Options

Hidden messages...

Comments

• Options
    LadyMLadyM Posts: 211
    I may be new...but I'm pretty sure this is an attempt to hijack my thread :lol:

No, not hijacking, just commenting. I was very excited about your find though. :D

On a side note though in regard to your find and PJ-White Backspacer-Side A - GRAMMA MARGE, DAUGHTER OF PEARL 1918-2009... When I met Ed it was in 2009. I mentioned that my gramma had just passed and he mentioned that his gramma was ill in the hospital as well. I haven't shared that info with anyone until now.
    Honolulu 92 - Maui 98 x2 - Denver 03 - Gorge 05 - Denver 06 x2 - Gorge 06 x2 - Honolulu 06 x2 - EV Honolulu 09 x2 - Alpine Valley 11 x2 - Oklahoma City 13...
  • Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    hopefully all the records have the same message otherwise this will become a madness... :P

Haha... Could you imagine... All of those poor folks that would actually have to open their vinyl... :)
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    jshin wrote:
    hopefully all the records have the same message otherwise this will become a madness... :P

Haha... Could you imagine... All of those poor folks that would actually have to open their vinyl... :)
    :lol:
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Options
    Does anyone know what this one means?

R.J.O.K.V.H.J... M.R. FOREVER

:?: :?: :?:
  • Options

Hey, love...I did a quick Google search, and from what I could find the first letters (RJOKVHJ) are the first initials of all of the band member's kids and the Mr. Forever part has to do with a Dr. Michael Richter. I have no idea if this is correct...
  • Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759

The initials are the band members children and "Mr Forever" was friend of Jeff (I think?) that passed away.. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong..
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    When you guys are next wondering why your vinyl is taking so long in the mail?

now you know.

there's a guy has to scratch all these on. by hand!
  • Options
    Awesome thread..MR forever would be the LEGEND Mr Mark Richards <3
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    Shared this elsewhere. Hope you don't mind OP.
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Shared this elsewhere. Hope you don't mind OP.
    Not at all! Well...that is, unless you shared it somewhere else saying, "man, can you believe what an idiot this girl is not realizing there were hidden messages on album run-out grooves?" ;) Then, you know, that sucks.
  • Options
    No way!! Not at all! This is an amazing find!! gonna go through the Xmas vinyl I have see are there any there!

Anyone check into the wild?
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    I actually think it's this:
    -LP 1 Side A - 1 2 3 O'CLOCK 4 O'CLOCK ROCK (sg) (stone because he wrote a version of this for Obama)
    -LP 1 Side B - THANKS MOM AND DAD (mc) (matt, man of few words)
    -LP 2 Side A - BE LIKE WATER BE LIKE WIND (mm)(mike provided a song for the movie called "be like wind")
    -LP 2 Side B - NOTHING CAN SURPASS THE MYSTERY OF STILLNESS (ja)
    -LP 3 Side A - OUR BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT: ASSISTING TO FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE (ev)
    -LP 3 Side B - LIVE ALOHA EVERYDAY. MAHALO NUI LOA .... PEARL JAM booooooom)
  • Options
    gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    etchings in the run off area are very common and not exclusive to pj. check out your other records and you will find most have them ;) just one more thing that makes vinyl the greatest format.
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    how dare you come in here and post just a great message,,,

some member have posted 20.000+ messages and only talked poo..

;) well done great thread

Ha ha...you beat me to this. I was going to suggest she tone down her apparent love for the band and/or their records if she expects to fit in properly. I had seen a post about the Backspacer etchings, but had never thought to go check for others. Really interesting stuff.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    LadyM wrote:
    So as I was checking out my vinyl for these hidden messages, I realized that I had 2 VS/Vitalogy Super Box Sets in my possession. I didn't remember ordering 2 so I checked my past order history and found that that I did order one in the spring and one this fall. I don't see how I did that. I can't remember, the 10c re-offer it this fall?
    It's still sealed. Maybe I could trade someone for a sealed PJ Twenty vinyl. :roll:

I may be new...but I'm pretty sure this is an attempt to hijack my thread :lol:

photogirlliz = Rookie of the Year
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    photogirlliz = Rookie of the Year

YES!!! :thumbup:
  • Options
    capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    edited December 2011
    gfraser wrote:
    etchings in the run off area are very common and not exclusive to pj. check out your other records and you will find most have them ;) just one more thing that makes vinyl the greatest format.

