The National Football League

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,744
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 30,030
    Wobbie said:
    Why is that even a news article? I doubt anybody else even cares.

That's pretty much how I felt after wasting 5 min of my day reading it.
    You’re a slow reader :l:lol:

as a former firefighter, that guy always annoyed me. FDNY is a backwards and inbred FD, yet they are celebrated.
    Article didn't say and I don't really care to look it up, but is he an actual firefighter or is this just some shtick that he came up with?
    probably a retired PIO. :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,478
    Sometimes I'm highly surprised at what blew up a thread.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Wobbie said:

as a former firefighter, that guy always annoyed me. FDNY is a backwards and inbred FD, yet they are celebrated.
    Article didn't say and I don't really care to look it up, but is he an actual firefighter or is this just some shtick that he came up with?
    Actual firefighter. Retired on “disability” due to an “injury.” Are you picking up on my sarcasm? Kind of a go to for FDNY.

p.s. I’m sure there are fine men and women on the FDNY but the culture has long been fucked up.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    WTF? now, the browns want to move? I guess stadiums are now obsolete in 25 years.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    Clearly The Visor is going to be the 2nd coach this season fired after an embarrassment in London. Only question is do they do it today and make him book his own passage home while they stay in the UK, or do they let him lose to the woeful Patriots next Sunday before dropping the hammer.
    kirby smart might be the only coach worth a fuck who has worn a visor.
    visor on visor crime tonight. you’re indoors….there’s no sun….why not wear a bandana? :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,506
    Wobbie said:
    WTF? now, the browns want to move? I guess stadiums are now obsolete in 25 years.
    Stadium seems fine to me,  but it's in a bad location,  pinned against the lake on I-90. Where they are looking is where the famous Ford  351C was built.  That plant closed a long time ago but the property is huge and sits right where 71, 480 and the Ohio Turnpike come together.  10 minutes from where I grew up.  Would have been great to see games that close. 
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,148
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

Actual firefighter. Retired on “disability” due to an “injury.” Are you picking up on my sarcasm? Kind of a go to for FDNY.

p.s. I’m sure there are fine men and women on the FDNY but the culture has long been fucked up.
    Gotcha. Thanks
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,228
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Stadium seems fine to me,  but it's in a bad location,  pinned against the lake on I-90. Where they are looking is where the famous Ford  351C was built.  That plant closed a long time ago but the property is huge and sits right where 71, 480 and the Ohio Turnpike come together.  10 minutes from where I grew up.  Would have been great to see games that close. 
    I can only imagine what a nightmare the flats must be on game day. 
    My sister's in Colorado. If they go to a Broncos game they use light rail or park & ride. Do they have that in Cleveland?

Also sounds like they want a dome. Guess all football will be indoors eventually. BOO
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,701
    edited October 18
    My sister's in Colorado. If they go to a Broncos game they use light rail or park & ride. Do they have that in Cleveland?

Also sounds like they want a dome. Guess all football will be indoors eventually. BOO
    Buffalo's new stadium going up is open-air.

It is semi-enclosed with a canopy that covers like 70% of the seats, and much of the problematic wind will be blocked being 360-degree enclosed.  Still essentially outside though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfTxOKmCL38
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    The Flats are a mile away so that is a little bit of the problem.  But mostly because Haslam can't monetize those bars.  There are no bars next to the stadium, so the muni-lot is just a shit show of drunken madness.  What Haslam really wants to do is what Leonis was trying to do in Alexandria with the Wizards and Capitals.  He wants to build the stadium and then bars and restaurants on his property.  And that Ford plant area is plenty big.  It's fucking huge.  So it would be a huge economic boom for him personally.  But also for Brook Park/Berea area which is pretty run down because the plant closed.  While I don't love taking money out of the city, the city is part of the county.  It would be good in the long run I think.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    The Flats are a mile away so that is a little bit of the problem.  But mostly because Haslam can't monetize those bars.  There are no bars next to the stadium, so the muni-lot is just a shit show of drunken madness.  What Haslam really wants to do is what Leonis was trying to do in Alexandria with the Wizards and Capitals.  He wants to build the stadium and then bars and restaurants on his property.  And that Ford plant area is plenty big.  It's fucking huge.  So it would be a huge economic boom for him personally.  But also for Brook Park/Berea area which is pretty run down because the plant closed.  While I don't love taking money out of the city, the city is part of the county.  It would be good in the long run I think.  
    Ah... I thought the area of the stadium was also considered the flats. 

