Options

Pearl Jam Positivity Thread

Viva La WeinerViva La Weiner Posts: 284
edited December 2011 in The Porch
I know people are upset and they have their right to be upset and vent.

I wanted to start a thread showing a little love for the band and trying to let the positive energy flow. Let's talk about some good stuff.

New Album in the works
Europe tour (chance to see our friends)
Fingers crossed for US tour in 2012

I know things are not perfect but we have found a way to stick together, help each other out and get to the shows to see a band that has had a positive impact on our lives. Let's not forget that and let's keep this thing called Pearl Jam rocking into 2012 and beyond.

Happy Holidays to all and post what you are excited about and more importantly grateful for.

Thanks for listening.

Mike
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bjo1015bjo1015 Posts: 104
    I am most excited for the new album and a possible US tour!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I don't think this tenclub run message board deserves any positive energy untill they show us facts on them actually changing things for the better.

This thread may as well just come out and say, let's just sweep this beneath the rug now, shall we?
    That is not what OP said. Read his post again. He just wanted to post something positive, and is not discounting any of the negative things so please don't make this into another thread talking about the issues with 10c. There are many other threads here for you to choose from to do that.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,766
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting this! Damn people feel entitled for $40 or $50.
    I love that everyone has such passion for PJ and wants SO badly to see them, to have access to their goods and to belong to a group that the Band tips their collective hats to with early access, limited edition items, etc......
    But going on a witch-hunt for Tim or others due to best efforts gone awry....I am truly sorry but I do not think that $40 or $50 entitles an individual to this.
    Think about how much this Band gives to us and how much We take from their art.

Again, I do understand that people are angry from their love of PJ and I can understand - but I agree with the OP - let's please take a step back and remember the one commandment of the Pearl Jam Religion -- Don't Be An Asshole. (Even if it is coming from the best of places.) Personal attacks on Ten Club employees seems pretty weak.

Feel free to shoot me now, just my feeling!

Edit -- Sorry -- I am most excited for the next US Tour, I am for sure in on NY shows and any CA shows. I am most grateful for the wonderful memories that Pearl Jam's body of work provides for me.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    AM7865AM7865 Posts: 46
    I know people are upset and they have their right to be upset and vent.

I wanted to start a thread showing a little love for the band and trying to let the positive energy flow. Let's talk about some good stuff.

New Album in the works
    Europe tour (chance to see our friends)
    Fingers crossed for US tour in 2012

I know things are not perfect but we have found a way to stick together, help each other out and get to the shows to see a band that has had a positive impact on our lives. Let's not forget that and let's keep this thing called Pearl Jam rocking into 2010.

Happy Holidays to all and post what you are excited about and more importantly grateful for.

Thanks for listening.

Mike

I'm excited for the new album too, but I'd like to keep Pearl Jam rocking a little bit beyond 2010 :lol:
  • Options
    With so many negative threads and comments out there, my attempt was to try to have a positive thread about PJ, not the 10C. I am not trying to sweep anything under the rug or paint a better picture of the situation.

I guess we need another thread to get the anger out. Oh well, to each their own.
    Well I understand that. Sorry for sounding/being to negative.

I'm looking forward to the new album and hopefully news on No code/Yield deluxe set.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    bjo1015 wrote:
    Tnank you, Suziemay, well said! How would you answer the OP's post, what are you most excited for and what are you grateful for?
    Oh, right, I forgot to answer :mrgreen:

I'm most excited for my first shows in Europe!!And the anticipation of the (possible) announcement of a US tour!

I'm grateful for all the good people I've met on this board that I wouldn't have otherwise come across. Pearl Jam enabled that. Oh, and of course for being lucky enough to somehow score tickets to the shows I wanted to go to. I don't know how that happened. And I don't care, just glad that it did :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    I am excited about seeing the new posters for the Europe tour, listening to the boots, reading the fan reviews and the stories about other fans helping each other out with tickets, rides, etc.

and hoping they come strong with a tour of the US too.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    i love the band,,,love the music,,i believe people have the right to post their opinion..
    and im not talking complain just to complain..
    in the end,cant be all European fans crazy and start complain with no reason..
    that doesnt mean we go to the other edge..the fuck you all,you suck and etc..
    respect the band ,respect the forum,the others read the forum..and post what you believe

and sure positive posts need here..and are always better than negatives,even people play it rebels with out a cause here in the forum,the usual suspects ofcourse,dont stop or coming in the forum only for the negatives...
    when u are negative all the time,what you saying loose its value,even when you are right...
    cos this band and ths club,for sure...have done so many good things that makes you feel proud to be a fan of this band and a member of their fan club..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    OHHHHHH and I'm excited for whatever special release is hopefully in the works for Alpine weekend. Vinyl and blueray of the entire weekend, pretty please? :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    Hairy DaneHairy Dane Denmark Posts: 205
    Top notch thread. 8-)
    I can't wait to see my favourite band of all time again, spend a trillion money on posters and what not, have a beer with my longlost moviemaking buddy who also is going to the Danish gig as well (we just found eachother on Facebook). I can't wait to just let my worries, thoughts, concerns and the everyday hazzle melt away to Eddie's nougatish voice, Mike's steelcertain chords, Stone's overwhelming energized mojo, Jeff's slap-n-tickle, Matt's thundering barrels and the pure sexiness that is Boom.
    If a new album is out next year too that's just a bonus. If not I/we still have some pretty nifty tunes to fall back on.
    I will cross all that can be crossed for a US tour, doubt I'll have the money to go, but you guys also need your fix(er). I will keep everything crossed hoping for an Ed solo tour 2013 ;)
    And to think - it isn't even 2012. Yet this plus alot of other cool non-Pearl Jam related stuff, I can look forward to. I am going back to Italy, getting a new tattoo, getting a little step closer to my candidata magisterii or mastersdegree and all what may come in between.

And happy holidays to all of you!
    Have fun, walk hard and stay alive.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,766
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,975
    I'm really excited for the two Manchester shows, managed to get the best seats I've ever had (apart from last time at Berlin of course), always been at the back and up in the roof before. Also really looking forward to visiting Copenhagen and seeing some of the sights while I'm there, the river looks beautiful and I've never been to Denmark before. Just going to be an amazing Summer, a bright light to keep me going through the winter.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    bjo1015bjo1015 Posts: 104
    Suziemay wrote:
    OHHHHHH and I'm excited for whatever special release is hopefully in the works for Alpine weekend. Vinyl and blueray of the entire weekend, pretty please? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

YES!!! I don't collect vinyl, but I would be SOO happy with a DVD/blueray of the entire weekend.

p.s. I was starting to get depressed from reading all the negativity on the board, so being reminded of this and what an awesome weekend PJ20 was brings a big smile to my face (valid reasons to be upset, but boy is it draining to read, makes me think.. "swallowed whole in negatives...It's so sad and sickening")
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    I'm looking forward to the announcement that a 2nd night will be added for Manchester. Oh wait......

What I am looking forward? I can simply state this is in two words: Pearl Jam.

End of the day, that is what its all about. 10c has handled itself very badlt this week and for a good portion of 2011 but that's not gonna stop my love for Pearl Jam. I fucking adore this band. I listen to their music every single day. And that is no lie.

Fuck the backpacks, fuck the limited edition merch and fuck the fuck-ups. Granted I've been pretty angry with the events of this week but I'm still gonna see the greatest band in the world in June. (And maybe July)

Hope to see you all there!!

Ps, I think you should rename the thread to "Pearl Jam positivety thread" ;)
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,975
    boyo79 wrote:
    I fucking adore this band. I listen to their music every single day. And that is no lie.

You certainly are not alone there. :D
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Spags wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:
    I fucking adore this band. I listen to their music every single day. And that is no lie.

I only have Pearl Jam boots on my iPhone :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Spags wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

I only have Pearl Jam boots on my iPhone :mrgreen:

My car, which I have put 78,000 miles on in two years has only ever had the same 6 PJ Discs in the disc changer since it came from the dealership. My XM Radio lives on PJRadio when it is not baseball season (when I will move away from PJ to listen to my beloved Reds, who it should be noted come back from breaks to their broadcasts to the opening chords of 'Tremor Christ' so I am really still listening to PJ) and on the occasion that I plug in my IPOD in the car it is for Boots almost exclusively.

(When my wife is with me I must compromise and make it only 2/3 PJ)
  • Options
    PRSNT10SPRSNT10S Posts: 206
    Suziemay wrote:

I saw the whole weekend in hi-def 3D, it was amazing!!! :lol:
    Your words help me heal
    Redigested past regrets
    I see things clearer
  • Options
    Made of StarsMade of Stars Milwaukee, WI Posts: 185
    I am grateful for the overwhelming joy I felt

Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Oct 08, 2000
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 21, 2003
    Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006
    United Center - Aug 24, 2009
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011.

Especially 9/3 and 9/4. I will never forget the feeling I had those nights. I don't know if I will ever hear Release again without getting goosebumps.

I am looking forward to a DVD of that weekend, the next US tour, Coachella and Lollapalooza (with or whithout PJ performing) and a healthy, happy 2012.

OP - Thanks for starting this thread.
    Be kind whenever possible.
    It is always possible.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,992
    I'm excited for the next show I get to attend, wherever and whenever that may be.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    I love Dimi, Speedy, DS1119, D-Flo, Leeze, that hot chick Carey (meow), Stone, Ed, Mike, Jeff, Matt and Boom.

I love Pearl Jam, Soul Asylum, RHCP, AiC, my wife, Black Diamond, Kung Fu, The Matrix, Fight Club and Polish mistakes (a sausage and cheese thing on a rye bread square).

I love all the PJ albums, every greatest hits cd ever and live shows.

I love having people explain to me things I don't fully understand in here. I love that they are mostly never mean about it. I love that several friends in here lift my spirits when tragedy hits. I love my tattoo.

I love my kids (even the ones I am not sure I fathered). I love that Black Diamonds kid jumped up excited as a kid at Xmas in Toronto with his ticket upgrade.

:clap:

:lol:

Edit: I love Demetrios too cause he tells me stuff on Facebook and teaches a how to class on grouting.
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    I love that my favourite band looks like this (from PJ20 night 2)

PJ20-1.jpg
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Suziemay wrote:
    I love that my favourite band looks like this (from PJ20 night 2)

PJ20-1.jpg

Stone's haircut causes me concern. I look forward to an improved hairdo for Europe! :D
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    I want to hear more!

What are you excited for? What are you grateful for? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    I am grateful that PJ still has the passion and fire to keep touring and putting out new music.

I am grateful to have the opportunity to see a band that I love and share it with many good people.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish I was as fortunate
    As fortunate as Me.

Thanks PJ!
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    I am so excited for a new album and possible US tour. I understand the frustration of the people going to Europe shows but let it go. Nothing is perfect and no one is intentionally trying to make this harder then it needs to be. I love the band. My tickets have never been that good through 10c but I still am a member and a fan since the beginning because I love the music not to get tickets. Getting tickets is just a part of the whole. Thanks for Everything PJ
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    Yes, despite all the trouble people have been having with the ticket sales...

Let's remember we're lucky fans because these guys are still playing music we love to hear AND they're still making more new music that we can grow to love! :)

Thanks for starting a positive thread. That's always a good idea. :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&