Options

How you feeling right now???

Comments

• Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357

F'in cold. It is a balmy 9 degrees F and the snow is blowin'. It is supposed to reach 1 degree F by 6 a.m. Degree, singular. -17C. image With a wind chill of -12F (-24C) Yay! I think I am ready to take up hibernation. Not enough ~O) in the world. [-(

Ouch, that's cold. Where do you live? Over here (Sweden) it's at least +8C, not that bad, considering it's November.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

ldent42 said:

ldent42 said:

I think I pulled every muscle in my arm & slipped another disk.

Man that is really shitty, I hope you feel better soon. For now take drugs lots of drugs.

Also feel the need to apologize for the masturbation joke that instantly came to mind.
    LOL I've never associated the motion of jerking off with that of scrubbing large bulky surfaces but I guess I do see it! Haha.
    I have been taking ibuprofen 600mg but it's not strong enough to help with the pain in my back. I wish I had something stronger, but I'm grateful at least I have something for the arm pain. I'm afraid of calling the doctor cuz I think he's just going to label me a drug seeker.My circumstances aren't exactly 'understandable'.
    Go get some Aleve, it works especially if you take it with the ibuprofen. You can get that without a prescription can't you? I can't believe how hard it is to get non-addictive pain meds down in the states. When I tore a ligament in my ankle while down there for work, I was forced to go through that with just regular strength ibuprofen and it sucked hard.
    Don't know what the circumstances are, but if you can and are down edibles help with that as well.
    I have Aleve in the cabinet - I always thought you weren't supposed to mix those medicines though? I've got Aleve liquid gels, regular tylenol, Bayer Back and Body, and the prescription Ibuprofen 600mg which I've been taking twice a day.
    My thing with asking the doctor for meds is I don't have a regular GP since my insurance is stupid, I go to a clinic so I don't always get the same doctor and I can't just call and be like 'HELP IM IN PAIN SEND DRUGS!" they way you could when you have good insurance and a regular doctor. The physiatrist doctor I'm supposed to be seeing I've only seen twice and I get the impression that he both distrusts and dislikes me, but in his defense I am a terrible patient. I chickened out of an epidural steroid injection for the sciatica ... twice. The first time I called and rescheduled, the second time I just flaked, which I KNOW is wrong but like I was scared :( and then when they called me I was too scared to pick up or call back cuz I know they're gonna yell at me and they're right to, but have you SEEN those needles? Plus the doctor wanted me to do physical therapy there, but they don't offer transportation and it's too far to be taking the train there and back when I'm in that much pain. I kept telling him I wanted to find someplace closer to my house which I think pissed him off. And he's the only one of them in my area that takes my insurance so I am pretty much screwed.

I'm not a fan of the green, in any form. I don't drink either, which is what most people have suggested as a pain management technique. No thank you.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Ready to go home!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    ldent42 said:

ldent42 said:

ldent42 said:

Man that is really shitty, I hope you feel better soon. For now take drugs lots of drugs.

Also feel the need to apologize for the masturbation joke that instantly came to mind.
    LOL I've never associated the motion of jerking off with that of scrubbing large bulky surfaces but I guess I do see it! Haha.
    I have been taking ibuprofen 600mg but it's not strong enough to help with the pain in my back. I wish I had something stronger, but I'm grateful at least I have something for the arm pain. I'm afraid of calling the doctor cuz I think he's just going to label me a drug seeker.My circumstances aren't exactly 'understandable'.
    Go get some Aleve, it works especially if you take it with the ibuprofen. You can get that without a prescription can't you? I can't believe how hard it is to get non-addictive pain meds down in the states. When I tore a ligament in my ankle while down there for work, I was forced to go through that with just regular strength ibuprofen and it sucked hard.
    Don't know what the circumstances are, but if you can and are down edibles help with that as well.
    I have Aleve in the cabinet - I always thought you weren't supposed to mix those medicines though? I've got Aleve liquid gels, regular tylenol, Bayer Back and Body, and the prescription Ibuprofen 600mg which I've been taking twice a day.
    My thing with asking the doctor for meds is I don't have a regular GP since my insurance is stupid, I go to a clinic so I don't always get the same doctor and I can't just call and be like 'HELP IM IN PAIN SEND DRUGS!" they way you could when you have good insurance and a regular doctor. The physiatrist doctor I'm supposed to be seeing I've only seen twice and I get the impression that he both distrusts and dislikes me, but in his defense I am a terrible patient. I chickened out of an epidural steroid injection for the sciatica ... twice. The first time I called and rescheduled, the second time I just flaked, which I KNOW is wrong but like I was scared :( and then when they called me I was too scared to pick up or call back cuz I know they're gonna yell at me and they're right to, but have you SEEN those needles? Plus the doctor wanted me to do physical therapy there, but they don't offer transportation and it's too far to be taking the train there and back when I'm in that much pain. I kept telling him I wanted to find someplace closer to my house which I think pissed him off. And he's the only one of them in my area that takes my insurance so I am pretty much screwed.

I'm not a fan of the green, in any form. I don't drink either, which is what most people have suggested as a pain management technique. No thank you.
    Drinking doesn't do anything to help so that is a bad idea, the green at least relaxes you without negative side effects and that helps with healing, but not your scene and that's cool.

