Options

*** Lisbon Fanviews Here 8/6/07 ***

edwhoedwho Posts: 811
edited July 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Opening Set: (Interstellar Overdrive) / Corduroy, Do The Evolution, World Wide Suicide, Animal, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Severed Hand, Even Flow, Big Wave, Daughter, State Of Love And Trust, Life Wasted, Alive

1st Encore: Given To Fly, Why Go, Better Man, Crazy Mary, Rearviewmirror

2nd Encore: Black, Rockin' In The Free World ,Yellow Ledbetter

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post here only if you were in attendance.

Early Set List from “I’m Gone” and “madsun”

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MotherDearMotherDear Posts: 16
    F**********************CK YEAH

this was amazing!! the crowd was not at it's best but the band was!! brilliant!! one of the best RVM I've heard!

there was a first encore btw. the show "ended" with Alive and then they came up for Given To Fly, etc etc.. and the second encore was Black, Keep On Rockin' and Ledbetter.

Eddie's well known love for the portuguese people was shown once again with long portuguese spoken talks with the crowd! Great funny moment when he said f*ck Madrid!! :P ahah nuestros hermanos are not amused :P ahah but obviously he meant no harm. he said that it was his portuguese friends who told him to say it. and it was more like: "who cares that we have a show tomorrow?!! we're gonna rock the sh*t out of you!!"

the show ended too soon though.. I spent almost two hours looking at the clock while Chester whatsisname was yelling like the spoiled brat that he is and then PJ jump in and time just fleeeewwwwww away!
    I'm not sure but I think it was about.. 2:15 hours or something.
    we'll share our bodies in disdain for the system
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Fun Fun Fun to see the guys again and say hello in the first show of the tour! It was the generic festival setlist with no surprises buy the guys rocked hard and were jumping up and down and all around!

Lots of eye contact and "conversations" with them, so as me & Pegasus both had the idea to make a cradling gesture towards Mike for congrats about the baby, he noticed and thanked us happily!

I bet Munich and Poland will brings us back to lost dogs and many surprises, but I had a lot of fun seing two young friends from Israel come along and see their first PJ show ever and getting all the familiars in a row!

btw, Mike has a new pic, itºs his dog, sketched like Jeffs (probably by Jeff) on both sides...
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,890
    edwho wrote:
    Opening Set: (Interstellar Overdrive) / Corduroy,

YES!!

Did Daughter have a tag? If so, what? We need to know!! :D
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    what sickness! here's to new shows!
    "I forgot the F***ing song."
    - Eddie Vedder, San Francisco 7-16-06, after botching Sometimes, the night's opener

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/pujolsFTW.JPG
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    There wasn't a real tag for Duaghter, but the whole crowd was chanting the "Eh Eohe Ehohe..." and Eddie was just going along with it and saying Don't let the sun go down on me... Or something along those lines, don't hold me to it, it's all mixed up like a dream in the morning...

I think I remember him yelling "Your all fanatics!" After that, but I could be mistaking :)
  • Options
    Anyone who was lucky enough to be at the opening Euro show,was there any new merch from last year? did they have any tour hoodies or jackets like last year?

Thanks

JR
  • Options
    disconnecteddisconnected Posts: 2,875
    Anyone who was lucky enough to be at the opening Euro show,was there any new merch from last year? did they have any tour hoodies or jackets like last year?

Thanks

JR

Try to ask the same over here. This thread is more popular I think.
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    but the whole crowd was chanting the "Eh Eohe Ehohe..."

YES!!!!!

I fuckin love when that shit happens...I've been listening to the Daughter version from Milano 2006, since the boot came out and that chant makes me want to listen again and again!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    ParasolParasol Posts: 319
    --- Barcelona 01/09/2006 ---
    ---- Lisbon 04/09/2006
    ---- Lisbon 05/09/2006
    "One of the best...The Best! Thank You!" Eddie Vedder. 05/09/2006 Lisbon, Portugal
    2007:
    ---- Lisbon 08/06/2007 ----
    ---- London 18/06/2007 ----
    --- Nijmegen 28/06/2007 ---
    --- Werchter 29/06/2007 ---
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Cool pics man! Cool Ed jacket in the 2´nd pic!

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    crislxcrislx Posts: 85
    einatshaul wrote:
    There wasn't a real tag for Duaghter, but the whole crowd was chanting the "Eh Eohe Ehohe..." and Eddie was just going along with it and saying Don't let the sun go down on me... Or something along those lines, don't hold me to it, it's all mixed up like a dream in the morning...

I think I remember him yelling "Your all fanatics!" After that, but I could be mistaking)
    Yes... it was pretty cool the crowd chanting thing. It goes like that everytime they play "daughter" live around here... and it's not even one of my favourite songs. But the crowd last night was really good, the place was packed. 30 or 40.000 people at least, all singing. Fantastic empathy. Even with such an obvious setlist, practicaly the same we heard last september. Best of, big hits, after all it was a summer festival. Still, lots of adrenaline.
    Eddie talked all the time, in portuguese and english, connected with the people, told some stories... he was in a great mood, I must say.
    I was reading some minutes ago that he came two days earlier to surf with friends. Did the same last year. Cool.

If only they had played "Oceans" and "Sad"...
  • Options
    MotherDear wrote:
    I'm not sure but I think it was about.. 2:15 hours or something.

Barely two hours, 1h50. Amazing how time flies...
  • Options
    HawkHawk Posts: 3
    Honestly I was a bit disapointed. After the 2 amazing Pearl Jam concerts in Portugal last year I expected more.

Of course that, by being a festival, it had to be different. The setlist only had the most popular songs, and that's normal, because the majority of the crowd wasn't a pearl jam fan (at least not an hardcore one...). Didn't see many people jump, and I also didn't see many people singing the lyrics (only the chorus...and I remind that they only played really popular songs...).

It was a good concert. It's always good to see Pearl Jam. Not just quite as good as I expected. Band performance at stage was great though. The band really loves Portugal.
    "Oh, you know what it's like..."
  • Options
    BeatrizBeatriz Posts: 52
    It was a festival, the set list, wasn't bad considering that. I loved the show, they were amazing, the interacting with the audience was beautiful! They were happy and having so much fun, and promised to come back next year!
    I don't want to take what you can give
    I would rather starve than eat your bread
    I would rather run but I can't walk
    Guess I'll lie alone just like before

23-05-00/04-09-06/05-09-06
  • Options
    Did Matt Cameron do a drum solo for Even Flow?
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • Options
    Did Matt Cameron do a drum solo for Even Flow?
    yes. pretty good one, as i remember. And McCready did one of his usual guitar god solos, too.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    seems a bit too 06y for my liking....

maybe only because it was a gig and the first show.. i hope they really mix it up !
  • Options
    How was the whole Linkin Park thing?
  • Options
    How was the whole Linkin Park thing?
    To be completely honest, I hate Linking Park... But I'll try to be objective: it was not a good show.
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    edwho wrote:
    Opening Set: (Interstellar Overdrive) / Corduroy, Do The Evolution, World Wide Suicide, Animal, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Severed Hand, Even Flow, Big Wave, Daughter, State Of Love And Trust, Life Wasted, Alive

1st Encore: Given To Fly, Why Go, Better Man, Crazy Mary, Rearviewmirror

2nd Encore: Black, Rockin' In The Free World ,Yellow Ledbetter

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post here only if you were in attendance.

Early Set List from “I’m Gone” and “madsun”

setlist doesnt impress me at all...pretty much no rarities
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    It is requested that only concert attendees post in Fanview threads.

Thank you for your cooperation, edwho

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    I m still alive,it's what i've to say...great concert and a good setlist,it s what i expected for a festival,last night i cry in black,i jump like i never jumped in rearviewmirror(one of the best performances ever) i stay calm listen a brilliant crazy mary... And i m very proud of be portuguese,what a crowd my god. We are the best...no doubts!!!!!

Restelo,Lisbon-2000
    Atlântico,Lisbon-2006
    Atlântico,Lisbon-2006
    Alive,Algés-2007
  • Options
    As it was already mentioned, even by those who weren't there, yesterday's set list hasn't brought many surprises and was pretty much a greatest hits gig with some last album tunes.
    It was my 4th time seeing PJ and I still can't get them to play 'Porch'. Damn it guys, wtf?
    In spite of it, it was a great show and I found the band very happy and looking forward to tour.
    Top 3 goes to 'Rearviewmirror' , 'Why Go' and 'Rockin' in the Free World'.
    Nice variation on the lyrics of 'Yellow Ledbetter' where Ed sang 'my brother's coming home in a box or a bag' (does he really have a brother in the army abroad or was he speaking in more general terms?) and something about President Bush in middle of it, I didn't quite get it.
    Eddie continues loyal to his red wine and to his struggle with speaking the native tongue of every country they play.
    Memorable moment when he said 'F*ck Madrid' in good old Portuguese, with some hundreds of Spanish in the audience.
    There's no such thing as a bad PJ show and therefore, yesterday was a night to remember. Another.
    Oh, by the way, Mccready keeps playing God.
    the in between is mine.
  • Options
    McShadeMcShade Posts: 156
    Vitalogia wrote:
    As it was already mentioned, even by those who weren't there, yesterday's set list hasn't brought many surprises and was pretty much a greatest hits gig with some last album tunes.
    It was my 4th time seeing PJ and I still can't get them to play 'Porch'. Damn it guys, wtf?
    In spite of it, it was a great show and I found the band very happy and looking forward to tour.
    Top 3 goes to 'Rearviewmirror' , 'Why Go' and 'Rockin' in the Free World'.
    Nice variation on the lyrics of 'Yellow Ledbetter' where Ed sang 'my brother's coming home in a box or a bag' (does he really have a brother in the army abroad or was he speaking in more general terms?) and something about President Bush in middle of it, I didn't quite get it.
    Eddie continues loyal to his red wine and to his struggle with speaking the native tongue of every country they play.
    Memorable moment when he said 'F*ck Madrid' in good old Portuguese, with some hundreds of Spanish in the audience.
    There's no such thing as a bad PJ show and therefore, yesterday was a night to remember. Another.
    Oh, by the way, Mccready keeps playing God.

I think I remeber (I was too busy jumping up and down...) him saying "the president's an idiot" as changed lyrics in some song, but I can't remeber which song...
    and "que se f*** Madrid" was beautiful. no offense.
    I interpret it just like you say...who cares where we'll be tomorrow, tonight we're were and that's what matters!!!!
  • Options
    McShade wrote:
    and "que se f*** Madrid" was beautiful. no offense.
    I interpret it just like you say...who cares where we'll be tomorrow, tonight we're were and that's what matters!!!!
    F'ckin' incredible, the huge amount of generosity that this band shows to their crowds, worldwide. I imagine the same thing happened in Madrid last night.
    There were lots of people coming from all around the world, friday night. I saw britons, germans, spaniards, aussies, brazilians and even americans. All of them doing what I can only dream to do one day: travel around Europe to see them perform live. There's a huge amount of devotion and generosity there, too.
    It would be fantastic if they scheaduled five or six more intimate, Benaroya-like shows, across Europe, in a near future. I'm looking forward to that.

PJ rocks my world!
  • Options
    joyodongojoyodongo Posts: 36
    Well, I was in Lisbon on friday and yesterday in Madrid (my hometown). I must admit that I liked more the Lisbon concert. The setlist was OK; no surprises but I always like to listen to the hits. In Madrid the show was shorter and I missed: Rearviewmirror, Evolution and specially... Better Man. Last year in Madrid they started with it and it was crazy, and this year...no Better Man... pity.
    I was a bit surprised about the enthusiastic reaction of the portuguese people after the famous 'f*ck Madrid'. Anyway, I believe you when you say: 'No problem, no offense'. Well, I told you what happened yesterday in Madrid. When Eddie began to talk and say: 'We're very happy to be in Madrid, blablabla..., but the best thing is... TO BE OUT OF PORTUGAL!!! and the reaction of the public was... complete silence... like thinking: What is this guy saying??!! It seems like someone has tried to convince Eddie to exploit the supposed spanish-portuguese rivalry and, as far as we are concerned (the spaniards), this rivalry doesn't exist. In fact, IMHO, it is affection the actual feeling (at least from the spanish side). So, I think that the joke of being glad for being out of Portugal wasn't specially... brilliant.
    I think that the connection with the public was better in Lisbon. In fact, I think that the ammount of wine drank by Eddie had somehing to do with it. He was very funny... The concert was less serious that other times...
    The sound, in both concerts, was not spectacular, but OK.

Saludos.
    Dublin 23/8/06 - Vitoria 2/9/06 - Madrid 7/9/06
    Lisbon 8/6/07 - Madrid 9/6/07 - London 18/6/07 - Düsseldorf 21/6/07 - Copenhagen 26/6/07
    New York 24/6/08 - New York 25/6/08
    Rotterdam 13/8/09 - Berlin 15/8/09 - Manchester 17/8/09 - London 18/8/09 - Seattle 21/9/09 - Seattle 22/9/09
    Bilbao 9/7/10
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obxJz9rikw4&mode=related&search=

Good video,the better i found in you tube...
  • Options
    MotherDearMotherDear Posts: 16
    joyodongo wrote:
    Well, I was in Lisbon on friday and yesterday in Madrid (my hometown). I must admit that I liked more the Lisbon concert. The setlist was OK; no surprises but I always like to listen to the hits. In Madrid the show was shorter and I missed: Rearviewmirror, Evolution and specially... Better Man. Last year in Madrid they started with it and it was crazy, and this year...no Better Man... pity.
    I was a bit surprised about the enthusiastic reaction of the portuguese people after the famous 'f*ck Madrid'. Anyway, I believe you when you say: 'No problem, no offense'. Well, I told you what happened yesterday in Madrid. When Eddie began to talk and say: 'We're very happy to be in Madrid, blablabla..., but the best thing is... TO BE OUT OF PORTUGAL!!! and the reaction of the public was... complete silence... like thinking: What is this guy saying??!! It seems like someone has tried to convince Eddie to exploit the supposed spanish-portuguese rivalry and, as far as we are concerned (the spaniards), this rivalry doesn't exist. In fact, IMHO, it is affection the actual feeling (at least from the spanish side). So, I think that the joke of being glad for being out of Portugal wasn't specially... brilliant.
    I think that the connection with the public was better in Lisbon. In fact, I think that the ammount of wine drank by Eddie had somehing to do with it. He was very funny... The concert was less serious that other times...
    The sound, in both concerts, was not spectacular, but OK.

Saludos.

ahah maybe he was trying to make it up for that comment last night. hey.. you're all nuestros hermanos for all I know.. but there's always been a bit of love/hate thing going on towards spanish people.. I have no idea why :P maybe we're jealous cuz you have way more atractive football! :D and also because a lot of dumb people around the world still think Portugal is a province of Spain! but really.. I couldn't care less.. you are nuestros hermanos.

I simply thought it was hilarious that his portuguese friends would try to have him saying that! anyway.. like I said before.. it was in no way offensive.. I think.. but then again I'm not spanish.

I prefer to remember what a kick ass show it was.. I know I rocked like there was no tomorrow!! which there was.. cuz I went back for the White Stripes but that's a whole different story!
    we'll share our bodies in disdain for the system
  • Options
    joyodongojoyodongo Posts: 36
    MotherDear wrote:
    I simply thought it was hilarious that his portuguese friends would try to have him saying that! anyway.. like I said before.. it was in no way offensive.. I think.. but then again I'm not spanish.
    No worries, I wasn't offended, I was only surprised because I've always seen portuguese people very kind to us ... But I understand perfectly what you said. In fact, maybe the 'joke', in Lisbon was hilarious, but the one in Spain... wasn't, it was a bit out of place; as I wrote before, people didn't react at all... and, if I were portuguese, I wouldn't have liked that... even being a 'joke'.

Saludos, hermano
    Dublin 23/8/06 - Vitoria 2/9/06 - Madrid 7/9/06
    Lisbon 8/6/07 - Madrid 9/6/07 - London 18/6/07 - Düsseldorf 21/6/07 - Copenhagen 26/6/07
    New York 24/6/08 - New York 25/6/08
    Rotterdam 13/8/09 - Berlin 15/8/09 - Manchester 17/8/09 - London 18/8/09 - Seattle 21/9/09 - Seattle 22/9/09
    Bilbao 9/7/10
  • Options
    jopharjophar Posts: 2
    Beside the jokes...

Black was awsome.... Good crowd interaction... Beautifull...
    And, on Yellow Ledbetter he spoke about his brother that died at war (I think) and about Bush... That gave me the creeps... like, "My brother, my brother is going home on a box or on a bag" Wow...

Preety nice show, though, was my 1st one =)

cheers