Options

Would you rather...

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Hobbes said:
    Baling hay is Chadwick-approved.
    :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Hobbes said:
    Baling hay is Chadwick-approved.
    :lol:
    Amen!

gambo, I would choose once a year. Foreplay is underrated these days ;)

Would you rather fail miserably (in whatever is important to you) until you finally get it right, or hit it out of the ballpark the first time due to sheer luck?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rgambs said:
    It's a tough one though isn't it?  
    I mean, I guess if you've never done the job it's a no-brainer but...fuck that's a shitty job.  It's miserably hot, hard, and dusty.  Physically exhausting and wrecks your hands, arms get all rashy even if you aren't allergic.  There's spiders everywhere, crawling up your arms and down your neck...I don't miss those days.

What if I specify, no kicker, no elevator, and you are all-time ground guy?  Give me the video games, I'll work 4-12's and enjoy my other three days to the fullest.

12 hours of fun or 6 hours of grinding labour is tough for you people? #weirdos

I probably spent 12 hours with my friends in front of our nintendos by CHOICE back in our teens. when we'd rent a game for the weekend, there was almost no choice in the matter. 

We clearly had very different experiences growing up.  12 hours in front of a video game?  Sports, girls, work, family, etc...I likely maxed at an hour or two.  12 hours sounds like a gigantic waste of time, plus I don't think I could just sit there for 12 hours and not turn into a zombie.  I can do a lot of different shit in 6 hours I am not working, in this scenario.

Yeah, but how old are you?  Are we talking 12 hours of Pong? 12 hours of PacMan? 12 hours of Mario?  12 hours of online multiplayer FPS?  Huge differences lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    To be clear, i never actually spent 12 hours straight playing video games. was just responding to the choices and yes, in my early teen years me and my buddies would spend multiple hours playing (nintendo or sega, super mario series, metroid, and whatever others i can't remember now), but obviously not 12. at my age, either would be horrendous, but at 14, 12 hours of video games would be a thousand times easier (and more fun for most of it) than baling hay. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,545
    rgambs said:
    I mean, I guess if you've never done the job it's a no-brainer but...fuck that's a shitty job.  It's miserably hot, hard, and dusty.  Physically exhausting and wrecks your hands, arms get all rashy even if you aren't allergic.  There's spiders everywhere, crawling up your arms and down your neck...I don't miss those days.

What if I specify, no kicker, no elevator, and you are all-time ground guy?  Give me the video games, I'll work 4-12's and enjoy my other three days to the fullest.

I worked as a laborer on a construction crew for a summer while in college.  
    I never wanted to go back to school so badly - leading into that summer I was bored. My father had a friend that owned a construction company and I found out later that he asked that I be put on a crew and made their dog.  Asked his friend to be sure I did the worst shit jobs all day, every day.
    At that time I weighed 135 pounds and for a week I carried forms that weighed damn near what I did.
    Went to bed as soon as I finished eating dinner every night 

A lesson in humility and respect.

Would you rather work bottom rung on a construction crew or eat a piece of shit for lunch, every day for a month?
    Awww. You have such a loving Dad!

Now that I know spiders are involved in the manual labour, I change my response to video games! And don't get me started on bees!
  • Options
    Back it up!

Also, for Tish's question....down by the beach, mon!

WYR eat Beef Tongue or Lamb's Tongue as part of your meal?

Lamb.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

I probably spent 12 hours with my friends in front of our nintendos by CHOICE back in our teens. when we'd rent a game for the weekend, there was almost no choice in the matter. 

We clearly had very different experiences growing up.  12 hours in front of a video game?  Sports, girls, work, family, etc...I likely maxed at an hour or two.  12 hours sounds like a gigantic waste of time, plus I don't think I could just sit there for 12 hours and not turn into a zombie.  I can do a lot of different shit in 6 hours I am not working, in this scenario.

Yeah, but how old are you?  Are we talking 12 hours of Pong? 12 hours of PacMan? 12 hours of Mario?  12 hours of online multiplayer FPS?  Huge differences lol
    I am 46.
    Depends how old I was when this was done.
    HFD said when he was in teens.  That, for me, would have been Nintendo into Sega Genesis.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    WYR 
    Eat your favorite food at every meal until you are totally sick of it, or only get to eat it once a year?
    Every day! It's dark chocolate and a bit after every dinner would suit me fine.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

I am 46.
    HFD said when he was in teens.  That, for me, would have been Nintendo into Sega Genesis.
    also 46 here.

FRICKIN GOLDEN AXE
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Was more of a Madden & NHL player.

Lamb Tongue for the win!  (Lengua tacos are one of my faves so I would have gone beef tongue.)

Would you rather have the ability to be a great Drummer or Guitarist?

• Options
    Was more of a Madden & NHL player.

Lamb Tongue for the win!  (Lengua tacos are one of my faves so I would have gone beef tongue.)

Would you rather have the ability to be a great Drummer or Guitarist?

we got into those more when the PS1 came out. 

guitarist. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited December 2020
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

I am 46.
    also 46 here.

FRICKIN GOLDEN AXE
    Me too, B!tches!

🎸 
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    Would you rather be made to listen to Loud Reed's Metal Machine Music on repeat for 24 hours straight or watch the movie "Easy Rider" 16 times in a row (would take a little over 24 hours)?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Assuming I can do other things while listening to the music, I would go with that.

WYR read a boring book a 2nd time or read a book everyone says is the worst book of the year for the 1st time?

• Options
    Assuming I can do other things while listening to the music, I would go with that.

WYR read a boring book a 2nd time or read a book everyone says is the worst book of the year for the 1st time?

Always a second time.  Good books are like women, you have to get to know them over time to get the most out of them.

WYR chop firewood or stack it?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Always a second time.  Good books are like women, you have to get to know them over time to get the most out of them.

WYR chop firewood or stack it?
    Unchop it and then put it back in the forest.  (@chadwick RIP)

Stack it.

Also....boring books re-read can be painful.  I do re-read ones I love.

Would you rather lose a finger or toe?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    A toe. My shy one can go.

Would you rather work taking nasal swabs for covid testing or substitute teach in various schools?
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited December 2020
    Well, over here volunteers give people swab tests at a drive-through, so people can self swab in their car. I might be ok with handing across tests and giving instructions (from a distance) as long as I was wearing warm enough clothes and a mask/visor.

Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • Options
    Well, over here volunteers give people swab tests at a drive-through, so people can self swab in their car. I might be ok with handing across tests and giving instructions (from a distance) as long as I was wearing warm enough clothes and a mask/visor.

Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
    Cold, obviously.  Sweaty balls is no way to live.
  • Options
    WYR eat glass or nails?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    WYR eat glass or nails?
    i can at least attempt to chew glass. 

24 hours of light or 24 hours of dark?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,887
    edited December 2020
    24 hours of light. I am not a fan of it getting dark so early these days. I love the night but too much of it would be depressing. Just get some blackout shades for the bedroom. 

WYR have Trump as president for 4 more years or live through a zombie apocalypse?
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    24 hours of light. I am not a fan of it getting dark so early these days. I love the night but too much of it would be depressing. Just get some blackout shades for the bedroom. 

WYR have Trump as president for 4 more years or live through a zombie apocalypse?
    trump. i don't run as fast as i used to. 

WYR one year of all your favourite artists in concert and then nothing again, ever, or bands you kinda like the rest of your life?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    One year. Pretty much happened to me already. 
    Wyr
    Stretch arm strong arms or stretchy legs
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    One year. Pretty much happened to me already. 
    Wyr
    Stretch arm strong arms or stretchy legs
    Stretchy legs of course, to do the splits perhaps or more advanced yoga.  I already have bendy fingers.

WYR give lots of Christmas cards and presents (a bit like santa) ot get lots of things instead?
  • Options
    Giving of course.  That is always more fun!!!

WYR new music or your favorite band in rotation?
  • Options
    Im horrible at new music. So favourite band it is.
    WYR  live to be 100 and have no vices or crash and burn 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    live to 100 absolutely

WYR chronic back ache or head ache
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,887
    edited December 2020
    live to 100 absolutely

WYR chronic back ache or head ache
    back ache - I can't function when I have a headache.

WYR eat one small can of cat food, or eat 20 hotdogs in a row?

Post edited by GlowGirl on