1 vs 7: How many AET people own a gun?

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Makes me feel sick watching shit like that.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Proves that those that attack in packs are weak.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Proves that those that attack in packs are weak.

And the guy with a fucking BAT isn't weak? They're all weak to me. The guy should have kept driving.
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

And the guy with a fucking BAT isn't weak? They're all weak to me. The guy should have kept driving.

When you're up against 7 guys got to take something to the fight.
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Yeah, but if the ONLY way you're going to win is to get a fucking bat or something else to smash the people with, when there is the possibility of totally avoiding the situation altogether, I believe one should walk away. There was no way he was going to win anyway....one of the guys was on him as he got in the car. What a hero....not.

It's a fucked up world. I'm seriously going to have my children in some kind of martial arts lessons from a young age.
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

sit in the car and drive off,,,

no need for him to get out ..

all are foolish

its a sad world
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795

sit in the car and drive off,,,

no need for him to get out ..

all are foolish

its a sad world

agreed
    he's lucky it turned out the way it did
    these guys were just looking for a fight
    punks
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • That's why I got a concealed weapons permit and have a firearm in the car when I am out and about.
    Bridge School Benefit 1 1994 Fargo 2003 Winnipeg 2005 St Paul 2006 Auckland 2009 Christchurch 2009 2011: Alpine Valley 1 & 2 Montreal Toronto 1 & 2 Ottawa Hamilton Winnipeg Saskatoon Calgary Edmonton Vancouver
    EV MPLS 2011 Missoula 9/30/12
  • Testosterone is scary when abused. What an ass.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • That's why I got a concealed weapons permit and have a firearm in the car when I am out and about.

thats why im glad im in the uk
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Testosterone is scary when abused. What an ass.
    Amen to that.

(although - look out for Estrogen-abusers too...raaawr <
    supposed to be catfight sound)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    That's why I got a concealed weapons permit and have a firearm in the car when I am out and about.

and that's why i'll never go to Fargo.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I couldn't even watch it all - made me sick....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    That's why I got a concealed weapons permit and have a firearm in the car when I am out and about.

What a cock. (not you, thrilla....the guy above you)

So fucking glad guns are banned in Australia.
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

What a cock. (not you, thrilla....the guy above you)

So fucking glad guns are banned in Australia.

Banned but they still end up in crooks hands.
    Like with these recent Bikie shooting in SA.

Of course....but can you imagine how much worse it would be if they weren't banned?
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    It sounded like the guy filming creamed him pants when the bat came out. "Yes!"
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Of course....but can you imagine how much worse it would be if they weren't banned?
    With all due respect, being allowed to carry a concealed weapon isn't a bad thing.. In this instance, if the guy in the car would have pulled out a gun that he was legally allowed to carry, he would have been in serious trouble with the law.. you are only permitted to use your weapon in extreme instances of life or death.. and most people who legally carry a firearm are law abiding citizens.. This "wild west" stigma that people from other countries and even from other states here in the U.S. attach to such a wonderful and, to some, life saving right is simply ridiculous..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Caveeze wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

With all due respect, being allowed to carry a concealed weapon isn't a bad thing.. In this instance, if the guy in the car would have pulled out a gun that he was legally allowed to carry, he would have been in serious trouble with the law.. you are only permitted to use your weapon in extreme instances of life or death.. and most people who legally carry a firearm are law abiding citizens.. This "wild west" stigma that people from other countries and even from other states here in the U.S. attach to such a wonderful and, to some, life saving right is simply ridiculous..

A wonderful right? What is wonderful about it?

What does the average American need a gun for?

Us 20 million Australians are doing pretty well not having our lives "saved" by guns. How many people really have "extreme instances" of life/death caused by another human? Situations where they think "man if I had a gun I would have shot him!" I think it's absolutely unnecessary. I was watching a US tv show recently and all these guys ran out with guns and chased the tv reporter and cameraman into their car. It just looked like a normal suburban street. Fuck....that!

(I'm not trying to be a pain in the arse....I'm trying to understand your point of view)
  • With all the school shootings in the USA I think guns need to be banned.
    Ban guns in the U.S.A? so just the criminals have them? Look, i didn't invent or mass produce guns.. but it happened.. and they are here to stay.. whether a peaceful, law abiding person like myself likes it or not..
    Here in the states, criminals will always have guns.. cheaply and very accessible. It is a problem that is next to impossible to overcome. period. So some of us peaceful, law abiding folks take a great comfort in the fact that some shady motherfucker is going to think twice before he fucks with us.. there is a good chance we have a gun in our home and even a chance we have one on our person when we go out.. It is a wonderful deterrent of crime.

And there are very strict laws about carrying a gun in public.. and the bulk of folks follow these rules..

Where I come from, this is a horrible reality.. and don't trip out, americans as a whole are maybe the nicest, most out-going, most loving group of folks you have ever met.. but there is crime.. and we do have rights to protect ourselves.. and most will.. and god bless us if we need to...
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    With all the school shootings in the USA I think guns need to be banned.
    Not to mention, our government and way of life is based on our constitution.. Our first amendment right grants us freedom of speech (which is huge) .. our second grants us the right to bare arms.. If they take our second, what stops them from taking our first?? I like my constitution just the way it is..
    Thank FUCK I live in Australia. So so so so soooooooo glad my children will grow up either here or NZ.

Thanks for explaining your thoughts, Caveeze....I guess I can see that point of view. I don't know if it's necessarily a "wonderful" right to have a gun....but I can kinda see why you think a gun is necessary.

Now I want to know how many on this forum own a gun. :think:
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Thank FUCK I live in Australia. So so so so soooooooo glad my children will grow up either here or NZ.

Thanks for explaining your thoughts, Caveeze....I guess I can see that point of view. I don't know if it's necessarily a "wonderful" right to have a gun....but I can kinda see why you think a gun is necessary.

I couldn't/wouldn't watch that whole video! That is sick for sure. :(
    Hi Ziggy! We own actually own tons of guns. Mostly collector items, but still. Some are for hunting, which are used once a year. I think there is a whole misunderstanding of gun use/ownership in the US vs countries that don't allow them. Lots here have them for various reasons, some are for hunting, some for protection, some for collecting, but the majority are law abiding citizens that follow all laws and are conscientious about the ownership of them. I think the news gets swayed toward cities with gangs etc., and that doesn't take in to account the whole country, which is huge and still remote in lots of regions. Guns are not bad, they are a tool and like any other tool can be abused. They do serve a good purpose here and will never be outlawed that I can see, at least in the near future. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I own 7.. and it would break my soul if I ever had to use one against a fellow human.. I would just be destroyed, for life.. even if it was in self defense or in defense of my family.. I don't care where you live, or what laws you have, taking a human life would be next to personal death...the worst...
    wolfbear wrote:
    I couldn't/wouldn't watch that whole video! That is sick for sure. :(
    Hi Ziggy! We own actually own tons of guns. Mostly collector items, but still. Some are for hunting, which are used once a year. I think there is a whole misunderstanding of gun use/ownership in the US vs countries that don't allow them. Lots here have them for various reasons, some are for hunting, some for protection, some for collecting, but the majority are law abiding citizens that follow all laws and are conscientious about the ownership of them. I think the news gets swayed toward cities with gangs etc., and that doesn't take in to account the whole country, which is huge and still remote in lots of regions. Guns are not bad, they are a tool and like any other tool can be abused. They do serve a good purpose here and will never be outlawed that I can see, at least in the near future. :)

Hi Wolfbear! :wave:

Collecting I can understand. Hunting or farming I definitely understand.

I know guns aren't bad....but the people that use them "can" be bad. That's what bothers me.
    Caveeze wrote:
    I own 7.. and it would break my soul if I ever had to use one against a fellow human.. I would just be destroyed, for life.. even if it was in self defense or in defense of my family.. I don't care where you live, or what laws you have, taking a human life would be next to personal death...the worst...

You own SEVEN....for protection? :? Or do you hunt/farm/collect?

Do you drive around with them? Walk around with them on your person? If your answer is yes to either of those questions, do you really feel THAT threatened where you live that someone is going to attack you so badly that you may have to defend your life with a gun?

This is interesting.
  • as a little friend of mine says...this is piece of junk and piece of crap
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

What?! You ditching Australia?
    Sheep are more dangerous than guns!
    Sheep with guns are dangerous X 10000000000000!
  • Got a gun, fact I got two....