Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

Shocked that the Bucs fired Lovie after only 2 years. Went from 2 wins last year to 6 this year with a rookie QB. Didn't really give him a chance...

Crazy business. Everyone has to win now apparently.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,519
    Lovie was fired because other teams are interested in Dirk Koetter, TB's OC

They deem him more important, want to retain him, must promote as HC

IMO GM's are way more important than NFL Coaches. Teams that work the draft ( Pats, Packers, Seahawks, Carolina, Arizona....those teams get it. The Pats always trading back isnt sexy on draft day but its worth its weight in gold

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,952
    Dalton out, but now they are saying Deangelo Williams is out.

Steelers/Bengals is going to be interesting
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,279
    my wildcard predictions:

Chiefs over Texans (andy reid will carry his 10 game winning streak into the playoffs)
    Redskins over Packers (upset)
    Seahawks over Vikings (yeah it's gonna be cold but can't really see seattle losing)
    Bengals over Steelers (going with my heart instead of my head on this one)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,558

my wildcard predictions:

Chiefs over Texans (andy reid will carry his 10 game winning streak into the playoffs)
    Seahawks over Vikings (yeah it's gonna be cold but can't really see seattle losing)

I don't think the Redskins beating the packers is an upset.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    That redbone int is one of the worst you'll see in the playoffs. Garbage.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158

That redbone int is one of the worst you'll see in the playoffs. Garbage.

Yeah that was the worst of his three picks, but none of them were pretty.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Should've put in Weeden in the 4th
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,279
    igotid88 said:

my wildcard predictions:

probably not but it is the packers and aaron rodgers. who's favored in that matchup?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,561

igotid88 said:

my wildcard predictions:

probably not but it is the packers and aaron rodgers. who's favored in that matchup?
    I saw one line that has Washington favored by 1 pt
  • Options
    What a stupid hit
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    Lol
  • Options
    Holy shit NFL network is brutal. Sanders is insufferable
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,301

Lol

why do i imagine if the fans acted that way in Philly it would be a national story and guys like you Cliffy would be ripping us Philly fans?

definitely a cheap shot to the head and a penalty but i actually thought the penalty on Jones was kind of lame. The Pittsburgh assistant coach is on the field inciting the incident. should have let that one go in my opinion although i don't think it mattered. they would have probably made the kick after the 1st penalty anyway.

another playoff loss and the way it ended has to seal Marvin Lewis' fate in Cincy right?

it can't be this hard to find a capable backup QB can it? apparently it is but man it never ceases to amaze me the difference from the starters to backup QBs.

how does one dress for -18 wind chill?

• Options
    pjhawks said:

Lol

why do i imagine if the fans acted that way in Philly it would be a national story and guys like you Cliffy would be ripping us Philly fans?

definitely a cheap shot to the head and a penalty but i actually thought the penalty on Jones was kind of lame. The Pittsburgh assistant coach is on the field inciting the incident. should have let that one go in my opinion although i don't think it mattered. they would have probably made the kick after the 1st penalty anyway.

another playoff loss and the way it ended has to seal Marvin Lewis' fate in Cincy right?

it can't be this hard to find a capable backup QB can it? apparently it is but man it never ceases to amaze me the difference from the starters to backup QBs.

Guys like me? I rip delco dirtball eagles fans who are blacked out 3 hours before the game and the schmucks who feel the need to chant that stupid chant at movie theaters and the like.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,301

pjhawks said:

Lol

Guys like me? I rip delco dirtball eagles fans who are blacked out 3 hours before the game and the schmucks who feel the need to chant that stupid chant at movie theaters and the like.
    Just having a little fun Cliffy although I do have a high suspicion that there will be very little national coverage of Cincy fans acting like they did but if it happened here whoa boy the shit storm that would occur. i mean we still hear about Santa Claus 50 years ago.

and no lottery winner here so back to work on Monday.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Lol

Just having a little fun Cliffy although I do have a high suspicion that there will be very little national coverage of Cincy fans acting like they did but if it happened here whoa boy the shit storm that would occur. i mean we still hear about Santa Claus 50 years ago.

Agreed but things are magnified here for a reason...

Same here goddammit. So I probably shouldn't have put a payment down on the mansion at front and Catherine?
  • Options
    Just saw the "touchdown" catch by Bryant. the ball kept moving until he got out of the endzone. It shouldn't have counted
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Lol

Same here goddammit. So I probably shouldn't have put a payment down on the mansion at front and Catherine?
    It's magnified because of a story about Santa Claus 50 years ago that lazy journalists bring up on a regular basis.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Lol

It's magnified because of a story about Santa Claus 50 years ago that lazy journalists bring up on a regular basis.
    That's not true. The reputation has been earned.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,401
    igotid88 said:

Just saw the "touchdown" catch by Bryant. the ball kept moving until he got out of the endzone. It shouldn't have counted

Remained in that hand.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    edited January 2016
    igotid88 said:

if he didn't do that flip, he wouldn't have been able to maintain control because his legs would have kept going. he transferred his energy into a flip. frickin brilliant
    Post edited by rollings on
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Upset I'm not seeing a Speedy "fuck cinci" post!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    pureoc said:

Upset I'm not seeing a Speedy "fuck cinci" post!

you might be getting a Delayed one
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,671
    Loving this game! Keep it up, Vikes!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    seattle is one lucky team
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I need a TD from SEA
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

seattle is one lucky team

Beyond lucky hahahhahahhaah wtf
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,671
    I hated the outcome but that, right there, is why we watch sports.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The helmet catch is looking more and more like a good football play than luck
    I miss igotid88