Options

Columbia Show

Comments

• Options
    HatfieldHatfield Posts: 122
    I'll be there with a small crew. I hope SC gives them the love. I'm afraid we'll get a standard set like the one they threw at PJ_GA and me last time they played Birmingham but I'm ready to see any Pearl Jam I can!

At lest we'll all be close!
    '96 - 10/5
    '98 - 9/1 9/4 9/18
    '00 - 8/6 8/7 8/15 8/17 9/5
    '03 - 4/9 4/15 4/19 7/11 7/12
    '04 - 10/6 10/8
    '05 - 9/11 9/12 9/13 9/15
    '06 - 5/27 5/28 7/7 7/13 7/18 7/22 7/23
  • Options
    PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
    Well, I'm sure it'll be kick ass either way! Besides, the ones in Atlanta and Little Rock made for the one in B'Ham ;)
    ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
    Hatfield wrote:
    I'll be there with a small crew. I hope SC gives them the love. I'm afraid we'll get a standard set like the one they threw at PJ_GA and me last time they played Birmingham but I'm ready to see any Pearl Jam I can!

At lest we'll all be close!

I was worried about that too. Now that I think about it though, they really didn't have to play any shows this year, right? They aren't supporting an album or anything like that. They are just playing to play. So, they want to play for us in SC. And since its only a 10 date tour, I doubt any show will be standard. I just don't see why they'd play some place on a tour if they weren't gonna give it their all.
  • Options
    oldncpjoldncpj Posts: 17
    Anyone familiar with the area that can give good recommendations for a laid back casual bar to hit after the show?
    1991 - Chapel Hill, NC
    1992 - Raleigh, NC
    1996 - Charlotte, NC
    1998 - Barrie, Ont; Raleigh, NC; VA Bch, VA
    2000 - Charlotte, NC; Greensboro, NC
    2003 - Raleigh, NC; Charlotte, NC
    2004 - Asheville, NC
    2005 - Calgary, Alb; Edmonton, Alb
    2006 - Camden, NJ x2
    2008 - Columbia, SC; VA Bch, VA
  • Options
    ruffianruffian Posts: 15
    You don't find out your 10C seats until the day of the show when you pick them up. But, I'd take that stress any day over relying on TM...especially with the random few rows, TM doesn't randomly put you in the first row (or they haven't for me anyway!). ;)

thanks--haven't used 10c tix before!
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    oldncpj wrote:
    Anyone familiar with the area that can give good recommendations for a laid back casual bar to hit after the show?
    Any place in the Vista except Club RA would probably be a good place to go. The Vista is within walking distance of the Colonial Center.

http://www.vistacolumbia.com/maincategory.asp?Search=Dining

Of those listed, I like the Wild Hare and the Oyster Bar. They're always laid back whenever I've gone there.
  • Options
    Perfect, exactly what I was looking for.
    Appreciate it.
    1991 - Chapel Hill, NC
    1992 - Raleigh, NC
    1996 - Charlotte, NC
    2004 - Asheville, NC
    2006 - Camden, NJ x2
  • Options
    ruffian wrote:
    thanks--haven't used 10c tix before!

GODUKEBEATTHEM is a hottie hottie with a naughty body...

lmao
  • Options
    PJ_GA wrote:
    GODUKEBEATTHEM is a hottie hottie with a naughty body...

lmao

What an ass PJ_GA is, he's so lucky to have godukebeatthem as a friend and he doesn't even know it.... ;)
  • Options
    tremorvoidtremorvoid Posts: 528
    PJ_GA wrote:
    WHERE"S THE LOVE!?!?!?!

Who's going to be there?!

I figure i'll get awesome seats seeing that NO ONE is talking about this show!

thats exactly why im going! im excited!!

will most likely be flying into savannah and then spending the weekend on the ocean before the show...still looking for great scenic places to spend my time...or other cool places i should check out. i already got some suggestions about a tybee island. any others?
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    hmmm...June can't get here soon enough
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Driving up from Bonnaroo.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    daystar143daystar143 Posts: 367
    I'll be there!

me and Kabong

That's great...Tybird and I will be there, too. I'm thinking about the Courtyard, but my heart is still with some funky bed and breakfast somewhere.

What did ya'll decide?
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
  • Options
    edit
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
  • Options
    manhattanmanhattan Posts: 258
    I'm coming down from NYC. I planned to stay at the Clarion. It looks really close to the venue. Who else is staying there? We could walk over together.
  • Options
    More than likely I will be staying there too. Hopefully more of us will be too.
  • Options
    manhattanmanhattan Posts: 258
    Now I've changed my mind -- I'll be staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Columbia Downtown. Anybody else?
  • Options
    Yep, staying at the Courtyard with my buddy from Calgary, Alberta who is flying in for 2 shows. Appears to be a pretty nice hotel. Looking forward to it - never been to Columbia.
    1991 - Chapel Hill, NC
    1992 - Raleigh, NC
    1996 - Charlotte, NC
    2004 - Asheville, NC
    2006 - Camden, NJ x2
  • Options
    I booked rooms at both places - Clarion and Courtyard. I'll decide later how much I want to spend on a room. Courtyard charges $10 a day for parking!
  • Options
    kyleugakyleuga Posts: 3
    Why isn't the Columbia show on Ticketmaster yet? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am confused. This will be my first show in over ten years so I do not want to miss out on some good seats. I can't wait!
  • Options
    ballbagballbag Posts: 69
    kyleuga wrote:
    Why isn't the Columbia show on Ticketmaster yet? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am confused. This will be my first show in over ten years so I do not want to miss out on some good seats. I can't wait!

don't know why it's not on there yet, but it will be. anyway, it's on live nation's website:

http://www.livenation.com/search/intermediateSearch/searchstring/pearl%20jam/
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Staying at the Embassy Suites. I'ts 3 miles away, which obviously isnt walking distance, but they have a great free happy hour!
  • Options
    kyleuga wrote:

It goes on sale, April 4th
  • Options
    porch4294porch4294 Posts: 123
    Making the drive over from Atlanta as well.
    Not sure which hotel yet.
    Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    kyleuga wrote:

I have my 10c purchace, but I too am a little concerned for my friends who are getting public tix. Ticketmaster has other april 4th dates listed and there is a headline that says "We do not have events scheduled in South Carolina" above the dates listed. I guess we'll see tomorrow....
    Ba Ba Booey
  • Options
    jam_fanjjam_fanj Posts: 46
    I am driving from Raleigh the day of the show. I think my Fiance and I are going to drive an hour and a half to Florence SC after the show and stay the night. I hope that this will break up our trip to Virginia Beach and make it a little shorter.
  • Options
    I'll be coming in from Mass. also! Going to this show and Virginia Beach, plus hopefully...Hartford and Mansfield here.

Christopher

"How many more Oswalds did they have out there, ready to go"?

I too am coming from Mass. 19 Hour ride.... then hittin VB, Camden x2, D.C., Hartford and Boston x2!
    Hatford '96 Albany '03 Boston 1 '98 Uniondale '03
    8/29/00 8/30/00 Boston 1, 2, 3 '03 Boston 1, 2 '04
    Montreal '05 Ottawa '05 Albany '06 Hartford '06
    Boston 1, 2 '06 Columbia, SC '08 Virginia Beach '08 Camden 1, 2 '08 Washington D.C. '08 Hartford '08
    Boston 1, 2 '08
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I'm driving down from CT. I'll leave here Sunday, arrive in Columbia for the show on Monday, drive to VA Beach for that show on Tuesday, and back home on Wednesday. I have to figure out where I'm staying in Columbia. This will be my first time seeing a concert in South Carolina...not a bad way to start!
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    kyleugakyleuga Posts: 3
    Hey yall, figured it out. The reason they are not Ticketmaster is TICKETS ARE NOT GOING TO BE SOLD ON TICKETMASTER FOR THIS SHOW. They will be sold on The Colonial Center website. Click here for details..... http://www.thecolonialcenter.com/events/eventpages/84.asp

Tell everyone who does not have tickets yet not to go to Ticketmaster online or outlets. Only on sale via The Colonial Center website. Hope this clears it up for those who were worried like myself.
  • Options
    Good call! Also, you must create an account with the colonial center website before making your ticket purchase.
    Ba Ba Booey