Options

The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    My second-favorite southpaw!

GO, JIMI! Fuck me but what a badass. Beyond a badass.

A "BAB"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3JsuWz4xWc
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,792
    ^^^ Woo hoo! Bad ass Jimi! :-D

Here's another lesser know but giant great. It's Saturday night, rains comin' down, hope of various sorts lookin' good on the not too distant horizon, and Mr. J. B. Lenoir! Late night FEELIN' GOOD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUAT0XHsIOQ

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    muskydan said:

brianlux said:

Years ago, a friend of mine was stabbed to death in the neck outside a bar as the end result of an argument. I guess you might say that kind of thing really gets under my skin. I really fucking hope you guys work this out peacefully somehow. Until then, I'm staying clear here.

Don't sweat this Bri, just a couple drunks talking shit at the bar. He don't like me and I don't even think about him so it is what it tis. Sorry about your friend..
    Thanks Dan. It was a long time ago but one never forgets that kind of thing.

So even though I started this thread I don't feel like I own it- it's all of ours- but I've always pictured this as a place where we can come together as friends. When I worked in a counseling training program we told students to leave their baggage outside the door (be it the classroom or a counseling office). We suggested that students mentally unload all there "stuff" at the door and leave it in the hall before they enter the room. I'm not suggesting we impose rules here (that's already been done for us at "Bombs Dropping Down") but would hope we all can just save the dischord for other threads and punk records.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    This is one of my happy places (both this clip and the thread itself).

Good people here.

:peace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQKur78Qg1A&nohtml5=False
  • Options
    hedonist said:

This is one of my happy places (both this clip and the thread itself).

Good people here.

:peace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQKur78Qg1A&nohtml5=False

Ah yes! Some of the best ever! And add Mr. Waylon Jennings and we got...

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,775
    closed for review.
    This thread is supposed to be about coming together on common ground after debating in the other threads. A place that leaves that kind of stuff at the door. If someone can't do that, they're going to get bounced.
    Admin
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,775
    brianlux said:

First drink's on me. Happy Friday everyone! :D

Happy Tuesday...I'll have a Margarita, please.
    Unthought Known is playing on the Juke Box...
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Sincere apologies to muskydan for an out of the place comment that would have been better left on the cuff, I certainly don't think you are Hitler and I am sure that you enrich a lot of people's hearts in your travels through life!
    Sincere apologies to the fine folks who dig this oasis and hold it near and dear to their hearts.

I hope I have served as a reminder for us all to respect the sanctuary of the Lounge!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Cheers, gambs.

I only recently discovered the beauty of Unthought Known.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Gambs,good stuff.Im sure Dan appreciates the sentiment.
  • Options
    Hey did Kat install 2 new kegs during the shut down? I think she clean up a bit as well.Nice.
  • Options
    Did you just say Kat cleans up nice?
    =)

FYI, I'm getting these glasses, do or die.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfBGJa664ws
  • Options
    Kat said:

brianlux said:

First drink's on me. Happy Friday everyone! :D

Happy Tuesday...I'll have a Margarita, please.
    Unthought Known is playing on the Juke Box...
    You got it, Kat! And great choice of song! :smiley:

After a grueling long day in which only a fraction of what I set out to do got accomplished, this is the place to be!

Cheers all. Good to be here, my friends!

My current avatar is our cat, Annie. It's also a little tribute to our fine Moderator, Kat!
    rgambs said:

Sincere apologies to muskydan for an out of the place comment that would have been better left on the cuff, I certainly don't think you are Hitler and I am sure that you enrich a lot of people's hearts in your travels through life!
    Sincere apologies to the fine folks who dig this oasis and hold it near and dear to their hearts.

I hope I have served as a reminder for us all to respect the sanctuary of the Lounge!

Nicely done, Mr. Gambs. :smile:

A toast to all!

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited April 2016
    Edited out of respect for mods.

Let's see something refreshing yet with a nice kick. G&T tall single shot. Two limes.

Cheers.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

Let's see something refreshing yet with a nice kick. G&T tall single shot. Two limes.

Cheers.

Callen, I will tip a little Southern Comfort as a way of saluting your ability to imbibe gin, a substance that my mouth reacts to much the same way I suspect it would by attempting to drink furniture polish! :lol:

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    brianlux said:

callen said:

Cheers.

Callen, I will tip a little Southern Comfort as a way of saluting your ability to imbibe gin, a substance that my mouth reacts to much the same way I suspect it would by attempting to drink furniture polish! :lol:
    HA! I get that reaction a lot. Tell you though with some good gin. Fresh glass bottle of quality Tonic and half a fresh ripe lime squeezed in then wiped around rim of glass, it's wonderful. On hot day sipping that citrusy wonderful beverage. Can easily get away from you. And no hangover like that brown stuff y'all drink. Ha.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

brianlux said:

callen said:

Cheers.

HA! I get that reaction a lot. Tell you though with some good gin. Fresh glass bottle of quality Tonic and half a fresh ripe lime squeezed in then wiped around rim of glass, it's wonderful. On hot day sipping that citrusy wonderful beverage. Can easily get away from you. And no hangover like that brown stuff y'all drink. Ha.
    Actually my favorite hard drink is a good margarita- Cuervo gold or better, rocks not crushed ice like they in in Mexico, organic mixer, not the embalming fluid most bars use.

Second favorite drink is non-malolactic red wine. Most wines are created through malolactic fermentation. It hastens the process and some claim it enhances flavor. But we discovered a local vintner who produces wine the way it was made in Europe long ago- a more natural process that does not use malolactic acid. When paired withe the right food it is excellent and- here's the clincher- I don't get a bad headache from drinking it. Most people who get migraines from drinking wine do not get them with non-malolactic wine!

• Options
    This feels just perfect for this evening. Been too long since I got my groove on to these beautiful fish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFI82iLB_HY
  • Options
  • Options
    Here is a much needed lounge bump.I love this energy and passion.Every Sat morning needs some collective Foo Love.This one gets me .
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=JozAmXo2bDE
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Here is a much needed lounge bump.I love this energy and passion.Every Sat morning needs some collective Foo Love.This one gets me .
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=JozAmXo2bDE

Reminds me of that line, "Everyone's on the stage/ and you're the only one sitting in the audience", LOL. 500 drummers- a tinitus suffers worst nightmare, haha! Fun song though. :smile:

• Options
    From Tull's Skating Away, B?

I love Saturday morning music (good choice, rr). Too bad our condo's by-laws dictate we can't blast music before 10am.

50 minutes to go!
  • Options
    hedonist said:

From Tull's Skating Away, B?

I love Saturday morning music (good choice, rr). Too bad our condo's by-laws dictate we can't blast music before 10am.

50 minutes to go!

:smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFCtMvdWiXE

• Options
    That is my favorite version!

Part of the lyrics to Incubus' The Warmth came to mind related to a recently-closed thread, and were emphasized after just watching a show about rehabilitating abused and puppy mill dogs. Such amazing people caring for them through the process, and others adopting them. How they thrive, and vice versa.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ogokf7B4DE
  • Options
    rr, I'm watching your FF clip now. Too fucking cool.
  • Options
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    The show in Greenville was amazing last night!
    Vs!!!!!

We get back and lo and behold there is a Facebook post with my picture and about 100 people trashing us for having a baby at the show lol
    Haters gonna hate!

The funny thing is there were like a dozen people that were 100% positive it was a doll that was hiding a flask!!
    :rofl:
    :rock_on:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    levi,fuck Facebook.
    Glad SG can say that was his first show.
    I think he deserves his own 10c membership now and a chance at future tour tickets.
    Just think maybe for his 4-5th bday party he will ask for a ride to the 2019 PJ Ohio tour stop instead of a clown and bounce house.

Hedo that really is one of my favorite clips.You can feel the emotion.
  • Options
    From what I've been reading, it was a show to go down on the books, one of those truly memorable ones. So happy you were there, gambo!
  • Options
    In memory of the lovely Ms. Cole.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB8XZZzlMVQ