Options

How you feeling right now???

Comments

• Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    samjam said:

Haha! Too full.

Same here...it was breakfast for dinner night. French toast. I mayyybe ate way too much.
    I had breakfast for dinner last night...it was super delish, now I'm just HUNGRY!!! I get off work soon though so I can go home and eat...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Yay it's Friday :)
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,630
    great..i'm gonna see Mark Lanegan tonight for the first time
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Tired of time travelers being named after HG Wells like it's such a clever homage.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Get PAID today!! :-D
  • Options
    frozenwithsaltfrozenwithsalt Texas Posts: 765
    Not feeling very good....for the last two weeks or so I've seen quite a few ' I am sick' post - usually followed with a 'had to go to urgent care' post and now I am there too. Went to bed with a tickle in my throat and some congestion. Woke up only being able to breathe out of my mouth, a sore throat, head ache, and ear ache.

So here I am saying what's already been said by many, if I don't feel better in the next day or two I'm going to have to head to the urgent care clinic.

bleh
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,716
    Sounds like a really bad cold. I had the same back in October, where I actually woke up and could be league at all for maybe 30 seconds... i was worried I might die for a few seconds there, but then my lungs and throat opened up again. It was just a REALLY bad cold (worst of my life)... But your symptoms probably don't warrant a trip to an urgent care clinic though, does it? I'm not trying to be an asshole, and apologize anyway for saying this, but it uses up healthcare resources unnecessarily and also spreads viruses around to others when people go to the doctor when they have the cold or flu, which a doctor can do nothing about.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Sounds like a really bad cold. I had the same back in October, where I actually woke up and could be league at all for maybe 30 seconds... i was worried I might die for a few seconds there, but then my lungs and throat opened up again. It was just a REALLY bad cold (worst of my life)... But your symptoms probably don't warrant a trip to an urgent care clinic though, does it? I'm not trying to be an asshole, and apologize anyway for saying this, but it uses up healthcare resources unnecessarily and also spreads viruses around to others when people go to the doctor when they have the cold or flu, which a doctor can do nothing about.

No they don't yet. I have asthma and my inhaler seems to be doing the trick at every 2-4 hours, but once I hit the two 'hits' within 20 min situation it's time to head in. I'm hoping to let my body do it's thing and help it out with lots of hot tea, honey and lemon, a 5lb bag of halo oranges and plenty of liquids.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

No they don't yet. I have asthma and my inhaler seems to be doing the trick at every 2-4 hours, but once I hit the two 'hits' within 20 min situation it's time to head in. I'm hoping to let my body do it's thing and help it out with lots of hot tea, honey and lemon, a 5lb bag of halo oranges and plenty of liquids.
    Ah, well my apologies. I didn't know you were talking about if you reached the point of respiratory distress.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Ah, well my apologies. I didn't know you were talking about if you reached the point of respiratory distress.
    No apologies needed, I don't think it would considers distress but anytime my inhaler doesn't cut it in I go. I understand about spreading the virus thing. I always think of be movie contagion - scary stuff.

What really freaks me out is the overuse of antibiotics resulting in resilient bacteria
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

No apologies needed, I don't think it would considers distress but anytime my inhaler doesn't cut it in I go. I understand about spreading the virus thing. I always think of be movie contagion - scary stuff.

What really freaks me out is the overuse of antibiotics resulting in resilient bacteria
    That freaks me out too! I actually think that is probably going to be the direct cause of "the" major worldwide catastrophe that humans will inevitably face.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    Relieved. We're moving someplace nice. Whew. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    Spring break vacation tomorrow, so happy!
  • Options
    antsy...it's friday night, and I wanna go home...even though I have to be back here at 7am tomorrow morning...haha
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I think I have heartburn. It ouchies.

Frozenwithsalt, I waited about 3 weeks (and two back to back colds) before seeking medical attention. Even then the only reason I really did was because of the semi-solid masses evacuating my sinus cavity. That shit was too nasty to mention on here though lol. Since it turns out I actually have a sinus infection, not a cold, they gave me some crazy strong antibiotics. I'm not really happy about it since like you guys mentioned the superbugs are coming and ima be one of them people that has too high a resistance to the antibiotics lol. Plus the side effects are really unpleasant.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

I think I have heartburn. It ouchies.

Frozenwithsalt, I waited about 3 weeks (and two back to back colds) before seeking medical attention. Even then the only reason I really did was because of the semi-solid masses evacuating my sinus cavity. That shit was too nasty to mention on here though lol. Since it turns out I actually have a sinus infection, not a cold, they gave me some crazy strong antibiotics. I'm not really happy about it since like you guys mentioned the superbugs are coming and ima be one of them people that has too high a resistance to the antibiotics lol. Plus the side effects are really unpleasant.

Well, I feel much better today (after a dose of mucinex and a unpleasant night if coughing *gag* stuff up). Anywho my ears are still congested but don't hurt, throat doesn't hurt at all and I don't have too much sinus pressure. I wonder if all the oranges I ate helped....lol, I ate the ENTIRE 5lb bag.
  • Options
    Bored and extremely tired...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    Contemplative. I just got back from the funeral of a friend. It was actually the first funeral of a contemporary I've attended; all the others have been of people a generation or two older. It's an odd feeling to think you have entered that territory, although it must be said he was quite a bit older than me.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

Contemplative. I just got back from the funeral of a friend. It was actually the first funeral of a contemporary I've attended; all the others have been of people a generation or two older. It's an odd feeling to think you have entered that territory, although it must be said he was quite a bit older than me.

It's a scary feeling to enter that territory. Those few years where you're still young and your parents are relatively young are few and fleeting. Now I worry because my parents are in their mid 60's and I've lost 1 friend to breast cancer - I'm thankful for each birthday now.
  • Options
    Drunk.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    I'm suddenly tired. That will teach me to stay still longer than 10 minutes.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,835
    Wholly unprepared!
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788

Wholly unprepared!

Wishing the best for you! I had hand surgery 2 years ago this summer and was off work for 3 months. It was awesome despite the pain and difficulty with therapy.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,835

Wholly unprepared!

Wishing the best for you! I had hand surgery 2 years ago this summer and was off work for 3 months. It was awesome despite the pain and difficulty with therapy.
    Thanks Jen :) I'm good with the surgery, it's my house and my life that I'm just starting to realize how tough it is going to be to alter for the next 8 weeks.....it also doesn't help that it is an early spring here and I won't be able to do anything.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Irritated, Comcast service sucks...I don't have internet AGAIN, so I'm burning up my mobile data on my phone. I was also supposed to familiarize myself with the new program, but since I don't have internet...*Grrrr*
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    Woke up with a raging headache, again.
    I've changed laundry soap, pillows, night time "routine" not sure what more to try. I hate having to depend on meds to make it right.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    snow again in Chicago!!!!!!! getting real sick of this winter / start of spring
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    wasa1971 said:

Woke up with a raging headache, again.
    I've changed laundry soap, pillows, night time "routine" not sure what more to try. I hate having to depend on meds to make it right.

Do you grind your teeth when you sleep? I know I can tell when I have because I wake up with a throbbing headache.
    Post edited by frozenwithsalt on
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Bummed...another job rejection. Thought I had a good chance at this one, too.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam said:

Bummed...another job rejection. Thought I had a good chance at this one, too.

Sorry to hear that. Hope things get better soon.