Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,632
    ^^^ this is like romo/jessica simpson, on steroids.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,724
    Wobbie said:
    just watched a 30 for 30 on “The Tuck Rule.” it pissed me off all over again. the premise was, without that ruling, TB12 is the backup the following year and maybe never becomes TB12. it was cool, tho, seeing/hearing all those great pats/raiders again.
    I somehow never saw that play and a couple years ago they were replaying that game on NFL Network. The play comes on and I'm watching and I just said "that's a fucking fumble."
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,356
    Wobbie said:
    just watched a 30 for 30 on “The Tuck Rule.” it pissed me off all over again. the premise was, without that ruling, TB12 is the backup the following year and maybe never becomes TB12. it was cool, tho, seeing/hearing all those great pats/raiders again.
    I somehow never saw that play and a couple years ago they were replaying that game on NFL Network. The play comes on and I'm watching and I just said "that's a fucking fumble."
    It is a fumble...now.
    Under those rules, it was not.
    It was a bad rule. But it was called correctly that night.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    those are the exact words mark davis used on the 30 for 30.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    It is a fumble...now.
    grudgingly, I think you’re right.

maybe.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    It is a fumble...now.
    & it wasn't the first time either... they cited the tuck rule earlier that season in a game between the Jets & Patriots, where they overturned a fumble by Vinny Testaverde and said he was still in the act of throwing. 

I agree, it was a dumb rule, but according to the rule, it was called correctly. 
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    While being interviewed in the barber's chair?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,795
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    While being interviewed in the barber's chair?
    Cmon, he can pay someone to cut that, can he?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,535
    edited September 2023
    More Tay Tay and the Chiefs

As a Chiefs fan, does the circus bother you? 
    Right now, no,  Probably because I am very caught up in the nostalgia of this.  It’s probable this becomes a distraction as the season goes on though.  I guess the only silver lining is that this is not Mahomes going through whatever this is and he’s married to his high school sweetheart and not a pop culture icon.  Hopefully Mahomes and Reid can keep this from becoming a circus.
    Post edited by Glorified KC on
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options

Right now, no,  Probably because I am very caught up in the nostalgia of this.  It’s probable this becomes a distraction as the season goes on though.  I guess the only silver lining is that this is not Mahomes going through whatever this is and he’s married to his high school sweetheart and not a pop culture icon.  Hopefully Mahomes and Reid can keep this from becoming a circus.
    I can certainly appreciate getting caught up in it all. & I agree, you just don't want it to become a distraction, but it is what it is. 

& yeah... you should enjoy the shit out of these days. These are fun times to be a Chiefs fan. 
  • Options

I can certainly appreciate getting caught up in it all. & I agree, you just don't want it to become a distraction, but it is what it is. 

& yeah... you should enjoy the shit out of these days. These are fun times to be a Chiefs fan. 

It's fun as hell and still somewhat surreal to me.  I'm trying to enjoy this as much as possible.  It won't last forever and sometimes it ends much sooner than you would have expected.  I honestly never thought I would see this franchise win a super bowl in my lifetime, but that changed dramatically when they hit the jackpot on Mahomes. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,773
    I think it's great, it's hilarious, it's fun.  Football is a sport and meant to be fun for us fans, so throwing in the Swifties just amps up the cultural impact.  Plus I'm sure Taylor would love to become a Missouri housewife someday, if someone would have her. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I think it's great, it's hilarious, it's fun.  Football is a sport and meant to be fun for us fans, so throwing in the Swifties just amps up the cultural impact.  Plus I'm sure Taylor would love to become a Missouri housewife someday, if someone would have her. 

It's also taken the spotlight off of the warts that showed against the Lions.  The receiving corp sucks.  Jawaan Taylor cheats.  That's taken a back seat to Swift and Kelce for the time being.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,618
    The NFL loves it.

Im sure the Chiefs like it too from a business perspective.  
    I would also bet Andy Reid could keep everything buttoned up enough where this would never be an issue that affects the team/lockerroom
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Agree. It's way more fun than those dumb "royal" couples who don't do shit or those vapid celebrities like that irritating family that starts with a K.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,795
    mrussel1 said:
    Agree. It's way more fun than those dumb "royal" couples who don't do shit or those vapid celebrities like that irritating family that starts with a K.
    I made the same comparison when discussing with my wife.  The K people are fucking wastes.  At least Swift is a smart, talented, and productive person.
    I think Travis Kelce is a bozo but a great player.
    If they have fun with it, fine.  It adds more entertainment to an already entertaining sport.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I really don't see his relationship/friendship with Swift (whichever it is) being any distraction. It's not like its Kelce's first time in the public eye. I mean he did a reality dating show. It hasn't affected his play in the past and no reason to think this will. 
  • Options
    In other news… Chandler Jones is having a normal one over on Elon’s app: 

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,220
    mrussel1 said:

It's also taken the spotlight off of the warts that showed against the Lions.  The receiving corp sucks.  Jawaan Taylor cheats.  That's taken a back seat to Swift and Kelce for the time being.

Don’t worry, the morons Douglas and Saleh relying on the worst qb of all time to be the backup of a 40 yo starter with zero experience playing behind a terrible o line will buy the chiefs at least one week of coasting.
  • Options

Chandler apparently has some serious mental health issues. I hope he gets the help he appears to need.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    I really don't see his relationship/friendship with Swift (whichever it is) being any distraction. It's not like its Kelce's first time in the public eye. I mean he did a reality dating show. It hasn't affected his play in the past and no reason to think this will. 

That is a good point.

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,474
    ^ what about Aaron’s brother?… strange stuff
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Chandler apparently has some serious mental health issues. I hope he gets the help he appears to need.
    I guess I didn’t realize how bad it was… his TL there is pretty wild.

RE: Swift / Kelce being a distraction… I guess if Mahomes GF & brother weren’t too big a distraction, this probably won’t be either. I could do with a little less Taylor Swift headlines in my football news, but I also accept I’m just an old man yelling at clouds at this point. 
  • Options
    Poncier said:

That is a good point.

Nice coif.  
  • Options
    Poncier said:

RE: Swift / Kelce being a distraction… I guess if Mahomes GF & brother weren’t too big a distraction, this probably won’t be either. I could do with a little less Taylor Swift headlines in my football news, but I also accept I’m just an old man yelling at clouds at this point. 
    I don't know man.   When I was young, football players did not even date women because they were focused on what was important.  In fact Paul Brown used to tell his players not to have sex with their wives leading up to game day, because it took away aggressiveness (true story).  All I know is...WE'VE LOST OUR COUNTRY!  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:

I don't know man.   When I was young, football players did not even date women because they were focused on what was important.  In fact Paul Brown used to tell his players not to have sex with their wives leading up to game day, because it took away aggressiveness (true story).  All I know is...WE'VE LOST OUR COUNTRY!  
    I completely accept it’s the curmudgeon coming out in me…. It’s me… I’m the problem it’s me. 
  • Options
    speaking of the chiefs…I like how andy reid makes fun of his husky build, as he tries to steal mahomes’ nuggets.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    speaking of the chiefs…I like how andy reid makes fun of his husky build, as he tries to steal mahomes’ nuggets.

I can't stop laughing at that commercial.  Someone asked him at one of his recent press conferences if he enjoyed doing those and if there are more in the future, but he didn't really answer the question either way.
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Reid is great in both of the commercials he's in.

• Options
    Was there something with the cowboys doing a moment of silence for their CB with a torn ACL? Like he’s gonna be okay folks.