Options

EURO TOUR 2012..!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    sickofitsickofit Norway Posts: 780
    As for exchanging currency, from experience, banks or airports there's not a big difference. If you don't wanna carry large amounts of cash I'd suggest getting a Visa debit card - used mine for most things when I was in Wisconsin/Chicago ;) ....or have some cash for the journey to Europe and then make withdrawals when you're over here.

Also this is an article I found (originally in Norwegian, Google translated into English) on travelling to and from Copenhagen, Stockholm & Oslo...there's everything: flights, trains and busses - travel times and prices. Scroll down to the handy table.
    NOTE: prices are in Norwegian kroners (NOK) and from 2009
    http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... vn&act=url
    if I keep holding out,.... will the light shine through?
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    sickofit wrote:
    As for exchanging currency, from experience, banks or airports there's not a big difference. If you don't wanna carry large amounts of cash I'd suggest getting a Visa debit card - used mine for most things when I was in Wisconsin/Chicago ;) ....or have some cash for the journey to Europe and then make withdrawals when you're over here.

I was just going to post : I usually just use my visa ! There are fees, but it's way more convenient than carrying cash around and finding the cheapest rate to exchange it. Especially when going from one country to the next in such a short time window, as we will.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    myra wrote:
    sickofit wrote:

I was just going to post : I usually just use my visa ! There are fees, but it's way more convenient than carrying cash around and finding the cheapest rate to exchange it. Especially when going from one country to the next in such a short time window, as we will.
    Yes im gonna do the same ,but if wanna buy a bootle of water or something like that,need to have some cash with you.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    myra wrote:
    sickofit wrote:

Yes im gonna do the same ,but if wanna buy a bootle of water or something like that,need to have some cash with you.

Draw cash from an ATM ?! Like, at the airport ? That's what I usually do.
  • Options
    I realized not everybody wants to travel by plane so I gathered some information about the trains in Sweden/Norway/Denmark:

If you wan't to go from Stockholm to Oslo you need to take the train from Stockholm to Gothenburg (Göteborg C)
    (with swedish SJ) and the change train to Oslo (with norwegian NSB).

From Oslo to Copenhagen (Köbenhavn H) you also change train in Gothenburg. Oslo - Gothenburg with NSB and Gothenburg - Copenhagen with SJ.

http://www.sj.se/start/startpage/index.form?l=en
    http://www.nsb.no/?lang=en_US

There are other ways if you search timetables but these are the major cities and you don't have to change train a dozen of times in the middle of nowhere...

Have no idea about the costs but if you book early it's usually really cheap...

Train tickets are ridiculously expensive in Scandinavia. Usually much cheaper to go by plane.
    I blame the government! Well, I blame the government (the old one, that is) for almost everything really - Even the weather. And I can provide argumentation if needed, but it very rarely is :lol:

You can get a trainticket from Stockholm to Copenhagen for approx 200-300 SEK (21-31€) if you book early.
    Not that expensive in my opinion...

No, you're absolutely right about that. I checked the prizes after I had posted the message.
    But you do need to be lucky to get hold of the few cheap tickets there are available.
    At least that's the way it is in Denmark - We have these so-called Orange Tickets that are dirt cheap but they sell out so quickly.
    1992: Copenhagen, Roskilde. 1996: Berlin, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Paris, Zürich, Rome, Milan, Prague, Budapest, Istanbul. 2000: Stockholm, Roskilde. 2006: Prague, Berlin, Vienna. 2007: Munich, Katowice, (Venice), Düsseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen. 2009: Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London. 2010: Dublin, Belfast, Berlin. 2012: Amsterdam x 2, Prague, Berlin x 2, Stockholm, Copenhagen. 2014: Amsterdam x 2, Vienna and Berlin. 2017: London. 2017 Plans: Prague, Krakow, Berlin and London 2 :-)
  • Options
    -Buru- wrote:

WHY I USE CAPITAL??? :?

Because you are talking about capital?
    ;)

Good point though, can we jsut change money at the airport? Or will they rip as off if we do that?
    There's a Forex exchange in Copenhagen Airport and at the Central Station - They have ok rates. Good trustworthy Swedish company I think :)
    You can use Visa and Mastercard almost everywhere in Cph, but you do pay a percentage when using foreign credit or debit cards.
    1992: Copenhagen, Roskilde. 1996: Berlin, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Paris, Zürich, Rome, Milan, Prague, Budapest, Istanbul. 2000: Stockholm, Roskilde. 2006: Prague, Berlin, Vienna. 2007: Munich, Katowice, (Venice), Düsseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen. 2009: Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London. 2010: Dublin, Belfast, Berlin. 2012: Amsterdam x 2, Prague, Berlin x 2, Stockholm, Copenhagen. 2014: Amsterdam x 2, Vienna and Berlin. 2017: London. 2017 Plans: Prague, Krakow, Berlin and London 2 :-)
  • Options
    AC41750 wrote:
    morello wrote:
    Aga81 wrote:
    So I'm looking for accommodation - how about You guys?? :D Can't wait... I want July to come :)
    +1 I'll have to check out the accom others have booked. Be great to stay with other 10c folk. :)

Also, I too will be going Stockholm - Copenhagen So definitely interested in info on that.

STOCKHOLM
    http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetail ... 3god1WitRg

OSLO
    http://www.booking.com/hotel/no/sentrum ... 3godex96Sg

COPENHAGEN
    http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetail ... DgodJzWyRw

I booked at these places that were on the 1st page of this thread, hopefully other 10c people will be there!
    I'll have a look at hostelworld later and see what's good, cheap and with a good location for Cph later or tomorrow.

The good thing about the venue is that it isn't miles away from the centre of the city, so no matter where you book accomodation, the distance from the venue will be bearable.
  • Options
    Thanks to Scandinavians for all the infos :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    Thanks to Scandinavians for all the infos :)

+1 :)
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    Hi,
    I am looking for 2 tickets to amsterdam2.
    tks.
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    Hello I'm still looking go one standing for Berlin, pm me if you have one
  • Options
    I had an afternoon nap, because I have to go to work in 20 minutes...and dreamed that the 10c wrote on their newssite, that there is an special announcement at 17:50. And then everyone's gone crazy because they thought a second berlin show would be added and we got scared for buying tickets all over again. :D but then ticketmaster added another copenhagen show and we got tickets in less then 2 seconds... ;) haha. damn it...my dreams have to start to come true!!
  • Options
    wolkenlos wrote:
    I had an afternoon nap, because I have to go to work in 20 minutes...and dreamed that the 10c wrote on their newssite, that there is an special announcement at 17:50. And then everyone's gone crazy because they thought a second berlin show would be added and we got scared for buying tickets all over again. :D but then ticketmaster added another copenhagen show and we got tickets in less then 2 seconds... ;) haha. damn it...my dreams have to start to come true!!
    sure was copenhagen..??no stocholm :mrgreen:
  • Options
    wolkenlos wrote:

Nooo, it has to be Berlin or both!! ;)
    Darkness comes in waves,... tell me, why invite it to stay?
  • Options
    wolkenlos wrote:

Nooo, it has to be Berlin or both!! ;)
    8-)
  • Options
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=179734

Stocholm infos
    thanks.. :)
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    Anyone else miss out on Olso tix & found a good way to go Stockholm-Copenhagen?
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,296
    morello wrote:
    get youre ticket here;
    http://www.billettservice.no/event/PEAR ... er/OSP0907
    and travel with these;
    http://www.flysas.com/en/uk/?vst=true
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    morello wrote:
    get youre ticket here;
    http://www.billettservice.no/event/PEAR ... er/OSP0907
    and travel with these;
    http://www.flysas.com/en/uk/?vst=true
    Thank-you!! :) I'd kinda replaced Oslo with Amsterdam2 in my trip plan/budget so hmmmm.... 8-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    http://www.pearljam.com/news/pj-europea ... tband-info

PJ European/ UK Tour Early Entry Wristband Info

Dear Fans,

As promised all eligible members who purchased European/ UK GA floor tickets through the official* public ticket sales are eligible for up to 2 early entry wristbands. Tickets purchased through third party ticket vendors are not eligible for wristbands. To be eligible, you must have been a member by December 5th at 11:59pm PST. Only eligible members will be emailed a unique link directing them to a wristband request form to fillout.

The eligible member will be asked to check a box next to each show you purchased GA floor tickets to, and you will need to provide proof of purchase info which you can find on your order confirmation. Members have until Tuesday, January 3rd at 2:59pm PST ( 10:59pm GTE/ 11:59pm CTE) to fill out this form before this offer expires.

After that time, we will verify members have GA floor tickets with the official General ticket vendors. This may take a couple of weeks to verify each order, so your patience is appreciated in the meantime. Once we have completed the verification process, members will receive an email from Ten Club confirming a pair of Early Entry wristbands. Like fan club tickets, these will be distributed at will call on the day of the show.

Wristbands: The floor is a mix of fan club and general public ticket holders. There will not be a separate sectioned off fan club area. Wristbands grant early entrance to the floor before the general public doors, to give our fans first option to get down in front of the stage. Early entry time is typically between 15-30 minute prior to the public doors. Eligible members will be notified the early entry time at a later date.

Important:
    - Seated tickets are not eligible for early entry wristbands.
    - If you successfully purchased tickets through the CrowdSurge pre-sale and have an order confirmation, please do not fill out this form. You're already set with tickets and wristbands.
    - Eligible fans who ordered 1 GA floor ticket will receive 1 wristband.
    - Eligible fans who ordered more than 2 GA floor tickets will receive 2 wristbands. Sorry, as with our ticketing policy we can not accommodate more than 2.
    - You will not be asked for your name or email in this form. Your unique link is associated with you only (the member whose fan club account is associated with this email address).
    - Do not visit the above link and fill out this form on behalf of another member who purchased GA floor tickets. The links are unique to each member.
    - Only the member who was sent the link may pick the wristbands up at will call by showing valid government photo ID in person. No exceptions.
    - GA floor tickets purchased through third party ticket vendors are not eligible for early entry wristbands.
    - If you are not certain your online purchase is valid for this offer, please check the list of official ticket vendors below.
    - Wristbands are non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
    - Selling of wristbands on Ebay, Craigslist and other such re-sell sites will result in the cancelation of your wristbands, and potentially the revocation of future ticketing benefits.
    - False GA floor ticket order claims will not be issued wristbands.

We are receiving a high volume of emails at this time. To better serve our members, please email all questions pertaining to the offer to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> with the subject "Wristbands".

*List of official Ticket Vendors:
    Live Nation
    Ticketmaster
    Tickets.de
    ticnet
    billettservice
    billetnet

Best regards,
    Ten Club
  • Options
    Anyone thinking of hiring a bus to go Stockholm-Oslo-Copenhagen? Even Berlin-Stockholm-Oslo-Copenhagen? We could do it surely!
    <hr>
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    Anyone thinking of hiring a bus to go Stockholm-Oslo-Copenhagen? Even Berlin-Stockholm-Oslo-Copenhagen? We could do it surely!
    There is a bus about stocholm -oslo i think..facebook..i didnt look any updates..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    morello wrote:
    There is a bus about stocholm -oslo i think..facebook..i didnt look any updates..
    I haven't seen anything on facebook about this but I'll take a harder look. If you can pass any info on be great. :)
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
  • Options
    I'm assuming a wristband will now be given for the 2nd Amsterdam show :mrgreen: .

Unfortunately I didn't score GA for night 1 :evil: . But at least I'm in the building 8-) .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    morello wrote:
    I haven't seen anything on facebook about this but I'll take a harder look. If you can pass any info on be great. :)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 899367612/
  • Options
    morello wrote:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 899367612/
    Oh ok thanks, yeah I'm joined up to all those. :)
    <hr>
  • Options
    Merry Christmas to all :)
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    merry christmas everyone! my dad gave me "touring money" (the exact term he used) as a present, and he drew a really nice card with a christmas tree that had all the cities I'll be going to as the decorations on it. :D
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:
    merry christmas everyone! my dad gave me "touring money" (the exact term he used) as a present, and he drew a really nice card with a christmas tree that had all the cities I'll be going to as the decorations on it. :D

Great pressie. Merry xmas y'all!!!
    RDS Dublin - Aug 26 1995 (Neil Young with Pearl Jam)
    Millstreet Arena - Oct 24, 1996
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 20 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 26 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 16 2014