What's your latest album re-discovery.

brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,699
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Do you ever but on a record or CD that you haven't heard in a long time and it knocks your socks off all over again? For some reason I hadn't heard Neil Young/Pearl Jams "Mirror Ball" in a good long while and when I put it one today it was like plugging my brain directly into 20,000 volts of rock 'n roll ecstasy. Whew!!

What's your latest re-discovery?
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I get that way a lot with Cream. Something with that band...I don't know. Most people think EC when they hear Cream but all I hear is Ginger Baker.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Down!! their first album.. It is great start to finish. Phil is god and I can't believe this left my rotation for sooo long!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • an album I'm sure very few (if any) people on here know but I recently came across my copy of The Jaynes' "Shop Front Windows", made me hunt our my other albums by them. If you ever see a copy of one of their albums pick it up because they were a great and much under-rated Aussie band (adelaide but I can forgive them that) and the albums are really hard to come by now.
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Spacehog----so good.....brings me back to high school
  • Black4Black4 Posts: 59
    Gotta go with Madseason. Layne and Mike were awesome together
  • Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger. Hadnt listened to it in a long time and Wow. Awesome!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • just realised you can listen to some of the jaynes songs online @ sound cloud because Greg is computer savvy.
    http://soundcloud.com/greg-kavanagh you can also download what he's got there... and you don't have to sign up or anything
    totally recommend downloading the demo for all the colours in the world
    http://soundcloud.com/greg-kavanagh/all ... he-world-1
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • 7RayZ7RayZ Posts: 488
    edited December 2011
    Sawyer wrote:
    Spacehog----so good.....brings me back to high school
    :lol: In the Meantime...

we love thee, all the all of you.... but "we just like you"

Some great lyrics in that tune.

I just did Pink Floyd's Animals awed more by that album than The Wall.
    Post edited by 7RayZ on
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Great thread/post! Have to go searching... :lol:
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Listen to The Cure Wild Mood Swings, totally forgot how the album takes you on a ride of emotions! Such a fun album.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Most people think EC when they hear Cream but all I hear is Ginger Baker.

Really? Interesting... I hear Jack Bruce.
  • I forgot how awesome Sgt. Peppers is.
    DS1119 wrote:

That's awesome! I'm just a fan of Ginger Baker because I'm not sure there has ever been someone as constantly stoned as him that played the drums so well. :lol::lol:
    Stones...right now for us! )
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

That's awesome! I'm just a fan of Ginger Baker because I'm not sure there has ever been someone as constantly stoned as him that played the drums so well. :lol::lol:

Not a big fan of his drumming but his ability to keep a beat whilst cheesing his balls off was incredible. Something my drummer can't do... How am I going to finally kick him out? That's for another day. :lol:

Not a big fan of his drumming but his ability to keep a beat whilst cheesing his balls off was incredible.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,699
    DS1119 wrote:
    I get that way a lot with Cream. Something with that band...I don't know. Most people think EC when they hear Cream but all I hear is Ginger Baker.
    Great pick! One day while walking along some railroad tracks I found a five dollar bill. I went straight to the local record store and bought two new records that had just come out- Cream's "Fresh Cream", and Jimi Hendrix "Are You Experienced" and never looked back.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Doors now! :D
  • Lately I have been listening to Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young "So Far"...pretty much a Greatest Hits album but brilliant nonetheless!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • iammine16 wrote:
    Lately I have been listening to Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young "So Far"...pretty much a Greatest Hits album but brilliant nonetheless!

Mmm. yes. An excellent choice. I still remember the first time I heard it. My 8th Grade history teacher played the LP in class :D
    Every 5 or 6 months I rediscover this album and especially this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jsMNq7QcEI
  • 7RayZ7RayZ Posts: 488
    Ever pull out an album, thinking, "Wow, havent heard this in a long time, its pure awesomeness!"

Only to spin it and say,"WTF was I thinking? " .... happens all the time stumbling long forgotten tunes :lol:
    7RayZ wrote:
    Ever pull out an album, thinking, "Wow, havent heard this in a long time, its pure awesomeness!"

Only to spin it and say,"WTF was I thinking? " .... happens all the time stumbling long forgotten tunes :lol:

Last time I did that it was a Jon Spencer Blues Explosion album. Don't know what the hell I was thinking.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Pink Floyd Animals
  • DS1119 wrote:
    7RayZ wrote:

Last time I did that it was a Jon Spencer Blues Explosion album. Don't know what the hell I was thinking.

Aww, I loved JSBE. I wonder if I pulled out 'Orange' and listened to it again if I would kick myself. I dont even have a copy anymore. In college I would play 'Bell Bottoms' at 10 on my shitty CD system and tweak the speakers.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I was in Chinatown Coffee Co, Washington, DC this morning, and Led Zepplin was playing over the speakers. I recognized a lot of the songs, so I'm thinking it was a particular album . . . I just don't know the title. Hearing it reinforced that I was in the right place at the right time. Next the staff played Radiohead's Amnesiac. Very cool!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    In Utero...listened to it almost daily in college, then got away from it. always thought it was about getting fucked up and being sad. now as a dad i believe its about fatherhood, and struggling to be a good one while getting fucked up and being sad.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RjqcTsxx-8

FYI...The Last Waltz is on the Palladia channel Thursday night night at 9:00!!!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,699
    DS1119 wrote:

:clap: :thumbup:

brianlux wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

:clap: :thumbup:

The Band is the one band that makes me wish I was born twenty years before I actually was. Such talent. They are appreciated and under appreciated at the same time. Just awesome!! :thumbup: :clap: