else raise the Lombardi trophy over their head this Sunday will bring him back to earth a little bit.
    Your right I probably wouldn't have started the thread if Cutler said it. But he didn't. Rodgers said it.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Is this the first time the Pro Bowl crowd booed the players for lack of effort? I know sometimes fans of one team or another will boo specific players/team, but I've never heard of them just booing the Pro Bowl.
    I think so. I agree the game is a joke, but the players took it to the next level of jokeness. It would be more neat to watch the players square-off in 13 vs 13 game of Madden.
    DewieCox wrote:
    Rodgers is a doucher
    When did Rodgers become a doucher? I have a decent douche radar and he has yet to make a blip. I don't think anyone could have handled the Farve exit any better.

Speaking of douchers, Tom Brady ( ;) ) is taking heat for making comments about Buffalo not being a nice place to visit ... although after he said it, he immediately realized he made a mistake and asked the reporter not to print it. Since I read it this morning, the "journalist" basically said Fuck You. Now the city of Buffalo is grabbing their douchforks and torches. I gotta take Brady's side on this one. :sick:

Media is completely out of control today. TMZ is dictating ethics.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Jason P wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    Rodgers is a doucher
    When did Rodgers become a doucher? I have a decent douche radar and he has yet to make a blip. I don't think anyone could have handled the Farve exit any better.

Speaking of douchers, Tom Brady ( ;) ) is taking heat for making comments about Buffalo not being a nice place to visit ... although after he said it, he immediately realized he made a mistake and asked the reporter not to print it. Since I read it this morning, the "journalist" basically said Fuck You. Now the city of Buffalo is grabbing their douchforks and torches. I gotta take Brady's side on this one. :sick:

Media is completely out of control today. TMZ is dictating ethics.

Since last years SB. Has just came off arrogant since then and when the way tries to not come off that way it seems forced.

I hate Brady as much as any Colts fan should, but I can't say he's ever displayed huge douche qualities.

Somebody rapidly climbing up that list is Jim Irsay. Gonna have a hard time remaining a fan if he keeps acting like he has lately. I think it's a mistake but I can deal with parting with Manning. I just think he's handling it about as classless as an owner could.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Jason P wrote:
    I think so. I agree the game is a joke, but the players took it to the next level of jokeness. It would be more neat to watch the players square-off in 13 vs 13 game of Madden.

I would watch that!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • DewieCox wrote:
    Since last years SB. Has just came off arrogant since then and when the way tries to not come off that way it seems forced.

I hate Brady as much as any Colts fan should, but I can't say he's ever displayed huge douche qualities.

Somebody rapidly climbing up that list is Jim Irsay. Gonna have a hard time remaining a fan if he keeps acting like he has lately. I think it's a mistake but I can deal with parting with Manning. I just think he's handling it about as classless as an owner could.

Irsay is a real clown. I dont know if he's trying to be Jerry Jones or what, but for an owner he talks way too much.
    DewieCox wrote:

Irsay is a real clown. I dont know if he's trying to be Jerry Jones or what, but for an owner he talks way too much.
    I think a large part of it is amplified because the media vultures are in town for the SB, so if he breaks wind, the blogosphere lights up.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,534
    mca47 wrote:
    They simply either need to stop playing the Pro Bowl altogether, or they need to make it worth something.
    The MLB Allstar game was worthless for a number of years...but now it's worth something and the level of play has gone up.

It would be tough for the NFL though. Since 3 or 4 players on the entire team are playing the Superbowl in two weeks, it would be tough to motivate the others to try to win...when the game itself could put their careers in jeopardy if they get hurt.

My vote is just to put a stop to the Pro Bowl. There is no reason for it.

no all star game should be worth anything. mlb's game deciding home field in the world series is the biggest joke of them all. i haven't noticed the level of play change at all. starters still only play a few innings.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    what were the probowl ratings like? can't believe people actually watched that crap
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    what were the probowl ratings like? can't believe people actually watched that crap

the only guy i know who watched it was a friend who had a shit load of cash on the over. :lol:

ratings were down, but still higher than mlb and nba:
    http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012/01 ... uivalents/
    www.myspace.com
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    If you look at the hour by hour ratings you can see how many people turned it off.

It started off with 12.9 viewers, the highest viewership it would reach, but also had no real competition as the prime time shows had not started.

An hour later 1 million had turned it off, it was down to 11.9 million and losing the ratings battle to "Undercover Boss".

The next hour they lost 2 million more, down to 9.95 million, losing to "The Good Wife"

By the final hour 1.7 million more had tuned out dropping it to 8.25 million losing to "CSI: MIami"

Over the course of 3 hours it dropped from 12.9 million viewers to 8.25 million. That's about 1/3 of the total viewership that turned it off.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I have this years Pro Bowl on dvr and I've watched it three times already.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    If you look at the hour by hour ratings you can see how many people turned it off.

It started off with 12.9 viewers, the highest viewership it would reach, but also had no real competition as the prime time shows had not started.

An hour later 1 million had turned it off, it was down to 11.9 million and losing the ratings battle to "Undercover Boss".

The next hour they lost 2 million more, down to 9.95 million, losing to "The Good Wife"

By the final hour 1.7 million more had tuned out dropping it to 8.25 million losing to "CSI: MIami"

Over the course of 3 hours it dropped from 12.9 million viewers to 8.25 million. That's about 1/3 of the total viewership that turned it off.

And that doesn't take the people that fell asleep while watching and left it on that channel into account.

i'd think that's gotta be true for every all star game where the starters only play a limited amount of time.
    www.myspace.com
    DS1119 wrote:
    I have this years Pro Bowl on dvr and I've watched it three times already.
    :lol:
    www.myspace.com