LOOK OUT !!! RUNAWAY TRUCK!!!!!!!

13»

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,918
    This coming thursday I will be back in Indy ready to take my final Skills Qualification Tests. Pass those , I get my truck!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    gee a cross country truck driver ... scary stuff

hope your karma is in good working order ;)

good luck to you though in your new profession! :D
  • Will you be driving between today and Thursday?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    nope. TAH. Gf is really liking this.

I sat for 2 weeks before the road training. It seemed my backing improved like fine wine!!! :mrgreen: No, I see it as a good thing. Trainer said I might just might get my truck and an assignment right off the bat.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :thumbup:
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    nope. TAH. Gf is really liking this.

I sat for 2 weeks before the road training. It seemed my backing improved like fine wine!!! :mrgreen: No, I see it as a good thing. Trainer said I might just might get my truck and an assignment right off the bat.
    If they do NOT put you in a truck Thursday.....
    I would start looking at other companies....

In 6-7 weeks time these people have gotten you a total of 1200 miles???? At the most??
    And now they are sending you home AGAIN, for another week....
    At any other company you would have probably driven over 10,000 miles the last 6 weeks....

I know you are keeping a positive attitude....
    I know you are excited about this...

But the fact is....
    Schneider has done everything but put you in a truck and let you earn some money....
    I get your point Speedy. But I AM getting training pay while I sit. Beats nothing.And keeps the bills paid. I would rather be out there but I also understand the situation.
    Holidays, overhiring in relation to their trainers(hence the 2 trainees in a truck), end of the year(use your vaca or lose it)

On top of it, i'm now sick from the different hotels every night.

for right now my expenses are low and the tuition reimbursement will be kicking in a week or so. Which is going to help alot.

Bus leaves Cbus at 1:15. Will be up early tomorrow and ready at the Op Center by 7am. Here we go folks!!

Made ya look!!! I'm waiting on my truck. No word yet how soon I'll be in it.

• mickeyrat wrote:
    Whats going on???

Where are you??
    What are you doing??
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Whats going on???

Where are you??
    What are you doing??
    well, I'm off to a slow start. They've hired so many new guys, in particular out of columbus area, that they are having a supposed hard time getting us in trucks. I am #4 on a list to get one. Was lucky too, cuz there were several guys out of columbus taking their final quals yesterday too.

Hope to go down to the OC on Monday to meet my DBL(driver business leader).

I'm not about to walk now. I've made my bed , I got to lie in it.

• mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Whats going on???

Where are you??
    What are you doing??
    well, I'm off to a slow start. They've hired so many new guys, in particular out of columbus area, that they are having a supposed hard time getting us in trucks. I am #4 on a list to get one. Was lucky too, cuz there were several guys out of columbus taking their final quals yesterday too.

Hope to go down to the OC on Monday to meet my DBL(driver business leader).

I'm not about to walk now. I've made my bed , I got to lie in it.
    So are you Indy??
    Or on a bus back home to Columbus???

Im just curious...
    Oh, no I'm home now. One of the other guys drove home and gave me a ride after passing himself. HE's #5 on the truck list!! Schnieder has some good accounts around here. Walmart and Honda being two major ones. They have intermodal stuff here too. The OC is smallish and it's a recent aquisition for them. Still making improvements.

• mickeyrat wrote:
    Oh, no I'm home now. One of the other guys drove home and gave me a ride after passing himself. HE's #5 on the truck list!! Schnieder has some good accounts around here. Walmart and Honda being two major ones. They have intermodal stuff here too. The OC is smallish and it's a recent aquisition for them. Still making improvements.
    OC??

What the hell is an OC???

hehehehe
    mickeyrat wrote:
    OC??

hehehehe
    terminal in nonschneider speak. Stands for Operating Center. I will be working from an Operating Point. We have less driver amenities and no fueling at my parking spot!! But we have Maintenance on site so....

• mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    OC??

hehehehe
    terminal in nonschneider speak. Stands for Operating Center. I will be working from an Operating Point. We have less driver amenities and no fueling at my parking spot!! But we have Maintenance on site so....
    Got ya...

What exactly is a Driver Business Leader??
    What is his job description??
    My contact at the company. Hes the one who hears my gripes about whatever. I have prob with a load? He's the guy. Somewhat like a dispatcher. Basically he's my supervisor. He'll handle a set # of drivers.

• mickeyrat wrote:
    My contact at the company. Hes the one who hears my gripes about whatever. I have prob with a load? He's the guy. Somewhat like a dispatcher. Basically he's my supervisor. He'll handle a set # of drivers.
    So when does Schneider actually think they will get you in a truck??

1 week
    2 weeks
    3 weeks???????
    he said UP TO a week.

The company WANTS to get new drivers out there as soon as possible. They pay us less CPM. SO it does benefit them to get us rolling as soon as possible. From what I've read , new employees make great truck recovery people too. Pay for a rental and off we go to retrieve abandoned equipment.

• JBiiJBii Posts: 354
    Schneider is a great company, HQ in Green Bay
    Growing up we referred to the trucks as giant pumpkins
    I see those trucks all over, you should put a small stickman logo on the door so we know it is you.
    Good Luck
    That what you fear the most could meet you halfway