LOOK OUT !!! RUNAWAY TRUCK!!!!!!!

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,918
    mickeyrat wrote:
    To start off I'm doing regional. a 6 ON 3 OFF Midwest or ohio and surrounding run. Will know more once I meet my DBL ( schneider speak for dispatcher). Schneider is a safety first kind of company. Saw pics of why they feel its so important. Almost all of the accident pics are our trucks.

Expect to run within a 600 mile radius from Columbus. We have a small drop yard OC here.

81, I75N INTO Detroit gives you an indication of what you will find once you ARRIVE in Detroit.
    Regional Run...NICE!!!

Chicago to Indy, to Chicago, to Cleveland, to Columbus, to Chicago, to Indy, to Chicago, to Cincy, to Detroit, to Indy, to Chicago, to Cleveland...etc etc...

Been there..Done that....hehehehe

But thats a nice run for starters.......VERY NICE!!!
    They have a online driver resource thing. allows for training, checking paystubs,etc. They have me listed as NE Regional. We'll see how that goes.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • SO??

They going to send you back home for Christmas??
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    edited December 2011
    Not went out yet, seems they are short trainers right now. larger classes , holidays and vacations have made things a bit tougher. Spoke with my training manager this morning. I may still get a call from my trainer , but I'm not likely to leave out for the first time til next week.

Good news is I'm still getting the 450 a week training pay while i wait.

Looked on the company website for their n.e. region. Mich+U.P. , Ohio , and W.V. are the western most parts over to Maryland/Delaware as the southern most part up into Maine and includes Canada(potentially).
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    Not went out yet, seems they are short trainers right now. larger classes , holidays and vacations have made things a bit tougher. Spoke with my training manager this morning. I may still get a call from my trainer , but I'm not likely to leave out for the first time til next week.

Good news is I'm still getting the 450 a week training pay while i wait.

Looked on the company website for their n.e. region. Mich+U.P. , Ohio , and W.V. are the western most parts over to Delaware as the southern most part up into Maine and includes Canada(potentially).

Philly, New York City, Boston......

Be careful....

And if they leave you hanging another week....

Tell them to FUCK OFF!!!
    Get back home...
    And find someone else.....

Just my opinion....
    Already at home waiting. Theres an OC in town. I've heard more good about my company than bad. The bad is the usual you'd hear about ANY company, which in my opinion is more personality driven or lack of work ethic on the drivers end.. So I think I made a great choice. Now , its just down to me getting the miles to earn.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,935
    no posting while driving! ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    yeah. They dont even want you talking on the phone while driving. Bluetooth or other hands free. Wait til you're stopped or parked.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,935
    mickeyrat wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    yeah. They dont even want you talking on the phone while driving. Bluetooth or other hands free. Wait til you're stopped or parked.
    back in my day, we had quarters and phonebooths :shock: (or was it dimes???)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    imalive wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    back in my day, we had quarters and phonebooths :shock: (or was it dimes???)

dimes :mrgreen:

i remember the nightly call from the truck stop diner to the kids way back when

be careful out there
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    look like I'll be on the road this thursday!!!!!

• mickeyrat wrote:
    So??

Where are you??
    And where the fuck are you going???
    mickeyrat wrote:
    So??

Where are you??
    And where the fuck are you going???
    These questions and more will be answered tonight ........on 60 minutes. tick tick tick. :mrgreen:

I'm still in bed. Getting ready to jump in the shower.
    Trainer has made himself available to drive at 9. Will find out when he does , when and where we meet up. THIS part seems halfassed to me. A trainer with 2 trainees hasnt gotten a load yet or info ON THAT load that allows for coordination with both trainees.

I may have to drive to another city to be picked up. The trainer is out of Michigan, auto related freight is next to nothing because of the holidays. So the trainer doesnt know WTF is going on yet. Just that he's reporting to the truck at 9.

I've been sitting for two weeks now. Making just 450 a week. I'm grateful for that much , some of the guys I went to school with weren't getting anything. BUT I'd much rather get moving. will find out in an hour or so.

THIS JUST IN!!!!!!!!

Trainer to pick Mickeyrat up at 3pm(or so) at the Petro Truck Stop on I 280 in Toledo Ohio for points east. Generally speaking to an undisclosed location with New York State.

all fucking righty then!!!!! I FUCKING DROVE TODAY!!!!!!!! 43K in cargo to a feed plant in rural New York. SE of Buffalo. Put in 212 miles. The other trainee drove a little less than that. I believe I have found a job I actually like!. Yeah I know its only day one , but damn , that felt good.

• OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514
    edited November 2012
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mickeyrat wrote:
    all fucking righty then!!!!! I FUCKING DROVE TODAY!!!!!!!! 43K in cargo to a feed plant in rural New York. SE of Buffalo. Put in 212 miles. The other trainee drove a little less than that. I believe I have found a job I actually like!. Yeah I know its only day one , but damn , that felt good.

:clap: Just curious. What town in NYS?
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

delivered to a place in North Java. Sitting in a econolodge acrross the street fro a flying j at NY 77 and I90 near or in Pembroke, NY. Have a load to pick up in Erie Pa at 2. Will be doing some trip planning exercises with my trainer shortly.

• mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

delivered to a place in North Java. Sitting in a econolodge acrross the street fro a flying j at NY 77 and I90 near or in Pembroke, NY. Have a load to pick up in Erie Pa at 2. Will be doing some trip planning exercises with my trainer shortly.
    Where is the load in Erie delivering to???
    Speedy, we`re headed to Brown Summit N. C. Have an appt for monday at noon. Will get some good time in tomorrow. Trainer is having the two of do it all. Which, having two trainees in the truck is awesome in my opinion. Two trainees also means get a hotel EVERY night!1! ALthough, he will have us stay in the truck one or two nights. Just to get taste of it.

mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

I know that area. You're over by Darien lake amusement park. Actually puked in that flying js parking lot. Good times! :)
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

I know that area. You're over by Darien lake amusement park. Actually puked in that flying js parking lot. Good times! :)[/quote]
    Dude, we need to talk. Thats all I'm saying. ;)
    Happy new year.

mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

I know that area. You're over by Darien lake amusement park. Actually puked in that flying js parking lot. Good times! :)
    Dude, we need to talk. Thats all I'm saying. ;)
    Happy new year.[/quote]

There's not many places that I haven't seen in this asshole state so if you ever have any questions fire away.
    Woo to the motherfucking Hoo!! My trainer says he thinks I`m ready for thwe last phase of formal traing, SQT skills qualifying tests. Pass that I`m assigned a truck and set loose on you, the motoring public at large.

Look in your rearview mirrors!

Mickey "MotherTrucking" Rat.

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    woo hoo mickster!

we'll be sure to get you some new mudflaps for your truck...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPHDh97-7tXWsGBqHOWzL3YBLJUxLFpcX5LmSTFZAHJNO3MS5K
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    woo hoo mickster!

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Woo to the motherfucking Hoo!! My trainer says he thinks I`m ready for thwe last phase of formal traing, SQT skills qualifying tests. Pass that I`m assigned a truck and set loose on you, the motoring public at large.

Look in your rearview mirrors!

Mickey "MotherTrucking" Rat.

Congrats man! :thumbup:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    woo hoo mickster!

:? :wtf:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    stay in the right lane and we will be cool
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    oh its the rare occasion we DONT ride the right lane. Our trucks are governed to 60mph MAX!!! Hahaha.

on our way to pick up a load S of Atlanta to go to just N of Cincy. Heaed toward dropping me off in Indy for final exam. still a couple days away from getting to do that. I would guess these final road/policy tests will start on Monday. we`ll know more as we get closer and receive next load info message