Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    I'll say this.  The window for Mahomes and the Chiefs is now closed until the GM does some internal fixes.
    I won't disagree with you there.  So what is your point then on Mahomes contract? 

No team with a franchise QB - one that has won a Super Bowl and an MVP - doesn't sign and/or extend and/or take up the largest portion of their salaries. How is this even a conversation? The team doesn't suffer. The team benefits from having a top-3/5 QB, which is rightly paid as such as it's the most important position in the game. They already benefitted by getting a "discount" by winning a SB, and going to an additional SB, while on his rookie deal. Seriously, what are we even talking about here?
    The team is doing great now aren't they?

Of course you sign your QB long term.  It's your plan after that really matters.

What we are talking about that none of you see is the part of the GM that screwed up.  You can have the greatest QB in the world but without the pieces around him that means squat.  That is exactly what is happening now.

I also mentioned that the SB's were on his rookie deal and now that he is paid unless management  is smarter w their money the team is going nowhere.
    Highlighted it for you.

EDIT: It was at 735 this morning...
    What would you have done if you were the GM and Mahomes contract needed to be extended then?

Mahomes needed to get paid.  I agree.  What screwed the team was how the GM used the rest of the cap.  That was my problem.

You can't keep everybody but certain pieces they did hold and didn't spend wisely on the rest.  The O-line isn't panning out and the defense is anemic.

It's a shame too.  I was very much enjoying the numbers Mahomes was putting up.
    I completely agree with how Veach has handled the rest of the cap.  This is a top-heavy, salary-heavy roster.  They have invested a lot in Kelce, Hill, Thuney, Clark, Hitchens, Jones, Mathieu and Mahomes.  Clark is the worst deal out of the aforementioned, Jones isn't living up to his contract mostly because the Edge position wasn't addressed and they were desperate for an Edge pass rusher, Thuney is a fine LG but that is arguably the position with the least value offensively and I would rather invest that into a LT, Kelce is not getting any younger and has been hurt, Hill's price tag will only go up when his current deal runs out, Hitchens was signed to "replace Derrick Johnson" and has no sideline-to-sideline speed and probably couldn't cover Blake Bell. 

Brett Veach tried to keep the band together for 1 season too long and there are too many holes that need to be addressed.  It will be very difficult considering they don't have the salary cap or draft capital to do so this offseason.  This is at least a two-year process to overturn this roster and make it more well-rounded.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    Damn, Derrick Henry done for the season
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    edited November 2021
    Damn, Derrick Henry done for the season
    That really sucks. He's such a throwback. Love watching him play. 

The AFC is so weird this year. Still wide open...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Man, the Chief kind of stink right now huh?

Still wouldn't be surprised to see them in the AFC Championship game...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891

Is there a dominate team in the AFC now? I don't even know who has the best record.... If I were to guess I would say Buffalo though??? :confused:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

Is there a dominate team in the AFC now? I don't even know who has the best record.... If I were to guess I would say Buffalo though??? :confused:
    The Bills are the best team right now but I think it's wide open.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    The Bills are the most complete team in the AFC as of now, especially with the Derrick Henry injury news.

Lots of teams keep peaking and valleying.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    Henry Ruggs III of the Raiders charged with DUI resulting in death after accident late last night in Vegas.  Never understand why these athletes don't get drivers when out partying.  Just utter stupidity.  And someone is dead because of it.  Such a shame this still happens.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Rogers has tested positive for Covid he’s out of the chiefs game.  Just got a little easier for the chiefs..
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Rogers has tested positive for Covid he’s out of the chiefs game.  Just got a little easier for the chiefs..
    Yeah just a little easier. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Also Fuck Rodgers for misleading everyone about his vax status.  Guy is a creep and this is another example.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I don't think we know for sure if he is or isn't. If he is and is showing symptoms, that would still make him miss the game because he'd need to have two negative tests 48 hours after the symptoms go away or something. 

How's he a creep though? I've always liked him. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    edited November 2021
    Classic Rogers. Shows up at camp and says he's "immunized" not vaccinated and now tests positive. 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    edited November 2021
    I think Rodgers is so annoying. An attention whore that thinks he's funny and clever, but he's not. Yet, some people dig him. To each their own I suppose.

Where I had enough of him was last year when Drew Brees was being slammed by the twitter mob for "not agreeing with people that kneel for the anthem." Later that same day, Rodgers posted a picture of himself and teammates locking arms before a game, and wrote the following beneath it. I copied and pasted it from his Instagram....

"A few years ago we were criticized for locking arms in solidarity before the game. It has NEVER been about an anthem or a flag. Not then. Not now. Listen with an open heart, let’s educate ourselves, and then turn word and thought into action. #wakeupamerica #itstimeforchange
    #loveoverfear❤️ #solidarity
    #libertyandjusticeforall #all"

Translation: Look at me! EVERYONE, LOOK AT ME! You're all upset with Drew Brees right now. BUT LOOK AT ME!!!!!!! 

Again, an attention whore.

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    So now it's being said that Rodgers petitioned for an exemption due to "alternative treatment". He 100% did the ivermectin thing didn't he?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I don't think we know for sure if he is or isn't. If he is and is showing symptoms, that would still make him miss the game because he'd need to have two negative tests 48 hours after the symptoms go away or something. 

How's he a creep though? I've always liked him. 

I have inside scoop a bit on Aaron....can't share but he is a creep.

Oh, and there is the whole "The Super Bowl can suck it" thing.  I love Olivia Munn, so this is not something I can forgive and forget about!  :lol:     

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    pjhawks said:
    Henry Ruggs III of the Raiders charged with DUI resulting in death after accident late last night in Vegas.  Never understand why these athletes don't get drivers when out partying.  Just utter stupidity.  And someone is dead because of it.  Such a shame this still happens.

He was going 156mph when he crashed into the other car.  How unbelievably stupid.  This dude is going to prison for a long time.  
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

He was going 156mph when he crashed into the other car.  How unbelievably stupid.  This dude is going to prison for a long time.  
    For the rest of his life probably. His blood alcohol level was twice the legal limit. And going 156mph is one of the most insane things I've ever heard. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    You can hear him pushing for this on his new podcast, The Aaron Rodgers Experience. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    pjhawks said:

For the rest of his life probably. His blood alcohol level was twice the legal limit. And going 156mph is one of the most insane things I've ever heard. 
    I don’t even like reading articles about the story.  156 in 45mph zone.  

The most important thing is obviously the lady who lost her life and the dog but I hate seeing people throw it all away.  Especially when you know their rise to the nfl.  The team even had an official program in place to pickup players if they had consumed alcohol.  Too sad.  
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    156kph insane, mph in a 45…deserves to whatever I thrown at him.

Also, I thought it was understood that Rodgers is about the biggest douche can be without doing something like the above
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Honestly, I realize the way the law works, but he should get euthanized for that
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    You can hear him pushing for this on his new podcast, The Aaron Rodgers Experience. 

If he wanted to win a super bowl,  he would have done it proper.  Now his team suffers.  
  • Options
    Hopefully Ruggs spends life behind bars, and why the hell are cars allowed on the street capable of travelling at those speeds.  These auto companies also need to be held accountable for putting these speed demons on the road.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,800
    edited November 2021
    would assume its a supercar. lambo, ferrari etc...

american super car , a Corvette....
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    it was a corvette…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    it was a corvette…

Depending which one that is a supercar without the price tag.
  • Options
    it was a corvette…

And I doubt an NFL player would be driving the non supercar version at 156 mph...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    it was a corvette…

What exactly are you arguing?  
    Give Peas A Chance…