Options

*** Hollywood Fanviews 7/12 Here ***

Comments

• Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,840
    They couldn't play Dissident any of the previous THREE nights? Ugh. :(
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    quasi wrote:
    Set 1: Interstellar Overdrive, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Dissident, Severed Hand, Unemployable, Given To Fly, I Am Mine, Grievance, Even Flow, Gone, Lukin, Not For You/(Modern Girl), Inside Job, Do The Evolution, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1: Parachutes, Masters Of War, Crazy Mary, I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts, Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted

Encore 2: Big Wave, Comatose, Why Go, I Believe In Miracles

Encore 3: Alive, Indifference

seems like a pretty standard setlist.
    ~I'd list my shows here, but I've long since lost count~
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227

Nothing standard with Masters Of War and Parachutes. Great show last night. The crowd was so much better than I thought it would be.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    Sorry if this was already asked, but does anyone know if there was a poster for this show? Thanks!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    vedderwood wrote:
    Sorry if this was already asked, but does anyone know if there was a poster for this show? Thanks!

I didn't see a specific Fonda Theatre poster, only the tour posters.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    luckytwnluckytwn Posts: 36
    There was no poster for the show. Hopefully there will be an official boot.
  • Options
    I didn't see a specific Fonda Theatre poster, only the tour posters.

Was there a tour poster (Ames, Klausen, etc.)???? The post above says that there wasn't one and I don't see one on expressobeans, but I just didn't know if I was missing something! :D
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
  • Options
    vedderwood wrote:
    Was there a tour poster (Ames, Klausen, etc.)???? The post above says that there wasn't one and I don't see one on expressobeans, but I just didn't know if I was missing something! :D
    i spoke to a guy who was working at the merch booth. he said nothing original was sold at the show.
    how am i supposed to sign here?
  • Options
    i spoke to a guy who was working at the merch booth. he said nothing original was sold at the show.

Thanks vince (and everyone else) for the info!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
  • Options
    shekkieshekkie Posts: 79
    Hey All, was Interstellar Overdrive played in its entirety or just the beginning part as usual, I heard 1 or 2 boots that they play a good bit of the song, Please someone let me know. Thanks
    9/24/96 8/25/98 9/5/00 4/25/03 4/26/03 10/2/04 9/28/05 5/20/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 5/30/06 6/23/06 6/24/06 8/2/07 8/5/07 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09 10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/4/10 5/9/10 10/11/13
  • Options
    pjfansincetenpjfansinceten Santa Monica, CA Posts: 107

you have low standards, friend.

it was an exceptional show (aside from Tim Robbins), even if the list doesn't look like it to you. imagine watching pearl jam play to a wedding. i'd say there were only 800 people in attendance. plenty of room to move around and listen to some music. i did miss the spinning white lights on WWS but i can deal without them til Saturday night.
    91 - 11/22 Detroit (opening for RHCP)
    98 - 7/14 Los Angeles Forum (missed Tenacious D)
    00 - 8/24 Jones Beach, 10/24 Los Angeles Greek (can't find a Better Van!), 25 San Diego & 28 San Bernadino (Glen Helen)
    03 - 6/2 & 3 Irvine, 5 San Diego, 6 Las Vegas MGM (10th Annivesary), 7 Phoenix
    05 - 9/2 Vancouver
    06 - 7/9 & 10 Los Angeles, 12 Hollywood (Fonda Theatre, it's a Worldwide Suicide), 15 & 16 San Francisco
    08 - 7/12 The Who Tribute at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion! (Love, Reign o'er me! with orchestra)
    09 - 8/23 & 24 Chicago United Center, 9/26 Portland, 9/30, 10/1, 6 & 7 Universal City Amphiteatre, 9 San Diego (2nd row)
    10 - 5/20 & 21 MSG, 10/23 Bridge School
    12 - 6/20 & 21 Manchester, UK
    13 - 11/19 Phoenix, 21 San Diego, 23 & 24 Los Angeles, 12/6 Seattle (finally)!
    14 - 10/16 Detroit, 20 Milwaukee (YIELDED), 22 Denver
    16 - 8/20 Wrigley #1
    18 - 8/18 Wrigley #1 (40th show!), 8/20 Wrigley #2
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I think it was one of those 'You had to have been there' things. I mean, waiting out in the blazing fucking Sun, then walking around asking everyone if they had an extra ticket, not knowing what the true situation was, meeting Mike and Matt, hope being barely alive... then, getting a free pass in. Truely grateful and thankful. I swear, I was gliding three feet in the air when I finally got the ticket. And I know I wasn't the only one who felt this way. I was SOOOO happy to see the complete strangers who was in the same boat as me get in... let alone those friends of mine that I love so much. It was like travelling back in time and seeing Pearl Jam when they used to place these same theaters... except, with more songs. Down on the floor, the air was electrified... you couls literally feel it.
    The folks that were there all day will probably say the say thing.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    [size=7+] 2nd Encore: Big Wave, Comatose, Why Go, I Believe In Miracles (with Steve Jones)[/size]

thats all Im sayin. HOLY FUCKING SHIT! :D:D:D:D:D I LOVE THIS! THANK YOU PJ!!

DAYUM! Im burnt like toast but im ready to rock. see you guys tonite! :D:D:D

YAY! Allen!!! HOOORAY!Im glad you got in! yes tons of hollywood/LA bullshit flung but duck/fuck and punch when ya gotta.. :D
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • Options
    KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    Cosmo wrote:
    [size=5+]not knowing what the true situation was[/size] ...... I was SOOOO happy to see the complete strangers who was in the same boat as me get in...

:D:D:D:D:D

ok seriously this is what its all about. to the two guys from canada? HOOORAY I hope you guys were inside. It was so nice just hanging with you and just talking to awesome people. I didnt understand the lying, the bullshit, the yes/no type of crap that was around all day. :rolleyes: Even people I KNOW were being a bit shady and just downright sneaky <eww> but no worries. Looks like Im losing a few aquaintances but hey as some leave more arrive :D *magicians rock* ;):D:p
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • Options
    sbudlongsbudlong Posts: 8
    They couldn't play Dissident any of the previous THREE nights? Ugh. :(

dude i agree with ya, i didnt get into the show til they started to play I am mine, and i was pissed when i got home last night and found out they played dissident, i wanted to hear that one too.
  • Options
    paczonapaczona Posts: 2
    I hope Mike found the guy that took the ticket out of his hand.Great show besides lame vips. Also hope this show becomes able to download.
    jonathan
    jonathan
  • Options
    janegosfordjanegosford Posts: 179
    Wilds wrote:
    My bad. Sorry. I didn't realize 5 people got shut out until the encore. My guess is the bald dude on a massive power trip and he felt like the big dick not letting in 5 people with a 1/2 empty room.

Really sorry.

That guy was a TOTAL a-hole. I couldn't stand him. I'm so sorry to all the people who didn't get in. I got in but even I know the system wasn't fair.

The show was pretty amazing though. I always defend LA crowds (the crowd Sunday at the Forum was one of the best crowds I've ever seen at ANY concert) but this crowd did suck majorly. The contest winners & industry people were just freakin' obnoxious. Some kinda poor behavior too from the hard core fans too. Oh well, I didn't let it get me down. Ed & the boys were playing in small club & I was there!
  • Options

A standard setlist in a 1200 seat theater is anything but standard.
  • Options
    This whole ordeal sounds really fucking stupid to me. Why the hell would they not fill the place from the start? Is this some kind of Hollywood bullshit that always goes on at places like this? If so then shame on PJ for being a part of the "Hollywood Scene." I cannot imagine standing in line all day and then some bouncer letting other people in that had only been there for a short time. I would have freaked the fuck out. btw, anyone know how big this place was? How many people does it take to fill the place?

It's a Fonda thing. I've never seen this happen at another club show & I've been to a million in LA/Hollywood. The bouncers/security were a-holes. PJ is on-stage performing. They can't very well monitor the behavior of a few a-holes outside.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    I don't understand all the gripes....if the VIPs want to sit the whole show, so be it...no where is it written that only die-hards get into shows.....if someone chooses to sit in the lobby during the show, so be it.

Of course, it is rude if someone gets in the way of your enjoyment, but I don't see how someone can complain if someone else chooses to leave the show early.

If a contest winner isn't a huge fan, they still have the right to be at the show...it was a random give-away.

And, sure, it sucks that not everyone got in, but it was never said that everyone without a ticket would get in. Everyone chose to line-up without a ticket on their own freewill. It may have been lame how the venue bouncers acted, but unfortunately, they were the ones in control in this situation.
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    The only time I sat was during Sonic Youth....and I stayed in the lobby because it was so bad. They SUCK.
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    hairpantshairpants Posts: 38
    vmfury wrote:
    The only time I sat was during Sonic Youth....and I stayed in the lobby because it was so bad. They SUCK.

We'd have found something better to do, I'm sure.
    fuck the public
  • Options
    no, YOU SUCK!

Man...I LOVE people like you. Take it easy. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and unless you're an actual band member of Sonic Youth, you have zero reason to be offended. Intelligent retort, by the way. ahhhhahaha! :D
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    hairpants wrote:
    We'd have found something better to do, I'm sure.

Without a doubt.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    hairpantshairpants Posts: 38
    you win...my bad ;)
    fuck the public
  • Options
    That guy was a TOTAL a-hole. I couldn't stand him. I'm so sorry to all the people who didn't get in. I got in but even I know the system wasn't fair.

The show was pretty amazing though. I always defend LA crowds (the crowd Sunday at the Forum was one of the best crowds I've ever seen at ANY concert) but this crowd did suck majorly. The contest winners & industry people were just freakin' obnoxious. Some kinda poor behavior too from the hard core fans too. Oh well, I didn't let it get me down. Ed & the boys were playing in small club & I was there!

I don't want to cause a msg pit argument - but I believe that the "system" was exceptionally fair. PJ security bald guy #1 (who we nicknamed Mr. Clean and had the USMC tattoo) took notice of us all day. PJ security bald guy #2 actually took a waiting list written on a grocery bag and called names off it. I have never seen security for any band do that. The bottom line is this - if you did whatever you had to do to get to the Fonda early in the day (or the night before) and join the "no ticket" waiting list, you got into the venue and you saw an incredible show. If you arrived late, you suffered the consequences (except Mr. 6:45 show-up-late and get in with a KROQ chick - kudos to him, but I still wanna club the guy in the face).
    Lake Fairfax 92 MTV Awards 93 Indio 93 2SDs 95 Bridge Sch 96 Oakland 97 Maui 98 Vegas 98 2LAs 98 Columbia, MD 98 Bridge Sch 99 Jones Bch 00 Vegas 00 LA 00 SD 00 Bridge Sch 01 Seattle 02 Bridge Sch 03 Santa Barbara 03 Denver 06 2LAs 06 Fonda 06 SF1 06 Hullabaloo 07 Lolla 07 Bonnaroo 08
  • Options
    I don't want to cause a msg pit argument - but I believe that the "system" was exceptionally fair. PJ security bald guy #1 (who we nicknamed Mr. Clean and had the USMC tattoo) took notice of us all day. PJ security bald guy #2 actually took a waiting list written on a grocery bag and called names off it. I have never seen security for any band do that. The bottom line is this - if you did whatever you had to do to get to the Fonda early in the day (or the night before) and join the "no ticket" waiting list, you got into the venue and you saw an incredible show. If you arrived late, you suffered the consequences (except Mr. 6:45 show-up-late and get in with a KROQ chick - kudos to him, but I still wanna club the guy in the face).

But that's the thing. I'm not complaining for myself. I think it's unfair that I got there later than most (around 6:45) & still got in. Other people (I found after I got home) got there around 3:00 & never got in. I don't see how that's fair. They had people standing in a line (I'm assuming in the order of what time they got there) & then when it came time to pass out tickets, their whole system went to hell. They just let in (for the most part) whoever they felt like letting in. I honestly don't see how that's fair. It worked in my favor but I feel bad for those who put in the time & got ignored.
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    sorry, that was meant as tongue in cheek. i couldn't figure out how to get one of them there smiley faces in my text.

but, hey, at least you picked up on the brilliance of my reply! good for you!

Here ya go :D

http://forums.pearljam.com/misc.php?do=showsmilies
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    WesternskyWesternsky Posts: 363

LOL... that is so true! I don't know the exact order of what happened after we got in, but I saw a bunch of the people we were waiting with in line all day inside. Thankfully one of the guys piped up and handed the big security guy that brown list.

So glad that's all done; it was an insane ride. Now on to Santa Barbara. . . I've tickets in hand and we are on our way.
  • Options
    I felt really bad for the people who waited all night and then all day the day of the show and didn't get in. These were clearly diehard fans and they deserved so much to be there. That show was so good and shouldn't have been missed by fans who truly love this band.

I'd also like to say that there were some really cool people who made my night that much better. :) Aye truly was my saving grace while Sonic Youth was on and I was bored out of my mind waiting for PJ to start. One of the FUNNEST shows I've attended. Certainly the best this tour for me.
    ~ Ice Queen