The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,526
    edited January 2016
    Smellyman said:

I like this Viking selfie the moment of kick

https://twitter.com/DariusStorm/status/686299649477611521

when did 'recording yourself while watching a game' become a thing? i don't get it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,954

Smellyman said:

when did 'recording yourself while watching a game' become a thing? i don't get it.
    It's so damn lame.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Recording any live event you're at is foolish.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425

Smellyman said:

Welcome to the self-absorbed Facebook era, Juggler!
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,417
    JK_Livin said:

mickeyrat said:

JK_Livin said:

Porter and Munchak should both be suspended for the next game. This sets a bad precedent but their leader is a guy that got in the way of a kick returner on the field one time.

So you tthink he hair "grab" was intended?
    Yes. Don't put yourself in that situation
    Here's a thought. Tie up waist length dreadlocks. Unless all players on every team wears visors , its an unnecessary hazard.

As for the penalty, a shove/arm grab was deserving of a flag for sure. Hair was incidental
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

JK_Livin said:

mickeyrat said:

JK_Livin said:

Porter and Munchak should both be suspended for the next game. This sets a bad precedent but their leader is a guy that got in the way of a kick returner on the field one time.

Here's a thought. Tie up waist length dreadlocks. Unless all players on every team wears visors , its an unnecessary hazard.

As for the penalty, a shove/arm grab was deserving of a flag for sure. Hair was incidental
    If he doesn't grab his arm, he doesn't grab his hair. Assistant coaches should know their place and get out of the way unless you're going to stop someone from falling.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,417
    JK_Livin said:

mickeyrat said:

JK_Livin said:

mickeyrat said:

JK_Livin said:

If he doesn't grab his arm, he doesn't grab his hair. Assistant coaches should know their place and get out of the way unless you're going to stop someone from falling.
    Then every single staff member including players not on the feild that touches an opposing player gets flagged and fined going forward.

You dont know the initial intent at contact.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,284
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,304
    only the NFL would have a press conference patting themselves on the back (Rams return to LA!!!) while screwing 1 city and possibly up to 2 others. ah Billionaires are great aren't they?
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,676
    I thought just yesterday the owners approved the raiders and chargers to go to LA. Are they gonna have three teams there? :tired_face:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,526
    imalive said:

I thought just yesterday the owners approved the raiders and chargers to go to LA. Are they gonna have three teams there? :tired_face:

No. The Raiders have first shot. If they decline, the Raiders will have a chance.

Sucks for St Louis. At least the Rams have a long history of football in L.A though.

I would not like to see the Chargers move there. That would just not seem right.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,676

imalive said:

No. The Raiders have first shot. If they decline, the Raiders will have a chance.

Sucks for St Louis. At least the Rams have a long history of football in L.A though.

I would not like to see the Chargers move there. That would just not seem right.
    ^^^ ???
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,399
    imalive said:

Some committee of 6 owners at the meetings voted to recommend the plan for Chargers and Raiders to move to LA and share a stadium in Carson, then later in the day, the full group of owners instead voted 30-2 for the plan to have the Lambs relocate back to LA, and give the Chargers the option to join them (Juggler must have mistyped), and if Chargers decline, then Raiders can opt to be 2nd LA team.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    imalive said:

imalive said:

^^^ ???
    I think Juggler had a typo there. Rams move is done and they will play in LA next season. League declined building 2 stadiums in LA. Plan is now to have a second team share the new Stadium with Rams. Chargers have 1 year to reach an agreement with Rams on sharing. If they cannot reach agreement than Raiders get to try and reach agreement. Raiders are fucked and stuck in Oakland. Nice of NFL to offer them 10omil for stadium. Mark Davis has no real money other than team and needs pretty much full stadium paid for by someone else. Oakland is broke and will give no if very little money. They get to keep playing in the sewage speweing stadium for the near future.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    pjhawks said:

only the NFL would have a press conference patting themselves on the back (Rams return to LA!!!) while screwing 1 city and possibly up to 2 others. ah Billionaires are great aren't they?
    Not my post, but an excellent comment I found online regarding this situation...
    The true greed happened when St. Louis promised Georgia Frontiere all the money and the greatest stadium in the world for 30 years if she'd just forsake LA for St. Louis. She did and it was 100% on the back of tax payers. St. Louis defaulted on that promise to keep them in a first tier stadium which by their contract freed the Rams to leave. The city of St. Louis then attempted to hoist the cost of keeping the Rams from leaving where? That's right, again on the backs of the tax payers and they even got political cronies in the government and courts together to circumvent a public vote on the deal. This Mr. Robinson is what actual "greed" looks like.

Kroenke, on the other hand, going to spend around $2 billion of his and his investors own money to build his stadium in LA in a location that already has almost all the infrastructure it needs. He's not holding tax payers and politicians hostage, he's taking on all the risk himself and he will certainly reap the rewards or punishment as it may be himself. This is what ambition and actual free market solutions where nobody is forced to do anything against their will looks like. You may confuse that for greed, and you will, but that's your problem not Kroenke's or the NFL's. Sure, the NFL loves this because it's going to give them the opportunity to EARN more money than they would have, but at least they don't love it this time because it's going to allow them to plunder more money from the public purse than they previously could. At least not in St. Louis or LA.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887

pjhawks said:

Not my post, but an excellent comment I found online regarding this situation...
    The true greed happened when St. Louis promised Georgia Frontiere all the money and the greatest stadium in the world for 30 years if she'd just forsake LA for St. Louis. She did and it was 100% on the back of tax payers. St. Louis defaulted on that promise to keep them in a first tier stadium which by their contract freed the Rams to leave. The city of St. Louis then attempted to hoist the cost of keeping the Rams from leaving where? That's right, again on the backs of the tax payers and they even got political cronies in the government and courts together to circumvent a public vote on the deal. This Mr. Robinson is what actual "greed" looks like.

Kroenke, on the other hand, going to spend around $2 billion of his and his investors own money to build his stadium in LA in a location that already has almost all the infrastructure it needs. He's not holding tax payers and politicians hostage, he's taking on all the risk himself and he will certainly reap the rewards or punishment as it may be himself. This is what ambition and actual free market solutions where nobody is forced to do anything against their will looks like. You may confuse that for greed, and you will, but that's your problem not Kroenke's or the NFL's. Sure, the NFL loves this because it's going to give them the opportunity to EARN more money than they would have, but at least they don't love it this time because it's going to allow them to plunder more money from the public purse than they previously could. At least not in St. Louis or LA.
    If that is true, good on Kroenke for building his own stadium. He will make his money back many times over assuming it works out.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,185
    Great article. Kroenke is just another callous, ungrateful, money hungry piece of shit in this world. He and the NFL showed a blatant disregard for STL and its fans with an obvious deviation from NFL guidelines of a franchise moving.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Great article. Kroenke is just another callous, ungrateful, money hungry piece of shit in this world. He and the NFL showed a blatant disregard for STL and its fans with an obvious deviation from NFL guidelines of a franchise moving.
    Like the blatant disregard the NFL and the city of St Louis showed for LA back in 1994? And then backed out on their promises?
    If Kroenke is a callous, ungrateful, money hungry piece of shit, why is he building the new complex with HIS OWN money?
    Kroenke just saved the citizens of St. Louis a shit ton of tax dollars.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,185
    He was part of the ownership that stripped LA of the Rams the first time. Took full ownership Made a shitload of money off STL and now is headed back to LA. I can't argue with taking them from LA the first time would have to look up how all that went down. But Kroenke is definitely out for fortune and will step on anyone or anything to get his way. Without any appreciation for anybody along the way.
  • Options
    Hue to the Browns

Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Relocation fee is 550mil. Put that with the 400mil public funded and the Rams could have funded a large part of a new stadium.

What are the odds the Raiders move to St Louis? They need to get out of that shit hole and are running out of options. San Antonio was an option but Al burned that bridge before he died.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    JK_Livin said:

Hue to the Browns

They offer him like a billion dollars? Must be an insane deal to go to that dumpster fire.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,791

JK_Livin said:

Hue to the Browns

They offer him like a billion dollars? Must be an insane deal to go to that dumpster fire.
    Yeah, they had to have thrown a shitload of money at him. Taking the Browns job before even talking to the Giants??? Crazy.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,399
    And so the sad saga of Lawrence Phillips closes its final chapter.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    once the hype is over after a couple of 4-12 seasons, it will be fun to watch the nfl fail in la again
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

Hue to the Browns

Yeah, they had to have thrown a shitload of money at him. Taking the Browns job before even talking to the Giants??? Crazy.
    Personnel input and the #2 pick
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options

He was part of the ownership that stripped LA of the Rams the first time. Took full ownership Made a shitload of money off STL and now is headed back to LA. I can't argue with taking them from LA the first time would have to look up how all that went down. But Kroenke is definitely out for fortune and will step on anyone or anything to get his way. Without any appreciation for anybody along the way.

Kroenke got 40% ownership of the Rams in the deal made by Georgia Frontiere AFTER they moved to St. Louis.
  • Options
    What do you guys think about the Pats vs Chiefs matchup on Saturday?
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,954

What do you guys think about the Pats vs Chiefs matchup on Saturday?

Hoping for a Chiefs win but I think their streak ends and Pats end up in another AFC championship game
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17