• Options
    mtxmtx Posts: 283
    goldrush wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    What did I miss? Oh, look, nothing. :lol::lol::lol:
    :lol:
    Another day of waiting. Hello everybody ;)
    Wuhlheide 2006, 2009, 2010,2014; Chorzów 2007; Hyde Park 2010; Open'er 2010;
    Alpine 1&2;
    2012 Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, Copenhagen;
    2013 Wrigley EarthCam / Ice cold water $1
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,887
    Pauk wrote:
    Chrisilein wrote:
    I don't understand why it was necessary to have the membership up to date by the 5th?
    Adding to LMM's post...

They need a clear cut off for membership, otherwise people could join when they read the tour announcement to take advantage of the offer, greatly increasing the number of people trying for tickets and probably pissing off a lot of 10c members. Having a clear cut off date days before the announcement stops all that from happening and is much clearer to everyone involved, rather than cutting it off at the time of the announcement.

The tweets still give the heads up, but at the same time isn't as obvious as posting it as a news item on the homepage.

I totally understand your point but as we have the 7th now i thought that the 6th would be good enough to have the membership up to date! It made sense to me as long as they make the announcement on the 6th. On the other hand i can't remember how it was in the last years...
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    TexicoTexico Posts: 122
    Chrisilein wrote:
    Pauk wrote:
    Chrisilein wrote:
    I don't understand why it was necessary to have the membership up to date by the 5th?
    Adding to LMM's post...

They need a clear cut off for membership, otherwise people could join when they read the tour announcement to take advantage of the offer, greatly increasing the number of people trying for tickets and probably pissing off a lot of 10c members. Having a clear cut off date days before the announcement stops all that from happening and is much clearer to everyone involved, rather than cutting it off at the time of the announcement.

The tweets still give the heads up, but at the same time isn't as obvious as posting it as a news item on the homepage.

I totally understand your point but as we have the 7th now i thought that the 6th would be good enough to have the membership up to date! It made sense to me as long as they make the announcement on the 6th. On the other hand i can't remember how it was in the last years...

As far as i can remember the announcement came the day after you had to have your membership up-to-date (the only exception i remember is the EV Australia Tour), so in this case that would have been the 6th... don't know why we didn't have an announcement yesterday... fingers crossed for today then!
  • Options
    Texico wrote:
    Chrisilein wrote:
    Pauk wrote:
    Adding to LMM's post...

As far as i can remember the announcement came the day after you had to have your membership up-to-date (the only exception i remember is the EV Australia Tour), so in this case that would have been the 6th... don't know why we didn't have an announcement yesterday... fingers crossed for today then!

It is reasonable to expect that the announcement would come the day after membership would be up to date. As well as giving fans the head up to renew their membership in order to not miss out on tickets, let's not kid ourselves, 10C also put these announcements out to make money from the renewals.

By setting the cut off date the day before the announcement they maximise the amount of time they have for renewals, otherwise they;re just cutting their nose off to spite their face.

There could be loads of other factors as to why the announcement has yet to be made. Promoters may be dragging their heels, changing their minds etc.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    Nothing is happening and I don't think will get any news this week :cry: and if it's just a bunch of Festivals I am going to be furious :twisted:
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    mrsuarez wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    mrsuarez wrote:
    3 days reading this treat and until this minute I did not have membership yet. Anyway, here I am ready to keep pressing F5 and to keep procrastinating sleep and work hours

your a day late with the membership matey :oops:

seems like I was not :P .
    My theory is that the 10 c pople wanted to be nice to the ones that got their membership late (for time-zone things or any other reason like me). Taking that positive though into account, they will make the final anouncements today :D

Good morning everyone ;)

:(
    Sorry chap, but the deadline was (and I quote) 'By the 5th December' if you renewed on the 6th then you are/were too late... The timing of whatever it is they are announcing is irrelevant, the only date that was important for membership was 5th December... the fact that they haven't announced yet does not mean the membership deadline was extended.
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    Hello everyone for the first time! I'm a new 10C member and joined ON the 5th December without having any knowledge about the imminent tour announcement! Must be a Pearl Jam psychic of some kind... heehee.

Very excited to be here. Been a fan for pretty much 20 years after a Seattle-based penfriend when I was 15 sent me a cassette with MLB on one side and PJ on the other... but just never got round to joining the fan club for some reason. I've only seen them live twice - once in London and once in Glasgow. I'm in Edinburgh and very VERY VERY much hoping they play a Scottish date this time around. We're due one and the Scots make a good crowd for playing to (although maybe I'm biased)!

Spent the last 3 days trying to decide on my free digital download and finally got the Oct 31 2009 Philadelphia Wachovia Spectrum Arena gig - mainly for Crown of Thorns and Devo involvement! Hope it's good. Sure it will be.

It seems like a lovely supportive little community on here. I've never really used forums before, but am looking forward to chatting to you all. Here... I'll have a go at a smiley! :)

Rowanx
  • Options
    I think on the announcement of the tour dates the most important point would be:

"Tenclub guarantees that 'Ole' will not be played in any of the listed shows"

:D
    04.09.2006 - Lisbon
    05.09.2006 - Lisbon
    08.06.2007 - Lisbon
    13.06.2007 - Katowice
    15.08.2009 - Berlin
    30.06.2010 - Berlin
  • Options
    MoemaiMoemai The Netherlands Posts: 329
    376550_239742882757457_100001652403464_640872_1010156651_n.jpg Saw this on Amanda's page:P
  • Options
    alfro_jalfro_j Posts: 145
    I think on the announcement of the tour dates the most important point would be:

+1 :lol:
  • Options
    Sappy113Sappy113 Posts: 178
    For those familiar with Memes, I've just created this Y U NO regarding this matter that worries us all.
    All this suspense is murderous.

12010998.jpg

Spend a lot of time on neoGAF, so this made me laugh :lol:
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I'm liking the amount of foreigners that are planning on coming, and new peeps that are saying hello! 8-)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Faithful_1Faithful_1 Glasgow Posts: 172
    Hello everyone for the first time! I'm a new 10C member and joined ON the 5th December without having any knowledge about the imminent tour announcement! Must be a Pearl Jam psychic of some kind... heehee.

Very excited to be here. Been a fan for pretty much 20 years after a Seattle-based penfriend when I was 15 sent me a cassette with MLB on one side and PJ on the other... but just never got round to joining the fan club for some reason. I've only seen them live twice - once in London and once in Glasgow. I'm in Edinburgh and very VERY VERY much hoping they play a Scottish date this time around. We're due one and the Scots make a good crowd for playing to (although maybe I'm biased)!

Spent the last 3 days trying to decide on my free digital download and finally got the Oct 31 2009 Philadelphia Wachovia Spectrum Arena gig - mainly for Crown of Thorns and Devo involvement! Hope it's good. Sure it will be.

It seems like a lovely supportive little community on here. I've never really used forums before, but am looking forward to chatting to you all. Here... I'll have a go at a smiley! :)

Rowanx

I really hope you're right!! I've travelled to gigs for over 10 years now.
    SECC - Jun 03, 2000
    Leeds Festival - Aug 25, 2006
    Reading Festival - Aug 27, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    ISS Dome - Jun 21, 2007
    MEN - Aug 17, 2009
    Odyssey - Jun 23, 2010
    Wuhlheide - Jun 30, 2010
    MEN - Jun 20, 2012
    MEN - Jun 21, 2012
    Leeds - Jul 8, 2014
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    alfro_j wrote:

Can I ask that Last Kiss gets added to the list. In fact goes straight to the top. Please!!

Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,879
    IamTom wrote:
    alfro_j wrote:

Can I ask that Last Kiss gets added to the list. In fact goes straight to the top. Please!!

Stop it Tom....

'oh where oh where can my baby be?'
  • Options
    CocoyrCocoyr Manila, Philippines Posts: 114
    Correct me if I am wrong or if this has another thread already but After checking the 10c membership benefits, I noticed that the Free T Shirt is gone and is replaced by: Limited Edition Annual Merchandise Item.
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,887
    ...the Waiting is the hardest part... ;)
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    ... and here we are :lol:

good morning everyone!
  • Options
    I promised myself I'd stay off the forums today as i can't stand that creeping niggling stomach moving butterfly-like PJ anxiety that comes around every tour announcement any longer......yesterday was all just too much for a poor northern boy to take.

But f**k it, here we all are ready to do it again.

Morning All!
  • Options
    MoemaiMoemai The Netherlands Posts: 329
    :lol: exactly my thoughts
    moooorrrrning!
    I promised myself I'd stay off the forums today as i can't stand that creeping niggling stomach moving butterfly-like PJ anxiety that comes around every tour announcement any longer......yesterday was all just too much for a poor northern boy to take.

But f**k it, here we all are ready to do it again.

Morning All!
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    CALM DOWN

its the same as it ever was :roll:

:mrgreen: :P :lol:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,027
    Hey all,

Just joined 10C and this is my first time waiting on a tour announcement. I only became a fan about three years ago after watching Into the Wild and exploring (or rather obsessing about!) all the band's and Eddie's music from from there. Saw them at Hyde Park last time round, it was such an amazing day, it's left me eager for more!

Was hoping to catch them a few times on this tour but the unconfirmed dates mean its gonna be a bit of a struggle. Will hopefully get to Machester and maybe Amsterdam (if I can persuade my girlfriend that Amsterdam is a much nicer place to spend our holidays than Venice :D )

Anyway, can we have the announcement soon please, otherwise my boss will start noticing that I haven't done any work this week!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Argh, the suspense. It's even spoiling my lurking. :(

Will be at the Manchester gig anyway, hopefully Berlin too. \m/
  • Options
    Which do you think guys will be the way to announce? the tour page? another tweet? the pages of the venues?
  • Options
    mrsuarez wrote:
    Which do you think guys will be the way to announce? the tour page? another tweet? the pages of the venues?

normally here on the home page and in the news section. Tickets will be available in the goods section, few days later.
    2006 Arnhem - Antwerp - Paris 2007 Nijmegen - Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen - Arras - Werchter 2012 Amsterdam - Werchter - Arras - Berlin 2014 Amsterdam - Berlin - Werchter 2018 Pinkpop - London - Berlin - Werchter - London
    @BelgianPJfan
  • Options
    TexicoTexico Posts: 122
    I have a feeling this may take a couple of days more till we get the announcement... but hopefully not... come on, give it to us today!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    7 am here on the east coast; it's raining really hard and the sun isn't even up yet. what a miserable day....come on 10c give us some news!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mrsuarez wrote:

normally here on the home page and in the news section. Tickets will be available in the goods section, few days later.

perfect, thanks ;)

Lets then keep "F5ing"
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    mrsuarez wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    mrsuarez wrote:
    3 days reading this treat and until this minute I did not have membership yet. Anyway, here I am ready to keep pressing F5 and to keep procrastinating sleep and work hours

My theory is that the 10 c pople wanted to be nice to the ones that got their membership late (for time-zone things or any other reason like me). Taking that positive though into account, they will make the final anouncements today :D

Good morning everyone ;)

you can join at any time... i could join today if i wished... my point was that your membership had to be up to date and valid by end of the 5th Dec... you may have joined 1 day late.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    mrsuarez wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

Good morning everyone ;)

:(
    Sorry chap, but the deadline was (and I quote) 'By the 5th December' if you renewed on the 6th then you are/were too late... The timing of whatever it is they are announcing is irrelevant, the only date that was important for membership was 5th December... the fact that they haven't announced yet does not mean the membership deadline was extended.

what this man said! ^^^^^^^^
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
This discussion has been closed.