RIP Joe Paterno

eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,808
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
there are some reports that he is dead (most are saying serious condition) :? ? And lots of people are posting it on facebook. :(

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... pheadlines

http://photos.nj.com/star-ledger/2012/0 ... _85_8.html
8/28/98- Camden, NJ
10/31/09- Philly
5/21/10- NYC
9/2/12- Philly, PA
7/19/13- Wrigley
10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
10/21/13- Philly, PA
10/22/13- Philly, PA
10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
4/28/16- Philly, PA
4/29/16- Philly, PA
5/1/16- NYC
5/2/16- NYC
9/2/18- Boston, MA
9/4/18- Boston, MA
9/14/22- Camden, NJ
9/7/24- Philly, PA
9/9/24- Philly, PA
Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,808
    there are some reports that he is dead (most are saying serious condition) :? ? And lots of people are posting it on facebook. :(

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... pheadlines

http://photos.nj.com/star-ledger/2012/0 ... _85_8.html

well now i'm hearing he's in serious condition (comcast sportsnet) plus ESPN hasn't really said it yet, sorry.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • "Penn State student website Onward State has reported that Penn State players were notified of longtime head coach Joe Paterno's passing via email, and CBSSports.com went on this report. Paterno, 85, had been receiving chemotherapy as part of his treatment for lung cancer.

However, Paterno family spokesperson Dan McGinn told a New York Times reporter that the report of Paterno's demise is "absolutely not true," and Jay Paterno tweeted that his father "continues to fight." Onward State has since retracted their report."

Just looked this up. Wonder who started this all?
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    "Penn State student website Onward State has reported that Penn State players were notified of longtime head coach Joe Paterno's passing via email, and CBSSports.com went on this report. Paterno, 85, had been receiving chemotherapy as part of his treatment for lung cancer.

However, Paterno family spokesperson Dan McGinn told a New York Times reporter that the report of Paterno's demise is "absolutely not true," and Jay Paterno tweeted that his father "continues to fight." Onward State has since retracted their report."

CBS. They took the Onward State news and ran with it without checking to see if it was 100% accurate.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    "Penn State student website Onward State has reported that Penn State players were notified of longtime head coach Joe Paterno's passing via email, and CBSSports.com went on this report. Paterno, 85, had been receiving chemotherapy as part of his treatment for lung cancer.

CBS. They took the Onward State news and ran with it without checking to see if it was 100% accurate.

Some fine Journalism there. Wow....
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    too bad he won't be alive to face the charges he deserves for covering up this scandal.

too soon?
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    rival. wrote:
    too bad he won't be alive to face the charges he deserves for covering up this scandal.

too soon?

Nope. He was/is so publicly respected he should have come forward and pushed harder with the info he had.
  • rival. wrote:

too soon?

Never.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    edited January 2012
    Fuck off.

I hope people talk shit over your death bed, you pieces of shit. There is a time and place
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    DS1119 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

too soon?

Nope. He was/is so publicly respected he should have come forward and pushed harder with the info he had.
    he shouldn't be 'respected' at all..... i have no sympathy
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Fuck off.

I hope people talk shit over your death bed, you pieces of shit. There is a time and place

Me too

If i ever ignore something like this, I hope you all talk. I'd hope it was never forgotten what I didn't do.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    It is official that he has passed.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,808
    DS1119 wrote:
    It is official that he has passed.
    so i was a half day early :( RIP
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    RIP Joe Paterno. The best coach to ever live and a great legend. I don't know of anyone that did as much as he had for a university, community and people in general. He was a great man and made a huge impact on the lives of many. He is a legend and it's sad such a good person has left us.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    crazypjfan wrote:
    RIP Joe Paterno. The best coach to ever live and a great legend. I don't know of anyone that did as much as he had for a university, community and people in general. He was a great man and made a huge impact on the lives of many. He is a legend and it's sad such a good person has left us.
    :thumbup:
    rival. wrote:

too soon?
    :thumbdown:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Fuck off.

#FHP
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,536
    my wife has been saying for years that he wouldn't last 6 months after he stopped coaching. so old and it's all he knew for so long. rip joepa.
    www.myspace.com
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Horos wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    rival. wrote:

too soon?
    :thumbdown:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Fuck off.

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    RIP
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • B.KutysB.Kutys Posts: 119
    joe paterno... helping little boys get molested since 2002
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    anyone who allows child rape should rot.

he had the chance to put an end to many young boys getting raped violently in the ass by a middle aged man but did nothing about it.

they should put him in an unmarked grave.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    my wife has been saying for years that he wouldn't last 6 months after he stopped coaching. so old and it's all he knew for so long. rip joepa.
    The "Bear Bryant" Syndrome.....he retired....and lasted about month.....maybe it's the curse of the Wininngest Coach
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • arqarq Posts: 8,011
    I would never understand the adoration for the sports figures,

"let's all forget he allowed he allowed the rape of young boys and let's mourn for him because he was a great coach" WTF?

The only sad part of him being dead is the fact that he didn't pay for his crimes.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
    arq wrote:

"let's all forget he allowed he allowed the rape of young boys and let's mourn for him because he was a great coach" WTF?

The only sad part of him being dead is the fact that he didn't pay for his crimes.

...another person who just see's him as a football coach. google all the stuff he did for that university.
    www.myspace.com
    who cares what he did for a damn university?

what did he do for those victims? he kept his mouth shut and let a monster like sandusky destroy their lives.
    Davidtrios wrote:
    who cares what he did for a damn university?

what did he do for those victims? nothing.

well, thousands of people who earned a higher eduction, in part to him, care.

i get that you think he should rot in hell for doing more than the minimum that was expected of him. but, objectively, you have to acknowledge all the good things he did in his life as well.

this thread, i'm assuming by the title, is meant to mourn the man's death. if you don't want to do do that, maybe you should just continue to repeat the same old stuff you've been saying for months over and over and over again in the psu scandal thread? no? yes?
    www.myspace.com
  • arqarq Posts: 8,011
    arq wrote:

...another person who just see's him as a football coach. google all the stuff he did for that university.

So is Ok just because what he did for the university...
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
    arq wrote:
    arq wrote:

So is Ok just because what he did for the university...

absolutely not....and he did not commit any crimes by the way
    www.myspace.com
    Pointless argument jeags, after 2 months I'm done with it. A great man who made a terrible mistake, if that one mistake defines him to some, so be it, but most people understand the impact he had on so many. He will surely be missed but the lessons, the way he lived his life and the things he did for so many won't be forgotten. A sad day. More should have been done for sure, but I don't plan on ignoring the incredible things he has done for some many. Hearing Adam talifero talk on sportscenter earlier was tough to listen to, he may very well not be where he is today if it were not for the support and lessons he learned from paterno. Just one example of so many.

Rest in peace, Joe Pa.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    A great man who made a terrible mistake, if that one mistake defines him to some, so be it, but most people understand the impact he had on so many.

Making a mistake and deciding not to take legal action against a child molester or not EXACTLY the same thing.
    Charles Manson wasn't a bad man either, he simply made some mistakes.

:wtf:
    I'm done with you, dude.
This discussion has been closed.