*Henry's thank you giveaway!* WINNER*

LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Hi folks, the generosity here is crazy! :) as a bit of thank you from my dog, my husband and myself, I would like to giveaway my extra copy of Into the Wild. It's only a reissue but it's a great vinyl and it's near new. All you have to do is tell me about a pet of yours, it can one that you had as a kid or now. Good luck folks and I'll draw this next Monday. :)
IMG_3523-1-1-1.jpg
My dog Henry
958DEF51.jpg
Just thought I would add a pic of the vinyl with Jo, Henry's sister.
“ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
Adelaide 2003
Adelaide 2006 night 1
Adelaide 2006 night 2
Adelaide 2009
Melbourne 2009
Christchurch NZ 2009
Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Speaking of generosity, Lorna ;) Awesome thing to do of you :thumbup:

Please don't count me in, I have this awesome vinyl already :)

This is my kitty Werner. I raised him and spent fun times with him, but when I went to study in Finland I gave him to my parents. They fell so much in love with him that I just couldn't take him back. He's leading a very pleasant life at their place now and with 15 years of age and without balls, he is still a wild tiger, chasing birds on the balcony :lol: He was so focused on me that we went for strolls outside and he used to follow me like a dog. I still love my ginger teddy bear a lot :D

285863_2322069217280_1416081001_32722344_7998376_o.jpg

Good luck to all, and again, best of luck for Henry!
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Awwwww he's lovely Leeze! Very cute! Thanks for posting. ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,702
    Loulou, your little Henry looks is one handsome little gent!

Our store cat, Goldie (a calico) was a stray ally cat. She came poking around the place about 10 years ago and said, "Hey look, if you'll feed me, I'll stick around and be your mouse police", (and we know The Mouse Police Never Sleeps!) Well, we didn't really need those little "presents" left on the door step and thankfully she's gotten old and lazy enough to let go of that nasty habit. She's never quite gotten over being a brat-cat but I've learned to talk her language. I know she loves me because sometimes she'll hold my head with both sets of front claws and grab my scalp with her teeth without breaking the skin. Such affection!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• landolando Posts: 661
    What a great giveaway and the timing seems putting. Our cat Sassy who is almost 19 is going to see the vet this week to be put down. As much as we would love to keep her forever she is deaf, blind and appears to be in a lot of pain. If I win this i'll spin it in her honor, the grumpiest little lion of them all :)
    Edmonton 93, Vancouver 05, Vancouver 09, Edmonton 11, Vancouver 11
  • appieappie Posts: 1,441
    Just amazing what happens here...So glad to see how many people are helping out... :thumbup: :clap:
    The Jamily is a true group of friends who spread humanity and the love for pets is also one of them...Great!

My dog Lupke is an active dog even when she has reach the age of 17 already,She was the dog of my former girlfriend Maaike and after breaking up with eachother she is living with my parants now,cause Maaike is living in an institution cause she has Borderline syndrom and cant have pets and i work around the clock.

She is a wonderfull and happy dog and still playes a lot,she was recently sick,but after a visit to the vet and medication she jumps around the house again...

Maaike is still my best buddie in life after this relation and i am so thankfull for that

We both share our love for Pearl jam and what they stand for and in June we both rock our socks off at the Amsterdam gigs togheter with visitors from the Usa,Australia and New Sealand...That gonna be a great summertime here... :D:D:D:D:D

Thanx for the change to win this awesome black circles..

Lots of love and hugs to cute little Henry...Be well soon my four legged friend...
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • I've had a lot of pets, and as much as I'd like to talk about them all am sure would bore you all to tears.
    When I was born my parents got a couple of part doberman puppies, Bric and Brac. Bric was an amazing dog that would often play babysitter to me and my siblings, but the best story is one my dad tells about how he was driving and heard a dog crying in the back seat, I was very young and sitting between the two dobermans, chewing on Brics' ear. I was obviously hurting her (I was only a toddler if that) but she never growled or snapped, just whimpered. Dobermans are only supposed to live to be about 7 but these two went on to 14, Bric seemed so healthy when her sister died but soon after just shut down, we've always thought that she just gave up/died of a broken heart. Deciding to put her down when I was only 14 was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
    I love reading all these stories guys, lando I'm sorry about your cat. Sounds like she is well loved, if Henry wasn't fit to recover I would have done the same but the vet seems to think he's in well health apart from this problem. Big hugs to you and your family this week.

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • PapPap Posts: 28,785
    Hey dear Lorna! :wave: How are you? Another great giveaway from an awesome lady! :D Many thanks for doing this! :mrgreen: I don't own a pet. I used to have little turtles as pets but unfortunately they died many years ago. Before I was born, my family had canaries. My oldest brother used to have a male cat (Hercules) - lost or dead, we'll never know - a squirrel (dead from a disease a decade ago) and another black male cat (Pumbaa) :) - now stays with his girlfriend parents and he's fat as hell. He can't even chase a bird or a mouse :lol: . Now he and his girlfriend have a female dog called Tonia. She was a stray dog before they took her home. Last year, she gave birth to ten cute puppies all safe and sound. They gave them all away because of space and responsibilities. But, they kept that beautiful brown dog, Tonia. I love her so! :P So, does that count? Can I participate to this beautiful contest? :)

P.S: Good luck to Henry and many cuddles from me! :D
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    have the best cat and fish in the world. Cat is a dumpster cat we rescued 5 years ago, all black, loves to be around people and sit on laps. My fish is a 6 year old gold fish in a 40 gal tank. Looks very strange, but likes to be a only fish (I also don't want to mess up the water, he's 6 years old and going strong).

about to apopt a dog, went and visited one for a hour over the weekend, it's a lab/shepard resucue from a high kill shelter. here is a link to his picture, his name (on petfinder) is teddy http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21909555

Thanks for the chance, would love to own this.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I have the most wonderful dog in the world. Her name is Molly and she is clever, funny, loving - well just fantastic at everything!

Here she is with my hubby;

DSCF0099.jpg
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    you are so very generous
    always thinking of others
    even in your time of need
    don't count me in
    i don't need it...although it would be nice
    there are others who have less
    just wishing you all the best
    and a quick recovery to Henry

My Hankie (short for Henry by the way :D)
    lives on in my heart forever and ever

14649_1279684796501_1361466719_777513_2231117_n.jpg
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • We have two little kittens. They are best friends and brothers. Oliver and Eliot. Not even 2 years old. They killed a mouse last week.

Thanks for the chance!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Pap wrote:
    Can I participate to this beautiful contest? :)

P.S: Good luck to Henry and many cuddles from me! :D
    Of course you can Pap! :)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Cat is a dumpster cat.
    Aww my black cat Mr. Thompson is a stray too! He is naughty and I'm pretty sure he wants me dead but I love him to bits. :lol:
    Oliver and Eliot.
    Very cute names! :)

And Jo! Hankie is beautiful!! Ridgeback? Claire, Molly is adorable!!! :)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I have quite the story to tell, so I'll be back when I get home from work. :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I have quite the story to tell, so I'll be back when I get home from work. :)
    Awesome! Look forward to hearing it! :)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Alrighty Lorna...I will tell you about my kitty Trouble.

When I worked at the clinic, a construction worker brought in a box of 3 kittens, said they hadn't seen the mother for 3-4 days, and was worried about them. They hadn't opened their eyes yet (so younger than 10 days). One girl took in all 3 of the kittens, and when I came back from vacation, I volunteered to help her out and took one in. By the time I took in one of the kittens, they had opened their lovely blue eyes. I was committed...feeding time is every 2 hours 24/7.

He was the runt, and not expected to make it. Kept climbing out of the box and wandering away from his brother and sister. He could hardly walk properly because his belly was so full of worms-we had to wait until they were 6 weeks old to de-worm. Finally he made it to 7 weeks, and the vet said he would make it. :)

My original intention was to place him in a home when he was 8 weeks old...well, when you wake up in the middle of the night, feed the little guy, he looks up at you with those big round eyes, so excited to be fed...I just couldn't give him away.

When he was 10 months old, he wandered away from home...having too much fun in the sun. He lost his way home...I put up posters, checked the shelters for a month. He was gone...I was sad. The day I finally accepted that he wasn't ever going to come home, guess who was sitting at the front door? Trouble.

He's still with me today, fat (20 some pounds) and happy. He doesn't wander too far from the house now. Also thinks he's a dog, following me all over the house, and if he's napping somewhere and I call his name...he comes running (ok, he can't run fast so he waddles).

(BTW-last I heard, his brother and sister are bigger than him...so he's still 'the runt' :lol: )
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Alrighty Lorna...I will tell you about my kitty Trouble.

When I worked at the clinic, a construction worker brought in a box of 3 kittens, said they hadn't seen the mother for 3-4 days, and was worried about them. They hadn't opened their eyes yet (so younger than 10 days). One girl took in all 3 of the kittens, and when I came back from vacation, I volunteered to help her out and took one in. By the time I took in one of the kittens, they had opened their lovely blue eyes. I was committed...feeding time is every 2 hours 24/7.

He was the runt, and not expected to make it. Kept climbing out of the box and wandering away from his brother and sister. He could hardly walk properly because his belly was so full of worms-we had to wait until they were 6 weeks old to de-worm. Finally he made it to 7 weeks, and the vet said he would make it. :)

My original intention was to place him in a home when he was 8 weeks old...well, when you wake up in the middle of the night, feed the little guy, he looks up at you with those big round eyes, so excited to be fed...I just couldn't give him away.

When he was 10 months old, he wandered away from home...having too much fun in the sun. He lost his way home...I put up posters, checked the shelters for a month. He was gone...I was sad. The day I finally accepted that he wasn't ever going to come home, guess who was sitting at the front door? Trouble.

He's still with me today, fat (20 some pounds) and happy. He doesn't wander too far from the house now. Also thinks he's a dog, following me all over the house, and if he's napping somewhere and I call his name...he comes running (ok, he can't run fast so he waddles).

(BTW-last I heard, his brother and sister are bigger than him...so he's still 'the runt' :lol: )
    Ha! I love that story! :lol: so similar to mine with my cat. 3 left in the vet after a man brought a whole bunch in and I was the sucker that agreed to take the last one home to 'keep him company until he found a home'. 4 years later! :lol:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    This is Jedi:

Newcard010-1.jpg

She's a wonderful companion. Her favorite gift (Christmas, birthday, or whatever) is a brand new sheet of tissue paper. She keeps me company while I read, but does sometimes get jealous when I spend a little too much time on a certain board.

Jedi enjoys naps in the sunshine, watching nature from the window, dancing, and stepping on anything that crinkles.
  • Thanks, Henry, but I already own ITW! Great giveaway bump and a brag for my girl Bailey:

6792660523_1b5796aa50.jpg
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    I am pulling for your Henry...& I'm sorry i didn't know about this sooner, would love to help if still needed!!
    Please don't hesitate to ask.

There once was a puppy named Morgan.
    He is a pure-bred Chinese Crested Powder Puff & a woman bought him to breed him with her three female Chinese Crested dogs. This woman also had several cats & five teenage boys. One day, my friends son, Josh, was at this "womans'" house with another friend & saw this poor pitiful creature, dirty, skin & bones, ungroomed & full of knots & with blackened eyes from tear duct leakage, locked in a cage, shivering from fright & cold, terrified...no blanket, no food, no water, no love. Josh was mortified & asked the "woman" about this puppy. Morgan was 8 months old. The "woman" said he was a pain in the ass, she couldn't do anything with it & if Josh wanted him, take "it", but he couldn't have Morgans' papers because she didn't want Josh to sell "it". Josh took the pup & skedaddled. Morgan ended up at our house, where he is to this day. His new name is Cheech, aka Yum-Yum...he has his own everything, rides in a bike basket on the front of my husbands' bike, lounges on his pillow in the motorized canoe we have, loves to go camping, can do about 12 tricks & shows us his love & devotion every day. I hope he remembers nothing of his first 8 months. His picture is on Jeff Aments Army "Pilate" video...he's the Happy Dog! Thanks for letting me share. Prayers for Henry.
    I am pulling for your Henry...& I'm sorry i didn't know about this sooner, would love to help if still needed!!
    Please don't hesitate to ask.

There once was a puppy named Morgan.
    He is a pure-bred Chinese Crested Powder Puff & a woman bought him to breed him with her three female Chinese Crested dogs. This woman also had several cats & five teenage boys. One day, my friends son, Josh, was at this "womans'" house with another friend & saw this poor pitiful creature, dirty, skin & bones, ungroomed & full of knots & with blackened eyes from tear duct leakage, locked in a cage, shivering from fright & cold, terrified...no blanket, no food, no water, no love. Josh was mortified & asked the "woman" about this puppy. Morgan was 8 months old. The "woman" said he was a pain in the ass, she couldn't do anything with it & if Josh wanted him, take "it", but he couldn't have Morgans' papers because she didn't want Josh to sell "it". Josh took the pup & skedaddled. Morgan ended up at our house, where he is to this day. His new name is Cheech, aka Yum-Yum...he has his own everything, rides in a bike basket on the front of my husbands' bike, lounges on his pillow in the motorized canoe we have, loves to go camping, can do about 12 tricks & shows us his love & devotion every day. I hope he remembers nothing of his first 8 months. His picture is on Jeff Aments Army "Pilate" video...he's the Happy Dog! Thanks for letting me share. Prayers for Henry.
    I Saw him!!! He's so cute! :) Lovely of you to offer but it's okay, the money already sent has been help enough. Your well wishes are great. ;)

