Options

*** Hollywood Fanviews 7/12 Here ***

13»

Comments

• Options
    dugan99dugan99 Posts: 7
    Luckily, I won through an email on the Street Team, and also luckily, my boss let me out of work at 10:30am to go stand in line (she was actually pissed I wasn't already there) and all the time waiting in the sun outside paid off because I was able to get a spot right in the front in front of Mike. I met a lot of the folks who were longtime fans who won tickets, and I made friends with a number of people who didn't have tickets. Everyone there was super cool and understanding of the situation, so I am glad it paid off in the end for everyone.

As far as the show goes, everyone is right, it was mindblowing. I didn't turn around too much to see if people were on phones or not paying attenion, I was getting shredded on by Mike an awful lot. I was taking pics with my phone for sure because they 'weren't allowing cameras inside' (which I put in quotes because three dudes around me all had them).

Great fanbase where I was singing loudly and fist pumping and all the good stuff and the songs were ridiculous. That Masters of War was MADE by McCready, the energy on Crazy Mary was sick, and Matt went off again on his drum solo...even security turned around to watch that. Speaking of security at the front of the stage, I gotta give them props for bringing out bottled water to pour into the mouths of the fans toward the front, that was an absolute lifesaver.

I'll live to be 80 and never see another show like this, so I am happy as a pig in shit.

Dugan
  • Options
    hairpantshairpants Posts: 38
    vmfury wrote:
    I felt really bad for the people who waited all night and then all day the day of the show and didn't get in. These were clearly diehard fans and they deserved so much to be there. That show was so good and shouldn't have been missed by fans who truly love this band.

I'd also like to say that there were some really cool people who made my night that much better. :) Aye truly was my saving grace while Sonic Youth was on and I was bored out of my mind waiting for PJ to start. One of the FUNNEST shows I've attended. Certainly the best this tour for me.

what was the FUNNEST, ever?
    fuck the public
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    Cosmo wrote:
    Everyone got in!!! I was so glad because there was a huge contingency of fans without tickets... including the Touring Van crew, Liza Radley, AccBootlegGoddess, SighEternally, Jack Shit, Coldie, Karen, vmfury, Kaddikat and everyone get it.
    The show was great and the truely grateful, albeit unlucky KROQ callers fans made the show great. We were all so happy to get in and were very vocal about it.
    It was amazing to see the band in such a small venue... for FREE!!! Such an amazing event to be a part of and they really rocked the paint off the place. This marks the halfway point in my journey this tour. So, far it has been nothing short of tremendous. Sandy Eggo, two Forum shows and this 1,200 capacity theater has left me with my ass totally kicked. Four down, four to go.
    It was cool to see Steve Jones onstage with the band... and I heard John Doe was in the house... hoping he would join in on 'Must Not Think Bad Thoughts', because afterall... it is his song... but, oh well, maybe next time. 'Masters Of War' was powerful. It made the all day affair in the blazing Sun all worthwhile.
    I want to thank the flakey KROQ winners and V.I.P. follks that were no shows, because their absense allowed the rest of us huddled masses to see and hear this amazing show. And I was SOOOOO happy that KROQ winners SENROCK!, YieldForJeff, Pixie and PJammin' all got front row spots.
    Oh... and FUCK YOU SCALPER SCUM!!! I hope you ended up eating those tickets you were asking 400+ dollars for.
    Next Stop... Santa Baba.

Hey Cosmo! I'm so happy you ended up getting in! I wondered because I didn't see you inside. I was lucky enough to have tickets so I didn't have to worry, but I felt horrible for all of the nice fans who dealt with the uncertainty all day. It was super great to meet you. Have fun in SB!!! :)
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    hairpants wrote:
    what was the FUNNEST, ever?

HOB was the BEST. Always will be.
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    hairpantshairpants Posts: 38
    vmfury wrote:
    HOB was the BEST. Always will be.

*cough*

and why?
    fuck the public
  • Options
    Which Sonic Youth guy gave away that extra? That's so cool.
  • Options
    I got there at 530pm with my 2 brothers. Personally I didn't think we would get in but we decided to stick it out and see what would happen. I think we were the 35th persons in the no ticket line. That grocery bag list was pretty stupid (cause I wasn't on it) but once the security guard came out most people rushed to the front hoping he would call them inside. I leaned in closer to the rail on the left side and nervously raised my index finger to the sky hoping he would take pitty on me. He did. My 2 brothers and myself where picked the third or fourth time he came around. I felt bad that I was let in way ahead of other people but once I saw how empty the venue was I felt the rest of the herd would be let in little by little. As I was handed my ticket and searched everything seemed so surreal. It was like a beautiful dream that can only happen in Hollywood. ( and I fucking hate hollywood). I think Eddie was into his fourth song when we arrived. We quickly made our way into the floor where alot of great fans sorrounded us as we all danced and screamed to almost every song. The girl next to me took went down to her sports bra and danced like a fucking riot. I fell in love. There was a huge guy in front of me from Vegas who brought alot of Energy (Shrek Style) and bad odor, which smelled glorious due to where I was at. I was really proud of the L.A crowd on the FLOOR. After Forum night one I was dissapointed that my hometown peeps where such a letdown that I expected the same in here. The thunderous noice was so vibrant that for the first time in a long time I didn't need feel the urge to buy alcohol in order to be set on fire. AMAZING NIGHT!!! Wish EVERYONE could Have GONE!!! EVERYONE!! Besides Mexico City 3 nights in a row, this show by far beats out all my other ones! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU>...
    Atlanta 2000* Los Angeles 2000* Irvine x2 2003* Mexico x3 2003* Santa Barbara 2003* Gorge 2005* Vancouver 2005* Los Angeles Forum1.Forum2.FUCKING FONDA 2006!
  • Options
    I have been working all day and haven't been able to give a nice lost post like I would like to. But I do want to give a shout right now too all my new friends and the old one's I was reaquainted with this past week or so. The Fonda Show and everything that went into that long day was beyond words, but at some point in the next few days I am going to try and sum it up! The brown paper bag, the guy that snatched my ticket(and the surprising way PJ security decided to handle it, the bald venue security guy, my friends chilling from 2am to 4:30 with me, my KROQ call that netted me NOTHING at 6AM, the sun burn on my ankles, sleeping on the street like a homeless man, what else can I say... there was a lot more and those that were there will never forget it.

I will be up in Seattle so let's all get together again.

Oh yeah, My Myspace is Myspace.com/flatbushfilms would love to add you all....

Thanks to Mike, Nora, Kathy, Nelson, Brian, Brent(for being the nicest dude around and hooking me up with my ticket in Santa Barbara), Ben, I know there's a lot more too.... Thanks to everyone for that night and those days!!!

It was all in all an amazing week!

Keith
    10/22/00 LV, 10/24/00 LA, 10/20/01 SF, 10/21/01 AF, 12/8/02 SEA, 12/9/02 SEA, 6/3/03 Irvine, 7/9/03 MSG, 9/1/05 Gorge, 6/3/06 NJ, 7/9/06 LA, 7/10/06 LA, 7/12/06 The Fonda, 7/13/06 SB, 7/22/06 Gorge, 7/23/06 Gorge, 10/21/06 SF, 10/22/06 SF, 12/2/06 HAW, 12/9/06 HAW, 4/10/08 SB, 4/12/08 LA, 4/15/08 SD
  • Options
    LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    This show sounds awesome. Too bad the small shows are always impossible to get into here in Los Angeles. They're never handled by the ten club and they're never really sold fairly. Kind of sucks that an LA fan has to either have the means to travel to see a "small" pj show or just never get to.

And btw, Sonic Youth may be great on their produced album, but live they were horrid.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Options
    Hey man, I didn't jack your ticket bro... it was up for grabs and I got lucky... at least we all got in for an amazing night... once in a lifetime bro... Yankees baby
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    yataheyatahe New Mexico Posts: 168
    my daughter and i. I'm pretty sure she was the only 10 year old there. We got there about 2 or 3 and were #'s 32 and 33 on the list. It was a great experience to wait around in line all day HOPING we would get in because of the fact that we did get in. Hello Amy! Thanks for trying to get us in. And hi to every one else who were there and who were unknowingly entertaining; those who were getting mad at a girl who was trying to make money off of fake tickets(all the drama that goes on), that one guy who looked like Kurt Cobain who was drinking beer (man did that look good), smoking and who held a sign to buy a ticket for 300.00-just every face who we exchanged glances with while thinking, "why are you here?' and in the end we all found out we are all on the same boat, on the same web sight that had a rumor that said "go down there! they will let you in". So, it was a great experience, the people were neat and i'm glad my daughter and i got to be a part of it. we felt like a team. (we were even making plans to rush the door-you know, i try to teach my daughter the important things in life). It was the firework display for the end before we headed back to our home state. see ya around.-hopefully soon.
    *KRISTAL*XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
    http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1434776887
    kristal_007@msn.com
  • Options
    I tried, but I cannot allow him to say he didn't steal my ticket and even post a message on this board saying so. So I will just say this and be done with it:

You 100% STOLE my ticket. You know it. I know it. And everyone that was right there in the line knows it. I mean really, how dare you say you didn't. He looked right at me, said here you go, put it in my hand and then you came in a grabbed it out of it. It's a pretty simple equation. HE put it in my hand BRO. If I didn't let go after you grabbed it, it would have ripped in half. I didn't want that happening TO MY TICKET! And quite honestly, I couldn't believe you were doing what you were doing. What kind of person are you? How were you raised? I am not gonna go on here about what a lowlife you are, it's not the place and this should be a GOOD Karma board! But, YES, YOU DID STEAL SOMEONE'S TICKET. That's just the kind of person you are I guess, whatever though, Karma got me in after you did that anyway. You are the lowest of the low and Karma will get you too one day son. I know when I walked into that show I had a clear and guilt free conscious... I just don't know how you don't at least own up to what you did. It's over now anyway.

Hope you live a great happy life...
    10/22/00 LV, 10/24/00 LA, 10/20/01 SF, 10/21/01 AF, 12/8/02 SEA, 12/9/02 SEA, 6/3/03 Irvine, 7/9/03 MSG, 9/1/05 Gorge, 6/3/06 NJ, 7/9/06 LA, 7/10/06 LA, 7/12/06 The Fonda, 7/13/06 SB, 7/22/06 Gorge, 7/23/06 Gorge, 10/21/06 SF, 10/22/06 SF, 12/2/06 HAW, 12/9/06 HAW, 4/10/08 SB, 4/12/08 LA, 4/15/08 SD
  • Options
    sbudlongsbudlong Posts: 8
    I got there at 530pm with my 2 brothers. Personally I didn't think we would get in but we decided to stick it out and see what would happen. I think we were the 35th persons in the no ticket line. That grocery bag list was pretty stupid (cause I wasn't on it) but once the security guard came out most people rushed to the front hoping he would call them inside. I leaned in closer to the rail on the left side and nervously raised my index finger to the sky hoping he would take pitty on me. He did. My 2 brothers and myself where picked the third or fourth time he came around. I felt bad that I was let in way ahead of other people but once I saw how empty the venue was I felt the rest of the herd would be let in little by little. As I was handed my ticket and searched everything seemed so surreal. It was like a beautiful dream that can only happen in Hollywood. ( and I fucking hate hollywood). I think Eddie was into his fourth song when we arrived. We quickly made our way into the floor where alot of great fans sorrounded us as we all danced and screamed to almost every song. The girl next to me took went down to her sports bra and danced like a fucking riot. I fell in love. There was a huge guy in front of me from Vegas who brought alot of Energy (Shrek Style) and bad odor, which smelled glorious due to where I was at. I was really proud of the L.A crowd on the FLOOR. After Forum night one I was dissapointed that my hometown peeps where such a letdown that I expected the same in here. The thunderous noice was so vibrant that for the first time in a long time I didn't need feel the urge to buy alcohol in order to be set on fire. AMAZING NIGHT!!! Wish EVERYONE could Have GONE!!! EVERYONE!! Besides Mexico City 3 nights in a row, this show by far beats out all my other ones! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU>...

i agree with ya, that grocery bag was pretty stupid i wasnt on it either, infact i wasnt aloud to get on it thanks to the bitch with glasses
  • Options
    on a side note.... when we left the Fonda that same dike with glasses that kept people of "THE LIST" was walking ALONE thru the intersection as we pulled up to the traffic light. Did I think about running her over and dragging her along Hollywood Blvd?.... "Here's the list bitch" ( runs her over)... ran thru my mind.
    Atlanta 2000* Los Angeles 2000* Irvine x2 2003* Mexico x3 2003* Santa Barbara 2003* Gorge 2005* Vancouver 2005* Los Angeles Forum1.Forum2.FUCKING FONDA 2006!
  • Options
    Goodfella --Sorry bro... the ticket was up for grabs, but no use arguing. Glad you got in... I know how it feels to camp out (been doing it all night for SF), so I understand your frustration, but don't take it out on me. Anyway... best night of my life! Thanks to the Sonic Youth guy... no clue what affiliation he had with the band, but wow!
  • Options
    on a side note.... when we left the Fonda that same dike with glasses that kept people of "THE LIST" was walking ALONE thru the intersection as we pulled up to the traffic light. Did I think about running her over and dragging her along Hollywood Blvd?.... "Here's the list bitch" ( runs her over)... ran thru my mind.

dude thats so awesome, she was a dike and a bitch i might add. Its like now we can see why she's alone, she was a bitch. But it was an awesome show though and seeing the band that close
  • Options
    silversilver Posts: 13
    quasi wrote:

Hey, that's my video! I actually have seven clips up here: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=csilver22

For some reason the audio and video became out of synch when I uploaded them - anyone know if this can be fixed? Thanks!
  • Options
    sbudlong wrote:
    dude thats so awesome, she was a dike and a bitch i might add. Its like now we can see why she's alone, she was a bitch. But it was an awesome show though and seeing the band that close

what time did you guys get there? last i saw the list was still growing at around 7pm. Some people came by and asked about the list and when they saw 80+ names on it they just figured they'd get in line and there was no use putting their names on the list.
    how am i supposed to sign here?
  • Options
    what time did you guys get there? last i saw the list was still growing at around 7pm. Some people came by and asked about the list and when they saw 80+ names on it they just figured they'd get in line and there was no use putting their names on the list.

I got there at 4pm, and like when i found out about the list around that time, she wouldnt let me put my name on the list, she was being a bitch about it.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    BEST SHOW OF MY LIFE. ITS ALLLLLL DOWN HILL FROM HERE....
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    shaunshaun Posts: 4
    Hey, it's Shaun from the line. I was 7th I think. I didn't get contact info from most of you, so please PM and let me know who you are. Thanks.
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    BEST SHOW OF MY LIFE. ITS ALLLLLL DOWN HILL FROM HERE....

I couldn't agree more SENROCK!!!!

If I never see another show again - PJ or otherwise - I can die a happy woman!

I am the first to admit that I am VERY fortunate to have won those tickets to the Fonda show. My husband and I are long-time PJ fans and PJ has literally been the soundtrack for our 13 years together.

The crowning moment of the evening was when Ed poured wine in my glass. I was standing in front of Stone, holding my glass out & sure enough he shared some vino w/me. OMG! OMG! Best wine ever!

By some odd chance, did anyone happen to get a photo of Ed pouring wine for the chick in the magenta shirt?

PLEASE PM me if you happened to get any pics! Thanks!
  • Options
    That evening was unreal. Eddie spilled some wine on me and I think it may have been while he was pouring you a glass... :). It all ended up working out though... I got the last sip of the bottle. The security guards were shouting at me "It's empty! It's empty" They tried to take it, but I leaned it back and got the last sip.

Greatest sip of wine ever to grace my tongue.

Anybody have pictures of Eddie giving out his guitar pics? He put one in my hand after "Severed Hand" and I would sell my first born child for a picture of it.
  • Options
    That evening was unreal. Eddie spilled some wine on me and I think it may have been while he was pouring you a glass... :). It all ended up working out though... I got the last sip of the bottle. The security guards were shouting at me "It's empty! It's empty" They tried to take it, but I leaned it back and got the last sip.

Greatest sip of wine ever to grace my tongue.

Anybody have pictures of Eddie giving out his guitar pics? He put one in my hand after "Severed Hand" and I would sell my first born child for a picture of it.

The last sip... Right on! Did they let you keep the bottle? I saw Eddie hand the bottle to someone to my left (you?) and thought that was most cool. I figured since it was a small crowd that maybe security would let you keep it.
    Mmmm... what an unforgettable night! Maybe someone with some photos will surface. I hope.
  • Options
    Did they let you keep the bottle? I saw Eddie hand the bottle to someone to my left (you?) and thought that was most cool. I figured since it was a small crowd that maybe security would let you keep it.
    Mmmm... what an unforgettable night! Maybe someone with some photos will surface. I hope.

That wasn't me, but I waited ALL day with him (Ben). Great guy. I was about four people to the left of Ben. As for keeping the bottle, I was screaming at "Mr. Clean", "CAN I KEEP THIS?" but he didn't respond. I was in such shock after holding the bottle and tasting the wine... I didn't even notice Boom was soloing.

3 picks and a sip of wine. 2 of them put in my hand by Eddie and Mike. Could a guy ask for more? The answer is no.
  • Options
    Somehow me and my buddy lucked out and got a ticket from Smitty around back around 8:45. There was one other guy back there who had apparently been waiting all day. What a day.... what a tour!
    CLT, CHLSTN '96
    East Troy Chicago Greenville '98
    Charlotte Greensboro Atlanta '00
    Raleigh Nashville Atlanta Camden 1&2 '03
    MSG 1&2 Hershey '03
    Asheville Kissimmee '04
    Kitchener London Hamilton '05
    Pitt Cincy Hollywood Santa Barbara SF 1/2/3 '06
    Portland Gorge 1&2 '06
  • Options
    The Hollywood show was almost 2 months ago.

One of the best shows i've ever been to.

MASTERS OF WAR was the highlight for me.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    just wanted to bump this in honor of the phone call from Mike (no not mccready!) YAY! I cant believe its been (over) a year - so glad to know you guys. you have no idea.. oh wait.. yes you do.. (laughs) :D:D

this was one of the best shows EVER. *razz*
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"