I just pulled out the newest Twilight Singers album just to see and sure enough it has a few etchings on it as well. I'll be damned, this is awesome.
    Post edited by capthowdy1027 on
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Off he goes b/w Dead man

Gateway LC on the Dead man side

Same legend on Who you are b/w Habit on both sides

xmas singles 2044, 2006, 2007 and 2008 have the word GOLDEN on both sides, so does The fixe white 7"

I got the single Just breathe b/w Got some, the label reads Just breathe but on that side the record plays Got some, and on the side that the label reads Got some the record plays Just breathe, and on the side the label reads Just breathe you can read http://www.gzvinyl.com

The word UNITY is etched also on the Better days 7" on that side of the recod

And you can read GOLDEN on both sides of Longing to belong b/w Can't keep
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    Spags wrote:
    Ta da!

unity.png

www.gzvinyl.com is written on that same side

• Options
    The 2010 Christmas single (No Jeremy, Falling Down) has on it:

TC-2010-A
    S-77201

TC-2010-B
    S-77202
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    The 2010 Christmas single (No Jeremy, Falling Down) has on it:

TC-2010-A
    S-77201

TC-2010-B
    S-77202

and on boths sides read GOLDEN

the TC-20**-A and TC-20**-B and the other numbers you can find it in every xmas single, as of 2004, I don't know the others, since I don't have them

most records have that kind of codes since it is the UPC code or "serial number" for that specific record...

• Options
    PurlyjemPurlyjem Posts: 126
    As a huge vinyl collector I was aware of all the Matrix messages. I didn't receive the PJ20 Vinyl yet, and can't wait!

All the Green River vinyls have some great etching in them as well.

Some of them are:

Green River - Dry as a bone:
    Side A: "I tried to love life..."
    Side B: "But it wanted to be just friends"

Green River - Together we'll never 7" Promo
    Side A: ICP 01 A, R-10458 A "Pet is a verb"
    Side B: ICP 02 B, R-10458 A "Mark is a pet"

I love vinyl!
    "I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.."
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    What? No love for my theory?
    october22 wrote:
    I actually think it's this:
    -LP 1 Side A - 1 2 3 O'CLOCK 4 O'CLOCK ROCK (sg) (stone because he wrote a version of this for Obama)
    -LP 1 Side B - THANKS MOM AND DAD (mc) (matt, man of few words)
    -LP 2 Side A - BE LIKE WATER BE LIKE WIND (mm)(mike provided a song for the movie called "be like wind")
    -LP 2 Side B - NOTHING CAN SURPASS THE MYSTERY OF STILLNESS (ja)
    -LP 3 Side A - OUR BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT: ASSISTING TO FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE (ev)
    -LP 3 Side B - LIVE ALOHA EVERYDAY. MAHALO NUI LOA .... PEARL JAM booooooom)
  • Options
    Ten Reissue

Ten WGiNRP (etched) on both sides
    Ten Redux: RJ (etched) STERLING (typed) on both sides

Vs Reissue WGINRP (etched) on both sides

Vitalogy Reissue WGINRP (etched) on both records on both sides

what would that mean?

• Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    mauichick wrote:
    There are plenty of MR's... Like someone said, Jeff's mate, then there's Marky Ramone also... :)
  • Options
    Not good to confuse the yanks. Pretty clear that EV means only one MR when he uses those initials and stickers up the joint :). We can debate next tour
    vital5 wrote:
    mauichick wrote:
    There are plenty of MR's... Like someone said, Jeff's mate, then there's Marky Ramone also... :)
  • Options
    Purlyjem wrote:
    As a huge vinyl collector I was aware of all the Matrix messages. I didn't receive the PJ20 Vinyl yet, and can't wait!
    I love vinyl!
    My boyfriend and I just started buying vinyl this year...so our collection is still pretty small, but growing. We both love music and thought this could be something fun to do together. So far, we love it as well! :)
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    mauichick wrote:
    Not good to confuse the yanks. Pretty clear that EV means only one MR when he uses those initials and stickers up the joint :). We can debate next tour
    vital5 wrote:
    mauichick wrote:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=111377

Apparantly Backspacer is dedicated to Mike Richter, says it in the sleeve or something (un-researched fact)

Other possibilities:

Molly Ringwold (maybe the boys are a fan of her film portfolio during the 80's i.e. Pretty in Pink)
    Mickey Rourke
    Meg Ryan (who was sleepless in Seattle)
    Michael Richards (fans of Seinfeld's Kramer)
  • Options
    guess im a poor excuse for a blueshirt fan..gonna have to turn in my jersey if yr right...unless it IS Molly Ringwald ;-)
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Nice find! :thumbup: