Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    The year of Trump. A very classy year, some say the classiest ever.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

The year of Trump. A very classy year, some say the classiest ever.

Trump: A lot of people have said that.
    Interviewer: Who exactly has said that?
    Trump: Well a lot of people.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Atlanta screwed themselves when they lost 23 yards with 5 minutes left because they abandoned the run while in FG range. I just went to bed before OT ended because I knew they were doomed and didn't want to see Brady giving President Trump a piggy back ride among the confetti.

As far as play calling goes, that should rank right up there with Pete "The Truther" Carroll's pass call instead of choosing Beast Mode. A sack and a hold and now the Falcons are the saddest sack of jamokes in NFL history.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited February 2017
    I was rooting for Atlanta because - being a Cubs fan and feeling that elation when your team finally wins it all - I want fans of other teams that haven't won a Championship (or haven't won in a looooooooooooong time) to have that same feeling. But I wasn't rooting against New England, either. Just an unbelievable game! Anyone hating on Brady just needs their head checked. We got to live in a time where we witnessed not only Super Bowl history, but the greatest QB to ever play the game. I've said Peyton Manning for years - and I still don't know that I've ever seen a better field general than Peyton - but Brady's accomplishments both head-to-head against Manning and in the playoffs speak for themselves. The only 5-time Super Bowl winning QB, the only 4-time Super Bowl MVP, the only 7-time AFC Champion in the history of the game. Just put him in the HOF now, no need to wait 'til he retires.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    as a miserable Falcons fan..... I can only take solace in that we were beat by the Greatest of All Time. (coach and QB)

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    I'm sure all the 49ers fans must be super excited about the Shanahan era after watching the second half play calling. And that was done with a quality players.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jason P said:

I'm sure all the 49ers fans must be super excited about the Shanahan era after watching the second half play calling. And that was done with a quality players.

I gave up on the 49ers after they fired Harbaugh. That little arrogant prick owner and his former minion GM ran a good thing into the ground because of their egos. I just root for good players and good games now. If I have any favorite teams, they're whoever play the Seahawks, Ravens, & Steelers lol.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

I wish Brady had turned to him and said "this feels a little light, you sure this is the real trophy?"
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

I found Gaga's performance to be disrespectful to the memory of Owen Hart.

i found myself thinking of owen hart while watching! LOL

I found that "performance" to be completely unremarkable. the "jump" at the beginning was so cheesy it hurt when I laughed so hard.

I don't know Gaga for shit, but I assumed since everyone talks about her "integrity" and "individuality" that her songs wouldn't be radio cookie cutter garbage. Plus the no-singing thing at Super Bowl is really dumb. basically turns it into a cirque du soleil.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    can you really say Brady is the GOAT? in a TEAM sport? I mean, you substitute Peyton or someone else in his place, with the same team mates and the same coaching, you don't think the result might be the same?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228

can you really say Brady is the GOAT? in a TEAM sport? I mean, you substitute Peyton or someone else in his place, with the same team mates and the same coaching, you don't think the result might be the same?

No I don't.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

Nah he's the best..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options

I found that "performance" to be completely unremarkable. the "jump" at the beginning was so cheesy it hurt when I laughed so hard.

I don't know Gaga for shit, but I assumed since everyone talks about her "integrity" and "individuality" that her songs wouldn't be radio cookie cutter garbage. Plus the no-singing thing at Super Bowl is really dumb. basically turns it into a cirque du soleil.
    Unlike most past performers, Gaga was actually singing.
    And I actually thought of Owen Hart as well!
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

as a miserable Falcons fan..... I can only take solace in that we were beat by the Greatest of All Time. (coach and QB)

While I have no sympathy for Dan Quinn, Arthur Blank, or any member of the Atlanta Falcons, my heart fucking breaks for you fans. That is as bad a loss as there ever has been in sports. Up 25 points with like 20 minutes to play. Unbelievable. I don't know how the Falcons will be able to live with themselves. They'll never again play as well as they did in the first 35 minutes of that Super Bowl.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited February 2017

lolobugg said:

While I have no sympathy for Dan Quinn, Arthur Blank, or any member of the Atlanta Falcons, my heart fucking breaks for you fans. That is as bad a loss as there ever has been in sports. Up 25 points with like 20 minutes to play. Unbelievable. I don't know how the Falcons will be able to live with themselves. They'll never again play as well as they did in the first 35 minutes of that Super Bowl.
    thanks, if this would've happened 4 years ago then I would've been destroyed. since then I have learned to separate my fandom to some degree. I am also a Crimson Tide fan so after the "KICK 6" game, nothing can ever compare to that feeling. I do have a few Falcons fan friends who I am worried about though.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    edited February 2017
    lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

thanks, if this would've happened 4 years ago then I would've been destroyed. since then I have learned to separate my fandom to some degree. I am also a Crimson Tide fan so after the "KICK 6" game, nothing can ever compare to that feeling. I do have a few Falcons fan friends who I am worried about though.
    That's good to hear for your own sanity. But the Crimson Tide is, as the great Bobby "The Brain" Heenan would say, Amateur Punk Stuff. No college championship can compare to the Super Bowl (to me, it's like comparing a triple-A baseball crown to the World Series). You guys had the SUPER BOWL won. Again, I'm happy to hear you're not out on a ledge like some of your friends might be. But if my team (the long-suffering Miami Dolphins) took that exact same loss in the Super Bowl, I'd be like "Move over, I need some room on this ledge too!"
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

That's good to hear for your own sanity. But the Crimson Tide is, as the great Bobby "The Brain" Heenan would say, Amateur Punk Stuff. No college bowl stuff can compare to the Super Bowl. You guys had the SUPER BOWL won. The Crimson Tide is Alabama right? Nick Saban's team that (I assume, because I don't like college football and don't watch it) gets all the best recruits and just dominates? Again, I'm happy to hear you're not out on a ledge like some of your friends might be. But if my team (the long-suffering Miami Dolphins) took that exact same loss in the Super Bowl, I'd be like "Move over, I need some room on this ledge too!"
    :lol:
    college is huge in the South. we take it as seriously if not more so than any pro game.
    but yep... I was on that ledge a few years ago. The whole 2nd half last night was like a nightmare you can't wake up from.
    new stadium next year. new OC... got to shake it off and go back to work but it will hurt for a LONG time.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,411

i was thinking of Owen as well.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options

Unlike most past performers, Gaga was actually singing.
    And I actually thought of Owen Hart as well!
    she was? it sounded WAY too polished to be live.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

That's good to hear for your own sanity. But the Crimson Tide is, as the great Bobby "The Brain" Heenan would say, Amateur Punk Stuff. No college bowl stuff can compare to the Super Bowl. You guys had the SUPER BOWL won. The Crimson Tide is Alabama right? Nick Saban's team that (I assume, because I don't like college football and don't watch it) gets all the best recruits and just dominates? Again, I'm happy to hear you're not out on a ledge like some of your friends might be. But if my team (the long-suffering Miami Dolphins) took that exact same loss in the Super Bowl, I'd be like "Move over, I need some room on this ledge too!"
    college is huge in the South. we take it as seriously if not more so than any pro game.
    but yep... I was on that ledge a few years ago. The whole 2nd half last night was like a nightmare you can't wake up from.
    new stadium next year. new OC... got to shake it off and go back to work but it will hurt for a LONG time.
    Speaking of college football in the south and that new stadium.. less than 7 months til the Kickoff Classic!
  • Options

lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

Speaking of college football in the south and that new stadium.. less than 7 months til the Kickoff Classic!

Probably the biggest opening game both teams have faced in modern history. Def a top 5 matchup to start the season. Maybe a top 3.
    when do tix go on sale?

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

Probably the biggest opening game both teams have faced in modern history. Def a top 5 matchup to start the season. Maybe a top 3.
    when do tix go on sale?
    According to the site, you have to contact the schools' ticket offices. FSU only has season tickets on sale at the moment, no individual games yet. I'm sure they probably give first crack to season holders and high tier boosters. I'd love to go but I'm trying for FSU/Miami instead.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298

lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

That's good to hear for your own sanity. But the Crimson Tide is, as the great Bobby "The Brain" Heenan would say, Amateur Punk Stuff. No college championship can compare to the Super Bowl (to me, it's like comparing a triple-A baseball crown to the World Series). You guys had the SUPER BOWL won. Again, I'm happy to hear you're not out on a ledge like some of your friends might be. But if my team (the long-suffering Miami Dolphins) took that exact same loss in the Super Bowl, I'd be like "Move over, I need some room on this ledge too!"
    Yeah I would've had to call out of work for a week if the Eagles lost like that....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yes Tom Brady is the greatest to ever do it without question now. All hail!!

What he and Belichick have done is unprecedented and will never be duplicated ever again in the history of sports.

I gotta say out of all theIr Super Bowl victories, this one was definitely the sweetest!

There's a whole lot of other guys who were great regular season quarterbacks, won a couple championships, could put up stats...but there's only one Tom Brady. He's in a class of his own now.

The scary thing is that he's still got a lot of football left in him. He'll never lose that drive to be the best which has always separated him from everybody else. His drive is what has made the others look pedestrian for so long.

And when Brady wins one or two more championships in the upcoming seasons...the real question is going to be which one of his dynasties was the GOAT!!!

Haters gonna fucking hate!
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

What he and Belichick have done is unprecedented and will never be duplicated ever again in the history of sports.

I gotta say out of all theIr Super Bowl victories, this one was definitely the sweetest!

There's a whole lot of other guys who were great regular season quarterbacks, won a couple championships, could put up stats...but there's only one Tom Brady. He's in a class of his own now.

The scary thing is that he's still got a lot of football left in him. He'll never lose that drive to be the best which has always separated him from everybody else. His drive is what has made the others look pedestrian for so long.

And when Brady wins one or two more championships in the upcoming seasons...the real question is going to be which one of his dynasties was the GOAT!!!

I think he'll get 1 more..his body will start breaking down once he turns 40...but yes no doubt hes the GOAT.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922

lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

I would bet a huge a large portion of Falcons/Georgia Bulldog would willingly take that Falcons SB loss if you told them Georgia would win a National Championship next season. College football is like religion in the south.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

Pop & Duncan!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    JK_Livin said:

Pop & Duncan!
    Pop and Duncan really are the only comparison.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."