The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,559
    Rodgers needs Jordy Nelson
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Very easy to have high completion percentage when you have time and your receivers are wide open
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,528

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Lol

why do i imagine if the fans acted that way in Philly it would be a national story and guys like you Cliffy would be ripping us Philly fans?

definitely a cheap shot to the head and a penalty but i actually thought the penalty on Jones was kind of lame. The Pittsburgh assistant coach is on the field inciting the incident. should have let that one go in my opinion although i don't think it mattered. they would have probably made the kick after the 1st penalty anyway.

another playoff loss and the way it ended has to seal Marvin Lewis' fate in Cincy right?

it can't be this hard to find a capable backup QB can it? apparently it is but man it never ceases to amaze me the difference from the starters to backup QBs.

how does one dress for -18 wind chill?

Guys like me? I rip delco dirtball eagles fans who are blacked out 3 hours before the game and the schmucks who feel the need to chant that stupid chant at movie theaters and the like.
    Just having a little fun Cliffy although I do have a high suspicion that there will be very little national coverage of Cincy fans acting like they did but if it happened here whoa boy the shit storm that would occur. i mean we still hear about Santa Claus 50 years ago.

and no lottery winner here so back to work on Monday.
    Agreed but things are magnified here for a reason...

Same here goddammit. So I probably shouldn't have put a payment down on the mansion at front and Catherine?
    It's magnified because of a story about Santa Claus 50 years ago that lazy journalists bring up on a regular basis.
    That's not true. The reputation has been earned.
    It absolutely is true.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,083
    Today was only the 4th most disappointing Vikings loss in the last two decades.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Lol

why do i imagine if the fans acted that way in Philly it would be a national story and guys like you Cliffy would be ripping us Philly fans?

definitely a cheap shot to the head and a penalty but i actually thought the penalty on Jones was kind of lame. The Pittsburgh assistant coach is on the field inciting the incident. should have let that one go in my opinion although i don't think it mattered. they would have probably made the kick after the 1st penalty anyway.

another playoff loss and the way it ended has to seal Marvin Lewis' fate in Cincy right?

it can't be this hard to find a capable backup QB can it? apparently it is but man it never ceases to amaze me the difference from the starters to backup QBs.

Guys like me? I rip delco dirtball eagles fans who are blacked out 3 hours before the game and the schmucks who feel the need to chant that stupid chant at movie theaters and the like.
    Just having a little fun Cliffy although I do have a high suspicion that there will be very little national coverage of Cincy fans acting like they did but if it happened here whoa boy the shit storm that would occur. i mean we still hear about Santa Claus 50 years ago.

Same here goddammit. So I probably shouldn't have put a payment down on the mansion at front and Catherine?
    It's magnified because of a story about Santa Claus 50 years ago that lazy journalists bring up on a regular basis.
    It absolutely is true.
    So the reputation is completely off base?
  • Options
    edited January 2016

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Lol

It absolutely is true.
    So the reputation is completely off base?
    No. But you said it's magnified for a reason. I think the reason is the easy old "they're so tough they throw snow balls at Santa Claus" lazy routine. Every week some stupid shit like what happened last night takes place all over the country....yet Philadelphia is the place where we threw snow balls at a drunk guy dressed up as Santa a million years ago... so... you know...we're the worst!
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

Nah....just needed the run game to start clicking again.

Hell of a day of professional football.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

igotid88 said:

That too. But he did miss him this year.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

That too. But he did miss him this year.
    Sure. He's a great receiver. But if they could've been able to run like they did today, they would've cruised to another division win.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,284
    What happened to home field advantage? All the road teams won.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,304

or all the teams with better QBs. the only people more pissed than Minnesota fans have to Carolina fans. Carolina #1 seed is now going to have to beat Seattle and most likely Arizona to just make the Super Bowl. ouch.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

or all the teams with better QBs. the only people more pissed than Minnesota fans have to Carolina fans. Carolina #1 seed is now going to have to beat Seattle and most likely Arizona to just make the Super Bowl. ouch.
    The Seattle and Pittsburgh wins were good luck mostly. Although Seattle's defense helped
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,523
    igotid88 said:

pjhawks said:

The Seattle and Pittsburgh wins were good luck mostly. Although Seattle's defense helped
    The negative temperatures was lucky for the Vikings. Crappy weather evens the playing field.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

pjhawks said:

Ha. I guess as a Giants fan, you know a thing or two about luck.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    rollings said:

igotid88 said:

Just saw the "touchdown" catch by Bryant. the ball kept moving until he got out of the endzone. It shouldn't have counted

if he didn't do that flip, he wouldn't have been able to maintain control because his legs would have kept going. he transferred his energy into a flip. frickin brilliant
    After the bobble though he only gets one foot down. Do you have to reestablish 2 feet after a bobble?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    Oh that was brutal for Cincy and Minn fans. As much as I think the players that ruined it for Cincy (the two knuckleheads, not Hill the fumbler) are douchebags that has to rip a fan's heart out.
    Minn yesterday....seeing the Kicker stand up to the heat for his gaffe and and hearing he was sobbing in his locker? Feel badly for the guy. (If I was a Vikes fan I would probably feel differently but pressure gets the best of many players.)
    Exciting weekend to watch!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,954

igotid88 said:

pjhawks said:

And as an eagles fan, you don't.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    edited January 2016

igotid88 said:

pjhawks said:

And as an eagles fan, you don't.
    Well you got me there.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

Oh that was brutal for Cincy and Minn fans. As much as I think the players that ruined it for Cincy (the two knuckleheads, not Hill the fumbler) are douchebags that has to rip a fan's heart out.
    Minn yesterday....seeing the Kicker stand up to the heat for his gaffe and and hearing he was sobbing in his locker? Feel badly for the guy. (If I was a Vikes fan I would probably feel differently but pressure gets the best of many players.)
    Exciting weekend to watch!

laces out!?

horrible implosion by cincy ... hill was benched earlier this year for fumbling ... and lewis was caught on the sidelines trying to control burfict but dude clearly operating on his own agenda ... and although I think joey porter should be fined ... there's still no excuse for the jones penalty ... he's clearly out there there trying to goad someone into a penalty ...
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Porter and Munchak should both be suspended for the next game. This sets a bad precedent but their leader is a guy that got in the way of a kick returner on the field one time.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    A poor Vikes fan thinking the kick was good ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SzOeR96IOQ
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    After this week, I won't have a NFL team to cheer for. Good riddance. I don't really miss watching football since cutting the cord a year ago anyway.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,417
    edited January 2016
    JK_Livin said:

Porter and Munchak should both be suspended for the next game. This sets a bad precedent but their leader is a guy that got in the way of a kick returner on the field one time.

So you tthink he hair "grab" was intended?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    As much as I feel for Vikes fans and don't want to laugh at the guy taking that video's pain....dude, put your phone down and watch the game and perhaps you would not have thought you won.
    Such a wild ending.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Okay so I'm re watching the 4th quarter of the Pittsburgh/Cincinnati game. Why was the backup Jones out there and Big Ben stayed on the sidelines with a minute and a half left and Jones throws the pick. Next play Cincinnati fumbles with 1:23 left and then Roethlisberger comes out.

If the Bengals don't fumble its game over and Roethlisberger watches from sidelines. Anyone know why?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,417
    edited January 2016

Okay so I'm re watching the 4th quarter of the Pittsburgh/Cincinnati game. Why was the backup Jones out there and Big Ben stayed on the sidelines with a minute and a half left and Jones throws the pick. Next play Cincinnati fumbles with 1:23 left and then Roethlisberger comes out.

If the Bengals don't fumble its game over and Roethlisberger watches from sidelines. Anyone know why?

End of the third Roethlisburger took a clean hit that drove in the turf on his right shoulder. Burfict then used that shoulder as a knee pad in getting up. Today they say possible seperated shoulder.

He says he came back out to give a boost to the team. After the pick and subsequent fumble Tomlin asked if he could throw.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,523
    I like this Viking selfie the moment of kick

https://twitter.com/DariusStorm/status/686299649477611521
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

JK_Livin said:

Yes. Don't put yourself in that situation
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    JK_Livin said:

mickeyrat said:

JK_Livin said:

Yes. Don't put yourself in that situation
    I'm sure both will be heavily fined and deservedly so. But lets not pretend the Bengals are all angels as well. Burfict has no place playing in the league. Here is another Bengal that wasn't even in the game running onto the field to shove a Steelers player. Maybe Marvin Lewis needs to learn to control his players as well. After Shazier hit Bernard to cause the fumble, in a hit that probably should have been flagged, there were numerous Bengals players and coaches out on the field, but no flag on them? Still, it was not a blatant attempt to injure like Burfict.

thebiglead.com/2016/01/11/domata-peko-wearing-a-cape-came-off-the-bengals-sideline-to-shove-william-gay/
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    edited January 2016
    Still, the best part about Burfict from a few weeks ago is when he was trying to start something midfield during pregame running his mouth at the Steelers. He was a big tough guy. That is until James Harrison came walking over to the scrum. Then he was quick to get out of there. Video cracks me up every time, him running away as soon as Harrison was about to get involved. Coward.
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...