LADIES, KEEP YOUR VOICES DOWN.

The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
edited November 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
:x

why is it that all morning talk show studio audiences, filled mostly with members of the female gender, feel the need to scream and shrill at the top of their lungs over the most mundane things...at such an early hour in the morning?

my wife gets up before me and always leaves the tv in the living room tuned to good morning america. depending what time i wake up, i'm subjected to women screaming for the weather report on gma, shrilling for some jerk off celebrity on live with kelly ripa, or going gaga over some mediocre meal that rachael ray is preparing...don't get me started on what happens on the view.

i don't get it. i know they're told to cheer at certain times. but do they have competitions to see who can scream the loudest and make a bigger jack ass out of themselves?

what is it about these shows that drives women so crazy?

inquiring juggling minds want to know.
www.myspace.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• how do you kill a circus?

Get it in the juggler

Thank you. Thank you. I'm here all week!!
    RDS Dublin - Aug 26 1995 (Neil Young with Pearl Jam)
    Millstreet Arena - Oct 24, 1996
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 20 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 26 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 16 2014
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    how do you kill a circus?

Get it in the juggler

i don't appreciate what you are suggesting, sir.
    www.myspace.com
  • how do you kill a circus?

Get it in the juggler

LMAO!!! Google Comedian Peter Kay for more like it!
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I like Kelly Ripa.
  • Change the channel. :roll: ;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    how do you kill a circus?

Get it in the juggler

LMAO!!! Google Comedian Peter Kay for more like it!

no. tell comedian peter kay to google me.
    www.myspace.com
  • i don't appreciate what you are suggesting, sir.

LMAO!!! Google Comedian Peter Kay for more like it![/quote]

no. tell comedian peter kay to google me.[/quote]

As the monkey from the simpsons on rollerskates who came back from space super-intelligent said..

"Erm, no. I don't think we'll be telling him that."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFSiuEM-toA
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
    shut it, ladies...
    www.myspace.com
  • shut it, ladies...
    shhhhh
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,755
    pay him no mind, hes on his manperiod.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    shut it, ladies...
    shhhhh

it
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    DS1119 wrote:
    I like Kelly Ripa.

pippa? :lol::lol:

To answer your question, Sir Juggler... I have NO idea. But I agree with you. I am also the girl who has a Star Jones dart board. Don't get me started on that one.
    mickeyrat wrote:

Manstrating? Manses?
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I like Kelly Ripa.

pippa? :lol::lol:

To answer your question, Sir Juggler... I have NO idea. But I agree with you. I am also the girl who has a Star Jones dart board. Don't get me started on that one.
    mickeyrat wrote:

Manstrating? Manses?
    yep, with no benefit of relief like Midol.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    mickeyrat wrote:

that stuff is nothing but speed. I suggest a heating pad and some red wine.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

that stuff is nothing but speed. I suggest a heating pad and some red wine.
    well, his face IS red and it sounds like whining to me. Oh hes a full of hot air too. :mrgreen:

• OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514
    edited November 2012
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    you'd be screaming too if you're face was 90% botox and you swallow diet pills like they're chicklets
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    norm wrote:
    you'd be screaming too if you're face was 90% botox and you swallow diet pills like they're chicklets
    :lol:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    dear the jeagler,

i liked your name before this one.
    the end.

here is your oprah free stuff video as requested
    thank you and have a good evening.
    enjoy.
    http://youtu.be/-vXqEJSI0_c

your pal,
    chad w.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • norm wrote:
  • I thought maybe this would fit in here:
    "The high rising terminal (HRT), also known as uptalk, upspeak, rising inflection or high rising intonation (HRI), is a feature of some accents of English where statements have a rising intonation pattern in the final syllable or syllables of the utterance [...] It has been suggested that the HRT has a facilitative function in conversation (i.e., it encourages the addressee to participate in the conversation), and such functions are more often used by women. It also subtly indicates that the speaker is "not finished yet", thus perhaps discouraging interruption [...]. Its use is also suggestive of seeking assurance from the listener that she is aware of what the speaker is referring to. [...] In the United States, the phenomenon of HRT may be fairly recent but is an increasingly common characteristic of speech especially among younger speakers [...]" Took this from wikipedia.

I read and heard about this before, and thought it is quite interesting. I am a woman, but when I speak German, I use another intonation. I observed myself slightly using that kind of rising intonation when I speak English, though.
    When I spent a semester in Finland, I was under the impression that Finnish women do the exact opposite of HRT. They are talking "under their breath" in a way and I still wonder why. Interesting stuff ...
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    Network tv morning shows are on my pet peeve list too. Who actually enjoys watching this crap?
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,893
    :x

why is it that all morning talk show studio audiences, filled mostly with members of the female gender, feel the need to scream and shrill at the top of their lungs over the most mundane things...at such an early hour in the morning?

my wife gets up before me and always leaves the tv in the living room tuned to good morning america. depending what time i wake up, i'm subjected to women screaming for the weather report on gma, shrilling for some jerk off celebrity on live with kelly ripa, or going gaga over some mediocre meal that rachael ray is preparing...don't get me started on what happens on the view.

i don't get it. i know they're told to cheer at certain times. but do they have competitions to see who can scream the loudest and make a bigger jack ass out of themselves?

what is it about these shows that drives women so crazy?

inquiring juggling minds want to know.
    I'm sure there's a bunch of reasoned and thoughtful talk on that philly sports talk radio you listen to. hell, you probably call in ;)

"honey, turn down kelly...I'm calling my boys again"
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i'd rather listen to the drunk screaming meemies on morning tv than 3 milliseconds of sports radio...that's the shit they play in satan's waiting room
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Leeze wrote:
    I thought maybe this would fit in here:
    "The high rising terminal (HRT), also known as uptalk, upspeak, rising inflection or high rising intonation (HRI), is a feature of some accents of English where statements have a rising intonation pattern in the final syllable or syllables of the utterance [...] It has been suggested that the HRT has a facilitative function in conversation (i.e., it encourages the addressee to participate in the conversation), and such functions are more often used by women. It also subtly indicates that the speaker is "not finished yet", thus perhaps discouraging interruption [...]. Its use is also suggestive of seeking assurance from the listener that she is aware of what the speaker is referring to. [...] In the United States, the phenomenon of HRT may be fairly recent but is an increasingly common characteristic of speech especially among younger speakers [...]" Took this from wikipedia.

I read and heard about this before, and thought it is quite interesting. I am a woman, but when I speak German, I use another intonation. I observed myself slightly using that kind of rising intonation when I speak English, though.
    When I spent a semester in Finland, I was under the impression that Finnish women do the exact opposite of HRT. They are talking "under their breath" in a way and I still wonder why. Interesting stuff ...

just saw a news spot about 'the new trend' in speaking...'vocal fry'. Like when Kim K is talking in a gravely smoker's voice. A little like the Valley Girl. Apparently it's really annoying to some people, and they are studying it to see if it affects the vocal chords since you have to strain your voice to get the effect.
    Now I am noticing it almost everywhere... :?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Somehow when I think of intonation, this comes to my mind :lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQEURPny39s
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    It is my husband who turns on CNN most of the time and I can't stay in the room with it. I feel like most people talk too loudly and too much, not just women.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    chadwick wrote:
    dear the jeagler,

i liked your name before this one.
    the end.

here is your oprah free stuff video as requested
    thank you and have a good evening.
    enjoy.
    http://youtu.be/-vXqEJSI0_c