Options

Berlin 2012 - Who's Going? Pre-Party? Etc., Etc..

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Kevbwoy wrote:
    I would also like to join your party since I always had to go alone to the previous Pearl Jam Berlin shows (none of my friends is really into them), which was pretty boring before and after the show.

I am from Berlin and I can tell you the Yaam would be a great choice since it's very close to the O2 and it should have enough of space for a lot of PJ freaks. And the carribean/african foods they serve are just great I can tell you. And it is not too expensive is what I can remember. If you need some other kind information from a local just send me a message ;D Would love to help some fellow PJ fans out ;D
    pm sent
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 750
    I'm travelling solo from London - arriving in Berlin late on the 3rd, then leaving on the morning of the 5th (yup, just the one Berlin show for me). Would be great to meet some of you if there's anything happening on the 4th, either before or after the show.

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Kevbwoy wrote:
    I would also like to join your party since I always had to go alone to the previous Pearl Jam Berlin shows (none of my friends is really into them), which was pretty boring before and after the show.

I am from Berlin and I can tell you the Yaam would be a great choice since it's very close to the O2 and it should have enough of space for a lot of PJ freaks. And the carribean/african foods they serve are just great I can tell you. And it is not too expensive is what I can remember. If you need some other kind information from a local just send me a message ;D Would love to help some fellow PJ fans out ;D

that sounds like a great place!

turns out I'll be in berlin on the 3rd already, as my conference presentation slot was postponed...very glad I won't have to miss the pre-party now! :D
  • Options
    KevbwoyKevbwoy Posts: 11
    I just sent a message to the Yaam to warn them :lol:
    "I'm sick of chasing my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later."
    Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    milanmilan Posts: 447
    So is it Yaam on the evening of the 3rd then?

Looks like a fine place, and close to our hotel.
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • Options
    milan wrote:
    So is it Yaam on the evening of the 3rd then?

Looks like a fine place, and close to our hotel.
    seems that way
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    :D:D
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    I've got a spare GA standing ticket for each night if anyone is looking!

(I've already made a thread in the Lost Dogs section, but I figured I'd try here too).
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    claviousclavious Northern Germany Posts: 54
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    muffimuffi Posts: 11
    I should make a sign saying:
    Willkommen, Pearl Jam fuckers :lol:

DO IT!!! :lol:8-)
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ MUFFI Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    I've just booked on the free Berlin walking tour for 13:00 on 3rd July. Cool!! :)
    http://www.newberlintours.com/daily-tou ... -tour.html
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    morello wrote:
    I've just booked on the free Berlin walking tour for 13:00 on 3rd July. Cool!! :)
    I booked for 9:00 on the 4th (I know it is early, but that way we can rest up before the show)
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    rafie wrote:
    morello wrote:
    I booked for 9:00 on the 4th (I know it is early, but that way we can rest up before the show)
    Cool. You're goin to the pre-party on the 3rd yeah? so I'll tell you what it's like that afternoon. I'm kinda using it to get my orientations of the city + check out what I want to go back to later so I wanted to do it my 1st day there. I'm going to Paris between Amsterdam & Berlin so I've booked into a free walking tour in Paris as well. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    muffi wrote:
    I should make a sign saying:
    Willkommen, Pearl Jam fuckers :lol:

DO IT!!! :lol:8-)
    :lol:
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    morello wrote:
    rafie wrote:
    morello wrote:
    Cool. You're goin to the pre-party on the 3rd yeah? so I'll tell you what it's like that afternoon. I'm kinda using it to get my orientations of the city + check out what I want to go back to later so I wanted to do it my 1st day there. I'm going to Paris between Amsterdam & Berlin so I've booked into a free walking tour in Paris as well. :)
    I get to Berlin on the 3rd after a 10 hour bus ride, and my wife after around 7 hours of flights and layovers, so we are going to rest up for the pre party. We originally planned on going at 11:00 on the 5th, but that is my last show and I have 10C ticket, so I might want to go early.
    I also booked the tour for Amsterdam earlier today.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    kermie13kermie13 Berlin Posts: 49
    morello wrote:

a walking tour is a great idea, but i just wanted to let you guys know what kind of company you´re supporting: the owner of the company has fled germany because he is wanted by the tax authorities (and for rape charges in france). the guides have to tell the customers that they work for free, but actually they have to pay the new berlin office 3 euros per customer!!! that means everyone on the tour has to give them at least 3 euros tip just that they get even and more so that they earn something. they´ve been watched by the german authorities for the past years because of this. since he pays no taxes, let alone insurance, unemployment benefits. etc. and fire their guides if they start complaining. the guides are usually american, english, australian who have lived in berlin for sometimes only a few weeks and then learn a script -thats their knowledge about berlin.....and leave the company within a summer season. some of their former guides are great and moved to other companies: listed below. sorry if i bored you guys with this none pearl jam related stuff, but i think you should know that. i work in tourism in berlin and i would recommend one of these companies instead, since they actually pay their guides plus they are knowledgable etc.

http://www.berlinwalks.de/
    http://www.insidertour.com/
    http://alternativeberlin.com/
    http://www.brewersberlintours.com/
  • Options
    kermie13 wrote:
    morello wrote:

a walking tour is a great idea, but i just wanted to let you guys know what kind of company you´re supporting: the owner of the company has fled germany because he is wanted by the tax authorities (and for rape charges in france). the guides have to tell the customers that they work for free, but actually they have to pay the new berlin office 3 euros per customer!!! that means everyone on the tour has to give them at least 3 euros tip just that they get even and more so that they earn something. they´ve been watched by the german authorities for the past years because of this. since he pays no taxes, let alone insurance, unemployment benefits. etc. and fire their guides if they start complaining. the guides are usually american, english, australian who have lived in berlin for sometimes only a few weeks and then learn a script -thats their knowledge about berlin.....and leave the company within a summer season. some of their former guides are great and moved to other companies: listed below. sorry if i bored you guys with this none pearl jam related stuff, but i think you should know that. i work in tourism in berlin and i would recommend one of these companies instead, since they actually pay their guides plus they are knowledgable etc.

http://www.berlinwalks.de/
    http://www.insidertour.com/
    http://alternativeberlin.com/
    http://www.brewersberlintours.com/
    Oh bugger. I figured the guides were volunteers like students or older folk or people wanting to give to newcomers to their city or something, I took it as legit. If they've been there a few days at least & have learned their 'script' they'll know more than me so that's fine by me. As for a tip, if the tour is good enough, helps orientate me to a new city I'm happy to tip. The other tours you've given seem to be €12 so I will keep that figure in mind. Bugger we didn't get this info earlier.
    <hr>
  • Options
    I'm gonna see Chris in Copenhagen the day after Prague, before Berlin.
    What's happening on the 4th?
    Same place?

Ich bin ein Berliner.
  • Options
    see ya soon.. :D
  • Options
    Three FloydThree Floyd Chicagoland Posts: 12
    Hello Everyone. I am traveling solo from Chicago for a week in Berlin and two shows. Arriving Sunday, leaving Saturday. I have an extra standing ticket (and wrist band) for both shows. Do I understand correctly that there is no assigned row/seat in the standing area (GA) at O2? Hence the reason for the wristband and early entry? Anyway, I plan to do some tours, etc. by day and some bar hopping at night (starting mid-afternoon??). Thank you for all the recommendations. Would like to join some fellow fans on tours, etc. so please advise your plans. Planning on going to Yaam evening of 3rd.
  • Options
    Hello Everyone. I am traveling solo from Chicago for a week in Berlin and two shows. Arriving Sunday, leaving Saturday. I have an extra standing ticket (and wrist band) for both shows. Do I understand correctly that there is no assigned row/seat in the standing area (GA) at O2? Hence the reason for the wristband and early entry? Anyway, I plan to do some tours, etc. by day and some bar hopping at night (starting mid-afternoon??). Thank you for all the recommendations. Would like to join some fellow fans on tours, etc. so please advise your plans. Planning on going to Yaam evening of 3rd.
    yes..no seat at GA Arena at O2
    you saw the party meeting fans at 3rd july?
  • Options
    Three FloydThree Floyd Chicagoland Posts: 12
    Yes, I saw the Yaam party on the 3rd. I'll be the one in the Pearl Jam T-shirt. Ha.
  • Options
    Yes, I saw the Yaam party on the 3rd. I'll be the one in the Pearl Jam T-shirt. Ha.
    hehe....ask around,,will be happy to meet...you are from ILLINI...
    That make you already special...

ps,if i see anyone searching for tix,ill let you know
  • Options
    SelmaSelma Posts: 374
    Hey! I`m traveling solo from Santiago, Chile. Well, actually, I`ll meet a german friend in Prague first, and we`ll arrive for Berlin shows at July 3th. So, I saw there will be a preparty at "Yaam" that night? Great!
    What time will be? Do we need to register or something? Or just attend?
    Tonigth PJ beging to spread the magic in Europe!!
    2005 Santiago, Chile x2
    2011 La Plata, Argentina
    2011 Santiago, Chile
    2011 Lima, Perú
    2012 Praga, República Checa
    2012 Berlin, Alemania x2
    2013 Sao Paulo, Brasil
    2013 Buenos Aires, Argentina
    2013 Santiago, Chile
    2015 Santiago, Chile
    2015 La Plata, Argentina
    2018 Santiago, Chile x2

• Options
    Selma wrote:
    Hey! I`m traveling solo from Santiago, Chile. Well, actually, I`ll meet a german friend in Prague first, and we`ll arrive for Berlin shows at July 3th. So, I saw there will be a preparty at "Yaam" that night? Great!
    just come to yamm amigo.. :)
  • Options
    SelmaSelma Posts: 374
    Selma wrote:
    just come to yamm amigo.. :)

You are everywhere! I remember you from the PJ Santiago 2005 forum ... and I saw you`re in the fb page for Prague pre party also!
    Cool, see you there!
    2005 Santiago, Chile x2
    2011 La Plata, Argentina
    2011 Santiago, Chile
    2011 Lima, Perú
    2012 Praga, República Checa
    2012 Berlin, Alemania x2
    2013 Sao Paulo, Brasil
    2013 Buenos Aires, Argentina
    2013 Santiago, Chile
    2015 Santiago, Chile
    2015 La Plata, Argentina
    2018 Santiago, Chile x2

• Options
    antares434antares434 Posts: 110
    So is this the "official" meeting place for both nights? http://www.yaam.de/
    I'm going to edit my original post and want to make sure I've got it right.
    Anyone planning to party someplace else?
  • Options
    antares434 wrote:
    So is this the "official" meeting place for both nights? http://www.yaam.de/
    I'm going to edit my original post and want to make sure I've got it right.
    Anyone planning to party someplace else?
    this is a party the day before the shows....3rd july
    the day of the shows,alot go to the venue early..
  • Options
    rbrum7rbrum7 Posts: 976
    If anyone would be kind enough to pick me up this gray shirt and gray hat from a merch stand, I would pay you for it, plus shipping and you could have anything on my FT: list other than the Deluxe Blu-Ray and Soto.

Would be looking for a size XL shirt, and if hat is fitted, size 7 1/2

Thank you soooo much in advance!!!!

Here's the pick of the merch:
    http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/285697_10150911275987909_1252835846_n.jpg

Here's my FT: list:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=189782
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    (EV Solo) Detroit, MI - 6/26/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Shitsburgh, PA - 10/11/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13