Don't even get me started on Bailey! What a cutie!
    And Jedi is possibly one of the best cat names I have ever heard. :D
    Good luck guys! :)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • In 2003 my older sister and her husband moved from Joplin ( where we'd all shared a trailer house) and took with her, her Charlie cat, leaving me kitty-less. I was devestated..UNTIL.. My adopted sisters rescued seven kittens from their step-dad who'd thrown them into the chicken coop to "take care" of the "problems". They were all battered and wounded, but alive..My roomate and I nursed all of them back to health and gave 5 away when they were all well. Tanya fell in love with a little female cow-spotted black and white kitten and I fell in love with a little tiger-stripe and white male that I'd nicknamed Tommy The Cat after the song by Primus. When she begged to keep her kitten, she'd named her Baby, I decided my cat was gonna stay too.. So I kept him. When he was four we moved to Kansas City, wolf-dogs (whom have both since passed away) and all, and the kitty got Distemper and Herpes even after having been vaccinated for them... he's truely one in a million!! He comes to me when I whistle, sits and lays down on command, and sings for his food at night..He is my big old Distemper-fried kitty and I love him VERY VERY; much he will be ten years old this year.. and it amazes me that he has never run away ( like cats so often do). Anyhow thanks for the chance..
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i have a cocker spaniel named Tess, i got her when she was 2 months old and raised her by myself(i was only 13 at the time so it was kind of a big deal for me)

she's 12 years old now and i'm afraid she doesn't have a lot of time left.... she's gone completely deaf and she can barely make it up and down the stairs without falling.

my mother has been taking care of her while i've been in the navy and before she lost her hearing my mom would say to her "Billy's coming home" when i was on my way home from the airport and she would get super excited jumping up and down. then she would go to the front door and lay in front of it until i got home. and when i get home, i sit on the floor and she jumps in my lap licks me relentlessly and won't get off my lap :lol:
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    Don't count me in the giveaway, just wondering how Henry is doing. Is he feeling better?
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
    iamica wrote:
    Don't count me in the giveaway, just wondering how Henry is doing. Is he feeling better?
    Hi there, the vet hasn't called me yet so I'm sitting here with my fingers crossed. ;) its about 1:30pm here and I know at my old work surgery wasn't finished some days til about 3-4. This place is actually a specialist too so I guess it might work differently? I did ring this morning however and they told me that he was quietly watching the nurses work and he scoffed down his breakfast yesterday. :) promise I'll let you know as soon as I hear something though. Thanks for asking. :)

Conman! That's sad! But very sweet too. She sounds lovely!

And whispering hands, Tommy the Cat is one of my favourite Primus songs! :thumbup: very cool name. :)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    I grew up in an animal-loving family, so I've always had a few furry friends by my side :)
    Currently, I have 2 kitties that I adopted from the shelter nearly 8 years ago...(Hello my name is) Jonas is my avatar (and the official mascot for the PJ20 Mustache Movement ;) ) and Dirty Frank Black who is (surprise) all black. They aren't technically brothers, but they were cage buddies and they've been together since they were babies so they're brothers :D They're inseparable..really..they even "insist" on being in the same carrier when I take them to the vet's. Now, this was kind of cute when they were babies..if you put them in separate carriers, they would cry (even Frank, who only "talks" when he's playing with a toy) until you put them in the same one, and then they would calm down. Well, 8 years later and a combined weight of over 35 pounds and me trying to carry them in and out of the car in one carrier..well let's just say it's quite a sight :lol: but I wouldn't have it any other way :D
    Animals provide us with an unconditional love like no other..some people don't understand, but for animal lovers, like many of us..it makes perfect sense :D

Thinking about you & Henry..I hope you get some good news soon!
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    drunkcat.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    81 wrote:
    drunkcat.jpg
    :lol:
    conman wrote:
    81 wrote:
    drunkcat.jpg
    :lol:
    :lol: :thumbup:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2