Options

*4/13 Phoenix Get Better Eddie Vedder AZ Camp Sunrise Party*

Comments

• Options
    derbydave wrote:
    pjtaper wrote:
    it's fan art, a free print for those in Phoenix going to see Ed... denver artist Houser and myself spent $400+ on paper, ink, at least 20 hours of our time printing these. they are signed, numbered, and aren't allowed to be SOLD at the pre party... so get there and grab one for free, leave a donation if you want to be nice :)
    That's AWESOME!!!

You guys deserve a big THANKS for this!!

Hope I can make it down from Vegas in time to pick one of these up!!! :ugeek:

I agree . . . very cool! I'll be looking to pick up one of these as well! :D Thanks bunches!
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    edited April 2012
    censored, not by choice... sorry http://www.azcampsunrise.org/
    Post edited by pjtaper on
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    edited April 2012
    I've received a few donations and many pledged donations so far. I haven't updated them on the OP yet, but will do it soon. Thanks to everyone for helping. The kids that benefit from Camp Sunrise are really the bravest people you could ever meet. Visit the website (http://www.azcampsunrise.org) if you haven't already.

I hope to see a few of you at the Dubliner (SW corner of 40th St and Thunderbird) this evening. I'll be the one with the yellow striped shirt and PJ cap near the dart games.
    Post edited by NAUjackfan on
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    So on Pollstar it says Face to Face is playing an acoustic show at The Crescent on 4/13. So maybe we'll get to hear soundcheck for theses guys.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    So on Pollstar it says Face to Face is playing an acoustic show at The Crescent on 4/13. So maybe we'll get to hear soundcheck for theses guys.

They're doing their soundcheck early to accommodate us. If you're not going to the EV show, Face to Face sounds like a good alternative for a $20 ticket.

What's going to happen that night is:
      volunteers will be there at 1 or 2PM to help setup Pre-Party starts at 3PM Everyone eats, drinks, and buys until 7:30 Raffle drawn from 6:45-ish to 7:15-ish Party moves to the lounge @ 7:30 or heads over to the show Post party at the Crescent Ballroom lounge after the show

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    Little update.... I have NOTHING to do with this event, I will not be raising any money for Camp Sunshine, although I really wanted to, and spent a TON OF TIME AND MONEY trying to do so...

I am deeply saddened by how my FRIENDS have betrayed me.
    and that's all I have to say about that, for now :twisted:
  • Options
    mrerocmreroc Posts: 78
    "You able to come tot he happy hour tomorrow?"
    NAU, sorry I was out of town for the weekend. I will unfortunately not be going the show either...I have a personal boycott against this show. Should be nice and chill though. Enjoy! I have a friend who works at Camp Sunrise so hopefully the preparty goes well! Great you guys are doing this.

"Thanks for the offer...I'll take you up on the weekend destinations pointers :D
    I'm getting a rental car & driving down to Phoenix after the Vegas shows and planning on hitting
    Sedona & The Grand Canyon on Saturday on my way back to Vegas.
    Any MUST SEE places in Sedona would be helpful!! :ugeek:"

I'm assuming you don't mind crowds if you're hitting GC, so this trail would be good: http://hikearizona.com/decoder.php?ZTN=86. Parson's Trail. Follows Sycamore Creek, can't get lost, but you'll see a person or 2. It is a bit outside classic Sedona. If you do this one you could head up to Jerome instead for dinner and sleep up there. Cool little place. If the temps go up that weekend hit Wet Beaver Creek. It is right on your way to Sedona when you get off I-17. 3 mile hike, not difficult and populated, to a real nice swimming hole in the desert. Nice touch to the day. http://hikearizona.com/decoder.php?ZTN=7. If you're more of the off trail type than skip Sedona and take US 93 to Vegas and I'll tell you an awesome spot to pull off the road. Sweet, smaller canyon with hot spring, explorable mine shafts, perennial creek, swimming holes, animals, and zero people. PM me on that.

Lastly, think about the Verde Canyon Railroad (google it) if you don't like hiking. 4 hours train ride along the Verde Canyon. It is worth the extra cash for seat in the main cabin with couches and bar. Could hit Sedona or Jerome after that. Also, plenty of great forest roads to peter around on. A few less visited, but Forest Service run, pueblos to see on those outside Sedona. Could also take I-17 past the Sedona Exit at exit on Schnebly Hill road for a nice scenic road. Passenger vehicle may scrape a time or two, but if it's a rental you're good.

There's a ton more. If there's specific things you're looking for let me know. Oh, if you're set on Grand Canyon it's worth to cut off the main trails onto Tonto and cross over to another main trail. Much more peaceful on that. Hermit Trail will have a few less peeps than BA and Kaibab too. This is a nice alternative too: http://hikearizona.com/decoder.php?ZTN=655

Have fun at the fundraiser and show!!!
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    Verde Canyon Rail Tour is awesome, I've done it several times with family from out of town. You see bald eagles, go through crazy tunnels and the train goes right on the edge of the canyons. The first class car is worth the extra cash and there's food/booze on it. Jerome is only a couple of miles away, worth a couple of hours having lunch and seeing all the shops.

See you all at the pre-party, I'm going to try to get there before 4 but I live so damn far north I might have to start heading down now ;)
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    bump
  • Options
    Here's a little hotel help for you out-of-towners...

Here's a map link with hotels near the venue and pre-party http://g.co/maps/6hgz4.

Comerica Theater (EV concert) is on 4th Ave and Washington and Crescent Ballroom (pre-party) is on 3rd Ave just North of Van Buren. Any of the hotels between 3rd St and Central that you see in that area would be OK. I would not recommend anything West of the venue, though. Further West and you run into the hotels that either charge by week or by hour :oops: .

Street parking in downtown Phoenix is metered until 5PM. Most meters still say 8PM, but it was recently changed and the new stickers haven't been rolled out yet. There are a bunch of parking lots that charge by the day (self serve kind of lots) nearby. With no Suns or Diamondbacks games at home that night, parking should be abundant in all but the spaces closest to Comerica.

Please let me know if you have any last minute donations for the raffle. Please also bring as many people (with $ to spend) as you can, even if they're not going to the EV show. Together, we can help make a big difference for Arizona Camp Sunrise!

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    DCtoAZ81DCtoAZ81 Posts: 11
    Sorry I'm still a newbie at posting here .. but I live in Scottsdale and have been a ten clubber since NO CODE days but let my damn membership expire .. luckily I got it back in check around 05' ? .. anyways since I've lived in the PHX area PJ has never been here. I've been a die hard fan since 91 and have seen them a bunch and love everything about what PJ stands for. My wife on the other hand, has "interesting" taste in music. I'm slowly getting her in tune with what's real music, "Just Breathe" was actually our wedding song so she's coming around. However I've got the ten club seats for the E.V. PHX throw down and want to introduce her to the Jamily Experience. I'm down for the pre-party & fundraiser if tix are still available and might even be able to help volunteer. Do we know what time the show officially starts ? I saw Chris Cornell there less than a year ago and it was 10 out of 10. Great venue.

That was a bit of ramble .. it is what it is i'm f**king pumped
  • Options
    DCtoAZ81- No ticket needed to the pre-party/fund-raiser, It's free! Just bring some $ for raffle tickets, Wishlist goods, food, and drink. Also, invite others to come and support the cause. I just heard from a guy in Scottsdale who is coming with a group of 10 to the pre-party :o

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    HAPPY HOUR THIS FRIDAY!!!!
    Bring your donations and/or just show up for some EV/PJ bonding.

Friday, April 6 5:30-7:30PM at the Dubliner 3841 East Thunderbird Road, Phoenix, AZ 85032
    http://g.co/maps/w43c7
    Located SW corner 40th Street & Thunderbird, PHONE: (602) 867-0984
    I'll be there at 5:30 near the dart games. Feel free to start before I get there!

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    Met with Michelle from the Crescent last night. Here's a teaser of what they'll be offering...
      $10 burrito special - Your Choice of burrito (meal size and extremely good!) and either a PBR, Vodka/Tonic, Mexican Coke, or Mexican Sprite Vedder Vino McCready Mexican Sodas (in honor of his sobriety)
    other themed drink specials to come....

Happy hour Friday (tomorrow) at the Dubliner (SW corner of 40th St and Thunderbird). Come by to hang out and/or drop off donations.

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    DCtoAZ81 wrote:
    Do we know what time the show officially starts ? I saw Chris Cornell there less than a year ago and it was 10 out of 10. Great venue.

That was a bit of ramble .. it is what it is i'm f**king pumped

My ticket says 7:30.

Nice work turning the wifey around. I didn't have the energy to bother with my sig other so I'm leaving my husband at home :lol:
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options
    Pre-party is still on. We will just stay at the Crescent longer than we hoped.

Also, I'm reserving the Crescent Ballroom for the Nov 4 rescheduled date.

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    toro1998toro1998 Posts: 91
    I'll still be there on the 13th. Will there still be a raffle or will the donated items be held until Nov?

Anybody know anything about the band playing there that night...Face to Face?

Thanks
    07-08-1998 Phoenix
    10-21-2000 Phoenix
    09-04-2011 East Troy 2
    11-04-2012 Phoenix (EV)
    07-19-2013 Wrigley Field
    11-19-2013 Phoenix
  • Options
    toro1998 wrote:
    I'll still be there on the 13th. Will there still be a raffle or will the donated items be held until Nov?

Anybody know anything about the band playing there that night...Face to Face?

Thanks

Punk band doing an acoustic show
    http://facetofacemusic.com/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face_to_Fa ... nk_band%29

I don't know what will happen with the items already sent. I'm meeting with the Camp Sunrise director tomorrow to figure out what is best. I also don't know if the Wishlist merch was sent yet. If so, we will still sell it at the pre-party.

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    It's now a "Get Well Eddie" party at the Crescent Ballroom on Friday the 13th. Hope to see many of you there. Drink and food specials and fund-raising for AZ Camp Sunrise.

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    Happy hour today at the Dubiner (SW corner of 40th St and Thunderbird).
    Agenda:
      Tears in beers for postponement Discuss pre-party (that's now just a party) Watch D-Backs beat the Giants Play darts

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    I still can't believe this got postponed, after all that crap :(

Hope you guys have a blast at the party!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    i know u guys feeling sad,bad of all this happened,i hope atleast u have great time at the party..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Have a freaking great time. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    patrick, did you donate any chips and dip for this party? :D
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:

I wasn't sure if I could so nope. ;)
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:

I wasn't sure if I could so nope. ;)

We'll take chips and dip! :lol:

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    Coming up this Friday. Crescent Ballroom is still going all out for us. I hope to meet a lot of you there. It'll be like a trial run for a huge party in November!

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    Two days to go bump...can't wait! :D

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    NAUjackfan wrote:

Oh man, chips and dip... good thing you don't have to depend on Ben Harper for sharing... he TOTALLY denied Patrick after Ed's LA solo show... it was classic. Autographs, yes, chips and dip, get your own.
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    NAUjackfan wrote:

Oh man, chips and dip... good thing you don't have to depend on Ben Harper for sharing... he TOTALLY denied Patrick after Ed's LA solo show... it was classic. Autographs, yes, chips and dip, get your own.

Ben Harper...Talented, Good Looking, Not Good at Sharing with Others :lol:

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16