Options

*** Hollywood Fanviews 7/12 Here ***

edwhoedwho Posts: 811
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
~

Pearl Jam Set List: (Interstellar Overdrive) / Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Dissident, Severed Hand, Unemployable, Given To Fly, I Am Mine, Grievance, Even Flow, Gone, Lukin, Not For You / (Modern Girl), Inside Job, Do The Evolution, Rearviewmirror

1st Encore: Parachutes, Masters Of War, Crazy Mary, I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts (with Tim Robbins), Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted

2nd Encore: Big Wave, Comatose, Why Go, I Believe In Miracles (with Steve Jones)

3rd Encore: Alive, Indifference

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Quest for pure Fanviews! Thank you for all your stories and views, edwho

Early Set List Source Message Pit's: Ayedavanita

Set List Source: tenclub.net

~

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjfansincetenpjfansinceten Santa Monica, CA Posts: 107
    three encores tonight

Second encore contained:

Steve Jones guested on I Believe In Miracles

Tim Robbins on the X Song again, like LA2. This time Eddie said "good job, Tim!" I hope that's it for the 7th member of PJ.

Indifference, Alive were Encore 3. Crowd chanted for one more song but to no avail, the wine was gone!

Highlights: Masters of War, Eddie sat for it. It was pretty powerful and of course, timely.

Dissident, Yeah! She gave it away....she couldn't hold on.

Played from 9:15 - 11:40 p

The club was not completely packed. Eddie gave shit to his managers for not being able to fill a club after all these years. He thanked KROQ many times throughout the show.

Eddie gave praise to small buildings like this existing so that people can gather together to listen to music.

Eddie told of how Given to Fly was once Given to Die, never knew that fact.

Now for the bad news, this being L.A. there were the usual Crackberries, Cel Phones (and cigarette smoke) in attendance. I was rocking out the entire time and just enjoying the moments and I would see people literally standing there or talking to each other during songs. The lowest point, some young kid (20something) actually answered his phone while they were playing and tried to tell his friend/parent/crack dealer that he was at the Pearl Jam concert. Needless to say, they couldn't hear him so they called him back a minute later and he tried again. I nearly slugged him for all the people that couldn't get in as he was taking their ticket.

P.S. How is it that we live in a day and age where people don't know who Sonic Youth are. Where is your rock history friends? These guys are legendary and people have stood around all three nights in L.A. and essentially ignored them. Study your facts before you go to a show!
    91 - 11/22 Detroit (opening for RHCP)
    98 - 7/14 Los Angeles Forum (missed Tenacious D)
    00 - 8/24 Jones Beach, 10/24 Los Angeles Greek (can't find a Better Van!), 25 San Diego & 28 San Bernadino (Glen Helen)
    03 - 6/2 & 3 Irvine, 5 San Diego, 6 Las Vegas MGM (10th Annivesary), 7 Phoenix
    05 - 9/2 Vancouver
    06 - 7/9 & 10 Los Angeles, 12 Hollywood (Fonda Theatre, it's a Worldwide Suicide), 15 & 16 San Francisco
    08 - 7/12 The Who Tribute at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion! (Love, Reign o'er me! with orchestra)
    09 - 8/23 & 24 Chicago United Center, 9/26 Portland, 9/30, 10/1, 6 & 7 Universal City Amphiteatre, 9 San Diego (2nd row)
    10 - 5/20 & 21 MSG, 10/23 Bridge School
    12 - 6/20 & 21 Manchester, UK
    13 - 11/19 Phoenix, 21 San Diego, 23 & 24 Los Angeles, 12/6 Seattle (finally)!
    14 - 10/16 Detroit, 20 Milwaukee (YIELDED), 22 Denver
    16 - 8/20 Wrigley #1
    18 - 8/18 Wrigley #1 (40th show!), 8/20 Wrigley #2
  • Options
    hathnonamehathnoname Posts: 16
    Praised KROQ? Damn never thought I see the day.
    07-11-98, 07-13-98, 07-14-98, 10-30-00, 10-31-00, 06-01-03, 06-02-03, 06-03-03, 06-05-03,
    06-06-03, 10-23-04, 07-09-06, 07-15-06, 07-16-06, 07-18-06.
  • Options
    hathnoname wrote:
    Praised KROQ? Damn never thought I see the day.

