LADIES, KEEP YOUR VOICES DOWN.

13»

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    dankind said:

Wobbie said:

hey, juggs....regis retired about 5 years ago. still, I feel your pain.

Wobbie knows this because he and Regis are roomies at the assisted living facility.

The nurses avoid that room like the plague.
    Wobbie has the plague?
    www.myspace.com
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834

dankind said:

Wobbie said:

hey, juggs....regis retired about 5 years ago. still, I feel your pain.

Wobbie knows this because he and Regis are roomies at the assisted living facility.

The nurses avoid that room like the plague.
    Wobbie has the plague?
    He was patient zero back in the 14th century.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Why is the TV on during the day? Seriously -- why?? Turn on some music instead (try jazz or reggae in the mornings).

I don't get, can't stand, daytime TV. I also don't get the idea of leaving the room (or the house) and not turning off the TV. I used to go to a Y that had an adults-only locker room, with televisions. Some women would turn on the TV for the five minutes it took them to change into exercise clothes (why?!?), then leave for the cardio room WITHOUT turning off the television. Ugh.

So, five years after you started this thread, I suggest at the very least asking your wife to turn off the idiot box before leaving for work. I assume that she expects you to put the toilet seat down when you are done using it, it's not unreasonable to ask her to turn off the TV when she is done with it. But, over the holiday break, maybe suggest using that time in the morning to spend time together talking, cuddling, organizing the pantry, doing anything that's easier to do without television.

....I believe, sir or madam, you are in more of an uproar over this than the OP...
    LOL... dissociating much? ;-)

Nah. I know how to use those "mute" and "off" buttons on the remote. And I'm female (to the relief of the aforementioned locker room denizens, no doubt).
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    I think It's only a case of mass psychoses the "light version" They do what they think is expected of them.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    edited December 2016

Why is the TV on during the day? Seriously -- why?? Turn on some music instead (try jazz or reggae in the mornings).

I don't get, can't stand, daytime TV. I also don't get the idea of leaving the room (or the house) and not turning off the TV. I used to go to a Y that had an adults-only locker room, with televisions. Some women would turn on the TV for the five minutes it took them to change into exercise clothes (why?!?), then leave for the cardio room WITHOUT turning off the television. Ugh.

So, five years after you started this thread, I suggest at the very least asking your wife to turn off the idiot box before leaving for work. I assume that she expects you to put the toilet seat down when you are done using it, it's not unreasonable to ask her to turn off the TV when she is done with it. But, over the holiday break, maybe suggest using that time in the morning to spend time together talking, cuddling, organizing the pantry, doing anything that's easier to do without television.

....I believe, sir or madam, you are in more of an uproar over this than the OP...
    LOL... dissociating much? ;-)

Nah. I know how to use those "mute" and "off" buttons on the remote. And I'm female (to the relief of the aforementioned locker room denizens, no doubt).
    Thanks for stopping by. Your input into this most serious issue is...invaluable.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    it's a large pile of stink, stank, stunk - all those hysterical bullshit audiences screaming it up like no tomorrow. it's something i dislike greatly to be perfectly honest. late night tv can be just as annoying as the daytime shows. 92.7% of all audiences are basically fucking stupid as shit
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce