Options

Public ignorance to pj

124»

Comments

• Options
    Personally i like it the way it is.As said befofe its hard enough to get tickets as it is .I remember when bands like the foos (witch i have liked from the beginning) and kings of leon (prefered there earlier stuff)were not as big as they are now and would say to people in work that i liked there now song and would get a reply like whos that they sound crap.............fast forward a few years now there super fans just because they started to hear them on the radio and everyone likes them now so its cool to like them now :evil: Dont want that to happen to pearl jam want to keep it real ;)
  • Options
    heyjoseheyjose Melbourne, Australia Posts: 503
    Dmcneice wrote:

All my friends, my girlfriend and basically anyone i know (apart from my parents) dislike Pearl Jam.

Which means i only get to listen in private, or when i visit my parents, who are avid fans of them as well.

Ooh, red flag? :D

I'm lucky that my gf likes the band quite a lot now, after a bit of brainwashing. She's seen them live twice with me and appreciates how great a band they are, in many aspects.

Interested to know what your gf listens to, whether it's alternative/indie or pop..
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• Options
    When someone get in my car and wants to control the music.... searching for any no PJ cds, they told me:
    "You dont have anything not related to this PJ music" answer: "Yes, i have a CD with the original songs covered by PJ"
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    When someone get in my car and wants to control the music.... searching for any no PJ cds, they told me:
    "You dont have anything not related to this PJ music" answer: "Yes, i have a CD with the original songs covered by PJ"
    :lol::lol:
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    I dont know if its my proximity to Seattle, but my local station rocks Pearl Jam and I know a lot of fans.

I listen to the radio a lot at work, its always tuned to our rock station. Jeremy, Alive, Even Flow, Given To Fly all get steady play. Even on our Indie rock station Betterman, Daughter, Elderly Woman all get regular rotation. They even play a lot of deep cuts, Why Go, Dissident, Glorified G, Once, Whislist, Blood, Spin the Black Circle and Rearviewmirror I've all heard in the last week or two.

For the amount I know that love them,I only know one or two that don't. Like I said, it may be my proximity to Seattle, but Vancouver is no small city and they are loved here.

Im proud to say I am one of the few 'hometowners' (I call myself that loosely) to be making the trip to Europe.
  • Options
    yes i know what re thinking now.
    everybody easily said i am fan. but only like part of album/songs or love much very with band?
    i found some different and unique love in pearl jam. and i proud of this. but somehow it became part of my live living in vein
    - "I wish I was a messenger, and all the news was good" -