What's your latest album re-discovery.

13»

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:
    I was back at my parent's house earlier this week and I came across some of my Dad's cd's. I came across this one which was mine!!! My dad snagged one of my discs...that ratfuck!! :lol: He was one cool guy. :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QexOuH8GS-Y&ob=av2e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFvQgG4Gx-g

8-)
  • Mer De Noms - A Perfect Circle
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,699
    DS1119 wrote:
    I was back at my parent's house earlier this week and I came across some of my Dad's cd's. I came across this one which was mine!!! My dad snagged one of my discs...that ratfuck!! :lol: He was one cool guy. :thumbup:

Ohhhh yeah- very cool! The Bear, The Owl, The Sunflower, The Mole, Fito and later, The Snake. Those guys were very cool! :D

Speaking of The Snake, I remember seeing Harvey Mandel early on in the Bay Area around 1970 and years later at the Cotati Cabaret in Cotati, CA around '89 or so. That guy was still smokin'! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Mer De Noms - A Perfect Circle

:thumbup:
    brianlux wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Ohhhh yeah- very cool! The Bear, The Owl, The Sunflower, The Mole, Fito and later, The Snake. Those guys were very cool! :D

Speaking of The Snake, I remember seeing Harvey Mandel early on in the Bay Area around 1970 and years later at the Cotati Cabaret in Cotati, CA around '89 or so. That guy was still smokin'! :D

Very under rated band IMO. They could lay some grooves. 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsRUi51QWM4
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I LOVE rediscovering albums. Lately I've been listening to alot of stuff I havent in a while.

Animal Collective- Merriweather Post Pavilion, Strawberry Jam, Feels. The last two are just such happy and obscure albums, they just put you in a good mood. MWPP is just a trippy orgasm of sounds

MGMT- both of their albums. First one is typically amazing, 2nd one was surprisingly better after havent hearing it for a year.

Blind Melon- all 3 albums. Just great fucking chill rocking hippie music.

edit: oh and AiC-Dirt. Havent listened to that one in years. Made me remember why they used to be my favorite band. So dark and heavy. Laynes voice is so haunting.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • I LOVE rediscovering albums. Lately I've been listening to alot of stuff I havent in a while.

Animal Collective- Merriweather Post Pavilion, Strawberry Jam, Feels. The last two are just such happy and obscure albums, they just put you in a good mood. MWPP is just a trippy orgasm of sounds

MGMT- both of their albums. First one is typically amazing, 2nd one was surprisingly better after havent hearing it for a year.

Blind Melon- all 3 albums. Just great fucking chill rocking hippie music.

edit: oh and AiC-Dirt. Havent listened to that one in years. Made me remember why they used to be my favorite band. So dark and heavy. Laynes voice is so haunting.

i like your style! I used to have most of these albums until two years ago. long story!

I can't believe that it has been so long to say that I'm "re-discovering" it... but Wincing the Night Away by The Shins is a fucking masterpiece. It takes me back to the time before I lost all of my albums, a time I hate to love and love to hate (cliche, I know).
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    There are doctors and then there's fucking surgeons. From 4:47 he performs brain surgery!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWLw7nozO_U
  • CTD10CTD10 Posts: 351
    Sticky Fingers... lately I am listening to this album non stop. Love it.
    ctd
  • frazbafrazba Posts: 601
    CTD10 wrote:

Had that on full blast yesterday on a rare alone in the house occasion, hadn't played it in years, an unbelievable album, it's probably my favourite Stones LP
  • CTD10CTD10 Posts: 351
    frazba wrote:
    CTD10 wrote:

Had that on full blast yesterday on a rare alone in the house occasion, hadn't played it in years, an unbelievable album, it's probably my favourite Stones LP

Yeh pretty sure it's my fav Stones album also...every song on it is awesome.
    ctd
  • Aga81Aga81 Posts: 808
    Well after almost two years I found my beloved Notre Dame de Paris musical soundtrack and it made me crazy once again :). It was nice to find it and listen... all good memories came back :roll:
    Some may ask, "Why act now? Why not wait? - The answer is clear. The world could wait no longer

04.07.2012 ~ Berlin
    31.07.2012 ~ London
  • Pretty much every R.E.M. album. I really took it for granted when I saw them in 2008! I wasn't a big fan like I am now.
    Pretty much every R.E.M. album. I really took it for granted when I saw them in 2008! I wasn't a big fan like I am now.

I rediscover any one of a number of favorite R.E.M. albums on a fairly regular basis. But of course, eventually all listening to that band leads back to Murmur. What break through that one was!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• brianlux wrote:
    Pretty much every R.E.M. album. I really took it for granted when I saw them in 2008! I wasn't a big fan like I am now.

I rediscover any one of a number of favorite R.E.M. albums on a fairly regular basis. But of course, eventually all listening to that band leads back to Murmur. What break through that one was!

Oh yeah, it's great stuff.

I've listened to Automatic For The People several times a day for the past few weeks and I haven't gotten sick of it.

A couple of days ago I listened to it 7 times. No joke! :-P
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    edited March 2012
    I recently listened to Spacemen 3's album 'The Sound of Confusion' again after about 20 years of first hearing it. It's a cool record.

For all the pot & acid-heads out there, check this out:

Little Doll (Stooges cover): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz4DtwX_sgg

Mary Anne: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDa15eyunxU

Rollercoaster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gfyvKdE6oU

Hey Man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVIl-rVz ... re=related
    Post edited by Byrnzie on
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    The Wall- Pink Floyd
    Hadn't listened to it in such a long time. Masterpiece ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    or maybe that's not the name of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTjsOzeIpc0
  • I recently listened to The Beatles while album from start to finish again. Reinstilled the notion that my parents didn't $%#@ up raising me on this band and classic rock starting at the age of seven. Thanks, Mom & Dad.
    05/19/06 Grand Rapids, MI
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
    09/03/11 Alpine Valley, WI
    09/04/11 Alpine Valley, WI
    I recently listened to The Beatles while album from start to finish again. Reinstilled the notion that my parents didn't $%#@ up raising me on this band and classic rock starting at the age of seven. Thanks, Mom & Dad.

:thumbup: :clap:

My latest:

BlueTrain.jpg

• brianlux wrote:
    I recently listened to The Beatles while album from start to finish again. Reinstilled the notion that my parents didn't $%#@ up raising me on this band and classic rock starting at the age of seven. Thanks, Mom & Dad.

:thumbup: :clap:

My latest:

BlueTrain.jpg

Nice!
    That never strays too far. When I need to mellow out nothing does me right like Coltrane. This album, and Kind of Blue (w/Miles Davis) are my two favorites.
    'Lazy Bird' is fantastic - hear that tune all of the time by other artists.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    This is a tough one, I love so much of the early 90's music that I listened to in high school.

I'd have to say one for sure would be Alice in Chains: Jar of Flies. From the first notes of the album, it's just great and lasts all the way through.

Also would say Stevie Ray Vaughan: The Sky is Crying. I wish I could have seen him play live just 1 time before he died. Probably my favorite guitarist of all time.

Oh, and also from the 90's the first Rage Against the Machine album. That one always get's me pumped up!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    Led Zeppelin - In Through the Out Door

I forgot this album and all these songs even existed somehow, even as a big LZ fan ... and I'm so glad I rediscovered it, because I'm way older now, and can appreciate it a lot more now than I did when I was younger, because back then I remember thinking it was just too different from their other stuff; I appreciate it because of that now (I always thought it was underrated though).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata