Aaron Rodgers....Really?

shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 53448.html

It's the Pro Bowl!!!!! Everyone knows it's the biggest joke and will eventually be phased out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 53448.html
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Maybe if Jay Cutler was as competitive as Rodgers the Bears would actually make the playoffs.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Rodgers is the man

I forgot about the Pro-Bowl
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,281
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Maybe if Jay Cutler was as competitive as Rodgers the Bears would actually make the playoffs.

Damn you non-competitive broken bone!! Damn you to hell!
    They simply either need to stop playing the Pro Bowl altogether, or they need to make it worth something.
    The MLB Allstar game was worthless for a number of years...but now it's worth something and the level of play has gone up.

It would be tough for the NFL though. Since 3 or 4 players on the entire team are playing the Superbowl in two weeks, it would be tough to motivate the others to try to win...when the game itself could put their careers in jeopardy if they get hurt.

My vote is just to put a stop to the Pro Bowl. There is no reason for it.
  • Mamasan23 wrote:

I really hope you're not serious.
  • mca47 wrote:
    They simply either need to stop playing the Pro Bowl altogether, or they need to make it worth something.
    The MLB Allstar game was worthless for a number of years...but now it's worth something and the level of play has gone up.

It would be tough for the NFL though. Since 3 or 4 players on the entire team are playing the Superbowl in two weeks, it would be tough to motivate the others to try to win...when the game itself could put their careers in jeopardy if they get hurt.

The Pro Bowl got better TV ratings than the MLB all star game. As shitty as it is, it's not going to stop anytime soon. It's all about money.
    mca47 wrote:

The Pro Bowl got better TV ratings than the MLB all star game. As shitty as it is, it's not going to stop anytime soon. It's all about money.

I know it gets better rating and it's all about the money....sadly.
    I also know it won't go away anytime soon. As a fan, it just pisses me off. They might as well play flag football or have the players play a game of Madden. :lol:
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    edited February 2012
    I like Rogers but he is being a douche here.

Shut up it's the pro bowl. No one wants to get hurt. He plays at a position in wich the league babies him and does everything the can to protect him. Its hard to go ful speed in a game that you have very little practice with others on your team and you are gettign nothign out of it.

Instead of the pro bowl i rather them just admit no one wants to get hurt and do those drills like the used to do on ABC sports back in the day when the quarterbacks got together and tried to hit targets down the field maybe the lineman do weight lifting and the RB's/WR/CB's do sprints to see who the fastest man in the nfl is etc. That would be more fun then watching a bunch of guys who obviously don't care and for good reason
    Post edited by intodeep on
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I really hope you're not serious.

Oh come on now! I'm about as serious as someone getting upset about Rodgers' Pro Bowl comments!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    intodeep wrote:

Instead of the pro bowl i rather them just admit no one wants to get hurt and do those drills like the used to do on ABC sports back in the day when the quarterbacks got together and tried to hit targets down the field maybe the lineman do weight lifting and the RB's/WR/CB's do sprints to see who the fastest man in the nfl is etc. That would be more fun then watching a bunch of guys who obviously don't care and for good reason

Oh yeah...what ever happened to that? I always thought that was pretty cool!
    Maybe the players realized if they competed head-to-head with others, their overall stock/value would go down. It's kinda like the combine. Do well, your stock goes up. Do poorly and it goes down.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    intodeep wrote:

Shut up it's the pro bowl. No one wants to get hurt. He plays at a position in wich the league babies him and does everything the can to protect him. Its hard to go ful speed in a game that you have very little practice with others on your team and you are gettign nothign out of it.

Someone blew out a knee a while back in one of those skills competitions..I forget who but they stopped after that. Yea the probowl is a joke but I back Rogers for calling guys out.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • mca47 wrote:

I know it gets better rating and it's all about the money....sadly.
    I also know it won't go away anytime soon. As a fan, it just pisses me off. They might as well play flag football or have the players play a game of Madden. :lol:[/quote]

Yep. Definitely not going away anytime soon. I just don't watch it.
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    Oh come on now! I'm about as serious as someone getting upset about Rodgers' Pro Bowl comments!

Just wanted to make sure! :mrgreen:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    That game was an absolute joke ... I actually switched over to watch the golf match midway thru the 2nd quarter. :shock:

That's how bad that "game" was.

Every player involved should be complaining about guys not being competitive OR saying the game is a joke and they didn't give a rat's ass about it.

This is also another microcosm of what happens when a sport celebrity is open and honest about his thoughts. He get's killed in the media fodder. I guess everyone will have to start sounding like the NASCAR robots in their interviews.
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Good one...Did you come up with that one all by yourself? Or did you hear that in the return line for Super Bowl tickets?
    Jason P wrote:
    That game was an absolute joke ... I actually switched over to watch the golf match midway thru the 2nd quarter. :shock:

That's how bad that "game" was.

Every player involved should be complaining about guys not being competitive OR saying the game is a joke and they didn't give a rat's ass about it.

This is also another microcosm of what happens when a sport celebrity is open and honest about his thoughts. He get's killed in the media fodder. I guess everyone will have to start sounding like the NASCAR robots in their interviews.
    What are you talking about. The Pro Bowl has been a known joke for ever. Everyone knows that it's a game of patty cake out there. I think the fans got what they wanted a high scoring game and all offense. Why should these guys go full speed and get hurt? Football contracts are a lot different than any other sport.
    shadowcast wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Good one...Did you come up with that one all by yourself? Or did you hear that in the return line for Super Bowl tickets?

Still haven't recovered from last year's NFC Championship game yet, eh?

Relax man! What's a good rivalry without some shit-talking?
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    intodeep wrote:

Oh yeah....."Super-Stars"...what a show.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    shadowcast wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I can't talk to you about Bears-Packers. You're a traitor!! No one from Chicago becomes a Packers fan later in life...it's just wrong.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    While the Pro Bowl is always kind of a joke, this year was considered the worst, and might possibly be the straw that broke the camel's back as far as it just being accepted as part of football. I didn't watch the game, but the talking heads on ESPN and on various sports radio channels have been going off about how utterly awful it was, worse than usual, so maybe Aaron had a point. Everybody knows it's not to be taken seriously, but at the same time people pay for tickets, and people take the time to watch, so you want to at least pretend like you're playing a game, and according to what I heard it was like watching 4th graders play flag football.

No all-star game is really full blast, but they make a show out of it at least. It would appear football players aren't even willing to do that in exchange for their free trip to Hawaii, so maybe the whole thing needs to be scrapped.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    shadowcast wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Oh I'm fine eh. Is it true that you were once a Bears fan and have turned to a Packer fan?
    While the Pro Bowl is always kind of a joke, this year was considered the worst, and might possibly be the straw that broke the camel's back as far as it just being accepted as part of football. I didn't watch the game, but the talking heads on ESPN and on various sports radio channels have been going off about how utterly awful it was, worse than usual, so maybe Aaron had a point. Everybody knows it's not to be taken seriously, but at the same time people pay for tickets, and people take the time to watch, so you want to at least pretend like you're playing a game, and according to what I heard it was like watching 4th graders play flag football.

No all-star game is really full blast, but they make a show out of it at least. It would appear football players aren't even willing to do that in exchange for their free trip to Hawaii, so maybe the whole thing needs to be scrapped.
    You cannot compare the Pro-Bowl to any other all star game. Two reasons; 1) the risk of injury is much greater than any other sport and 2) The contracts are not guaranteed.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    shadowcast wrote:

You cannot compare the Pro-Bowl to any other all star game. Two reasons; 1) the risk of injury is much greater than any other sport and 2) The contracts are not guaranteed.

But you can compare this year's Pro Bowl to the ones from the past. Like I said, I didn't see it, but from what they were talking about on ESPN, the radio and so forth, it was much worse than usual. Rodgers isn't the only one talking about it, just the one that has become the poster child, since his comments were probably the most critical.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    shadowcast wrote:
    Is it true that you were once a Bears fan and have turned to a Packer fan?

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    shadowcast wrote:
    Is it true that you were once a Bears fan and have turned to a Packer fan?

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
    I can't talk to you about Bears-Packers. You're a traitor!! No one from Chicago becomes a Packers fan later in life...it's just wrong.
    :mrgreen:
    shadowcast wrote:
    Oh I'm fine eh. Is it true that you were once a Bears fan and have turned to a Packer fan?
    ;) Correction...I was raised to blindly follow the Bears but never really followed football at all. Once I made a point to get into the game and understand it, I realized that the Packers were my team. It's kinda like being raised with certain religious beliefs and as you get older you understand that it was all a bunch of bullhonky!
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    :mrgreen:
    shadowcast wrote:
    ;) Correction...I was raised to blindly follow the Bears but never really followed football at all. Once I made a point to get into the game and understand it, I realized that the Packers were my team. It's kinda like being raised with certain religious beliefs and as you get older you understand that it was all a bunch of bullhonky!

There's no defending it! A Chicagoan raised a Bears fan CANNOT become a Packers fan!
    There's no defending it! A Chicagoan raised a Bears fan CANNOT become a Packers fan!

unless they are a fraud.

speaking of frauds....i met this chick yesterday that was a pats fan....her brother is a cowboy fan. she is also a blackhawk fan. i almost called her a fraud...but i figured i better be nice... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

unless they are a fraud.

speaking of frauds....i met this chick yesterday that was a pats fan....her brother is a cowboy fan. she is also a blackhawk fan. i almost called her a fraud...but i figured i better be nice... :lol:

Oh step off it Ohioan!!!!!!!! Were you raised a Bears fan??!!! ;)
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:

unless they are a fraud.

Oh step off it Ohioan!!!!!!!! Were you raised a Bears fan??!!! ;)

we always got the bears games on the fort wayne station ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg