People that don't wash their hands should be shot...

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Yesterday at work, one guy walks out of the toilet without washing his hands then presses the elevator button, yuck.
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    My male friends don't wash their hands and then start eating dip, chips etc that I've made for everyone. I get angry. The last time our mates were over for a birthday do, I put a sign on the wall saying "Wash your hands!!!" and then kept asking "Did you wash your hands?" haha As the night went on and everyone got more and more drunk, they started replying with "Oh nuh I forgot." How do you forget?! Disgusting!

I don't want to be tasting your dick while I'm eating a carrot stick and dip thanks!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    One guy even replied with "I didn't piss on my hands though." Wtf? You still touched your penis!!!

I then said "Did you ever consider that I have my period and changed a tampon in there and had blood all over my hands and then pushed the button to flush and all those bloody germs are now on your hand and in your mouth since you are eating." Should have seen the look on his face. :lol: It was all a big gross lie of course but it got the point across.

Some men are disgusting.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    edited January 2012
    You guys are OCD germaphobes! :lol:

If you don't get pee on your hands, touching your penis is no different than any other part of your body.. That said, piss is sterile.
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    edited January 2012
    Ok, 1st of all let me set the record straight that I do wash my hands EVERY TIME but tbh I've never understood it(diff for guys I suppose), my hand touches NOTHING unsanitary when I go to the bathroom(except the door handle in unisex loos). It touches a bit of toilet paper that then touches my hoogy do 'germs'(?) or 'girl juice'(?) get through the toilet paper somehow onto my hands? NO THEY DON'T so ytf do women need to wash their hands after toilet(in countries that use toilet paper)???

e.t.a. except at 'that time of the month' of course when my hand/finger has touched EVERYTHING & so definitely needs to be washed!
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    edited January 2012
    Gob wrote:

If you don't get pee on your hands, touching your penis is no different than any other part of your body.. That said, piss is sterile.

pee is only sterile to it owner

I am glad to be called OCD in the handwashing dept...I wash everytime I go, before I prepare food, during food prep, and first thing when I come home from a day out.

You wouldn't want to find out your dental professional didn't wash their hands before they treated you... :sick:
    Post edited by ShimmyMommy on
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
    edited January 2012
    Gob wrote:

I've heard, toilet seats have less germs than the bathroom door handle.. Is that true?

so.. Unless you don't touch the handle door on the way out, you might as well have been playing with someone else's shit.
    Gob wrote:

I know the 'piss is sterile' thing however it is only sterile until it gets into the outside world at which point all sorts of bacteria(?) latch onto it & start doing their thing. Sure, if you were in the wild somewhere, had an open sore & nothing to treat it peeing on it might be better than nothing butttt......
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • everyone needs to wash their hands... it doesn't use a lot of water, doesn't take a lot of time and is respectful to everyone you come in contact with. Why wouldn't you!?
    and I've heard that when you flush the germs travel up to five feet.... eww... that's why you should cover your toothbrush
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
    Gob wrote:
    Gob wrote:

I've heard, toilet seats have less germs than the bathroom door handle.. Is that true?
    Heard that too & makes sense to me. Toilet seat cleaned thoroughly however often, door handle cleaned????
    <hr>
    edited January 2012
    everyone needs to wash their hands... it doesn't use a lot of water, doesn't take a lot of time and is respectful to everyone you come in contact with. Why wouldn't you!?
    and I've heard that when you flush the germs travel up to five feet.... eww... that's why you should cover your toothbrush
    or have your toilet in a separate room to your shower/sink/where you wash your teeth.
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Gob wrote:

i was taught that in a combat situation, if you need a sterile dressing... piss on sterile gauze and it is still sterile :? :sick:
    everyone needs to wash their hands... it doesn't use a lot of water, doesn't take a lot of time and is respectful to everyone you come in contact with. Why wouldn't you!?
    In our million year evolution, soap has only been around for barely 100 years... It IS healthy for us to expose ourselves to germs.. It builds your immune system.. When you kill off every single germs, you leave room for germs to evolve to be soap resistant..
  • morello wrote:
    or have your toilet in a separate room to your shower/sink/where you wash your teeth.

if you can afford to remodel
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
    People.. Plumbing wasn't common until the 1920s.. What the fuck did we ever do in the millions of years before that to survive..

Soap was once cow fat, and isnt even natural now, even harmful to humans..

so ask yourself, what is normal?

I'm not saying if you've got some shit on your hands to not wash it off, but come on.. Germs are everywhere.. Welcome to life. :P
  • are you playing devils advocate or are you serious?
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293

I'm pretty sure that is false. It's sterile regardless.

With that said, wash your hands if you take a shit.
    Gob wrote:
    Gob wrote:

so.. Unless you don't touch the handle door on the way out, you might as well have been playing with someone else's shit.

i use a clean paper towel and hold the door, then dispose of it when I get out. Yes...I might just be a little OCD there...
    are you playing devils advocate or are you serious?
    We did not evolve to use soap.. I do wash my hands, but only for good reason.

I shower twice a day. My car according to friends is "morbidly clean".. I have OCD, but not when It come to Germs, and I never get sick.. People I know who freak out about germs are always getting sick.. Go figure.
    conman wrote:
    i was taught that in a combat situation, if you need a sterile dressing... piss on sterile gauze and it is still sterile :? :sick:

I'll tell you what, if I was wounded, having some piss on my gauze wouldn't matter to me.
  • tallman72tallman72 Posts: 353
    I have recently been working at an abatior installing Dyson blade hand dryers, Wednesday I spent the whole day in the men's toilet bloke and let me tell u what a disgusting thing human beings are, half of the men didn't wash there hands after a wee or a poo. And they were all Asian, Indian, Arab, makes me realLy wanna eat meat. And the storys the cleaned told me would make u puke.
    Gob wrote:
    are you playing devils advocate or are you serious?
    We did not evolve to use soap.. I do wash my hands, but only for good reason.

I shower twice a day. My car according to friends is "morbidly clean".. I have OCD, but not when It come to Germs, and I never get sick.. People I know who freak out about germs are always getting sick.. Go figure.

I rarely get sick... may once in a couple years...hand-washing comes with being in the dental field and being a mom...I just can't see not doing it...
    tallman72 wrote:
    I have recently been working at an abatior installing Dyson blade hand dryers, Wednesday I spent the whole day in the men's toilet bloke and let me tell u what a disgusting thing human beings are, half of the men didn't wash there hands after a wee or a poo. And they were all Asian, Indian, Arab, makes me realLy wanna eat meat. And the storys the cleaned told me would make u puke.
    Whatever did humans do before the advent of plumbing.. How did we survive!
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I don't want to gross anyone out here but I never leave the restroom without pissing on my hands. I rub it in almost like hand sanitizer. Anyone else?
    Gob wrote:
    tallman72 wrote:
    Whatever did humans do before the advent of plumbing.. How did we survive!

Holes in the ground.

:lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I don't want to gross anyone out here but I never leave the restroom without pissing on my hands. I rub it in almost like hand sanitizer. Anyone else?

It's a little medical secret.

• klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    i dont touch anything. just unzip and freestyle.
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Believe it or not I heard one of the most compelling arguments about washing your hands from Howard Stern probably 15 years ago.

I think the discussion came up with the final answer that urine and general bathroom germs were not any worse than any other things you might pick up during a normal day.

But Howard's point was, you're in there, there is a sink, "It's just a good time to wash your hands".

It is a fact that you get sick from germs you pick up while out and about. So washing your hands is a good idea in general.

What better moment than the 3-7 times you are standing directly next to a sink.

Now what I don't understand are men who wipe their boogers on the wall next to the urinal.

Really? That is the best place to do that?

Not a tissue, napkin, toilet paper. On the wall.

And what kind of establishment doesn't make it a point to wash those walls daily.

I'll tell you what kind. Most of them. Those dried boogers remain month after month, year after year.
  • Degenerate pigs.
    It should be a crime.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Degenerate pigs.
    It should be a crime.

Freedom of choice?

:D
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,707
    I always wash my hands- especially in public bathrooms- to protect myself as much as to protect others. I even use my shirt sleeve to open and close the door if it's one I can't shove open with my foot or elbow. Call me germophile, but I think it all started in a pscyh class in which the prof informed us about the germ factor in public bathrooms. He even pointed out that when you flush a public toilet- especially one that doesn't have a full lid, the flushing action atomizes the germs with water vapor into the air. I often hold my breath and squint (eyes are a mucous membranes) after flushing and then get the heck out of there!

And I always keep my fingers out of my eyes, nose and mouth!

What, me a germophile? :lol:

(And, no, DS, I would only do that if I had enough alcohol in my piss to pickle a frog!)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.