He actually said thanks for playing our music. Ugh. He must not really be aware of how bad that station is, or it wasn't really Eddie, but Evil Eddie!
    00 - 8/24 Jones Beach, 10/24 Los Angeles Greek (can't find a Better Van!), 25 San Diego & 28 San Bernadino (Glen Helen)
    05 - 9/2 Vancouver
    06 - 7/9 & 10 Los Angeles, 12 Hollywood (Fonda Theatre, it's a Worldwide Suicide), 15 & 16 San Francisco
    08 - 7/12 The Who Tribute at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion! (Love, Reign o'er me! with orchestra)
    09 - 8/23 & 24 Chicago United Center, 9/26 Portland, 9/30, 10/1, 6 & 7 Universal City Amphiteatre, 9 San Diego (2nd row)
    16 - 8/20 Wrigley #1
  • Options
    luckytwnluckytwn Posts: 36
    This show was f*ckin' sick.

I'm sorry tomorrow is my last show. 5 in 2006, all this week from SD to SB. Picked a good week to see the tour. :)

Really nice performance in particular of I Believe in Miracles with Jonesy.

Crowd on the floor was really into the show. I was right at the front. The balcony was dead as to be expected. Eddie seemed a little annoyed about the people sitting in the balcony but I don't really get that as if you are going to do an industry show in LA, what does he think is going to happen?

Anyway, great great night.
  • Options
    This is going to be a long one. If you have ADD, just move on. Tonight's show at the Henry Fonda just made my head explode. So much to comment on - forgive my bullet points:

- didn't get in til Unemployable - but the rest of the night made up for it.

- crowd on the balcony sucked balls. a group of us had to watch Corduroy on the wall screen outside before getting in. i asked the girl next to me in the balcony what song followed the opener. she had no idea. that completely captures tonight's balcony (exactly what is James Spader doing at a PJ gig?). if they weren't a fan - why go?

- but then i moved down to the floor - where the hardcores made camp. that was the closest i'd been to the band in fourteen years. jeff was rocking out hard to comatose. extended monologue prior to big wave regarding the save-the-trestles campaign and the "toll road vs. 50 yrs of great surf" debate.

- ev does a hysterical intro to dte - he was obviously in a good mood tonight. for everyone in the "grocery bag line" waiting/praying to get in (more on that later) - it was fitting when he said he appreciated whatever it took to get in tonight.

- that was the best rvm i have ever witnessed - and i've witnessed a few. fans clapping all through the not for you jam deserved kudos. best inside job i've seen with an extended jam in front. best crazy mary i've ever seen (great singing everyone) - another phenomenal jam at the end.

- indifference was an absolutely perfect choice to end - they've taken the song to outer space. but i don't know how the band ignored the entire crowd chanting in unison "one more song!!" afterwards - but maybe it's better that they did. always leave 'em wanting more.

- based on interviews and boots, and the way they interacted tonight - i belive that ev and stone are brothers - bickering brothers who don't get along all the time - but brothers none the less. how 'bout the fans fist-pumpin "yeahs" so early in alive - absolutely spine-tingling. reprise and life wasted kinda belong back to back.

- how 'bout Sex Pistol Jonesy wielding the axe on i believe in miracles - another great crowd singalong. anyone catch ev shouting in excitement at the end of the set as he walked off? it's something watching stone & jeff play in sych face-to-face on most songs.

- why did EV keep rubbing his forehead with his hands all night? like he had a headache? and who is Larry?

much more to say - but i'm high. i want to give special thx and love to my fellow hardcores who waitied all day outside in the fuckin sun. we bitched all day - but it all paid off. i apologize for not learning everyone's names - but keith(just call him "been there since 1am"), joey, tie dye friend (thx for looking after my dog and the entry), christine, the two beautiful women in front of me. all the folks heading to santa barbara and points beyond. i really enjoyed today - the highs and the lows. i look fwd to running into you all again someday.

we all witnessed an extraordinary night by PJ tonight - and we worked hard for it. this show had better be released as a download - because it becomes a permanent part of the collection.
    Lake Fairfax 92 MTV Awards 93 Indio 93 2SDs 95 Bridge Sch 96 Oakland 97 Maui 98 Vegas 98 2LAs 98 Columbia, MD 98 Bridge Sch 99 Jones Bch 00 Vegas 00 LA 00 SD 00 Bridge Sch 01 Seattle 02 Bridge Sch 03 Santa Barbara 03 Denver 06 2LAs 06 Fonda 06 SF1 06 Hullabaloo 07 Lolla 07 Bonnaroo 08
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    The struggle began the day the contest was announced.

Over the course of the week I was caller 19 twice, 14, 10, 8, 4, 1, and what I'm certain to the bottom of my soul #21 on two occasions.

The first time I hit 19 the DJ said. "Sorry dude your number 19". The f bombs began dropping generously.

When it was learned that the 10C would get 50 tickets I was saddened to realize 180XXX wasn't even good enough for a lottery ticket. Fortunately my buddy who lives one house over had 133XXX and got a lottery invite. Suffice to say come Monday that avenue turned into a dead end.

Fast forward day of the show. I sneak out of work at 4:15. Not too early, and meet my friend who has been waiting since 2pm. There are about 70 fans in line and I write my name on a piece of card board. #72.

The day is scorching hot, but I run into new friends I met along the way during the last 6 shows. Waiting in line, walking around asking any random person who happens not to be in a group of two or four if they have extras.

Damn scalper buys some jackass' VIP's extra for $120.00 and flips it for $300.00.

Some psycho girl lures me and a buddy three blocks away and tries to sell us two fakes for a hundred each.

A guy for Sonic Youth walks out of the building after their set. I ask him how full the venue is. He says about 2/3rds. He then walks three paces and hands his extra ticket to the dude in line that has been waiting since 1am last, last night. Another guy grabs it out of the air and runs in.

Pearl Jam goes on. Now the line is down to about 40. The big bald security dude starts selecting people to come in.

V e r y s l o w l y.

Finally calls on my buddy. At this point there were three of us there. Each person selected gets to bring a friend. We both jump out. I say "we are all together" and my friend inexplicitly says no. The security dude says. Even this guy says your not with him.

I was devastated.

The bald dude comes back 7 times each time looking at me as if I'm a piece of shit.

Finally with only 10 people left he chooses one of my new found friends. "Who are you with?" He grabs me. The guy just shrugs and I'm in. EVERYONE IN LINE GOT IN!

Woooooooooooooooo wooo

"I'm a thief, I'm a liar
    There's my church, I sing in the choir:
    (hallelujah, hallelujah)"
  • Options
    jomo297jomo297 Posts: 41
    Wilds wrote:
    The big bald security dude starts selecting people to come in.

V e r y s l ow l y.

The bald dude comes back 7 times each time looking at me as if I'm a piece of shit.

. The guy just shrugs and I'm in. EVERYONE IN LINE GOT IN!

Woooooooooooooooo wooo

"I'm a thief, I'm a liar
    There's my church, I sing in the choir:
    (hallelujah, hallelujah)"

Uh everyone didn't get it. I was there with 13 people left and the bald guy comes out and says "I have 8 tickets, you decide." After being there for hours and people arriving well after me getting in, I was left outside.

Luckily, I got in during the encores but it was just wrong. The line meant nothing. This has really given me a bad experience like I must look wierd or something. That bald security guard saw me hours before but yet he wouldn't let me in. I can't tell you how frustrating it was to see so many people who arrived AFTER me get in.

I only got in because someone from Goldenvoice(The Promoter) came out and gave a ticket to the guy who kept holding up a single finger. Those of you in line know who I'm talking about.

Watching people exit left and right and then not letting anyone else in was excrusiating.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for the parts I saw, but it should have been earlier.

When I went in there were literally people who had no idea who was playing that go in.

Congratualations to everyone that got in properly and on time.
    "The sunshine bores the daylights out of me."---RS
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    I waited in line for about 5 hours and nearly bailed several times, but was so glad I held on since I was let in about at the 1/3 mark (during "Gone"). I was convinced they were going to eventually let almost everybody in. They were taking people in 5 at a time. I hope everybody got in. There were about 13 people left when I got "picked". Anyways, when I heard the first strains of "Why Go", I went nuts. My favorite song off Ten. Awesome...awesome. Eddie seemed to really enjoy the end of "Alive" with all the "heys"...he had a huge smile on his face. This was the closest I've seen the band going back to 1992 and it was worth the wait. I had nose bleeds at the Forum so it was incredible to see them this close...literally 10 feet away. The sound in the Fonda was awesome. When I left, my ears were not ringing at all. Yes, the balcony was lame. Looked like a bunch of bored people. The only time I saw them excited was during "Alive". In the lobby, I saw some girl sitting on the floor against the wall looking bored...looked like her boyfriend dragged her the show. Unbelievable. What a waste.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    I made it in! I was able to negotiate a ticket last minute.

I'm glad most of you outside got in!!! I was hanging out with everyone outside for an hour or two this afternoon when I didn't have a ticket and I know how hyped everyone was. The security guy was an ass (i guess that's what he's paid to do) but the look on his face was priceless when I came back with a ticket in hand.

Ed thanked everyone for coming and for doing whatever they had to do to get in!

I am so glad I got in. Tom and Collin you guys rock! Collin was grabbing for some sky big time!
    Confucious Says: He who buries a man's wife alive, should not expect to sit at that man's dinner table without the subject coming up.
  • Options
    Glad you got in Quasi. I was the tall guy in the "Achiever" shirt(From Big Lebowski) that was one of the 5 people they didn't let in until the encore. "Alive" was great tonight as was "Masters of War." Wish I had been fortunate to get in earlier.
  • Options
    Jomo, I'm sorry you couldn't get in earlier. If I had talked with you I would've taken you in with me as I went in as a "single" (bald guy asked who I was with). I told myself that if I even saw 3-4 songs in a venue that small that I'd be very happy. Parking was also cheap ($6 compared to the $20 at the Forum) so I can't complain about that either.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    quasi wrote:
    Jomo, I'm sorry you couldn't get in earlier. If I had talked with you I would've taken you in with me as I went in as a "single" (bald guy asked who I was with). I told myself that if I even saw 3-4 songs in a venue that small that I'd be very happy. Parking was also cheap ($6 compared to the $20 at the Forum) so I can't complain about that either.

Thank you so much Quasi. That would have been sweet. I was just so shocked at how I got overlooked. I was really confident I would get in. There was a couple in front of me and was fully prepared to tell the bald guy to let them in if first if I got picked before them. Luckily, they got in, in two groups ahead of me, but they should have gotten in about 7 groups ahead of me. It was so bad, but I can't blame the band. It was completely left to the security guards descretion which was not based on any kind of fairness at all. I'm still really happy I got in to see what I saw. "Crazy Mary" was fantastic.
  • Options
    Set 1: Interstellar Overdrive, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Dissident, Severed Hand, Unemployable, Given To Fly, I Am Mine, Grievance, Even Flow, Gone, Lukin, Not For You/(Modern Girl), Inside Job, Do The Evolution, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1: Parachutes, Masters Of War, Crazy Mary, I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts, Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted

Encore 2: Big Wave, Comatose, Why Go, I Believe In Miracles

Encore 3: Alive, Indifference
  • Options
    WesternskyWesternsky Posts: 363
    jomo297 wrote:
    I was the tall guy in the "Achiever" shirt(From Big Lebowski) that was one of the 5 people they didn't let in until the encore.

Hey we were glad to see you inside!!! Thanks so much for letting us know that most of the people from the BROWN PAPERBAG LIST made it. We were trying to keep that as orderly as possible, and I'm glad it worked (for the most part).

Thanks to everyone who waited patiently all day (and the night before). We had a great time chatting with you and it was awesome to see you guys in there enjoying that kickass show (to balance all of the fools on cell phones and carrying on conversations). CHEERS!

BTW, what did happen to the list? Shaun? Mike? Keith? Anyone?

:)

OMG - I'm so sunburn. :eek: I'll see you guys in SB tomorrow! :D
  • Options
    Westernsky wrote:
    Hey we were glad to see you inside!!! Thanks so much for letting us know that most of the people from the BROWN PAPERBAG LIST made it. We were trying to keep that as orderly as possible, and I'm glad it worked (for the most part).

Thanks to everyone who waited patiently all day (and the night before). We had a great time chatting with you and it was awesome to see you guys in there enjoying that kickass show (to balance all of the fools on cell phones and carrying on conversations). CHEERS!

BTW, what did happen to the list? Shaun? Mike? Keith? Anyone?

:)

OMG - I'm so sunburn. :eek: I'll see you guys in SB tomorrow! :D

Glad you got in Nora. The list went away after a few trips back and forth from the big bald security guard. Unfortunately, I was not assertive enough or I was too ugly to get his attention. Glad MOST of the people got in...However, the few songs I heard have inspired me to make the trek to Santa Barbara tomorrow.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    From the onset... the outlook was bleak, at best. The KROQ line was about half the size of the rest of us without a pass in. Yet, hope, while barely breathing, was still alive.
    There was the entire crew out trying to get in... and we took a break from the hot Sun on Hollywood Boulevard to grab a beer at the tavern acorss the street. A handful of us waited outside the stage door and saw Ed and Tim Robbins arrive... and Boom and Matt in a seperate car... and Mike, Stone and Jeff in yet another. They all waved to us as they went in for the soundcheck.
    When Sonic Youth hit the stage, about 20 of us waited outside te barricades and we got to say, "Hello... I really like the drum solos" to Matt. Mike was gracious enough to put down his guitar and come greet us. What a nice guy. Many of the fans got something, anything signed and I just shook his hand, gave him a hug and told him he kicks ass. We saw Adam Sandler arrive as well as the Pontiff Of Pop... the Sire of Wilshire, Steve Jones (formerly of the Sex Pistols).
    Then, it was off to try to get a tagalong into the venue. I saw Tim Robbins and shook his hand as he walked around to the front of the venue. I asked everyone on the street for a ride in... Kelly Slater, Laird Hamilton/Gabrielle Reese, Horatio Sanz and everyone else walking along the boluevard, including the homeless dudes and cops and old ladies... you never know, right? I was able to tell Kelly Slater that his 'Rockin' In The Free World' was great.
    As Pearl Jam took the stage, everyone without a ticket watched the projection on the roof patio's wall and it looked really bad. Then, it happened... little by little we were all let in. Everyone got in!!! I was so glad because there was a huge contingency of fans without tickets... including the Touring Van crew, Liza Radley, AccBootlegGoddess, SighEternally, Jack Shit, Coldie, Karen, VMFury, Kaddikat and everyone get it.
    The show was great and the truely grateful, albeit unlucky KROQ callers fans made the show great. We were all so happy to get in and were very vocal about it.
    It was amazing to see the band in such a small venue... for FREE!!! Such an amazing event to be a part of and they really rocked the paint off the place. This marks the halfway point in my journey this tour. So, far it has been nothing short of tremendous. Sandy Eggo, two Forum shows and this 1,200 capacity theater has left me with my ass totally kicked. Four down, four to go.
    It was cool to see Steve Jones onstage with the band... and I heard John Doe was in the house... hoping he would join in on 'Must Not Think Bad Thoughts', because afterall... it is his song... but, oh well, maybe next time. 'Masters Of War' was powerful. It made the all day affair in the blazing Sun all worthwhile.
    I want to thank the flakey KROQ winners and V.I.P. follks that were no shows, because their absense allowed the rest of us huddled masses to see and hear this amazing show. And I was SOOOOO happy that KROQ winners SENROCK!, YieldForJeff, Pixie and PJammin' all got front row spots.
    Oh... and FUCK YOU SCALPER SCUM!!! I hope you ended up eating those tickets you were asking 400+ dollars for.
    Next Stop... Santa Baba.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Everyone got in!!! Oh... and FUCK YOU SCALPER SCUM!!! I hope you ended up eating those tickets you were asking 400+ dollars for.
    Next Stop... Santa Baba.

Not everyone...But I agree with your FUCK YOU SCALPER SCUM!!! comment. They don't deserver to breathe.

I saw severeal known ticket brokers getting in as I was waiting outside. Must be nice to have a deal with the devil.
  • Options
    GlttrGrrlGlttrGrrl Posts: 129
    I got in! So happy to meet the touring van crew - I'm certain I wouldn't have gotten in without y'all! Mike's wife (?) came out and gave the remaining touring van folks the last four tix to the show. That was so friggin awesome. I sweated through all of my clothes, including my jeans and the leather strap on my purse. I haven't seen them at a GA show in 10 years, and it was worth the wait.

Eddie dedicated Big Wave to Laird Hamilton. I spoke with Laird after the show for a second, and he was surprised and stoked that Eddie did that.

I need sleep NOW
  • Options
    earlpjearlpj Posts: 34
    quasi wrote:
    Set 1: Interstellar Overdrive, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Dissident, Severed Hand, Unemployable, Given To Fly, I Am Mine, Grievance, Even Flow, Gone, Lukin, Not For You/(Modern Girl), Inside Job, Do The Evolution, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1: Parachutes, Masters Of War, Crazy Mary, I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts, Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted

Encore 2: Big Wave, Comatose, Why Go, I Believe In Miracles

Encore 3: Alive, Indifference

THANKS ! (was quite hard to find the real setlist in those Hollywood show pages, seems to me Interstellar was played as a tribute to Syd Barrett)
  • Options
    sbudlongsbudlong Posts: 8
    I didnt have a ticket for the show and i waited outside quite a long time and even got a big sunburnt too. There was one thing that pissed me off though, well by the time i saw that "list on the ralphs paper bag" that BITCH with the glasses that wouldnt let us sign it to get a spot pissed me off. I mean i can understand the list and it seemed like a good idea and i wasnt mad about that, but that one bitch with the glasses and red tank top who was giving us shit cause we were in line, first off i can see why u were there at the show tonight by yourself cause who would wanna be with u, i swear to me u dont seem like a pearl jam fan. Also what pissed me off about her was who the heck made her incharge of everything.

Though onto some good news, im glad most of the people got in, i was glad to hear some songs i hadnt heard yet, and it was nice to see eddie, stone, mike all upclose. Its just ashame that this was my last spot on the tour, well to everyone whose goin to santa barbara, san fran, portland, and the gorge i hope u all have an awesome time.

6-02-03 Irvine; 9-19-05 Toronto; 7-06-06 Las Vegas; 7-07-06 San Diego; 7-09-06 Los Angeles; 7-10-06 Los Angeles; 7-12-06 Henry Fonda
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

P.S. How is it that we live in a day and age where people don't know who Sonic Youth are. Where is your rock history friends? These guys are legendary and people have stood around all three nights in L.A. and essentially ignored them. Study your facts before you go to a show!

Couldn't agree more with you, Sonic Youth is such an awesome band.
    I was lucky to see them open for PJ on 2000 though they mostly play out west and sometimes in NYC but its hard to catch them down here in Miami.

I would have love to see them this time around, "Rather Ripped" is an amazing album (i got that for my hubby's birthday) you guys should pick it up, its really good stuff.

Urs,
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    jomo297 wrote:
    Uh everyone didn't get it. I was there with 13 people left and the bald guy comes out and says "I have 8 tickets, you decide." After being there for hours and people arriving well after me getting in, I was left outside.

Luckily, I got in during the encores but it was just wrong. The line meant nothing. This has really given me a bad experience like I must look wierd or something. That bald security guard saw me hours before but yet he wouldn't let me in. I can't tell you how frustrating it was to see so many people who arrived AFTER me get in.

I only got in because someone from Goldenvoice(The Promoter) came out and gave a ticket to the guy who kept holding up a single finger. Those of you in line know who I'm talking about.

Watching people exit left and right and then not letting anyone else in was excrusiating.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for the parts I saw, but it should have been earlier.

When I went in there were literally people who had no idea who was playing that go in.

that truely is one of the worst stories i ever heard. I feel your pain. that pisses me off. im sorry about your night but at least you saw a lil bit. man im pissed
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more with you, Sonic Youth is such an awesome band.
    I was lucky to see them open for PJ on 2000 though they mostly play out west and sometimes in NYC but its hard to catch them down here in Miami.

I would have love to see them this time around, "Rather Ripped" is an amazing album (i got that for my hubby's birthday) you guys should pick it up, its really good stuff.

Urs,

I 2nd that...I've seen them several times at the 9:30 club in DC. What a great band..and they actually play their guitars...haa..sometimes with screwdrivers.
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    Nice not to see the girlfriend pleasing Last Kiss in there.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    So they played a longer show for a bunch of contest winners when a chunk of the crowd was cell phone talking, leaving early, non-fans than when they played Vegas where half the crowd was ten club members that travelled from all over the country to be there? That sucks.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    jomo297 wrote:

My bad. Sorry. I didn't realize 5 people got shut out until the encore. My guess is the bald dude on a massive power trip and he felt like the big dick not letting in 5 people with a 1/2 empty room.

Really sorry.
  • Options
    LA sux- fuck that place

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    This whole ordeal sounds really fucking stupid to me. Why the hell would they not fill the place from the start? Is this some kind of Hollywood bullshit that always goes on at places like this? If so then shame on PJ for being a part of the "Hollywood Scene." I cannot imagine standing in line all day and then some bouncer letting other people in that had only been there for a short time. I would have freaked the fuck out. btw, anyone know how big this place was? How many people does it take to fill the place?
  • Options
    armyreservearmyreserve Posts: 209
    edwho wrote:
    ~

Pearl Jam Set List: (Interstellar Overdrive) / Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Dissident, Severed Hand, Unemployable, Given To Fly, I Am Mine, Grievance, Even Flow, Gone, Lukin, Not For You / (Modern Girl), Inside Job, Do The Evolution, Rearviewmirror

1st Encore: Parachutes, Masters Of War, Crazy Mary, I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts (with Tim Robbins), Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted

2nd Encore: Big Wave, Comatose, Why Go, I Believe In Miracles (with Steve Jones)

3rd Encore: Alive, Indifference

~
    I Believe in Miracles with Jonesy must have been great! I love listening to Jonesy's Jukebox!
    10/06/91 Hollywood, CA; 05/13/92 Hollywood, CA; 09/02/93 Hollywood, CA; 11/05/93 Indio, CA; 11/07/95 San Diego, CA; 03/29/98 (Dead Man Walking - The Concert) Los Angeles, CA; 07/13/98 Inglewood, CA; 10/24/00 Los Angeles, CA; 10/28/00 Devore, CA;07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/30/09 Universal City, CA; 10/01/09 Universal City, CA
  • Options
    This whole ordeal sounds really fucking stupid to me. Why the hell would they not fill the place from the start? Is this some kind of Hollywood bullshit that always goes on at places like this? If so then shame on PJ for being a part of the "Hollywood Scene." I cannot imagine standing in line all day and then some bouncer letting other people in that had only been there for a short time. I would have freaked the fuck out. btw, anyone know how big this place was? How many people does it take to fill the place?

1200 according to the site...

http://www.henryfondatheater.com/
    05 - 9/2 Vancouver
    16 - 8/20 Wrigley #1