I get it... Kraft has Patriot Place and it's pretty f'ing impressive... now all he needs is a winning football team which I don't see happening anytime soon. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

I get it... Kraft has Patriot Place and it's pretty f'ing impressive... now all he needs is a winning football team which I don't see happening anytime soon. 
    The winning starts in London over breakfast this Sunday.
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

I won't be holding my breath.
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

Jags are in disarray. This is one of the winnable games for the Pats.
    That is remarkable confidence in an extremely mediocre team, but I guess when you have 25 years of barely interrupted duck boat parades you can be that way.

Have you watched Jacksonville this season?
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

So was Miami two weeks ago. 

Maye showed some promise last week, but I have zero faith in this coaching staff. 
    Poncier said:
    It's sort of inexplicable what happened to them.  
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    It's sort of inexplicable what happened to them.  
    visor curse.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,195
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

gotta recoup that watson money somehow, seeing how stellar THAT turned out.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,497
    Purdy
    WHAT THE FUCK???

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • TD51045TD51045 Posts: 9
    https://www.cleveland.com/news/2024/10/brook-park-browns-5-hurdles-that-stand-between-clevelands-home-team-and-an-exit-to-the-suburbs-analysis.html

The Haslam’s are really good at being buffoons. Hence, they also back J.D. Vance.

They are Bu$hleaguer-esque. 

Also, light rail connects the flats to the stadium. 

Most fans that attend games come from outside the county and don’t pay the sin-tax that goes to the stadium and subsidizes the Haslam’s money printing machine.

Let ‘em go.
    Dennis Rodman stole my seat N1 @ PJ20. 
    U.S. Summer shows for the teachers, please.
    I’m tired of driving to Chicago. Play Detroit, Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh, or Buffalo.
    TD51045 said:
    https://www.cleveland.com/news/2024/10/brook-park-browns-5-hurdles-that-stand-between-clevelands-home-team-and-an-exit-to-the-suburbs-analysis.html

The Haslam’s are really good at being buffoons. Hence, they also back J.D. Vance.

They are Bu$hleaguer-esque. 

Also, light rail connects the flats to the stadium. 

Most fans that attend games come from outside the county and don’t pay the sin-tax that goes to the stadium and subsidizes the Haslam’s money printing machine.

Let ‘em go.
    You think most people attending Browns games are from outside Cuyahoga?  No way.  Where do you think they are from, exactly?  Geauga?
    edited October 21
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

but I have zero faith in this coaching staff. 
    Friggin' Van Pelt and that enormous (and apparently empty) head calling run after run on first down. Let the kid throw the ball, especially in some non passing downs so the D can't tee off.
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

Friggin' Van Pelt and that enormous (and apparently empty) head 
    toaster head sucks.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Is Wroggers going to look to trade Wilson as this week's solution?
    edited October 21
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

Friggin' Van Pelt and that enormous (and apparently empty) head calling run after run on first down. Let the kid throw the ball, especially in some non passing downs so the D can't tee off.
    I don't think AVP is even 1/4 of the problem... the fish rots from the head down, and Kraft f'ed up huge by bringing in a guy w/ zero head coaching experience. He was puffing out his chest as recently as a couple weeks ago over the Mayo hiring, and the guy looks like a deer in the headlights. 

It doesn't help that so many defensive players are injured, but still in all... Mayo is in way over his head and I'll be surprised if he hasn't already lost the team with the way he's calling some of them out to the media. 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,460
    Poncier said:
    Is Wroggers going to look to trade Wilson as this week's solution?
    it's really enjoyable watching him struggle and lose games.