Options

*4/13 Phoenix Get Better Eddie Vedder AZ Camp Sunrise Party*

Comments

• Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    jbwolves87 wrote:
    I have 2 tickets in Sec 205 row 7 to Eds Phoenix show. I Paid $189 through live nation. Let me know. thanks

Bumping this up so someone can hop on these tix.
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    sshleefsshleef Posts: 12
    Oh man! I wish I knew this existed! I'm so bummed I missed the first happy hour. I would love to make it to the second and meet some of the local PJ Fans!

P.S. I AM COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS!!
    P.S.S. Sorry for all the exclamation marks. These tend to occur without my control when I'm around the corner from a show.
    P.S.S.S ! <--- see.
    I love facts. All kinds of facts.
  • Options
    Next happy hour is on Monday, March 26 at the Crescent Ballroom from 5-7PM. Who's coming?

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    Next happy hour is on Monday, March 26 at the Crescent Ballroom from 5-7PM. Who's coming?

Next week is my last week at work in Pittsburgh. I'll be coming back to Phoenix after that. Sorry to miss another party :( but will see you real soon!
  • Options
    jbwolves87 wrote:
    I have 2 tickets in Sec 205 row 7 to Eds Phoenix show. I Paid $189 through live nation. Let me know. thanks

I just forwarded this to friends who may be interested. Let me know if they've already sold.

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    I still have these tickets, thanks for the help
    go blue
  • Options
    Who's in for a EV/PJ happy hour next Monday? If you have raffle donations, bring them! It'll be at the Crescent Ballroom (2nd Ave just north of Van Buren in downtown Phoenix) from 5-7PM.

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    Bump so more can see the happy hour info (Monday 5-7PM @ Crescent Ballroom).

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I'm PUMPED!! :D
  • Options
    DM44143DM44143 Posts: 73
    Hello,

I am thinking of making the trek from Minneapolis for the show as it's great to see Ed play and I haven't been to Phoenix before. From what I have read downtown isn't that great to stay for a few days. I am thinking of price-lining a room in Tempe so closer to Mill Street.

The only issue would be getting to the show (I would hit the pre-party for some drinks and don't wanna drive that night). Would I be able to hit the light rail from Tempe to the show?

Thanks
  • Options
    AnotherTourPleaseAnotherTourPlease Posts: 486
    edited March 2012
    DM44143 wrote:
    Hello,

I am thinking of making the trek from Minneapolis for the show as it's great to see Ed play and I haven't been to Phoenix before. From what I have read downtown isn't that great to stay for a few days. I am thinking of price-lining a room in Tempe so closer to Mill Street.

The only issue would be getting to the show (I would hit the pre-party for some drinks and don't wanna drive that night). Would I be able to hit the light rail from Tempe to the show?

Thanks

Yippee, another Ten Clubber at the Phoenix show! Yep, light rail runs from downtown Tempe to downtown Phoenix. Not sure what hotel you're looking at, but there's a light rail stop right next to the Tempe Mission Palms hotel on Mill Ave. See you at the pre-party? :D
    Post edited by AnotherTourPlease on
  • Options
    Tempe Mission Palms is very nice and right next to the light rail/college campus bar district. Not sure how late it runs though.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    DM44143 wrote:
    Hello,

Thanks

Yippee, another Ten Clubber at the Phoenix show! Yep, light rail runs from downtown Tempe to downtown Phoenix. Not sure what hotel you're looking at, but there's a light rail stop right next to the Tempe Mission Palms hotel on Mill Ave. See you at the pre-party? :D

Thanks. If I make it to Phoenix I am 100% sure I will be at the pre-party.
  • Options
    Bump . . .

Anybody coming to Crescent Ballroom today?
    Pre-Pre-Parties: We'll collect donation items, finalize plans, talk PJ and EV. The Crescent Lounge has set up a special happy hour for only us. 25% off food, $3 Kilt Lifter drafts, $6 Honey Badgers

March 26 @ Crescent Ballroom Lounge from 5-7
  • Options
    Booked flight today for Phoenix. Count me in for the pre-party.
  • Options
    dalesterazdalesteraz Phoenix, AZ Posts: 13
    :( Went to today's preparty....just found out, got there about 6:30, No-one.......Bar-tender said one lady EV fan had just left........
    I changed by not changing at all!
  • Options
    dalesterazdalesteraz Phoenix, AZ Posts: 13
    My generous friend Bill Gates was with me had a couple beers and left....
    I changed by not changing at all!
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Can someone give me some advice on parking near the Phoenix venue??

I saw that Live Nation sells $10 parking passes to this lot:
    The Munsters Comerica Theatre - Adams Street Parking Lot

Is this a pretty good deal...or is there plenty of parking available in this area?
    Not sure what the situation will be since it's a Friday evening show.
    If there's some place that's halfway between the Pre-Party and the venue that would be GREAT!!!
    I'd love to just park my rental car and walk to both events without having to move it to go to the show.
    Thanks for any assistance or suggestions!! :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Happy Hour Tomorrow!
    Pre-Pre-Party: We'll collect donation items, finalize plans, talk PJ and EV.
    Friday, March 30 5:30-7:00PM at the Dubliner 3841 East Thunderbird Road, Phoenix, AZ 85032
    Located SW corner 40th Street & Thunderbird, PHONE: (602) 867-0984
    I'll be there at 5:30 near the dart games. Feel free to start before I get there!

http://dublinerpub.com/index.html

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    derbydave wrote:

Is this a pretty good deal...or is there plenty of parking available in this area?
    If there's some place that's halfway between the Pre-Party and the venue that would be GREAT!!!
    I'd love to just park my rental car and walk to both events without having to move it to go to the show.

Parking is free on the street meters after 5PM. If you're there for the pre-party, it shouldn't be tough to get a good spot.

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    derbydave wrote:

Parking is free on the street meters after 5PM. If you're there for the pre-party, it shouldn't be tough to get a good spot.

Thanks Marc!!!
    I appreciate the info...I'm definitely gonna make it to the Pre-party :ugeek:
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    mrerocmreroc Posts: 78
    Street parking right at Dodge fills, but don't be discouraged. Just drive a little north into a neighborhood and you'll find parking. East will take you into downtown and parking there. There is plenty of free parking in the area if you're willing to walk just a few blocks; if you'll walk a mile it's a guarantee. Phx is an easy city to park in. I live a couple blocks from the venue; if anyone has any questions about downtown just let me know. If you're coming in from out of town for the weekend I can give you great hikes or weekend destinations as well.
  • Options
    mrerocmreroc Posts: 78
    Sorry, for clarification in case anyone is out of town, Dodge changed to Comerica.
  • Options
    mreroc wrote:
    Sorry, for clarification in case anyone is out of town, Dodge changed to Comerica.

You able to come tot he happy hour tomorrow?

Friday, March 30 5:30-7:00PM at the Dubliner 3841 East Thunderbird Road, Phoenix, AZ 85032
    I'll be there at 5:30 near the dart games. Feel free to start before I get there!

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    mreroc wrote:
    Street parking right at Dodge fills, but don't be discouraged. Just drive a little north into a neighborhood and you'll find parking. East will take you into downtown and parking there. There is plenty of free parking in the area if you're willing to walk just a few blocks; if you'll walk a mile it's a guarantee. Phx is an easy city to park in. I live a couple blocks from the venue; if anyone has any questions about downtown just let me know. If you're coming in from out of town for the weekend I can give you great hikes or weekend destinations as well.
    Thanks for the offer...I'll take you up on the weekend destinations pointers :D
    I'm getting a rental car & driving down to Phoenix after the Vegas shows and planning on hitting
    Sedona & The Grand Canyon on Saturday on my way back to Vegas.
    Any MUST SEE places in Sedona would be helpful!! :ugeek:

• Options
    lastchild11lastchild11 Posts: 1,283
    edited March 2012
    Post edited by lastchild11 on
    Dallas TX 10/17/00
    Oklahoma City 4/3/03
    Dallas TX 6/9/03
    Memphis TN 6/20/09 (Eddie)
    Kansas City MO 4/3/10
    Little Rock AR 8/28/10 (Eddie, WM3 rally)
    St Louis MO 7/1/11 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/18/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/19/12 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/13
    Oklahoma City 11/16/13
    Tulsa OK 10/8/14
    St Louis MO 9/18/22
    Oklahoma City 9/20/22
    Ft Worth TX 9/13/23
    Ft Worth TX 9/15/23

• Options
    Who's coming to Happy Hour today? I'll be there at 5:30 near the dart games. Feel free to start before I get there!

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    edited April 2012
    had to edit, not by choice.

Little update.... I have NOTHING to do with this event, I will not be raising any money for Camp Sunshine, although I really wanted to, and spent a TON OF TIME AND MONEY trying to do so...

I am deeply saddened by how my FRIENDS have betrayed me.
    and that's all I have to say about that, for now :twisted:
    Post edited by pjtaper on
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    it's fan art, a free print for those in Phoenix going to see Ed... denver artist Houser and myself spent $400+ on paper, ink, at least 20 hours of our time printing these. they are signed, numbered, and aren't allowed to be SOLD at the pre party... so get there and grab one for free, leave a donation if you want to be nice :)
    That's AWESOME!!!

You guys deserve a big THANKS for this!!

Hope I can make it down from Vegas in time to pick one of these up!!! :ugeek:

• Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    derbydave wrote:
    pjtaper wrote:
    it's fan art, a free print for those in Phoenix going to see Ed... denver artist Houser and myself spent $400+ on paper, ink, at least 20 hours of our time printing these. they are signed, numbered, and aren't allowed to be SOLD at the pre party... so get there and grab one for free, leave a donation if you want to be nice :)
    That's AWESOME!!!

You guys deserve a big THANKS for this!!

Hope I can make it down from Vegas in time to pick one of these up!!! :ugeek:
    That was the response I was hoping for, a THANK YOU, nothing more...

THANK YOU!!!!!!