Options

Those who saw shows in 2006 AND 2007....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I BrisK I wrote:
    what?????

I wasn't there but i heard the boot adn the crowd was brilliant

fucking awesome setlist....for first show or 99th show

not spectacular setlist??

inside job, gone, indifference, crazy mary, fuckin up, leash, education, black, marker in the sand, why go, rearviewmirror

and also all the other usual great songs
    Nah I think he means, to look at it from the outside, there's not MUCH that makes it stand out as a special concert... but for so many of us who were there it really does stand out. I think and I'm glad that it comes across on the boot that it WAS indeed special... musta been the crowd.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Both tours were so great, I think I might have enjoyed this one slightly more, or even more :D , because I was meeting so many friends again, and also meeting more new people.

The shows in themselves, I think I'll have to go with Dublin last year, and London and Dusseldorf this year as top 3. But pretty much every Europe show I attended, I loved.
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    :D Yep, I still get excited... I was telling random people when I was out Friday night, well ok one girl was IN our group but the other guy was just someone I got talking to... I kept apologising but he turned out to be a PJ fan and was like 'no that's actually really cool' :o

:D
    so many mental images spring to mind at this point...

was Mr "no that's actually really cool" slowly edging backwards ? or had you got him penned into a corner somewhere ? were his eyes furiously darting from side-to-side in a last desperate attempt to get one of his 'friends' to rescue him...? ;)

not that i have tambourine envy or anything. oh no.
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    :D
    so many mental images spring to mind at this point...

was Mr "no that's actually really cool" slowly edging backwards ? or had you got him penned into a corner somewhere ? were his eyes furiously darting from side-to-side in a last desperate attempt to get one of his 'friends' to rescue him...? ;)

not that i have tambourine envy or anything. oh no.
    He did jump into a taxi after a couple of minutes :D . Nah cos I was standing outside and RITFW came on... and I was already chatting to him so had to say about the last time I heard that song.

Buru, they're just all bloody amazing aren't they? It's like picking your favourite kid.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    I keep thinking about all the shows i've seen in the space of one year, and it blows my mind.

Each show was spectacular in its own way, but personally i don't think anything is ever going to beat the emotions i felt during 'No More' in Nijmegen.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    i only did one show in 06, and 4 this tour, we all know that one got blown away as well.

For me i loved this tour, the whole social side of it, the people, and the setlists, you were always due for a surprise or 2 each show.

Can't wait for the next tour
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    i only did one show in 06, and 4 this tour, we all know that one got blown away as well.

For me i loved this tour, the whole social side of it, the people, and the setlists, you were always due for a surprise or 2 each show.

Can't wait for the next tour

Yes, the surprises!! I loved them, specially immortality during Wembley, that one was completely unexpected for me. As was breath :cool: oh and I'm Open!! Rats too.

Helen - I know! I can pick a couple of least favourites, but that's about it. I guess my least fav are Katowice 07 and Barcelona 06, of the shows I've seen.
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    Buru wrote:
    Yes, the surprises!! I loved them, specially immortality during Wembley, that one was completely unexpected for me. As was breath :cool: oh and I'm Open!! Rats too.

Helen - I know! I can pick a couple of least favourites, but that's about it. I guess my least fav are Katowice 07 and Barcelona 06, of the shows I've seen.

and katowice could have been so good if they had played the setlist that was the setlist!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Buru wrote:

Well for me Copenhagen miles before everything else, then Dublin & Astoria, then Verona (slips down cos the night before was SO fucking good that I almost just wanted to to do the same again :D ) then Wembley this year I think.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Tough decision. Last year I was more excited about the tour. I felt giddy all the time. This year I guess I was more experienced in the touring and so it felt more normal.

In terms of the shows, Reading blew my mind last year. Dusseldorf blew it this year.

On the whole, I think 06 tops this year as it was a fully fledged tour, more people around last year than this. And I don't think any future meetup will top Verona. I still shake my head in disbelief. Litres?! :eek:

This year was strange as I think everyone knew this was their last chance of seeing the band for a few years. Everyone tried to squeeze as much out of it as possible, and I think that may have made the tour a bit more strained.

Having said that, there is no way I would trade any experience that I had.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    We got to see Satellite Party in Nijmegen....surely that counts for something! :)
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    I saw six last year, and four this year. In 2007 the band sounded better (particularly Ed); perhaps that was because they hadnt spent the ensuing months on tour and were pacing themselves more. The setlists this year have been better too; Munich, London and Dusseldorf in particular.
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    We got to see Satellite Party in Nijmegen....surely that counts for something! :)

That was brilliant...certainly one of the highlights for this year for sure.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    conguita wrote:
    For loads of personal reasons, but also for what I've seen, I much more prefer '06

i only got to 3 shows this year, and only really liked London. the others were ok.
    that's because the other 2 were the opening and closing festivals.
    but I had a great time in Lisbon, thanks to you and the other Portuguese.

you should have been coming to Dusseldorf ;)
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    The 2006 tour was great because it was the first in so long yada yada yada, but it seemed like the guys were a bit apprehensive towards the european crowd. There weren't many massive changes to the set throughout the tour.

2007 tour had a lot more surprises and the guys seemed to enjoy themselves that little bit more. Jeff went crazy at Copenhagen, Mike went crazy at Nijmegen, didn't see them act like that on the 2006 tour (although i did only make 2 shows, or 3 if you count Astoria). It was good how they got the greatest hits sets over and done with in the festivals, so the gigs got some truly amazing sets.

So 2007 for me definitely. Also helped that I made more shows this time though, meant I could compare shows a lot easier and wasn't worrying about the setlist because there was always the next gig. Also the touring is part of the whole experience.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    fowls wrote:
    Also the touring is part of the whole experience.

I would even say it's a big part of the whole experience. There's a huge difference between driving an hour to Antwerp, seeing Pearl Jam and driving back home on one side, and flying to Canada/Dublin/Copenhagen, meeting up with lots of friends, having drinks, laughs, seeing the show, having an afterparty, flying back home. I cannot even start to compare it.
    I mean I totally loved the Antwerp show, being the first ever in my country. But in the overall experience how I will remember it, it doesn't even come close to my Canada/Dublin/Copenhagen experiences.
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    I didn't see enough shows to make a judgement. I will say though that I wish I had the DVD of the first night in Boston. Great and lively crowd and a great show.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I have only seen one PJ concert, and it was in Denver, CO on July 2nd, 2006. It was indescribable. I loved every second of it and never wanted it to end...I met a handful of AWESOME people/fans and it felt like a giant party with hundreds and hundreds of people that I could get along with...

Pearl Jam brings great things.
    Everyone should see them live.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    London 07 was out of this world,

right from the opening chords of Long Road, wow
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    Angus wrote:
    I would even say it's a big part of the whole experience. There's a huge difference between driving an hour to Antwerp, seeing Pearl Jam and driving back home on one side, and flying to Canada/Dublin/Copenhagen, meeting up with lots of friends, having drinks, laughs, seeing the show, having an afterparty, flying back home. I cannot even start to compare it.
    I mean I totally loved the Antwerp show, being the first ever in my country. But in the overall experience how I will remember it, it doesn't even come close to my Canada/Dublin/Copenhagen experiences.

great point...i was travelling for 3 weeks for 2007, fitting in 4 PJ shows and never would have got to see other incredible performances by Arcade Fice, mogwai, damo rice, aussie pink floyd, faithless, beastie boys, muse, bright eyes, me first & gimme gimmes, air, ETC ETC ETC. the people, the banter, coming back to your hotel / campsite or whatever and knowing you're going to see pearl jam again in a few days and relive the whole experience but in a new way...

FUCKING AWESOME

the responses on this thread are deadly