When I'm really broken (like I have been since the tour - one day I will remember that I'm not 22 while travelling to see the band :p) it's two x-strength ibuprofen(400mg ea) and one Aleve and my Serrapetase supplement to get me moving in the morning. Never had an issue with putting all that together, its just not a long term solution. Also screw what your doctor thinks if you need help right now then get it, they aren't anyone special just overpaid ego maniacs(most of them, sometimes you find a good one). He also probably wants you to go to the physical therapy at a specific site cause he gets a cut for every referral - check with your insurance and see if there is anywhere close to you that they will cover - then tell your Dr to refer you there. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time and that you have to deal with the messed up medical situation in the States. Every time I hear one of these stories it makes me so much more grateful to live in Canada, especially with all the medical issues that hit me this year.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    great, had lots of sleep with lots of dreams and i plan to stay home...not tired today :D
  • Options
    bluegrace said:

F'in cold. It is a balmy 9 degrees F and the snow is blowin'. It is supposed to reach 1 degree F by 6 a.m. Degree, singular. -17C. image With a wind chill of -12F (-24C) Yay! I think I am ready to take up hibernation. Not enough ~O) in the world. [-(

Ouch, that's cold. Where do you live? Over here (Sweden) it's at least +8C, not that bad, considering it's November.
    The high here today in my part of Colorado was supposed to be 9 (-13C). I am not sure we reached that. By comparison it was 39F (4C) in Anchorage AK. These temps happen in February not November. :-t WTF
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

ldent42 said:

ldent42 said:

I would be cautious taking Aleve and ibuprofen at the same time. It can be really hard on the stomach. Many years ago, when I had a severe tendonitis, the doc told me that it takes 1800 mg of ibuprofen a day to get an antiinflammatory effect and she had me take 600 mg three to four times a day. If you take it with food it should help prevent stomach issues. When I later had sciatica, the best help for me was ice, position changes every 30 minutes or so (alternate lying, sitting, standing) and acupuncture. The needles are much smaller and I think helped more than anything. ;)
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

ldent42 said:

ldent42 said:

ldent42 said:

I would be cautious taking Aleve and ibuprofen at the same time. It can be really hard on the stomach. Many years ago, when I had a severe tendonitis, the doc told me that it takes 1800 mg of ibuprofen a day to get an antiinflammatory effect and she had me take 600 mg three to four times a day. If you take it with food it should help prevent stomach issues. When I later had sciatica, the best help for me was ice, position changes every 30 minutes or so (alternate lying, sitting, standing) and acupuncture. The needles are much smaller and I think helped more than anything. ;)
    Yes, as oceaninmyeyes says, be cautious about taking aleve (naproxen) and ibuprofen together as they are both anti-inflammatories. However, it is usually fine, in fact often helpful, to take ibuprofen and acetaminophen (tylenol) together as long as you don't exceed their recommended doses. They work in different ways and can be complimentary. This was recommended to me after a nasty surgery and it worked better than the narcotics.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    Great. We've got a long cold and sunny stretch happening, and this is my favorite weather in the world! It's even the best weather for my hair - it looks fabulous. ;))
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,795
    no work tonight,so i'm really fine..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    We haven't seen the sun for two weeks, so I'm tired today
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    really tire..i need vacatios
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I hate how the healthcare industry seems to be more about money than healing. It's caused a lot of problems and stress lately.especially since were getting phone calls from people whose jobs seem to be to intimidate and/or confuse patients into paying out of pocket for shit that they don't need and/or is covered by the insurance, and/or was already paid for out of pocket.

This cold front decided to show up at the worst possible time. I need to wait till next week to get a new heater & a metal shovel and boom! Have some freezing temps!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    tired just got back from the pub
  • Options
    a little bummed
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    PJ_Soul said:

Great. We've got a long cold and sunny stretch happening, and this is my favorite weather in the world! It's even the best weather for my hair - it looks fabulous. ;))

Nothin like a good hair day ;)
  • Options
    still tired and not enough sleep
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    Stoked we are spanking the Bruins right now.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    Relieved. so happy tomorrow is Friday...another crazy work week. also the construction we've been under since august appears to be done finally with the exception of 1 piece of door trim that is too short and will be replaced. it has been such a stressful time in our family and I'm very glad to be on the other side of it. Now we just have to move my in laws into their new rooms that are now attached to my house and rearrange the rest of the house so we can spread out a bit. The kids will finally have their basement back (that's where the inlaws have been living for the most part of the past 15 years or so). phew, we made it...that's how I feel.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    edited November 2014

Relieved. so happy tomorrow is Friday...another crazy work week. also the construction we've been under since august appears to be done finally with the exception of 1 piece of door trim that is too short and will be replaced. it has been such a stressful time in our family and I'm very glad to be on the other side of it. Now we just have to move my in laws into their new rooms that are now attached to my house and rearrange the rest of the house so we can spread out a bit. The kids will finally have their basement back (that's where the inlaws have been living for the most part of the past 15 years or so). phew, we made it...that's how I feel.

Glad to hear it. I hope the rest of life settles down for you as well. :-*
    And while we only just hit double digits, the giant golden orb in the sky shone on us a bit today. Glorious! All is right with the world! ;)
    Post edited by oceaninmyeyes on
  • Options
    B-) tired..... and tonight we are going to a beach cafe as it's 80's music night..
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Frustrated and spent
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    tired and can't sleep....
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    depressed over my sick kitty cat... I hate life right now....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

aw I hope everything works out, it would be nice if pets could talk, I thought that when my dog was sick :( but I lost him, broke my heart, I still miss him, I hope things sort itself out, and drink hot chocolate for the anxiety but be always prepared for the worst so you don't get shock :(
  • Options
    I'm still tired, no sun, and it will stay like that at least for another five days. Sigh.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    A little keyed up.. Ahh the moving train.. Good for getting your blood boiling!! Lol
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    PJSiren said:

Hugs Hun. It is never easy. Just know that all of us here, are here for you.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,588
    Lazy
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    Like trying out my new signature line to see if it works.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf