Options

Macy's fires an Employee for Harassing a TransgenderCustomer

Comments

• Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    _ wrote:
    Some people have literally lost their minds, and they're all in Chaz Bono's contacts list...

I submit that people who believe they are the wrong gender are psychotic. And the doctors that prescribe drastic change operations and perpetuate the psychosis should lose their licenses.

If a patient tells their psychiatrist that they believe they are being followed and watched by alien FBI agents, would the doctor agree, and recommend that the patient endulge the delusion, dress differently, take different routes to work to avoid surveillance, etc.? NO. Because they'd lose their license- because it is harmful, not helpful.

Likewise, when a delusional, psychotic person tells a doctor that they believe they are a woman, when in fact, they are biologically and physiologically a man, the doctor should prescribe therapy and medicine to help the person understand what they are, and deal with that- not affirm the psychosis and encourage it.

I can tell some of you are gonna hit the roof on this, but I submit my opinion respectfully....
    Just think about it...

That's what they used to (and sometimes still do) say about gay people too. Thankfully we as a society have come a long way from that kind of ignorance. We'll respectfully wait for you to catch up.
    "Gender identity issues among individuals with serious mental illness have been labeled as delusions that should not be reinforced by providers.."

You can purchase the case study for $11.95 at the following site: http://psycnet.apa.org/index.cfm?fa=buy.optionToBuy&id=<a href="tel:2011-08009-013">2011-08009-013</a>

Guess we'll have to wait for your citation skills to catch up too.

Making personal attacks is what I expect from the AMT faithful... Its all good. I know you are just trying to show how "evolved and inclusive" you are.

Saying your attack on transgendered people is an ignorant way of thinking is not a personal attack. Neither is criticizing the fact that your citation doesn't provide any useful information.
  • Options
    There is no right or wrong gender. Gender is a social construct. People can chose to perform gender in any way they wish. It's none of your business.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    edited December 2011
    Go Beavers, ok...some of the folks on the train believe we evolved from primates and if they believe that then they must understand that their own evolution has been recorded in their dna along with an instinct to survive,dominate and eliminate the weaker of the species so why are these people so superised that the transgenders of the species would not be tolerated by the stronger and more dominate of the species ?
    just saying :D
    as for me... me and my beliefs would never hurt anyone for being a transgender even tho I don't agree with it
    but I think if people are going to stand up for anything they must take all their thoughts and beliefs into consideration before speaking out.
    well ..that was fun thinking about what people say they believe and and finding holes in their statements over-all cause you know we can't have our cake and eat it too. :lol:

PS. just funnin with you guys. :lol:

Godfather.
    Post edited by Godfather. on
  • Options
    _ wrote:
    There is no right or wrong gender. Gender is a social construct. People can chose to perform gender in any way they wish. It's none of your business.

wahooo...."There is no right or wrong gender. Gender is a social construct." wrong on soooo many levels(imo) my friend no mater what what you believe "evolution" or "God" but I am interested in reading why you believe gender is a social construct, seems we could use the term social construct to explain away many of our faults or choices knowing that what we may choose is out of the realm of logical thinking/setting up ones own life to receive special or even a violent reaction or treatment from the world/people around us .

Godfather.
  • Options
    Jesus loves everyone . . . except gayz. :roll:
    I knew it all along, see?
  • Options
    Jesus loves everyone . . . except gayz. :roll:

really ?...what makes you say that ? I would have to disagree with that.

Godfather.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    funniest thread ever :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

and we haven't seen any pic's of the victim yet either. :lol:

Godfather.
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

and we haven't seen any pic's of the victim yet either. :lol:

Godfather.

:lol::lol::lol:

My brother in law always said he is a lesbian born in a mans body :P
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    Let me get this strait a man dressing in woman's clothes can enter female washrooms or changing areas or vise versa and just say I was assigned the wrong sex...I'm glad Macy's isn't running our schools...like seriuosly nobody question that some pervert could use to their benefit.

:lol::lol::lol:

• Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Oh look, it's the Dinosaur's.
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Macy's employee's get raises for keeping dudes like me out of the woman's dressing room.. go figure..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    I seriously want to know...no one thinks some perverts won't claim they are transgendered if they think they can get away with it?

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Cosmo wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:
    So what is Macy's policy (or the retail industry in general) on evaluating gender?
    Have you ever see the Foo Fighters, 'Learn To Fly' music video?
    Taylor Hawkins... as the stewardess... okay.
    David Grohl... as the Foo Fan... nope.

taylor is a hottie in that clip. its the eyes. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    _ wrote:

wahooo...."There is no right or wrong gender. Gender is a social construct." wrong on soooo many levels(imo) my friend no mater what what you believe "evolution" or "God" but I am interested in reading why you believe gender is a social construct, seems we could use the term social construct to explain away many of our faults or choices knowing that what we may choose is out of the realm of logical thinking/setting up ones own life to receive special or even a violent reaction or treatment from the world/people around us .

Godfather.

do not confuse sex with gender.

would you dress you boybaby in pink? if not, why not? is it cause pink is a girls colour? would you buy a dress for your son if he asked? if not, why not? could it be cause dresses are for girls? what do we call a girl who dresses like a boy? a tomboy. if a boy dresses like a girl then hes a sissy. if a girl dresses like a boy and displays less than girlie behaviour(as decided by society) then chances are someone will call her a lesbian. if a boy has a penchant for frilly shirts some people automatically draw conclusions as to his sexuality. boys who like show tunes have to be fags, rights? why do we do this? could it be because we see clothing(and other things) as a signifier of gender? just because a baby is born with a penis doesnt make them male... just as a baby born without one isnt automatically a female.
    remember months ago all the hoohah when that couple decided not to share the sex of their newborn with those outside their home? remember the indignation of all those who had no right to know but demanded they did. what does it matter what sex a child is born? all that matters is that it is healthy.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    sorry
    a person born witha penis is a male
    a person born with a vagina is a female.
    what happens after that is ?????
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry

so that is your only determining factor? what if a baby is born with a penis and an ovary? the physical division between male and female is very thin. as a male you have a penis and testicles.. as a woman i have labia and a clitoris.. but is that all that makes you male and me female? if i was born without a vagina would that mean i wasnt female??
    Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    okay first of all... if that's all you use to define gender then fine... but you can't tell me that you don't associate certain clothings behaviours etc with either masculinity or femininity.... also as raised earlier a hermaphrodite or intersex person is born neither male nor female. What is interesting is that the same peopl who are likely to display transphobia tend to be the same ones who would be much more comfortable with an intersex individual choosing a gender and having the appropriate surgery to make them at least externally male or female. Many do not feel either male nor female and don't wish to become anything other than what they are. Surely they are evidence that gender is not as simple as male or female.

Also I have to wonder how people feel the need to judge transgendered people as 'psychotic' or anything else when they clearly don't know any
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    ...Also I have to wonder how people feel the need to judge transgendered people as 'psychotic' or anything else when they clearly don't know any

they do it cause theyre scared. the world is an easier place to understand if there is only males and females as defined by society. if there are 'others' that muddy the waters' then theres a chance that soemone they know might not be what they assumed they were. and for some reason they see that as a threat to their
    sexuality.. therefore they dismiss the transgender and the possibility of such as being psychotic.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    sorry

so that is your only determining factor? what if a baby is born with a penis and an ovary? the physical division between male and female is very thin. as a male you have a penis and testicles.. as a woman i have labia and a clitoris.. but is that all that makes you male and me female? if i was born without a vagina would that mean i wasnt female??

we class male and female on genitalia . its that simple. people after that fact can choose, grow learn and accept their place in the gender map
    . and Im all for that. but all this political correctness is just getting a bit silly
    if you have both your a hermafridite ( spelling)

how often do people get born without any sexual organs

so your sex is how you feel
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    have you ever seen the option hermaphrodite on a census form? Most of the time intersex people are not accounted for at all... which bathroom would you like them to use if they cannot be or choose to be (feel) male or female?
    Also sometime the indications that someone is infact intersex is internal only and externally they look like (and are believed to be unless a scan or something is done and the truth is found) one sex or the other. I'm assuming you are male (apologies if I'm wrong) ... if a scan showed that you had an ovary would you nolonger consider yourself a male? And if so why is your identity so tied up in the superficial?
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I seriously want to know...no one thinks some perverts won't claim they are transgendered if they think they can get away with it?

You are aware that there are doors and walls in women's dressing rooms, right? And perverts can sneak in without having to go through the trouble of making themselves up to be transgendered.
  • Options
    If you have a dog and its got a penis is its gender in question.

I accept transgender, but all this touchy feely stuff is a bit over the top.
    sure there are SOME who are born differently but thats SOME not all.
    the majority are born with a sexual organ either penis or vagina and that is and has always been what we define as making us male or female.
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    _ wrote:

Godfather.

do not confuse sex with gender.

would you dress you boybaby in pink? if not, why not? is it cause pink is a girls colour? would you buy a dress for your son if he asked? if not, why not? could it be cause dresses are for girls? what do we call a girl who dresses like a boy? a tomboy. if a boy dresses like a girl then hes a sissy. if a girl dresses like a boy and displays less than girlie behaviour(as decided by society) then chances are someone will call her a lesbian. if a boy has a penchant for frilly shirts some people automatically draw conclusions as to his sexuality. boys who like show tunes have to be fags, rights? why do we do this? could it be because we see clothing(and other things) as a signifier of gender? just because a baby is born with a penis doesnt make them male... just as a baby born without one isnt automatically a female.
    remember months ago all the hoohah when that couple decided not to share the sex of their newborn with those outside their home? remember the indignation of all those who had no right to know but demanded they did. what does it matter what sex a child is born? all that matters is that it is healthy.

Except that the parents are nucking futs. hahahaha

"Just because a baby is born w/ a penis, doesn't make it male."

I laughed so hard when I read this.... the world is fucked.
  • Options
    _ wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

You are aware that there are doors and walls in women's dressing rooms, right? And perverts can sneak in without having to go through the trouble of making themselves up to be transgendered.

duh!!!! I am fully aware...I'm not about to except another excuse that these pervs can use to avoid the law. A mans washroom is for men, a woman washroom is for woman...why is that a problem.

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    lukin2006 wrote:
    _ wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

duh!!!! I am fully aware...I'm not about to except another excuse that these pervs can use to avoid the law. A mans washroom is for men, a woman washroom is for woman...why is that a problem.

Because in the OP, the woman is a woman, but was told she couldn't go into the woman's dressing room. That's the problem.
  • Options
    :lol: as funny as this thread is...it is a perfect example of the direction this country looks to be headed and I have to say it looks real bad, even the most and minium of ideas for survival there is a reason for male and female births, does anybody here even see or understand that reasoning ? aperently not but that's o.k. thankfully most of the world is a little more reasonale than the passengers on a train assuring that life will find a way and not be blocked by personal choices that hinder lifes natural process. and thats not an opinion it's cold hard fact that it takes a male and a female to assure the survival of man ;)

Godfather.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Godfather. wrote:
    :lol: as funny as this thread is

Godfather.

There was a thread last week that made me laugh too......something about what god looks like. :lol:
    The ignorance in this thread is pretty sad. My guess is that alot of these people posting have never known a transgendered person.
  • Options
    dignin wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

There was a thread last week that made me laugh too......something about what god looks like. :lol:
    The ignorance in this thread is pretty sad. My guess is that alot of these people posting have never known a transgendered person.

How many people here do you actually think hang out w/ dudes that chop their own dicks off?

just curious...

CHOP OFF THEIR OWN DICKS.

If that ain't psychotic, then I don't know what is.
  • Options
    dignin wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

don't even want too ;) but you may live life as you wish that's your right as you choose.

Godfather.