FS: PJ20 Billboard Print - GONE!

sonnysonny Posts: 132
edited January 2012 in Lost Dogs
GONE

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,067
    admirable of you to give forum members here a chance at it before going to ebay where you might be able to get more.
    if you can't find a buyer, i ask you to please consider the following where you could take the items in return and then sell them and hopefully make more than your $390. I wish you luck

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=180663
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    The stuff Dimi, Jason & Jose are offering is worth a hell of alot more than $390.00. Great offer if I had this print that would be my route. Good eye TEBOW ;).

admirable of you to give forum members here a chance at it before going to ebay where you might be able to get more.
    if you can't find a buyer, i ask you to please consider the following where you could take the items in return and then sell them and hopefully make more than your $390. I wish you luck

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 0&t=180663
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    The stuff Dimi, Jason & Jose are offering is worth a hell of alot more than $390.00. Great offer if I had this print that would be my route. Good eye TEBOW ;).

Was just thinking that myself but OP needs cash. What if we sell the stuff that has been pooled for Dimitris' billboard search and give the money to sonny for his print?

I'd be willing to help organize this if all parties involved agree. Let me know :D
  • Options

G-D's son Ed Vedder himself could show up on my door step calling me that and I still wouldn't change my user name to TebowVedder LOL!!
  • Options
    Great idea Su May even better what if we take the stuff that's being offered in Dimi's thread and auction it off for charity. Then the op agrees to send the PJ20 billboard to Greece & we do a little Holy Grail fundraiser to cover the $390.00? Not sure Dimi's had a Grail if so oh well who says people only get what they want once ;).

Suziemay wrote:

Was just thinking that myself but OP needs cash. What if we sell the stuff that has been pooled for Dimitris' billboard search and give the money to sonny for his print?

I'd be willing to help organize this if all parties involved agree. Let me know :D
  • Options
    cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    Great idea Su May even better what if we take the stuff that's being offered in Dimi's thread and auction it off for charity. Then the op agrees to send the PJ20 billboard to Greece & we do a little Holy Grail fundraiser to cover the $390.00? Not sure Dimi's had a Grail if so oh well who says people only get what they want once ;).

Suziemay wrote:

I am in...It is always nice to see some get their "Grail"...Even if it is twice... ;)
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    I'm in for the grail Idea :)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,742
    arq wrote:
    +1
  • Options
    Thank you guys for the response, Su May and I have a few ideas to get this done. More info will be posted soon.
    Robley
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Keep us posted...I'll throw down too! :D
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Ok, PMed everyone with the prints, now waiting to hear back.

The plan is to sell the prints that were being offered for trade + collect money from anyone willing. $390 will be sent to sonny for the Billboard. Billboard goes to Dimitris. Overage to next Holy Grail or charity -- I'm leaning towards Holy Grail but then felt a tad bit selfish when I saw White Discussion's mention of charity :oops: :oops: Will keep everyone posted.
  • Options
    Don't feel selfish, most people can't afford their Holy Grails so it's still going to charity :lol:
    Suziemay wrote:

The plan is to sell the prints that were being offered for trade + collect money from anyone willing. $390 will be sent to sonny for the Billboard. Billboard goes to Dimitris. Overage to next Holy Grail or charity -- I'm leaning towards Holy Grail but then felt a tad bit selfish when I saw White Discussion's mention of charity :oops: :oops: Will keep everyone posted.
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    pdalowsky wrote:
    arq wrote:
    +1

Good idea making everyone happy and working together! I'm in for the HG contribution.
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,882
    Suziemay wrote:

Great idea! I pmed you back!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    Is Sonny going to hold PJ20 till this can all shake out...Do we need to lock it up before all the sales of the other posters and money is all gathered...Sonny said he was needing the digits... 8-)
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • Options
    I talked to him and believe we will have enough posters sold to cover the money by deadline :).
    cjzoly wrote:
    Is Sonny going to hold PJ20 till this can all shake out...Do we need to lock it up before all the sales of the other posters and money is all gathered...Sonny said he was needing the digits... 8-)
  • Options
    Great idea Su! Count me and I will do what I can to help :)
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Count me in!
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,867
    In. Would love to help D get this poster.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Mission aborted. I will refund everyone's money tonight :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Suziemay on
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,655
    ok... so no offense to everyone here that is trying to buy this for Dimi, and raising money for charity, but....

This poster is less than a month old, with it's original purchase price, like $75 or something... right?

I thought flipping wasn't allowed around here, yet we're all banding together to help this guy flip his poster???

Something is not right here...

I mean "I need cash" doesn't really justify flipping this.... if we're not going to flame this guy to death like so many others, there needs to be a real "take a step back and look at yourselves" moment around here...

I mean, I love Dimi too, and certainly would help him out... but helping someone flip their poster is certainly not the way to do it right?
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Well, speaking for myself...I'd say since he is offering it here...and he's offering it for less than anyone on ebay or EBeans...and it's for Dimi...and there seems to be no shortage of help...I'm fine with it. :D
    Besides, he's selling a whole lot more than just the poster...Shit comes up sometimes. If he was constantly selling "new" releases, I'm sure things would be different.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    shep wrote:
    ok... so no offense to everyone here that is trying to buy this for Dimi, and raising money for charity, but....

This poster is less than a month old, with it's original purchase price, like $75 or something... right?

I thought flipping wasn't allowed around here, yet we're all banding together to help this guy flip his poster???

I mean "I need cash" doesn't really justify flipping this.... if we're not going to flame this guy to death like so many others, there needs to be a real "take a step back and look at yourselves" moment around here...

I mean, I love Dimi too, and certainly would help him out... but helping someone flip their poster is certainly not the way to do it right?

can you find one for the original purchase price? This is the going rate, whether you think it's a flip or not.

This is the price, and some people need to realize that even a month down the road, stuff won't be sold for face value.
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    shep wrote:

This
  • Options
    Okay everyone, I jumped the gun a little bit. Dimi doesn't want the poster this way either. I suspected as much but was trying to capitalize on the excitement. I will refund everyone's money back who has already sent me money.

Sorry to get everyone's hopes up!!! Sonny, sorry we can't buy the poster but hopefully you will find someone else who can.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,742
    I don't see how paying $390 is any different to offering a bunch of posters worth more than $390 but that's just me

Kudos to my friend Su May for trying to do good
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I don't see how paying $390 is any different to offering a bunch of posters worth more than $390 but that's just me

Precisely Paul! Its just different currencies
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    pdalowsky wrote:

:clap: :thumbup:

"why now making poster getting difficult?"
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    sonnysonny Posts: 132
    sorry to offend anybody...but i did read the guidelines and from what i am reading it explains that anything from Ten Club is flipping... also, there are plenty of other people selling items that certainly are not being sold at face value or original price...but again, don't want to cause any trouble... Holy Grail mission aborted...another transaction/trade pending...thx all.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

Precisely Paul! Its just different currencies

I agree with both