People that don't wash their hands should be shot...

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    brianlux wrote:
    I always wash my hands- especially in public bathrooms- to protect myself as much as to protect others. I even use my shirt sleeve to open and close the door if it's one I can't shove open with my foot or elbow. Call me germophile, but I think it all started in a pscyh class in which the prof informed us about the germ factor in public bathrooms. He even pointed out that when you flush a public toilet- especially one that doesn't have a full lid, the flushing action atomizes the germs with water vapor into the air. I often hold my breath and squint (eyes are a mucous membranes) after flushing and then get the heck out of there!

And I always keep my fingers out of my eyes, nose and mouth!

What, me a germophile? :lol:

(And, no, DS, I would only do that if I had enough alcohol in my piss to pickle a frog!)

:lol:
  • are you ok thoughts arrive? You seem in a very angry mood this evening...
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    conman wrote:
    i was taught that in a combat situation, if you need a sterile dressing... piss on sterile gauze and it is still sterile :? :sick:

I'll tell you what, if I was wounded, having some piss on my gauze wouldn't matter to me.
    all the Marines i've talked to wouldn't mind either... if i'm gonna save their lives, i'll piss where ever i want to :lol:
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    brianlux wrote:
    I always wash my hands- especially in public bathrooms- to protect myself as much as to protect others. I even use my shirt sleeve to open and close the door if it's one I can't shove open with my foot or elbow. Call me germophile, but I think it all started in a pscyh class in which the prof informed us about the germ factor in public bathrooms. He even pointed out that when you flush a public toilet- especially one that doesn't have a full lid, the flushing action atomizes the germs with water vapor into the air. I often hold my breath and squint (eyes are a mucous membranes) after flushing and then get the heck out of there!

And I always keep my fingers out of my eyes, nose and mouth!

What, me a germophile? :lol:

(And, no, DS, I would only do that if I had enough alcohol in my piss to pickle a frog!)

True, I haven't taken into account how nasty public restrooms are.

I won't even flush the toilets with my hand. I use my foot.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,707

I won't even flush the toilets with my hand. I use my foot.

Yeah, that one too!

Say, how did we get on to this subject anyway? What's next? An ontological discussion of anal retention? :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,966
    Gob wrote:
    tallman72 wrote:
    I have recently been working at an abatior installing Dyson blade hand dryers, Wednesday I spent the whole day in the men's toilet bloke and let me tell u what a disgusting thing human beings are, half of the men didn't wash there hands after a wee or a poo. And they were all Asian, Indian, Arab, makes me realLy wanna eat meat. And the storys the cleaned told me would make u puke.
    Whatever did humans do before the advent of plumbing.. How did we survive!

We didn't really. When handwashing was discovered as a good thing, the life expectancy was probably 40 years, tops. Flu outbreaks, cholera, plague, etc. Here's a history timeline:

http://www.handwashingforlife.com/files/10_point_history_lesson.pdf

My tips: wash you hands BEFORE picking your nose, rubbing your eyes, and sucking your fingers. If you do that, you're free to touch away..
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    'Sometimes I do sometimes I don't. You know when I wash them? When I shit on them and that only happens 2 or 3 times a week.' RIP George
    #FHP
  • Anyone see that episode of snl with Steve Buscemi a few weeks ago where the detective accused him of never washing his hands? "I use purell." "Liar!!"
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    This is gross but true and one of the many reason hands need to be washed,not to an OCD level but certainly after using the toilet and before food.

I was in a cafe,the waitress was handling/serving all sorts of food.I went to the bathroom and she was in there,she bought a tampon from the dispenser and went into the toilet,she came out having, I assume used the tampon,she checked her hair and makeup but left without washing her hands :sick:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Gob wrote:
    You guys are OCD germaphobes! :lol:

If you don't get pee on your hands, touching your penis is no different than any other part of your body.. That said, piss is sterile.

I'm no germaphobe but I know damn well that when my balls/dick are sweaty and wreak of dirty vinegar, that shit aint as clean as lets say, my elbow.

that said, I wash my hands every time Im done in the bathroom. But I really dont care if a guy doesn't. I dont find it gross. If people in the 1800's survived off of bathing in dirty water, then I'm sure a "dirty" hand isnt going to kill us.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    wreak of dirty vinegar,

Have you been teabagging the salad again? :P
  • are you ok thoughts arrive? You seem in a very angry mood this evening...

Perfectly fine.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,869
    You may not have peed on yourself, but did you avoid the urine/fecal plume?

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/time-wa ... flush.html
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • will be good if at public toilets had that Antiseptic bottles they use to have at hospitals..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • why do I need to wash my hands after I take a leak?

I mean come on... I washed my dick this morning... so everything's cool people!
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,707
    Anyone see that episode of snl with Steve Buscemi a few weeks ago where the detective accused him of never washing his hands? "I use purell." "Liar!!"

AHHH! I missed it. Steve Buscemi... :thumbup: !
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux wrote:
    Anyone see that episode of snl with Steve Buscemi a few weeks ago where the detective accused him of never washing his hands? "I use purell." "Liar!!"

AHHH! I missed it. Steve Buscemi... :thumbup: !

They'll probably rerun it at some point. Best episode of the season so far though, lol
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    DS1119 wrote:
    wreak of dirty vinegar,

No, but somebody told me you like to toss the salad. :P
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    DS1119 wrote:
    wreak of dirty vinegar,

:o
    DS1119 wrote:
    wreak of dirty vinegar,

lol-032.gif
  • number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    I wash my hands in the shower in the morning. That is about it. I teach school and I am around snotty, nasty kids all day. I live on a farm which involves many outside "chores" that sometimes leave me a little less than clean. I also often backpack for extended periods of time which requires me to go without a shower, much less washing my hands with soap. How many times a year do I get sick? Zero. Last time I went to the doctor for being sick? Can't even remember. I think I was like 19 or something and my mom was making me wash my hands after I went to the loo. :lol:
  • -Emma--Emma- Posts: 2,864
    I think it's gross when people don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom!

When I'm working I wash my hands quite frequently throughout the day, as I work with young children. Not only to follow the workplace policies, but also to protect my own health. I'm exposed to all sorts of illnesses and I don't have paid sick leave, so if I get sick then it costs me $. Then I also risk bringing home illnesses to share with my family.

I don't use hand sanitiser, but I do use soap and water.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Lot of filthy fucks in this thread.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah, blahblah!

BLAH! ( :x )

blah blah blah :shock:

blah......blahBLAHblah blah blah :ugeek:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,239
    The dirties thing i came across this past Holiday season was the hand rail of the moving scalator's in dept store next time you're on one take a look , there is everything on the rail snots,kids crap, saliva ...Fucking germ mine field ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Gob wrote:
    I've heard, toilet seats have less germs than the bathroom door handle.. Is that true?

so.. Unless you don't touch the handle door on the way out, you might as well have been playing with someone else's shit.

i heard toilet seats can be more sterile than a person's toothbrush :shock:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Oh please.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I wash my hands in the shower in the morning. That is about it. I teach school and I am around snotty, nasty kids all day. I live on a farm which involves many outside "chores" that sometimes leave me a little less than clean. I also often backpack for extended periods of time which requires me to go without a shower, much less washing my hands with soap. How many times a year do I get sick? Zero. Last time I went to the doctor for being sick? Can't even remember. I think I was like 19 or something and my mom was making me wash my hands after I went to the loo. :lol:

You wash your hands every morning.

You are officially the cleanest person in TN. :):mrgreen:;)
  • number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    Wilds wrote:

You wash your hands every morning.

You are officially the cleanest person in TN. :):mrgreen:;)

I know, right?
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I'm with you. It is not radical science that washing your hands helps prevent spread of illness. If hand washing wasn't a good idea, why do doctors do it before surgery and between visiting patients?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008