Options

*** Lisbon Fanviews Here 8/6/07 ***

Comments

• Options
    McShadeMcShade Posts: 156
    crislx wrote:
    F'ckin' incredible, the huge amount of generosity that this band shows to their crowds, worldwide. I imagine the same thing happened in Madrid last night.
    There were lots of people coming from all around the world, friday night. I saw britons, germans, spaniards, aussies, brazilians and even americans. All of them doing what I can only dream to do one day: travel around Europe to see them perform live. There's a huge amount of devotion and generosity there, too.
    It would be fantastic if they scheaduled five or six more intimate, Benaroya-like shows, across Europe, in a near future. I'm looking forward to that.

PJ rocks my world!

I would loooooooooooove a Benaroya-like show here...
  • Options
    joyodongo wrote:
    Well, I was in Lisbon on friday and yesterday in Madrid (my hometown). I must admit that I liked more the Lisbon concert. The setlist was OK; no surprises but I always like to listen to the hits. In Madrid the show was shorter and I missed: Rearviewmirror, Evolution and specially... Better Man. Last year in Madrid they started with it and it was crazy, and this year...no Better Man... pity.
    I was a bit surprised about the enthusiastic reaction of the portuguese people after the famous 'f*ck Madrid'. Anyway, I believe you when you say: 'No problem, no offense'. Well, I told you what happened yesterday in Madrid. When Eddie began to talk and say: 'We're very happy to be in Madrid, blablabla..., but the best thing is... TO BE OUT OF PORTUGAL!!! and the reaction of the public was... complete silence... like thinking: What is this guy saying??!! It seems like someone has tried to convince Eddie to exploit the supposed spanish-portuguese rivalry and, as far as we are concerned (the spaniards), this rivalry doesn't exist. In fact, IMHO, it is affection the actual feeling (at least from the spanish side). So, I think that the joke of being glad for being out of Portugal wasn't specially... brilliant.
    I think that the connection with the public was better in Lisbon. In fact, I think that the ammount of wine drank by Eddie had somehing to do with it. He was very funny... The concert was less serious that other times...
    The sound, in both concerts, was not spectacular, but OK.

Saludos.

Wow!!! Did he really say that?? I know I'm gonna sound like I have double standards here, but that is not a good thing to say...
    I mean, there's nothing other than that to be interpreted in that sentence...maybe he felt bad (or someone told him that was not a good thing to say) and then tried to compensate you guys in Madrid for what he had said.

anyway...

I think you are right, this whole portuguese-spanish thing is exagerated...and I have to say, I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that we, as a people, have some inferiority complexes (it's just my opinion so...portuguese don't hit me!!)...
    I mean, there's a "thing", but it shouldn't be more than that, really. ;)

And I think you had a pretty good setlist in Madrid, by the way!
  • Options
    joyodongojoyodongo Posts: 36
    McShade wrote:
    And I think you had a pretty good setlist in Madrid, by the way!

Yes, it was not bad, but... it was a short one. And I can't help to compare with the one in Madrid last year, you know, the first time they play in Madrid for 15 years and they start the show with 'Better Man'... every time I listen to that moment in the bootleg I almost cry... It's my personal feeling, but I can forgive them for not playing Alive but... I can't forgive them for not playing 'Better Man'.
    Besides, I think Eddie was not 'in shape' in Madrid, and... THAT'S YOUR WINE'S FAULT!!! Ja ja ja, no, I'm joking, I think you have very good wines there...
    Saludos.
    Dublin 23/8/06 - Vitoria 2/9/06 - Madrid 7/9/06
    Lisbon 8/6/07 - Madrid 9/6/07 - London 18/6/07 - Düsseldorf 21/6/07 - Copenhagen 26/6/07
    New York 24/6/08 - New York 25/6/08
    Rotterdam 13/8/09 - Berlin 15/8/09 - Manchester 17/8/09 - London 18/8/09 - Seattle 21/9/09 - Seattle 22/9/09
    Bilbao 9/7/10
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I LOVE PORTUGAL.
    let me rephrase that, I love Portuguese people, and PJ fans most of all...the best in the world (ok, UK people we have to rise to that challenge)

had a blast over the 3 days, the grunge party was a riot, the dinner more subdued but still great fun, the hospitality (I ended up sleeping at 2 people I'd never met before..precious hours sleep), hate nice snails, went for a swim in the ocean (would have liked to try surfing but it wasn't to be).

and the festival was very well organised even if the line-up wasn't very interesting.

the setlist might have been Greatest Hits but it was sooo good seeing the boys again! the looked like they had a blast, the crowd was great, the setting gorgeous.
    Ed said 'See you next year'.. well if it's true (like) I'll be there.. in Portugal? PJ? anytime!

oh and i went crazy on the T-Shirt and got 3 of tehm..they look so much better than last year's ;)

ok...go to go o I'll miss my plane to Munich..
  • Options
    goncalogoncalo Posts: 1
    You ruled!

In spite of being an unconditional fan of PJ, I only signed up these days to tell them how great they were!
    I were there at 4th/5th September 2006, and been there today 8th June 2007 and of course our audience wasn't as good as in 2006 because this time there were lots of bands but they know how much we like them anyway, and I hope you come back again soon :D
    This festival was also called "Alive" because you were the main event, and you justified well that fact, I've heard a lot on tv that yours was the best concert these days, and they are right!
    And as for the songs being the most known, etc, I think there is nothing wrong with that, as these was a festival with many bands, so I think you have done right in playing more known musics, and you can play those not so known in those concerts like in 2006 only for you.
    One of my disappointments in life was not to be able to be at your first concert in Portugal many years ago but I won't miss any of the future.
    The song dedicated to the twin babies was very cool, and Vedder speaking Portuguese is always great also! And I never get tired of being remembered about those Portuguese ancestors that went to the pacific :p

For the greatest band ALIVE, you're the best!

Greetings from Portugal, a country that loves you and come back again anytime!
  • Options
    jopharjophar Posts: 2
    hehe but next time... to Oporto, because I made 350kms to see them, and there were alot of people from the north of Portugal =P

Cheers
  • Options
    trammeustrammeus Posts: 124
    joyodongo wrote:
    Well, I was in Lisbon on friday and yesterday in Madrid (my hometown). I must admit that I liked more the Lisbon concert. The setlist was OK; no surprises but I always like to listen to the hits. In Madrid the show was shorter and I missed: Rearviewmirror, Evolution and specially... Better Man. Last year in Madrid they started with it and it was crazy, and this year...no Better Man... pity.
    I was a bit surprised about the enthusiastic reaction of the portuguese people after the famous 'f*ck Madrid'. Anyway, I believe you when you say: 'No problem, no offense'. Well, I told you what happened yesterday in Madrid. When Eddie began to talk and say: 'We're very happy to be in Madrid, blablabla..., but the best thing is... TO BE OUT OF PORTUGAL!!! and the reaction of the public was... complete silence... like thinking: What is this guy saying??!! It seems like someone has tried to convince Eddie to exploit the supposed spanish-portuguese rivalry and, as far as we are concerned (the spaniards), this rivalry doesn't exist. In fact, IMHO, it is affection the actual feeling (at least from the spanish side). So, I think that the joke of being glad for being out of Portugal wasn't specially... brilliant.
    I think that the connection with the public was better in Lisbon. In fact, I think that the ammount of wine drank by Eddie had somehing to do with it. He was very funny... The concert was less serious that other times...

Saludos.

I was in both concerts.
    to me, it seems like a trying to joke about the supposed rivalry betweeen Spain and Portugal. You will remember the boos in Lisbon when he said "tomorrow we'll be in Madrid".

Anyway, Madrid was much better for me.
    Better crowd (that surprised me), 1st encore terrific, opening Porch, and Vedder with a better voice - in Lisbon I heard it very tired-
    Verona 93 - Milan 96 - Barcelona 96 - Verona 00 - Milan 00 - Turin 06 - Berlin 06 - Lisbon 07 - Madrid 07 - Katowice 07 - London 07 - Werchter 07
  • Options
    MotherDearMotherDear Posts: 16
    Pegasus wrote:
    I LOVE PORTUGAL.
    let me rephrase that, I love Portuguese people, and PJ fans most of all...the best in the world (ok, UK people we have to rise to that challenge)

had a blast over the 3 days, the grunge party was a riot, the dinner more subdued but still great fun, the hospitality (I ended up sleeping at 2 people I'd never met before..precious hours sleep), hate nice snails, went for a swim in the ocean (would have liked to try surfing but it wasn't to be).

hurray for the people who got you to eat snails!! :D

btw.. did you meant hate nice snails or ate nice snails? :P cuz you can't hate it.. it's just too good! with a nice couple of beers...
    we'll share our bodies in disdain for the system
  • Options
    crislxcrislx Posts: 85
    joyodongo wrote:

Saludos.

Well, I'll be damned! That no good low life hijo de... ! :D
    Actually I'm not surprised. I said it before in this thread: "I imagine the same thing happened last night in Madrid". He was obviously badly briefed.
    Man, no offense, indeed. The spanish issue is an old national useless thing. Because, from what I know from the spanish people I've met, you guys simply ignore us! :D And there's nothing wrong with it.
  • Options
    ValterValter Posts: 1
    Hi.
    I have to say this. I find Eddy a very seductive and pleasent gentlman. I've bought $500 plus in merchandise. I went to lisbon to. I usually pay service at Parque Eduardo VII.
    Anyways, when I heard him say f.u-ck Madrid, I rejoyced. But then I've been told he said thank God we're out of Portugal... man! Now I hate him. I'm very mad at him. I think Eddy Bastard is a homo! Actually, I'm sure of that. I once went to a gig and wrote on a cardbox "Eddy, bang my mom!" and he never asnwered back, so there you have it.

Excuse my bad english but I am a little retarded. I'm also a moderator in a portuguese forum and I'm banning everyone who makes fun of me.

Valter-man
  • Options
    I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    Valter wrote:
    Hi.
    I have to say this. I find Eddy a very seductive and pleasent gentlman. I've bought $500 plus in merchandise. I went to lisbon to. I usually pay service at Parque Eduardo VII.
    Anyways, when I heard him say f.u-ck Madrid, I rejoyced. But then I've been told he said thank God we're out of Portugal... man! Now I hate him. I'm very mad at him. I think Eddy Bastard is a homo! Actually, I'm sure of that. I once went to a gig and wrote on a cardbox "Eddy, bang my mom!" and he never asnwered back, so there you have it.

Excuse my bad english but I am a little retarded. I'm also a moderator in a portuguese forum and I'm banning everyone who makes fun of me.

Valter-man

I have never met you before, but i think i may actually hate you, based on one post, and i find that quite sad.
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • Options
    NothingW.NothingW. Posts: 19
    Friday was the second time I saw them and it was GREAT. Not as good as last year in my opinion (04/09) but not because of the performance, rather the fact that they played more songs and I could see much better. And the fact that they hadn't been here since 2000 was very relevant too, people were eager to see them and it was something out of this world.
    Every single article I read on the press about this festival agrees they were the best band there and the one that had more people watching. They can do no wrong :)
    Cause the man of the hour is taking his final bow
    Goodbye for now.
  • Options
    It was my 4th PJ show and I think the both 06 shows ruled! However last friday show was a PJ gig and it was obviasly amazing! The set list was a bit short and had all most greatest hits, I agree with the festival thing...
    I think solat and crazy mary were the "outsiders" (most crowd did'nt knew the lyrics at all) but I really love those 2 songs and for a festival that was good. The guys were really happy and rocked all the way.
    I would have liked so see porch, last exit and green disease from the Madrid show.
    Come back soon (for a "Benaroya show in Lisbon"), we love you.
    With you I can never feel alone, aloooone, aloooooone...
  • Options
    I would have liked so see porch, last exit and green disease from the Madrid show.
    Come back soon (for a "Benaroya show in Lisbon"), we love you.

yeah, I would loved to see those songs too. Especially green disease, which is not very popular, but I like it a lot.
  • Options
    devi_gibdevi_gib Posts: 65
    my first PJ gig and it was AMAZING!!!! BUT.. I officially HATE portuguese crowds in gigs! PUSHING AND SHOVING!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrr

ohg man im still coming to terms with having seen it! Given to fly live!!!!

and made a fantastic new friend! BIG UP TO Krista!!!!
  • Options
    mAraujomAraujo Posts: 84
    devi_gib wrote:
    my first PJ gig and it was AMAZING!!!! BUT.. I officially HATE portuguese crowds in gigs! PUSHING AND SHOVING!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrr

ohg man im still coming to terms with having seen it! Given to fly live!!!!

and made a fantastic new friend! BIG UP TO Krista!!!!
    The crowds are re a bit rough here, especially in festivals... and with Linkin Park was playing before...

Anyway, I loved the show! They played the same songs they played last year, but still you could tell they were having a blast. It was a really energetic show!
    butt cheeks can't be tamed!!!

http://www.myspace.com/bandagente
  • Options
    mAraujo wrote:
    The crowds are re a bit rough here, especially in festivals... and with Linkin Park was playing before...
    Rough in Portugal !!!??? You should 'experience' Spain.

Saludos.
    Lisbon 8/6/07 - Madrid 9/6/07 - London 18/6/07 - Düsseldorf 21/6/07 - Copenhagen 26/6/07
    Rotterdam 13/8/09 - Berlin 15/8/09 - Manchester 17/8/09 - London 18/8/09 - Seattle 21/9/09 - Seattle 22/9/09
    Bilbao 9/7/10
  • Options
    ParasolParasol Posts: 319
    joyodongo wrote:
    Rough in Portugal !!!??? You should 'experience' Spain.

Saludos.

i've tasted a bit of barcelona last september... looked like a boxing ring :s
    --- Barcelona 01/09/2006 ---
    ---- Lisbon 04/09/2006
    ---- Lisbon 05/09/2006
    "One of the best...The Best! Thank You!" Eddie Vedder. 05/09/2006 Lisbon, Portugal
    2007:
    ---- Lisbon 08/06/2007 ----
    ---- London 18/06/2007 ----
    --- Nijmegen 28/06/2007 ---
    --- Werchter 29/06/2007 ---
  • Options
    Parasol wrote:
    i've tasted a bit of barcelona last september... looked like a boxing ring :s

Jaja, and imagine Madrid being Barcelona much more 'european'...
    Bilbao 9/7/10
  • Options
    frankmelofrankmelo Posts: 1
    Lisbon was a very good spot to start the European Tour. Stage next to the river, enthusiastic crowd, good weather, everything was gathered to create a special night. Indeed, PJ gave us a very good show, but not so perfect as it were those performed in September last year in Lisbon. However, i felt great. PJ don`t know how to make bad shows, and listening for the very first time "Crazy Mary" was fantastic. Other great songs that i heard from the first time "Animal", "Given to Fly" or "Life Wasted", just great.
    Regarding the hits, i think that "Daughter" did not work so well, particulary at the end. The song finished in a strange way. I was expecting for a snippet, but after some lines of "don`t let the sun go down" they stopped, and it was it. In "Black" the portuguese fans didn`t give any chance to eddie :)
    Severed Hand, Life Wasted, World Wide Suicide and Big Wave. Songs that proove that PJ are in shape and back to their best. Hope to see their return in soon, because who sees a PJ concert is no longer the same.
    "I`m here to see Pearl Jam...they made me believe again..in rock, rock, rock"
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    I don't usually post for a show I wasn't at

but if you haven't noticed before Ed always makes a joking comment about the place they just played

I don't think it's to be taken seriously

I'm sure it was a joke - you can't think that he would intentionally insult thousands of non-republicans

:)
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    share wrote:

but if you haven't noticed before Ed always makes a joking comment about the place they just played

I'm sure it was a joke - you can't think that he would intentionally insult thousands of non-republicans

yes!
    that's the spirit!! ;)
  • Options
    mAraujomAraujo Posts: 84
    share wrote:

You're right, I don't think anyone took it seroiusly. Just like Ed said "It's a joke".
    butt cheeks can't be tamed!!!

http://www.myspace.com/bandagente
  • Options
    Antanta_Antanta_ Posts: 26
    Great concert, great people ... I would just like to say muito obrigada to the guy that saved me and my friend from getting smashed in the mosh pit, holding people back with arms outstreached ... It's one thing to enjoy a good concert, but it's also good that people take care of each other, no matter what ... thank you, god bless you, ... :) hope to be in Portugal soon ...
  • Options
    If you want to see the first 4 songs of this gig you can download it at Emule. The file is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:Pearl.Jam.@Oeiras.Alive">Pearl.Jam.@Oeiras.Alive</a><!-- e -->!07-Lemon
    The quality is excellent because it was for a tv show. 199Mb; 16 minutes.
    I tried to upload it to youtube but is too big.
    Goodbye for now.
  • Options
    NothingW. wrote:
    If you want to see the first 4 songs of this gig you can download it at Emule. The file is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:Pearl.Jam.@Oeiras.Alive">Pearl.Jam.@Oeiras.Alive</a><!-- e -->!07-Lemon
    The quality is excellent because it was for a tv show. 199Mb; 16 minutes.
    I tried to upload it to youtube but is too big.
    thanks
  • Options
    McShade wrote:
    thanks

de nada ;)
    Goodbye for now.
  • Options
    Antanta_Antanta_ Posts: 26
    Hey NothingW.
    How do I download this? Which server? Or is it just that not many people have it so it's rare? I have not a clue :-)
  • Options
    Antanta_ wrote:
    Hey NothingW.
    How do I download this? Which server? Or is it just that not many people have it so it's rare? I have not a clue :-)

i used DonkeyServer02 if i'm not mistaken... when i made the download, about 10 people had it but now i see 130...
    Goodbye for now.
  • Options
    ParasolParasol Posts: 319
    --- Barcelona 01/09/2006 ---
    ---- Lisbon 04/09/2006
    ---- Lisbon 05/09/2006
    "One of the best...The Best! Thank You!" Eddie Vedder. 05/09/2006 Lisbon, Portugal
    2007:
    ---- Lisbon 08/06/2007 ----
    ---- London 18/06/2007 ----
    --- Nijmegen 28/06/2007 ---
    --- Werchter 29/06/2007 ---