What's your latest album re-discovery.

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Down!! their first album.. It is great start to finish. Phil is god and I can't believe this left my rotation for sooo long!

:clap::clap::clap:

They're working on a new one right now, and according to Kirk, it's the heaviest stuff they've done yet! Can't wait!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    DS1119 wrote:
    The Band is the one band that makes me wish I was born twenty years before I actually was. Such talent. They are appreciated and under appreciated at the same time. Just awesome!! :thumbup: :clap:

Have you been to a one of Levon's rambles in Bearsville? You have got to go to one if you haven't yet. It's only an hour from you and Levon is amazing. My parents live about 20 minutes from there and go whenever they can. I can't wait to go to one. :D
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    I have trying to get my mom to listen to Daniel Johnston for about 15 years. Last night I finally got her to watch The Devil and Daniel Johnston. She finally got it and then we spent hours listening to Hi, How Are You and Yip/Jump Music. It has been awhile since I really listened and it was so great to "re-discover" it with her. :D

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    The Band is the one band that makes me wish I was born twenty years before I actually was. Such talent. They are appreciated and under appreciated at the same time. Just awesome!! :thumbup: :clap:

Have you been to a one of Levon's rambles in Bearsville? You have got to go to one if you haven't yet. It's only an hour from you and Levon is amazing. My parents live about 20 minutes from there and go whenever they can. I can't wait to go to one. :D

People have been trying to get me to go for years and I can never seem to make it work. I should. Let's face it, he's not getting any younger.
    DS1119 wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

People have been trying to get me to go for years and I can never seem to make it work. I should. Let's face it, he's not getting any younger.

He is not getting younger that's for sure... but he is like a fine wine. :D

• I recently acquired this killer
    collection of 60s music.
    America, Herman's Hermits,
    the Byrds, Chuck Berry...
    It reminds me of driving with my dad when
    I was a young 'un,
    listening to AM radio.
    Not sure if this really counts,
    but I had to throw my 0.02$ in.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    DS1119 wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RjqcTsxx-8

FYI...The Last Waltz is on the Palladia channel Thursday night night at 9:00!!!

Thanks for mentioning this, I'll be looking it up tonight!

And speaking of Daniel Johnston... I just started listening to him again a couple days ago. How ironic he was mentioned on here. :)
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    Ohhh yeah know the feeling. I pods have destroyed the concept of an album, and now stuff get put on and never heard in the mass amount of songs on the pod....

My rediscovery was/were:

Faith No More- The Real Thing
    Live- Throwing Copper----remember when they got lumped into Alt Rock?
    Metallica- And Justice For All
    NIN- Broken
    RHCP- Blood Sugar Sex Magic
    Pumpkins- Siamese Dream
    Soundgarden- Superunknown
    Temple Of The Dog- thank you PJ20
    Midnight Oil- Diesel and Dust

just a few super shuffle has awakened
  • BandogBandog Posts: 44
    Quicksand-Slip
    That band freakin' rocked. Rival Schools, Walter's later band is very good as well.
    Found this CD today in my garage. Forgot how awesome this song is. I don't think I've heard it for at least five years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBFdX37Qpnk
    Cranking ELO through the headphones right now. It doesn't get better than this. :D

Audio is A+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWjhra0k ... re=related
  • Gish by The Smashing Pumpkins
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    DS1119 wrote:

Hell ya. He's awesome live even though he can't really walk... Kind of stood there in awe of the beautiful noises coming from the guitar.
    DS1119 wrote:

Hell ya. He's awesome live even though he can't really walk... Kind of stood there in awe of the beautiful noises coming from the guitar.

8-)
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

8-)

Jeebus... He's 86 now :lol:

Still touring...

Still touring...

I was thinking of his age when you mentiond it. The only time I saw him was 1987 and he couldn't walk then!! :lol:8-)8-)
    DS1119 wrote:

Still touring...

I was thinking of his age when you mentiond it. The only time I saw him was 1987 and he couldn't walk then!! :lol:8-)8-)

I wasn't alive in 1987...

:-P
    Lets see... I rediscovered CCR. Willy and the Poor Boys, Pendulum, Green River, and Bayou Country.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Most people think EC when they hear Cream but all I hear is Ginger Baker.

Really? Interesting... I hear Jack Bruce.

That's awesome! I'm just a fan of Ginger Baker because I'm not sure there has ever been someone as constantly stoned as him that played the drums so well. :lol::lol:
    :lol:
    An all time favourite of mine from the age of 11. The ONLY band I hear (on their live records) where you can clearly hear all 3 instruments, and get totally engrossed in them all at the same time.
    DS1119 wrote:

Still touring...

I wasn't alive in 1987...

:-P

Little snot nosed brat!! :lol:
    The Oracle wrote:
    An all time favourite of mine from the age of 11. The ONLY band I hear (on their live records) where you can clearly hear all 3 instruments, and get totally engrossed in them all at the same time.

:mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6wGUkP70jc

2:40 on it's Ginger time! This man will be greeting me at the gates. :mrgreen:

8-)
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,699
    DS1119 wrote:
    The Oracle wrote:

8-)
    Excellent! I wish I'd seen these guys when I had the chance!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

8-)

My post kind of inferred he's passed away...which he hasn't...I'm assuming I will outlive him at this point. I guess you never now. :?
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,699
    DS1119 wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

8-)

My post kind of inferred he's passed away...which he hasn't...I'm assuming I will outlive him at this point. I guess you never now. :?
    As far as I can tell, Ginger Baker is still alive though I can't find any references to what he's up to these days. A while back I read that for a while he had an olive orchard in Italy. Or was that just some weird dream I had? :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Grateful Dead.... American Beauty (and Workingman's Dead... self-titled... and Wake of the Flood... and lots of live shows.... basically I'm a dirty Dead Head I guess)
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    DS1119 wrote:

8-)

Cream never goes out of style. I dig!! :D
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    John Coltrane-A Love Supreme

Simon and Garfunkel-Bridge Over Troubled Water

Nina Simone-Best of

Pearl Jam-Yield
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    I was back at my parent's house earlier this week and I came across some of my Dad's cd's. I came across this one which was mine!!! My dad snagged one of my discs...that ratfuck!! :lol: He was one cool guy. :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QexOuH8GS-Y&ob=av2e