Options

Berlin 2012 - Who's Going? Pre-Party? Etc., Etc..

Comments

• Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    morello wrote:
    This lace looks pretty good:
    http://strandgut-berlin.com/
    I'm there on the morning of the 3rd so count me in for partying that night. :)
    and so close to the venue...
    that place looks awesome!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    conman wrote:
    morello wrote:
    yep..ill sent some mail to berlinos to tell me details..lets see.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    conman wrote:
    morello wrote:
    It was posted about above. Not my doin but I'll sure as hell be there. 8-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    conman wrote:
    morello wrote:
    and to the plus berlin hotel.. :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    conman wrote:
    and to the plus berlin hotel.. :)
    +1 :)8-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    LarsK13LarsK13 Germany Posts: 1,650
    I'm in :mrgreen:
    03-10-1992/06-11-1992/06-14-1992/11-04-1996/06-26-2000/09-23-2006/06-21-2007
    08-13-2009/06-22-2010/06-25-2010/06-30-2010/07-02-2012/07-04-2012/07-05-2012
    07-10-2012/06-16-2014/06-17-2014/06-26-2014
    04-28-2016/04-29-2016/05-01-2016/05-02-2016/08-20-2016/08-22-2016
    EV: 07-25-2012/05-29-2017/05-30-2017/06-01-2017

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/231685/iso-ev-concert-postcards#latest
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    morello wrote:

this place looks very good :)
    I'm in!
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    traveljunkietraveljunkie Posts: 663
    Will we try to meet up for post-parties as well?
    Not arriving to Berlin until the 4th but want to meet up with you all, too!
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    LarsK13 wrote:
    I'm in :mrgreen:

+2 :D
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Don't need to look at the link. Count me and my wife in too.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    rafie wrote:
    Don't need to look at the link. Count me and my wife in too.
    See you there Rafie!! :)
    <hr>
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Will we try to meet up for post-parties as well?
    Not arriving to Berlin until the 4th but want to meet up with you all, too!

I'm definitely in for post-partying...will probably have to miss out on the 3rd as well because of a conference.
  • Options
    claviousclavious Northern Germany Posts: 54
    Trying to be there as well.
  • Options
    kermie13kermie13 Berlin Posts: 49
    hey... whats even nicer than strandgut is this place just a couple hundred meters further down the spree river

http://www.facebook.com/YAAM.Berlin

its called YAAM and is a jamaican/reggae beachbar, concerts, great african and carribean food, halfpipe,beach soccer etc. and a very relaxed atmosphere..... if you know what i mean :D

greetings from berlin
  • Options
    kermie13 wrote:
    hey... whats even nicer than strandgut is this place just a couple hundred meters further down the spree river

its called YAAM and is a jamaican/reggae beachbar, concerts, great african and carribean food, halfpipe,beach soccer etc. and a very relaxed atmosphere..... if you know what i mean :D

greetings from berlin
    ok..lets see that option
    alot of people staying close at the venue..we need to find a big bar at the area..
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    So is this the place? Looks awesome! And convenient! Will be there in the afternoon of the 3rd, looking forward to a meet- up!
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    So is this the place? Looks awesome! And convenient! Will be there in the afternoon of the 3rd, looking forward to a meet- up!
    let finnish the Amsterdam,and we look for berlin :)
  • Options
    no pressure 8-) i just prefer a relaxed atmosphere, good food and drinks .... "strandgut" is, in my opinion, just a bit snobbish, electro-chill music (aka ibiza beats) and a mix between afterwork business guys and touristgroups on big white sofas... i will be rolling one, drinking a beer and toast over to you sipping on long drinks ;) but hey, each to their own and with good people who cares about the place, its going to fun !!!
    its going to be a great night...cant wait!!!
  • Options
    kermie13 wrote:
    no pressure 8-) i just prefer a relaxed atmosphere, good food and drinks .... "strandgut" is, in my opinion, just a bit snobbish, electro-chill music (aka ibiza beats) and a mix between afterwork business guys and touristgroups on big white sofas... i will be rolling one, drinking a beer and toast over to you sipping on long drinks ;) but hey, each to their own and with good people who cares about the place, its going to fun !!!
    its going to be a great night...cant wait!!!
    Nice to have locals opinion- what do I know? I'm a tourist! Tell me where and I'll be there :)
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options
    PS:
    a couple of pages to check out:

http://www.sage-club.de/acl/club
    Jeden Donnerstags ab 20 Uhr: Rock at Sage (every thursday starting at 8pm:
    Musik Mainhall: Indierock, Britpop, All Time Faves
    Musik Dragonfloor: Hardcore, Metal, Hard Rock, Xover, Industrial
    Musik Separee: Alternative, Classics, 90s Rock, Freestyle
    Eintritt: freier Eintritt von 20-22 Uhr, danach 6 Euro free entrance between 8-10, after 10 6 Euros
    Happy Hour: Cocktails 2for1 von 20 bis 21 Uhr

other good venues in berlin are "ROSIS", "LIDO" "WHITE TRASH FAST FOOD", "MAGNET". havent checked yet if there´s anything going on wednesday or thursday night.

by the way:
    http://www.inselberlin.de/
    the page is in german, but the photos give you a good idea. its a nice place to hang out during the day, big park (Treptower Park , has a massive soviet war memorial, if you´re up for a bit of sightseeing along the way), across the park is a small island with a nice beergarden on the island, you can also rent boats. nice for a relaxing day.
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    kermie13 wrote:

by the way:
    http://www.inselberlin.de/
    the page is in german, but the photos give you a good idea. its a nice place to hang out during the day, big park (Treptower Park , has a massive soviet war memorial, if you´re up for a bit of sightseeing along the way), across the park is a small island with a nice beergarden on the island, you can also rent boats. nice for a relaxing day.

Very, very cool! I like this!
    A pre-party for the pre-party! :lol: Im IN!

*This Euro trip becomes more & more surreal by the day!

surrealism |səˈrēəˌlizəm|
    noun
    a 20th-century avant-garde movement in art and literature that sought to release the creative potential of the unconscious mind, for example by the irrational juxtaposition of images.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M6kdQtm4wE
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    tachepiranhatachepiranha Posts: 399
    kermie13 wrote:

greetings from berlin
    ok..lets see that option
    alot of people staying close at the venue..we need to find a big bar at the area..

That area is full with bars ;)

I guess that if most people are staying close to the venue, Magnet and LIDO are good options to host a horde of PJ fans :D
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    kermie13 wrote:

greetings from berlin
    ok..lets see that option

That area is full with bars ;)

I guess that if most people are staying close to the venue, Magnet and LIDO are good options to host a horde of PJ fans :D
    im gonna nee your help about berlin..ill pm later
  • Options
    EvvoEvvo Posts: 193
    I'm in!

Travelling solo from the UK for the tour, heading up from Prague on the 3rd. Any plans for meet ups on the day of the shows?

Strandgut looks like a fantastic place to meet too!
  • Options
    Count me in! Also travelling solo- from Oslo, arriving early on the 3. July, staying at Georghof Hotel Berlin, pretty close to the O2. Never been in Berlin before, so I'm clueless about my "shit-to-do-list". Going to both shows, have we decided about the whereabouts for a pre-party? Really don't want to wander the streets like a loner!

lET ME KNOW!

Frank.
  • Options
    Count me in! Also travelling solo- from Oslo, arriving early on the 3. July, staying at Georghof Hotel Berlin, pretty close to the O2. Never been in Berlin before, so I'm clueless about my "shit-to-do-list". Going to both shows, have we decided about the whereabouts for a pre-party? Really don't want to wander the streets like a loner!

lET ME KNOW!

Frank.
    I'm in for some sight-seeing as well. Also my 1st time in Berlin so there we go there's at least 2 of us. 8-)
    <hr>
  • Options
    Awesome, Morello! When do you arrive?
  • Options
    Awesome, Morello! When do you arrive?
    I arrive in Berlin from Paris at 8.25am on 3rd July, then I'll go to Plus Berlin hostel, dump my stuff & then I'm sight-seeing until the pre-party!!! :)
    <hr>
  • Options
    KevbwoyKevbwoy Posts: 11
    I would also like to join your party since I always had to go alone to the previous Pearl Jam Berlin shows (none of my friends is really into them), which was pretty boring before and after the show.

I am from Berlin and I can tell you the Yaam would be a great choice since it's very close to the O2 and it should have enough of space for a lot of PJ freaks. And the carribean/african foods they serve are just great I can tell you. And it is not too expensive is what I can remember. If you need some other kind information from a local just send me a message ;D Would love to help some fellow PJ fans out ;D
    "I'm sick of chasing my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later."
    Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    Kevbwoy wrote:
    I would also like to join your party since I always had to go alone to the previous Pearl Jam Berlin shows (none of my friends is really into them), which was pretty boring before and after the show.

I am from Berlin and I can tell you the Yaam would be a great choice since it's very close to the O2 and it should have enough of space for a lot of PJ freaks. And the carribean/african foods they serve are just great I can tell you. And it is not too expensive is what I can remember. If you need some other kind information from a local just send me a message ;D Would love to help some fellow PJ fans out ;D

Great! Sounds sweet to hook up with a "pathfinder"! Lets keep in touch!

Frank.