How you feeling right now???

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    Awesome, because I was flicking around, and just landed on the greatest comedy sketch ever produced: The Chapelle Show's Charlie Murphy/Rick James one. That makes me feel great for at least an hour. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Disappointed and sad.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,378
    Disappointed and sad.
    Big hug for you
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    23scidoo said:
    Disappointed and sad.
    Big hug for you
    Thank you.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Disappointed and sad.
    What has happened?
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited July 2019
    Post edited by hedonist on
    Annafalk said:
    Disappointed and sad.
    What has happened?
    Don’t worry about turning 40, you still have 5 years left, that is a lot of time.
    A comfort is also that it’s the same for everyone, it’s very equal, aging I mean. I know I always say those obvious things...
    I’m trying to think about not filling life with days but the days with life. (But it’s not always that easy)
    I’m sitting in the car looking out the window, the landscape is moving on the outside. A journey like life is and the journey that’s also the goal. 
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:
    Disappointed and sad.
    What has happened?
    Don’t worry about turning 40, you still have 5 years left, that is a lot of time.
    A comfort is also that it’s the same for everyone, it’s very equal, aging I mean. I know I always say those obvious things...
    I’m trying to think about not filling life with days but the days with life. (But it’s not always that easy)
    I’m sitting in the car looking out the window, the landscape is moving on the outside. A journey like life is and the journey that’s also the goal. 
    Just very down about my life situation at the moment.
    I feel like I don't know who I am, where I am going, where I fit into this world.
    I'm nearly finished my bachelor's degree in psychology and then have honours next year and hopefully further studies if I make it.
    But the problem is I don't know if my chosen career is for me. 

And I need to find a job, applied for 2 jobs and got rejected for both. I have not had a job for 4 years as I wanted to focus entirely on studying plus I don't want to work because of how badly I was bullied in my last job. I am out of confidence. I feel like I can't do anything right. I had some work experience in between when I was studying to be a high school teacher and my supervising teacher said I was doing poorly and she was going to fail me for my work experience. She was very pissed off at me and didn't want to talk to me much. She kept faulting everything I did. I then dropped out of that career path. The two last jobs I had I got fired from and my university work experience I failed. I feel like a failure. Having to go back to work makes me very anxious knowing I am struggling and always the target of bullying.

My friends are new fathers and happy with life, they have jobs they are happy with. I am happy for them but it is bittersweet.
    I've never had a girlfriend.
    I just feel like a big loser.
    Been batting feelings of sadness for the whole year but keeping it to myself.

This is why 40 is a big deal for me. 40 year old virgin without a career.
    Still lives with mum and dad because he can't afford to live on his own.
    edited July 2019
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:
    Disappointed and sad.
    What has happened?
    I feel like I don't know who I am, where I am going, where I fit into this world.
    I'm nearly finished my bachelor's degree in psychology and then have honours next year and hopefully further studies if I make it.

And I need to find a job, applied for 2 jobs and got rejected for both. I have not had a job for 4 years as I wanted to focus entirely on studying plus I don't want to work because of how badly I was bullied in my last job. I am out of confidence. I feel like I can't do anything right. I had some work experience in between when I was studying to be a high school teacher and my supervising teacher said I was doing poorly and she was going to fail me for my work experience. She was very pissed off at me and didn't want to talk to me much. She kept faulting everything I did. I then dropped out of that career path. The two last jobs I had I got fired from and my university work experience I failed. I feel like a failure. Having to go back to work makes me very anxious knowing I am struggling and always the target of bullying.

My friends are new fathers and happy with life, they have jobs they are happy with. I am happy for them but it is bittersweet.

Maybe don’t focus on the end goal, make a short term commitment and follow through, then choose the next goal on your journey. 
    Great to hear that you are about to finalize your Bachelor degree! That is a great achievement. Take pride in finalizing that, and you will be set for reaching the next goal you set your mind to, just make sure you move forward in small steps, and don't let anyone devalue your progress - you do this for you, and noone else!
    Try to focus on the positive things in life, Eddie told us at the concert how he had been earlier in his life not many paychecks from poverty actually.  A lot of things can change in life, I hope you will reach your goals and achieve what you set your mind to, you can do it.

Post edited by Annafalk on
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    I am feeling proud that I was able to break through my anxiety to make my follow up mammography yesterday. I had to get 5 of them done (on one side) and each one was more squished. And I had a sonogram on both. Good news - I'm clear. Go back next year. Phew.

I am not sure how I feel - it's my sister's birthday July 9 - she's been gone since 2013 and she went to the hospital on her birthday. She was gone by September.. 

I quit smoking on July 9 2017. I wanted to make it a day that was positive instead of sad and make my big sis proud of me maybe. I'm 2 years cigarette free. My doc had me use vapes and I did both for a while but I didn't buy the cigarettes one day in July and my sister's birthday is now my anniversary. I miss her a lot. 

Was going to go food shopping to keep the leave the house thing going but woke up with a migraine and still have it. I better not have it tomorrow cause I have SO much I need to do. SO much.

But I'm proud of myself for breaking through and getting where I needed to go. And I'm really proud of not smoking for 2 years - I have smoked since I was a teen and never though I'd do it. So my sissy's birthday is a good day. 

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,899
    njnancy said:
    I am feeling proud that I was able to break through my anxiety to make my follow up mammography yesterday. I had to get 5 of them done (on one side) and each one was more squished. And I had a sonogram on both. Good news - I'm clear. Go back next year. Phew.

I am not sure how I feel - it's my sister's birthday July 9 - she's been gone since 2013 and she went to the hospital on her birthday. She was gone by September.. 

I quit smoking on July 9 2017. I wanted to make it a day that was positive instead of sad and make my big sis proud of me maybe. I'm 2 years cigarette free. My doc had me use vapes and I did both for a while but I didn't buy the cigarettes one day in July and my sister's birthday is now my anniversary. I miss her a lot. 

Was going to go food shopping to keep the leave the house thing going but woke up with a migraine and still have it. I better not have it tomorrow cause I have SO much I need to do. SO much.

But I'm proud of myself for breaking through and getting where I needed to go. And I'm really proud of not smoking for 2 years - I have smoked since I was a teen and never though I'd do it. So my sissy's birthday is a good day. 

Hugs on all clear.  And congrats.0
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:
    Disappointed and sad.
    What has happened?

Maybe don’t focus on the end goal, make a short term commitment and follow through, then choose the next goal on your journey. 
    Great to hear that you are about to finalize your Bachelor degree! That is a great achievement. Take pride in finalizing that, and you will be set for reaching the next goal you set your mind to, just make sure you move forward in small steps, and don't let anyone devalue your progress - you do this for you, and noone else!
    Try to focus on the positive things in life, Eddie told us at the concert how he had been earlier in his life not many paychecks from poverty actually.  A lot of things can change in life, I hope you will reach your goals and achieve what you set your mind to, you can do it.

Thank you Anna.
    I should be excited to be doing so well in my university studies but I am not.
    As my friend told me, I just got to keep trucking on.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,596
    I now feel 44
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    njnancy said:

I'm proud of you too. :plus_one:
    njnancy said:

Good news indeed - few feelings are as good as the relief felt when medical results come back negative.
    Good for you on the stopping smoking. It is an achievement! Re the mammograms. I've not yet actually had my first one, but I'm about that age, and need to do that soon. Does it hurt??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Awesome job, Nancy - and a beautiful tribute to your sister.  I know that mine has been there for me in so many ways through my own turmoil.

And...congratulations on the clear breast bill ;)  I put mine off until I became ill, and it was a huge relief to not only finally get it over with, but to know the 'grams look good.

Damn this OB/GYN shit!  Hate to do it, gotta do it.

PJS, mine didn't hurt; a bit uncomfortable, but no pain at all.  A compassionate tech helps too.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    thankful that it's the weekend now
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,802
    Feeling good.  Just jogged 3 miles while listening to No Code.  Such an intoxicating album.  
    good, just found $20 in our apt. complex parking lot :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    edited July 2019
    I love when that happens!! I found $10 on the sidewalk a couple weeks ago and it made my day. :lol:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I love when that happens!! I found $10 on the sidewalk a couple weeks ago and it made my day. :lol:
    funny later in the day I was volunteering at the local independent theater for Blobfest and while I was sweeping up I found $5 by the seats on the floor
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

"But I covered my mouth..."

My fever and lying in bed this weekend disagrees. :angry:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    Oh no something  similar  happened here  . Good luck drink  plenty
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I thank you.  

Oh yes.  Drinking plenty, but forgot my cold medicine at home today.  :bawling:  Definitely feeling it.  It'll all be over soon though.  I will see the infector tomorrow.  "Could you please not cough all over my teacup and my workspace next time you have the plague?"  She was offended when I moved my teacup.  Now she'll understand why.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    deadendp said:
    I thank you.  

Oh yes.  Drinking plenty, but forgot my cold medicine at home today.  :bawling:  Definitely feeling it.  It'll all be over soon though.  I will see the infector tomorrow.  "Could you please not cough all over my teacup and my workspace next time you have the plague?"  She was offended when I moved my teacup.  Now she'll understand why.  
    Im just direct.  As i suffer with chronic health anxiety  i would not even be in space  with illness. Im good at direct.  People hey
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

edited July 2019
    Pretty good for maybe a less than awesome reason: shopping therapy euphoria from Amazon Prime Day. :lol:
    I never intended to ever bother with the whole Alexa smart home thing, but they had the Echo Dots on for so cheap ($27.99 CAD!), that I just went for it and bought 2 of them, along with a fire stick and a smart plug. So I'm kind of excited about getting that going, as unnecessary as it is in my life.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,899
    Tired and sweaty.  Just finished doing all the yard work in anticipation of the rain tomorrow.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Alive
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    I feel like my midlife crisis is working in my favor right now.
    Quit job that used to be fulfilling...check 
    Sold house...check 
    Moved to a new city...check 
    Traveling this summer,  seeing shows and avoiding all reality...check, check, check, check 
    I feeeel like I will go back to reality when I am damn well ready. 
    I feel like my midlife crisis is working in my favor right now.
    Quit job that used to be fulfilling...check 
    Sold house...check 
    Moved to a new city...check 
    Traveling this summer,  seeing shows and avoiding all reality...check, check, check, check 
    I feeeel like I will go back to reality when I am damn well ready. 
    This sounds great and exciting with all the new happenings in your life, happy for you !!! :)