LOOK OUT !!! RUNAWAY TRUCK!!!!!!!

mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,918
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Bus leaves Cbus at 1:15. Will be up early tomorrow and ready at the Op Center by 7am. Here we go folks!!
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Thats what I'm talking about. SOOOOOOOOOO Glad to see this at the end of my first day behind the wheel of a company training truck. Means unless something catistrophic happens, I believe I have a job!!!!!!!!!

End of day 3 here at orientation and with each passing day I've felt more and more comfortable here. Its also reinforced my thought that I made the right decision to come here.

So maybe ole Normy can find a link that goes with , PLOP PLOP FIZZ FIZZ........ ;)

Congratulations man! :mrgreen:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,918
    nothing new to report , I'm still ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

which means I can reasonably expect to GET the job come friday morning.

The other "grades" are

1. Slightly BEHIND schedule this is the one you wan to make MAJOR corrections to your driving
    2. BEHIND schedule. this is the one that will get you sent home.

On Schedule is fairly self explainatory. yes/no?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Oh Man.

I was told today by my road instructor that barring me completly fucking up tomorrow, that I will be a Professional Truck Driver for Schneider National Inc. Will be going out with a training engineer ( road trainer) for 5 -10 days starting sometime in the next week!!!!!

I'd call in sick tommorrow.

:P

just curious....where are they housing you potential truckers at? in 53ft refer?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    HAhahahaha. No they have a deal set up with a Ramada. The Operation Center here in Indy is about a 1/4 mile away. Any pontential new hires stay here( experienced and non), paid for of course. They also offer discounted rooms to current drivers that want a room. Its not too bad.. Theres a Damons for the restaurant and a Krogers is about 5 blocks away. They put us in rooms with a Micro and a mini fridge. Its helped keep meal expenses down big time.

• mickeyrat wrote:
    Oh Man.

I was told today by my road instructor that barring me completly fucking up tomorrow, that I will be a Professional Truck Driver for Schneider National Inc. Will be going out with a training engineer ( road trainer) for 5 -10 days starting sometime in the next week!!!!!

:thumbup: Make sure you have your good luck charms with ya ;)
    Leeze wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Oh Man.

I've been looking the trucks over seeing where I can put the plate!! :mrgreen:

• mickeyrat wrote:
    Leeze wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Oh Man.

I've been looking the trucks over seeing where I can put the plate!! :mrgreen:

Haha awesome! And seriously - best of luck to you & I hope you're having fun as well :D
    Moving on to On The JOB Training!!!!!!!! 8-)8-)8-)

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    600full-rain-man-screenshot.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    yay! so happy for you Mickey! :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Moving on to On The JOB Training!!!!!!!! 8-)8-)8-)

oh chit..
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    You'll have to let us know what some of the every day normal things us as drivers may do that piss truck drivers off. Not so we can do them, but make us aware not to do it and make the roads safer. :thumbup:
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,707
    Best of luck with the training and congratulations! Let us know how it goes.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Congratulations!!! This is fantastic news!!! :thumbup: :clap:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Congrats!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    awesome..congrats!
    movin' on up :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    to steal a line from my fave song .....

the waiting drove..... :mrgreen:

• mickeyrat wrote:

HEY!!!

Where are you at??
    You take out your 1st load??
    Where did you go??

Whats on the agenda??
    Where are you going to wake up tomorrow morning???
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    mickeyrat wrote:

HEY!!!

Where are you at??
    You take out your 1st load??
    Where did you go??

Whats on the agenda??
    Where are you going to wake up tomorrow morning???
    I'm in my bed
    no I have not
    Went to Indy for orientation
    About to have breakfast in bed
    I think I'm waking up in bed tomorrow a.m.

:mrgreen:

Gotta wait for the trainer. With Xmas coming the company has made arrangements to have all home who want to be next weekend. Figure their pushing as much freight as possible this week to allow that to happen. So there may not be enough time to get me on the training truck just yet. Its all good. I'm still earning their training pay. Its about half what I made at my previous job, but it beats the $0 a friend is earning from a different company that i went to school with while HE waits for his trainer too.

• Ughhh....

Yeah starting up right at the Holidays could be a problem...
    Oh well...Like you said....At least they are paying you

So once you start..
    What are they telling you....

Midwest??
    East Coast??
    West Coast???
    All 48???
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,444
    edited December 2011
    Hey mickey....

Remember this PLEASE!!!!!

You are about to start your driving career in the WORST conditions possible....

No freight is that FUCKING IMPORTANT!!!!
    You are not transporting hearts...For transplants....
    Dont put yourself in a bad situation...EVER!!!!
    You have NO idea (but you will soon) just how hazardous those mountains can be in the Winter...
    I-65 from Chicago to Indy (as flat a stretch of highway you will find) turns into 230 miles of bumper cars, once the snow starts falling.....
    I 94 through Indiana and Michigan turns into 20 inches of lake effect snow( on a weekly basis)....

BE CAREFUL MY FRIEND!!!
    Listen to those traffic reports...
    Listen to the other truckers on your CB....
    Always know whats going on 20-50 miles ahead of you....

Once you get through the next 3 months...
    Then you will start to enjoy the cross country driving during the spring and summer.....
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
    I-65 from Chicago to Indy (as flat a stretch of highway you will find) turns into 230 miles of bumper cars, once the snow starts falling.....

not to mention being pot hole hell. that's by far, the worst stretch of interstate i've ever been on...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

not to mention being pot hole hell. that's by far, the worst stretch of interstate i've ever been on...
    I65 is a fucking disaster in the winter...
    The stories I could tell....
    Of death and destruction that I have witnessed....

Yikes....
  • 81 wrote:

and I love the flashing signs...

CAUTION: ROUGH ROAD AHEAD
    USE LEFT LANE

um, fix the road, there's a brilliant idea
    and why do people consistently feel the need to do 90 on that stretch of highway?

Best of luck to you Mickey.
    Nice shirt.
    81 wrote:

I65 is a fucking disaster in the winter...
    The stories I could tell....
    Of death and destruction that I have witnessed....

Yikes....

i hate that fuckin road....

i was headed to indy a couple of springs ago....and i swear the truckers were working the cb's tryin to create a road block.

and then you add in the miles of pavement where it's coming up.

and then you consider that you are driving in indiana....

i hate I 65

i'd rather be on I75 Northin into detroit. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

and I love the flashing signs...

CAUTION: ROUGH ROAD AHEAD
    USE LEFT LANE

um, fix the road, there's a brilliant idea
    and why do people consistently feel the need to do 90 on that stretch of highway?

Best of luck to you Mickey.

if there are IL drivers on the highway....have no fear, they will already be in teh left lane

fuckin pave it
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    To start off I'm doing regional. a 6 ON 3 OFF Midwest or ohio and surrounding run. Will know more once I meet my DBL ( schneider speak for dispatcher). Schneider is a safety first kind of company. Saw pics of why they feel its so important. Almost all of the accident pics are our trucks.

Expect to run within a 600 mile radius from Columbus. We have a small drop yard OC here.

81, I75N INTO Detroit gives you an indication of what you will find once you ARRIVE in Detroit.

• mickeyrat wrote:
    To start off I'm doing regional. a 6 ON 3 OFF Midwest or ohio and surrounding run. Will know more once I meet my DBL ( schneider speak for dispatcher). Schneider is a safety first kind of company. Saw pics of why they feel its so important. Almost all of the accident pics are our trucks.

Expect to run within a 600 mile radius from Columbus. We have a small drop yard OC here.

81, I75N INTO Detroit gives you an indication of what you will find once you ARRIVE in Detroit.
    Regional Run...NICE!!!

Chicago to Indy, to Chicago, to Cleveland, to Columbus, to Chicago, to Indy, to Chicago, to Cincy, to Detroit, to Indy, to Chicago, to Cleveland...etc etc...

Been there..Done that....hehehehe

But thats a nice run for starters.......VERY NICE!!!