Pearl Jam Positivity Thread

Comments

• SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    I wish I was as fortunate
    As fortunate as Me.

Thanks PJ!
    :mrgreen:
  • Pearl Jam makes me happy :)
    The music, the band, the community , the people. Yay!!
    Pearl Jam has created such great memories for me and I am excited for more to come! I can't wait for a possible US Tour!! :D
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    I'm just waiting for the Alpine bootleg/DVD...come on DVD...
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Pj21 ?!?!?!..... :D
    I say now that the band has hit a 20yr mark, they should make this an annual Pj Birthday event. Why not? They deserve it and we deserve it. Why wait another 5-10yrs? Life is too short! Besides, I don't know anyone that had a bad time despite the crappy weather for most of the weekend. I know my girl and I would be there! Shout Out to the peeps at the Countryview Campground.
  • I think/believe/guess/reckon/gather that positivity/positiveness/positivedom/positivehood lies (lie-lay-lain) also on our attitude towards the fellow jammers, some are into vinyl, some aren't, some are into dvd, some aren't, some are into both, some are into neither.

There were a tot of bitching about everything, many couldn't get what they wanted, and they bitched about it a lot, and I understand the continous btiching is quite depressing, but there were a lot of bitiching about the bitching as well, and that is what struck my attention the most, I was very surprised how mean many members became towards others members opinions and feelings.

Expressing your complaints and disappointment is welcome, but behaving like spoit kids, insulting, putting 10C employes and members down is not cool, you can do it in a respectful manner, and the rest who could get what they wanted or didn't care about stuff should be more polite and sympathetic towards the rest who weren't so lucky and without disregarding the person, or his/her opinions and feelings...

And of course I am excited about the new album, every day, every month, every year, and the next reissue as well, and I'm still waiting for something, whatever it may be, about AV, since I could not afford to go, needless to say how much excited I am for the next show in my country...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• what? so much for positivity land thread? bump

• deftonesdeftones Posts: 2,444
    Hello my friends

I am a new member in 10c from September but i read the forum for at least 3-4 years. I just want to say this...remember the first time you heard a PJ song, the first time you have been in a show , all the great moments you had listening to their music...waiting for a new album...greetings to all of you i wish you a great PJ 2012...Kostas from Thessaloniki - Greece
    PS Excuse my English :oops:
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • deftones wrote:
    Hello my friends

I am a new member in 10c from September but i read the forum for at least 3-4 years. I just want to say this...remember the first time you heard a PJ song, the first time you have been in a show , all the great moments you had listening to their music...waiting for a new album...greetings to all of you i wish you a great PJ 2012...Kostas from Thessaloniki - Greece
    Greekglish are wellcome in the forum.. :lol:
    gia sou Kosta,,an xreiasteis tipota oso anafora ti banta,let me know..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • myramyra Posts: 1,257
    Yay, positivity !

I'm still stoked at having been a part of PJ20 in september and now there's a euro tour coming up!

So many good things coming our way - let's stick together as a community and leave the bickering and hard feelings behind to find ways to get everybody who wants in the euro tour be a part of it. We're better than that peeps ! Let's make it happen !

mood_excited.gif
  • myra wrote:
    Yay, positivity !

I'm still stoked at having been a part of PJ20 in september and now there's a euro tour coming up!

So many good things coming our way - let's stick together as a community and leave the bickering and hard feelings behind to find ways to get everybody who wants in the euro tour be a part of it. We're better than that peeps ! Let's make it happen !

mood_excited.gif
    i like how this girl thinkig!!!way to go Coline..+i like your name,stars with a C.. :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    myra wrote:
    Yay, positivity !

mood_excited.gif
    i like how this girl thinkig!!!way to go Coline..+i like your name,stars with a C.. :mrgreen:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    deftones wrote:
    Hello my friends

Greekglish are wellcome in the forum.. :lol:
    gia sou Kosta,,an xreiasteis tipota oso anafora ti banta,let me know..
    Geia sou Dimitri, vasika me thn efkairia an mporeseis na mou steileis to live apo thn Athina pou eixame pei se pm prin kanamhna tha einai oti kalyterooo...hehehe tora pou se vrhka as to ekmetalefto...kai sto deftero live sto Amsterdam an eisai ekei tha me kathodigiseis sxetika me early entry klp giati mporei na tous akouo apo thn proth mera alla eimai neos se afth thn fash...kai me thn efkairia na gnoristoume kai apo konta...sorry about the greeklish :D
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • The first thing I am grateful for is having discovered PJ in 2010-one of the best nights of my life!!!

I'm grateful for the Canadian concerts I was able to attend-I had the time of my life!

I'm grateful for this community of fans-how wonderful to be able to communicate with so many, who feel the same love for PJ that I do!! :D:D

Pearl Jam-Long May They Run!!!! :clap::clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    "A beacon on dry land"
    edited December 2011
    I am 36 y.o and i've been listening to PJ since day 1,that's more than half om my life. Because of the family situation i am now (having 2 kids which will attend 3 PJ shows this summer with me!) i 've forgotten how it is to follow a band that you love so much. The euro tour thing got me into this again but also i felt how it is to belong to a huge group of people that share the same values with you,that willing to pay for a stranger's ticket who cannot use his credit card,that open his house to friends from all around the world, who cares if other people found tickets or not.... We are blessed that we all belong to that tribe and it is not a matter of Ticketmaster or whatever...excuse me but it is very difficult to express myself in english,the point is to feel how lucky we are to be a part of this thing...anyway see you all in Manchester and Amsterdam...i will be the one with my wife and with our 2 children in the sitting area...a huge hug from Greece :D
    Post edited by deftones on
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Positive thoughts ... look at 2011!
    the 20th year of when it all started has been great for the fans

special gifts, special memories and ones just from Ed too ... I cherish mine! :D

Positive thoughts ... 2012!

new record, new tours, new love and new memories

this is living!!
    Thank you Pearl Jam ... you make us very happy! chairdance.gif
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    <3<3<3 to Pearl Jam ~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    edited December 2011
    I love this thread...positivity enthralls me. Thanks for brightening my morning everyone!!
    Funny how quickly I have learned whom to appreciate, who will make me laugh out loud....the generosity, good spirit, friendly ribbing, fellowship & mutual love of PJ makes my 50 bucks well worth it. Love my t-shirt & can't wait for my first new single. Got a free download, got 2 free down loads from Backspacer, magazine on the way...don't care when it comes, I know when it does it will brighten my day.
    Looking forward to the new album especially. We know its coming.. :D . Can't wait to hear how magnificent the Europe tour will be from those attending...I'm quite happy for them. And I'll be ecstatic if a US tour is announced & will most humbly attend one show, if Michigan bound. I'll work on my list of grails, slowly, knowing I can't have it all but enjoying the hell out of what I can have. And, I look forward to new releases of whatever & we know that won't end either. Life is so chock full of disappointments, grief, loss, tragedy. This place, this music, THIS BAND has been a salvation, a comfort in difficult times...I am eternally grateful they are STILL HERE, STILL ALIVE, STILL TOGETHER.....Peace
    Post edited by kellanazzie on
  • Awesome thread :clap: 2011 has been an extraordinarily wonderful year for me, and Pearl Jam and this message board and especially some people that I met on here played a major part in that (you know who you are). This is why it's sometimes painful to see the whole forum going nuts in a negative way. I understand that everyone has a right to voice to their opinion, but it doesn't help anything if people are just being negative towards eachother. The Porch can be such a venomous place to be, but maybe this is just a sign of the passion that we all have for this band...

But usually, I'm quite happy to be a part of this, and even the nutters make me smile. Thank god for the happy little oasis that is AET :shifty:

I'm looking forward to the new album, the shows that I can go to and to meeting some of the wonderful people that I met on here - for the first time or once again :D

Here's to a happy 2012!

tboz - love ya too :lol::D
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    I wanna thank everyone for the cool christmas cards very awesome.
    My butt itches!
  • deftones wrote:
    Geia sou Dimitri, vasika me thn efkairia an mporeseis na mou steileis to live apo thn Athina pou eixame pei se pm prin kanamhna tha einai oti kalyterooo...hehehe tora pou se vrhka as to ekmetalefto...kai sto deftero live sto Amsterdam an eisai ekei tha me kathodigiseis sxetika me early entry klp giati mporei na tous akouo apo thn proth mera alla eimai neos se afth thn fash...kai me thn efkairia na gnoristoume kai apo konta...sorry about the greeklish :D

so it seems it's all greek to you to... :P welcome my friend, enjoy and make the most out of it...

some things have gone to far: one guy is bashing other members, the ones that are complaining, instead of being supportive, he is getting the other down even more, that is not cool, and other guys is requesting refunds, I don't agree, but I cannot blame him...

so keep this going on, this evening I am meeting some friends for drinks, talk about music, concerts and the like, and then I am going to some other friends gig, and take pictures... wearing my zombie tee... keep this rolling...

THIS totally made my day yesterday (for those of you who don't go on Lost Dogs): viewtopic.php?f=20&t=178471

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Suziemay wrote:
    THIS totally made my day yesterday (for those of you who don't go on Lost Dogs): viewtopic.php?f=20&t=178471

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Aaaah I love stuff like this :clap: :thumbup:
    Just came across this. Stone on drums :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfSSgV1rRyk
  • Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    I think/believe/guess/reckon/gather that positivity/positiveness/positivedom/positivehood lies (lie-lay-lain) also on our attitude towards the fellow jammers, some are into vinyl, some aren't, some are into dvd, some aren't, some are into both, some are into neither.

There were a tot of bitching about everything, many couldn't get what they wanted, and they bitched about it a lot, and I understand the continous btiching is quite depressing, but there were a lot of bitiching about the bitching as well, and that is what struck my attention the most, I was very surprised how mean many members became towards others members opinions and feelings.

Expressing your complaints and disappointment is welcome, but behaving like spoit kids, insulting, putting 10C employes and members down is not cool, you can do it in a respectful manner, and the rest who could get what they wanted or didn't care about stuff should be more polite and sympathetic towards the rest who weren't so lucky and without disregarding the person, or his/her opinions and feelings...

And of course I am excited about the new album, every day, every month, every year, and the next reissue as well, and I'm still waiting for something, whatever it may be, about AV, since I could not afford to go, needless to say how much excited I am for the next show in my country...

"Release Me!" Te he te he... funny shit, positive stuff!
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • What a great thread, thanks to the opener!
    The past couple of days I've reminded myself of what is important - not getting caught up in the negativity, but to enjoy the positivity.
    I still feel drained after all the ticket stress, and a little bit of ashamed of one or two unnecessarily negative posts on the forum, especially for a newbie like me, but that is giving way to joy now.

PJ joy:
    - After waiting for years and years and having so many setbacks to gig travel plans I will now have a chance to see this legend of a band live in Stockholm with a group of my best friends. This is what I've dreamt about.
    - New album next year.
    - The old ones still sound as great as they ever did.
    - Watched the PJ20 DVD again last night, with the extras, and loved every second. Eddie has the coolest house ever.

Non-PJ joy:
    - I'll be able to have almost two weeks off work over the holidays.
    - My kids are getting better now after having an awful flu.
    - Control visits to the doctor after "the big C" are getting farther apart and shorter, which means everything is fine at the moment in that department.

Life is good, and PJ has a big part in making it that way.
  • I know people are upset and they have their right to be upset and vent.

I wanted to start a thread showing a little love for the band and trying to let the positive energy flow. Let's talk about some good stuff.

New Album in the works
    Europe tour (chance to see our friends)
    Fingers crossed for US tour in 2012

I know things are not perfect but we have found a way to stick together, help each other out and get to the shows to see a band that has had a positive impact on our lives. Let's not forget that and let's keep this thing called Pearl Jam rocking into 2012 and beyond.

Happy Holidays to all and post what you are excited about and more importantly grateful for.

Thanks for listening.

Mike

Sigh...thank you.
  • AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    Having to press F5 for 18 hours and going to Alpine Valley, driving straight 30 hours in a pos rental car from Phoenix to Wisconsin (1900 miles 1 way) and then having to pitch a tent in the middle of a Christian Fundamentalist campground!

It was so worth it, I would do it again tomorrow!
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
    AzWicker wrote:
    having to pitch a tent in the middle of a Christian Fundamentalist campground
    That sounds so wrong :lol::lol:
    I'm finally watching The Fans are Alright on Blu Ray. HOLY CRAP!!!!! I knew there's a reason I needed a 46" flatscreen TV and that soundbar thing that Best Buy told me to throw in :lol::lol:

I'm so excited to go back to watch the movie and The Kids are Twenty on this baby. The concert footage is gonna be AMAZING. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Suziemay wrote:
    I'm finally watching The Fans are Alright on Blu Ray. HOLY CRAP!!!!! I knew there's a reason I needed a 46" flatscreen TV and that soundbar thing that Best Buy told me to throw in :lol::lol:

I'm so excited to go back to watch the movie and The Kids are Twenty on this baby. The concert footage is gonna be AMAZING. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Why you need it? To watch Casablanca, Evil Dead, Saving private Ryan or some other Blu Ray title with great image and sound (took three examples from different times which all had great transfers). Pj20 and the two extradiscs are not a part of that group, not at all. The encode is horrible at places - as can be read in other threads on this board.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"