the hobbit the movie Dec 2012

124»

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Yeah i thought all three LOTR movies were solid A's or A+'s and this was a strong B.

It felt like an extended editon... they could have left more onthe editing floor but otherwise i'm happy.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    It felt like an extended editon... they could have left more onthe editing floor but otherwise i'm happy.

Totally agree. I couldn't believe how long that scene at Bilbo's house went on for. This should really be two two-hour movies. I think that would be perfect. Such a bizarre choice to make another trilogy given the size of the this book compared to the three LOTR books. Still, it was nice to be back to Middle-Earth again. If nothing else, I just marvel at the settings in these Jackson/Tolkien movies. I think a lot of stuff could have been left out of this, but those panoramic aerial shots aren't among them. And like the previous trilogy, the acting was again top-notch. Martin Freeman is a great Bilbo. His dwarf company, Thorin in particular, were all great. And so were Gandalf,Gollum, Elrond, and the other returning characters.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    We went to see The Hobbit today.

It was long, but I liked it. I didn't realize it was going to be part of another series though!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Loved it. Can't wait to watch it a couple more times or til November when the Extended cut should come out.

Cool to see they got Ian Holm to play old Bilbo and how they took it right up to the LotR movies. Wish they would've made the ring finding line up a little better with the scene in LotR, but I guess they can't be perfect.

I was expecting the house scene to go on longer, with the above complaint. It felt longer with the whole prologue, but it seems like it goes longer in the book.

All the dwarves were pretty cool, but I wish they would've introduced the whole clan better. I got Thorin, Dwalin, Balin, Bombur, Kili and Fili, but the rest are kinda cloudy.

Glad there's no dwarf princess that helps them on their way and they stayed pretty close to the book. Since it's 3 movies, I'm gonna be miffed if they leave anything out. The goblin troop trailing them and Radagast are both fine additions that add something other than walking to help make it 3 movies.

Seems like they set a pretty good pace to pretty well tell the whole story. Be interesting where they make the cutoff point for the next one.