Options

Columbia Show

PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
edited May 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
WHERE"S THE LOVE!?!?!?!

Who's going to be there?!

I figure i'll get awesome seats seeing that NO ONE is talking about this show!
ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    I will :)

Got the tix.

Can't wait. A new venue to me.
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• Options
    I will :)

Got the tix.

Can't wait. A new venue to me.

Same here, I'm about an hr south of Atlanta. Good 4 hr trip!
  • Options
    faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    PJ_GA wrote:
    Same here, I'm about an hr south of Atlanta. Good 4 hr trip!

Yeah, it's about four hours from me as well. However, I'll be arriving from West Palm Beach with a slight detour through Tampa :)
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• Options
    huck5huck5 Posts: 91
    Sweet, looks like we'll all be sitting next to each other!

Heading over the mountain from Oak Ridge, Tennessee to Columbia. Of course, I'll be coming in a covered wagon while wearing overalls.

:-)
  • Options
    huck5 wrote:

Heading over the mountain from Oak Ridge, Tennessee to Columbia. Of course, I'll be coming in a covered wagon while wearing overalls.

nice....
  • Options
    florence151florence151 Posts: 597
    Flying in from Massachusetts. Where is the best place to stay in Columbia? Is there a good place within a mile of the venue?
    Hold On
  • Options
    Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    It's about time they get back in the south again. Too bad they couldn't come closer to Georgia. Probably has to do with some Bonaroo no compete 30 day clause or something.
  • Options
    releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    huck5 wrote:

I am coming from Morristown. Maybe we can get a wagon train.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Options
    balwal78balwal78 Posts: 74
    3 to 3.5 hours on I-20 East from Smyrna, GA.
    Shows Attended:1996-09-28|1996-09-29|1998-08-29|1998-09-18|2000-09-02|
    2000-10-08|2000-10-09|2003-04-19|2003-04-28|2003-05-03|2005-09-15|
    2005-09-16|2008-06-16|2008-06-19|2008-06-20|2008-06-22
  • Options
    ballbagballbag Posts: 69
    Flying in from Massachusetts. Where is the best place to stay in Columbia? Is there a good place within a mile of the venue?

i got a room at the Courtyard by Marriott Columbia Downtown. it's like 1 block from the colonial center. i couldn't find any other hotels that were walking distance on the internet. also, the colonial center is right beside usc.
  • Options
    Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
    I'll be there! Coming from Kingsport, TN for my first PJ show! I'm stoked
  • Options
    florence151florence151 Posts: 597
    ballbag wrote:
    i got a room at the Courtyard by Marriott Columbia Downtown. it's like 1 block from the colonial center. i couldn't find any other hotels that were walking distance on the internet. also, the colonial center is right beside usc.

Thanks for the information but I already found one across the road from the venue. It is the Clarion Hotel Downtown.
    Hold On
  • Options
    erik768erik768 Decatur, GA Posts: 117
    Anyone have an idea on what time I would need to leave Atlanta to get to the show on time factoring in rush hour traffic? Trying to avoid taking a full vacation day to go to show since I'll already be using 3 days going to the WPB and Tampa shows.
    PJ
    2003 Tampa 2004 Kissimmee 2007 Chicago 2008 West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia 2009 Toronto, Chicago 1-2, Philadelphia 3-4 2010 New Orleans 2011 PJ20/East Troy 1-2 2012 Atlanta 2013 Baltimore 2016 Miami, Greenville 2018 Boston 1 2020 St. Louis 2022 Nashville, St. Louis 2023 Noblesville, Austin 1-2 2024 Chicago 1-2
    EV
    2009 Atlanta 1-2 2012 Jacksonville
  • Options

I'll be coming in from Mass. also! Going to this show and Virginia Beach, plus hopefully...Hartford and Mansfield here.

Christopher

"How many more Oswalds did they have out there, ready to go"?
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    I'm there!. Straight from bonnaroo =]
  • Options
    hump de bump
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    I live in Columbia, well the suburbs actually, but work right there by the Colonial Center. I was shocked when I saw Columbia as the location. I guess the Colonial Center pr people weren't lying when they said they wanted to attract bigger and better concerts to the arena.

I've got my tickets and I'm really excited about this show!!!
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    For those looking for a hotel within close proximity of the Colonial Center, go here http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=hotels&near=Columbia,+SC&fb=1&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=image

Zoom in close enough that you can read all of the street names and find the ones marked as D or the funny looking one for the Hilton. The Colonial Center is bordered by Gadsden, Greene, and Lincoln Streets. So, obviously, the hotels I used to zoom in to are the closest and those are the Hampton Inn (D) and the Hilton Columbia (funny looking H). The Clarion (B), Marriott (E), and the Inn at Claussen's (H) are within walking distance, but are a pretty good workout....plus, be careful of Columbia drivers if you walk from one of those as the drivers here aren't exactly the best. At B and H, you could cut through the U of SC campus and that wouldn't be quite as bad fighting traffic.

All those except for the Inn at Claussen's are major chains that you know their reputation. I've never stayed at Claussen's, so I have no idea of the quality, but the walk to the Colonial Center isn't bad if you go through campus. I used to live two blocks closer at a USC dorm on Barnwell and routinely made that trek for basketball games.

Edit: just looked at that map again and it appears that the Hilton may not show up as that was a sponsored link and those aren't always the same. If that's the case, it's in that same vicinity on Senate St between Park St and Lincoln St.
  • Options
    GavrocksGavrocks Posts: 33
    ballbag wrote:

Firstly - yay, Pearl Jam in South Carolina!

Secondly - the Courtyard by Marriott is a great hotel. Not only is it close, but it's recently renovated & great value. I stayed there last October, nice part of town as well, near USC.

Can't wait for this show - same lineup as when I saw thme back home!
    Ten Club Member: 342***

10/11/06 - Brisbane, QLD, Australia
    14/6/08 - Manchester, TN, USA
    16/6/08 - Columbia, SC, USA
    20/11/09 - Melbourne, VIC, Australia

"Such a perfect Island, tucked away in the sea.
    The real land of the free, do you hear me?"
  • Options
    Gavrocks wrote:
    Firstly - yay, Pearl Jam in South Carolina!

Secondly - the Courtyard by Marriott is a great hotel. Not only is it close, but it's recently renovated & great value. I stayed there last October, nice part of town as well, near USC.

Can't wait for this show - same lineup as when I saw thme back home!

FYI--$139.00 per night.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Options
    releeseme wrote:
    FYI--$139.00 per night.

lmao, exactly
  • Options
    PJ_GA wrote:
    lmao, exactly

I would love to stay that close, but come on...I was hoping for half of that. Its gonna cost that much or more for gas there and back. Oh well looks like I am staying 15 miles or so away...
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Options
    red0dotred0dot Posts: 5
    PJ_GA wrote:
    WHERE"S THE LOVE!?!?!?!

I'll be there. Only show I can afford at this time.
    #114XXX
    "Northwest meets Southeast. I hope you've enjoyed the altercation". -Atlanta, 09/01/98
  • Options
    i'll be there, va. beach, camden, dc and hartford...no idea how i'm pulling this off yet, but COME ON - when are they going to come this far down again?

STOKED.

-t.
  • Options
    I'll be there!

me and Kabong
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    ruffianruffian Posts: 15
    i notice there are still presale pairs available for SC--did everyone score decent seats? trying to figure out if i should wait for the general sale so I can at least see where i'd be!
  • Options
    PJ_GA wrote:
    WHERE"S THE LOVE!?!?!?!

You know I'm excited, I practically had to beat you up to get you to go, lol! Love ya! :) This will hopefully be an amazing show...it's coming up on five years since our first show (Birmingham!!) and I'm desperately pining for more PJ...wish I could go to Tampa :(
  • Options
    ruffian wrote:
    i notice there are still presale pairs available for SC--did everyone score decent seats? trying to figure out if i should wait for the general sale so I can at least see where i'd be!

You don't find out your 10C seats until the day of the show when you pick them up. But, I'd take that stress any day over relying on TM...especially with the random few rows, TM doesn't randomly put you in the first row (or they haven't for me anyway!). ;)
  • Options
    I'm coming from Alabama for the Columbia show...although I'm taking the scenic route of West Palm, Tampa and Manchester, TN first!
    Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something...don't you do it too
  • Options
    Big EdBig Ed Posts: 331
    I'll be there - only 3 hour drive for me. I would love to meet any of you early. I plan to be there by 3:00 at the latest.
    Ignoring Rusted Signs